UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Semester 2 Week 3

+20
Anthony Lopez
Mathieu Lafaurie
Landry NAULEAU
Luca Maroleau
clémence.varin
aperri25
Chris Boutenet Lardy
romain mercher-gaëtan
Nathan Fivet
BABEAU Clémence
Ropied
camille crochet
Paul Teillet
Emeline CROUZEAUD
Léna Le Bondé
Théo Ben Saada
jonas Jamai
Pardoux Emma
Thomas_Charp
Admin
24 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Semester 2 Week 3 Empty Semester 2 Week 3

Post by Admin Tue Jan 26, 2021 9:36 am

Music. You can talk about this from different angles people. Not just I love music and listen to it all the time. Rolling Eyes
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Semester 2 Week 3 Empty Re: Semester 2 Week 3

Post by Thomas_Charp Tue Jan 26, 2021 11:39 pm

As you know music is everywhere and we listening music every day even without attention. In music, you have a lot of types like rock, pop, R&B, jazz, electro, soul, or even Latino and with that, you also have some atmosphere. For example, you've got an atmosphere for sports, or even if you want to chill out you can. To sum up, music has various faces that can suit well everyone.
In my opinion, music can have a useful way to express your own emotion and can say some words that you don't want to express. You can with just a piece of music tell someone that you love her/him or just tell your friend that in a bad position but moreover music is also a way to gather people around the main subject like your type of music, your favorite artist and more, you can also laugh out loud with your friend (like arouf gangsta), have a discussion around this or just listening music to have a moment of peace/ a moment where you're in your own world.
To conclude, music has a lot of use, you can do almost everything with music like express your opinion, motivate yourself, just enjoy the song and even dance to it because everyone can be satisfied by listening to music.

Thomas_Charp

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pardoux Emma Wed Jan 27, 2021 8:59 am

For this week, I want to talk about the benefit of music. By searching a little on internet, to learn more about it. So i found an article of Futura santé. This article tell us that music can, be a source og pleasure, it reduces stress and anxiety, helps reduce pain, promotes memories and congnitive functions and the last qualities is she helps to do sport. We've all been in that situations when you hear your favourite song and you don't why you start to dance and sing, you are happy. Listening music have a lot quality. This one follow us in our grow up, in our émotions, we don't listening the same music when we are sad, happy, want to be calm or at variance be energised. Music brings friends and family together. It can be associated with an event and we will remember this moment in our all live as soon as we hear this music.

Pardoux Emma

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by jonas Jamai Wed Jan 27, 2021 12:53 pm

I love music and listen to it all the time. It’s quite a good sentence to resume it.
No more seriously I like every time of music classic when I work it's quite good, but pop and rap are also good. A lot of people say that’s not good to lessen music when we work but I think it’s a good way to concentrate on what you do. It’s helped me. When a work a think a can lessen to all types of music it’s not a problem for me. Music is a good way to relax the pressure you have in you. When you're sad you will not lessen the same one as when you want to party. Even sometimes when you lessen to music you can have felling and change your mood. Some music remained you memory’s that you have. I think that music has a huge impact on our lives. It’s also a good way to passe a message. Music has a giant power

jonas Jamai

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Théo Ben Saada Wed Jan 27, 2021 2:20 pm

Reading what my classmates wrote I noticed that for them the music was good and that's it, so I will add this "but" for them. For me music can really help see people save when they are on the brink however music is very diverse and everyone has their own definition, vision and type of music, for me music is a bit like clothes that we wear and I will explain why. A first common point that we can find is that fashion with clothes is found today with rap which is fashionable in music, so a person who does not listen to rap finds himself judged by his comrades even see up to being excluded. This person can then change his style and force himself to listen to rap only to be able to be integrated by the others and others will hide their taste in music with the lies. In short, all that to say that today before a certain age you cannot listen to the music you want without having to be judged by others and I find it a shame to wait for others to grow up to be able to talk about their different tastes for music. Everyone listens to music in a particular way and for a particular reason, some because they like the person who sings it, others for the rhythm, or even the lyrics and the atmosphere that emerges from the music and c is that which is beautiful and interesting with music

Théo Ben Saada

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Léna Le Bondé Wed Jan 27, 2021 3:27 pm

I love to listen to music. For me, it's a way to escape and think about something else. I know that when I'm sad I like to listen to music, and also when I'm stressed, especially at times when the classes oppress me I take my headphones and lock myself in my bubble. I listen to all kinds of music, rap, r&nb, and I also like to listen to music from the 70s and 80s. When I want to sleep, I like to listen to soft music... It relaxes me enormously.
For my little piece of music advice John, I would tell you to listen to Aya Nakamura, she is a very great French singer. Wink

Léna Le Bondé

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Jan 27, 2021 4:53 pm

Léna Le Bondé wrote:I love to listen to music. For me, it's a way to escape and think about something else. I know that when I'm sad I like to listen to music, and also when I'm stressed, especially at times when the classes oppress me I take my headphones and lock myself in my bubble. I listen to all kinds of music, rap, r&nb, and I also like to listen to music from the 70s and 80s. When I want to sleep, I like to listen to soft music... It relaxes me enormously.
For my little piece of music advice John, I would tell you to listen to Aya Nakamura, she is a very great French singer. Wink

I won't understand her Rolling Eyes

Here's one for you Lena, for when you are feeling tooo happy

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Emeline CROUZEAUD Wed Jan 27, 2021 5:47 pm

I really like music. I listen a lot of music types. Modern music, French variety, English/American bands (hey yes...), older music and I also like music with a strong instrumental part. I did a few years of piano before starting my studies, so I sometimes play or listen to a more "classical" style. I listen to music all the time, in the car, with friends, at home, and to work. Working on music with a rather slow tempo helps me to concentrate and work better. Sometimes I even listen to them when I’m on a horse. When I go for a walk alone with the horse, I put on music, I even noticed that according to the style of music, the horse was more or less relaxed. The contributions of music are undeniable on humans but also on animals very amazing. So when I work alone ride horse I’m working on, I put music in the background. It gets him used to having another noise around him, for competition for example, but I find that music has a real positive effect on them too.

Emeline CROUZEAUD

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Teillet Wed Jan 27, 2021 10:16 pm

Everyone love music thanks of its variety, as you know there is a lot of types of music (rap, pop, rock etc.) so there is obviously one for you or at least songs that you like.
Music is a good invention because it has a lot of benefits like relaxing, get motivated for something like sport, and focus.
For example, I know that some people like to listen music while studying, for my part I hate when there is noise around me while I am learning something, it has to be no disturbing noise.
Music is a way to show your personality by playing an instrument, by singing or just listening. It can also be used to pass a message, to struggle with something, or for charitable causes.
Today music is a very large word because we don’t define music as elderly people do because with modern technology music can just be noises without words created by electronic devices, otherwise for a senior music is with words and noises produced by instruments like piano, guitar etc.

Paul Teillet

Back to top Go down

Post by camille crochet Thu Jan 28, 2021 10:06 pm

Music is a wonderful invention. We can listen to it all the time : when we are happy, when we are sad, when we do sports, in the car, in the evening, always !
There are several styles of music, what I listen to the most is French rap (JUL LE S) and pop. I prefer French music because I know all the lyrics, but with my level in English, when I sing English or American music... it's not pretty to listen Rolling Eyes
Besides, if I retained the lessons as much as the music, I'd be the first of STAPS Laughing
I also love listening to piano melodies, it's very soothing.

camille crochet

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Semester 2 Week 3 Empty Music by Roro

Post by Ropied Fri Jan 29, 2021 2:58 pm

The topic of the week is music. It is a very good subject because I cannot go a day without listening to music.It is part of my habits (to go to wash, when I am in the car, to learn my lessons ...), music is everywhere at home. I listen to various types of music (American or French rap / French varieties or even pop ..) to tell the truth as long as the sound moves me a minimum I am delighted. I don't really listen to soft music, I look more for music that is catchy and that wakes you up in the morning.
More seriously, music inspires me a lot, especially those of French rappers because generally, they tell us their story, all the adventures they have gone through etc and I can only respect them. My favorite artist is Damso, I can't go a day without listening to one of these sounds, it's very loud because there are all types of music depending on our "mood" of the day. Cool

Ropied

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by BABEAU Clémence Fri Jan 29, 2021 7:14 pm

For me music is all my life, I won't be able to never listen to music again. I listen every stye of music like pop, rock, electro. I think I'ts a good things to listen lots of music to know everything that exist. Music is important to open up the world and to differents cultures. But at the moment we can't assisted concert and it's very boring. Often people, listen music for every feeling that they have. For example, if they are sad, they will listen a music rather slow and sad. Conversely, if people are very happy, they will listen more energetic music.
But who says music also says dance !!!

BABEAU Clémence

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathan Fivet Sat Jan 30, 2021 9:21 am

The topic of this week is music. For me, music is essential in our life. In fact, listening to music can help us at certain times, such as when we want to think of something else, or when we want to prepare for a test. From my point of view, music motivates me a lot, I listen to it regularly before games to motivate me. The good thing about music is that there are a lot of styles. I listen to all styles and take according to my mood and stress. It has a beneficial effect for me and for my mental health. Finally, I will advise everyone to listen to it daily.

Nathan Fivet

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by romain mercher-gaëtan Sun Jan 31, 2021 11:52 am

Today, I am going to tell you about the origins of a traditional music from my home, "maloya".
Maloya is, along with sega, one of the two major musical genres of Reunion. It is a type of music, song, and dance at the same time.
As a Creolized practice sung in Reunion Island Creole, it is the heir to the musical practices brought to the island by slaves, hired workers, but also French colonists since the seventeenth century. If other instruments can be added to it, the roulèr is preponderant for the maloya as it is defined today. Traditional instruments such as kayamb, pikèr, sati or bobre are also common and remain the basis of traditional maloya.
After being included in the Inventory of Intangible Cultural Heritage in France, this musical practice has been classified, by UNESCO and since October 1, 2009, as the Intangible Cultural Heritage of Humanity.
Maloya has been an integral part of my life, since I was little the first notes of music, we listen to have been maloya. This style of music has a very important place in Reunionese culture. Thus, several groups and singers are known as stars, the group "kiltir", "indigo", Mr. Daniel Waro, Mr. Firmin viri.

romain mercher-gaëtan

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris Boutenet Lardy Sun Jan 31, 2021 4:32 pm

Music is an art, it allows us to spend good times with our friends, during parties for example, but it also allows us to forget difficult moments. For others, it allows us to concentrate during homework or before competitions. Music it a way to escape.
I would say that I am an eclectic person because I can listen to all kinds of music whether it is rap, hip hop, rock and electro.
Today you can listen to music anywhere and on any medium. Like on loudspeakers, through our headphones, on old-fashioned vynils or even with CD.

Chris Boutenet Lardy

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by aperri25 Sun Jan 31, 2021 10:16 pm

Music is extremely present in our generation and is part of our daily life. I listen to a lot of music,in all circumstances :by playing sports, before sleeping but also simply to relax. For me music is a means of escape
it allows me to calm down in difficult situations.I listen to all types of music like 80s, rock, ... Music also stimulates our imaginations and sent us to a parallel universe. On the other hand, I don't like going to see concerts.
I don't know how to play an instrument except maracasse. So music is essential in our society.

aperri25

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by clémence.varin Sun Jan 31, 2021 10:59 pm

Music is magic. There is a very, very wide range of musical styles, there really is something for every taste and every mood. I think that music is now becoming an extension of a person. For my part, I really listen to a lot of styles whether it's chill, evening music, rap... But I really think I have a crush on James Blake. I find that the music he produces is with a really instrumental, with a lot of emotion. Moreover I find his voice completely magnificent.

clémence.varin

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Maroleau Sun Jan 31, 2021 11:54 pm

Let me talk about my relation with music.
During my childhood, to be honest i was not very interesting by music. I was only attracted to sports and games. (Little moment of confession, i just listening to music when i cleaned my room and i had only one disc, i never knew where he came form but that is a CD of Billy Crawford). At my 8 years i started to listening to music, but I was lose between the music on the radio (the music which all the people listening) and my mom who tried to give to me there favourites artists such as The Rolling Stones, Amy Winehouse, U2 and the Red Hot Chili Peppers (and so much more). So my beginnings in the discovery of music were tumultuous.
I can't explain why but this mix led me to my firsts concerts wich were, my first was that of Christophe Mae and in second time was that of Sexion d'assaut.
This search for my musical tastes will last until my sister show me the rap.
She led me to the clasics in the rap world, for example with IAM, Mos def, wu tang clan and many other talented artists. Since this time I never stop listening to music and my sister and I continued to share our musical discoveries and favourites with each other. About concerts, after Sexion d'assaut, I went to Georgio's concert twice, to the Lomepal concert and finally to the Caballero and JeanJass concert.
Today, music accompanies me everywhere and if you have some time or if you are curious let me give to you the names of my two favourites french artists, Népal and Alpha Wann. This is two differents styles of rap but they are so talented.
To finish, if you can give to me the name of your favourites songs I would gladly listen to them.

Luca Maroleau

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Feb 01, 2021 12:13 pm

Luca Maroleau wrote:Let me talk about my relation with music.
During my childhood, to be honest i was not very interesting by music. I was only attracted to sports and games. (Little moment of confession, i just listening to music when i cleaned my room and i had only one disc, i never knew where he came form but that is a CD of Billy Crawford). At my 8 years i started to listening to music, but I was lose between the music on the radio (the music which all the people listening) and my mom who tried to give to me there favourites artists such as The Rolling Stones, Amy Winehouse, U2 and the Red Hot Chili Peppers (and so much more). So my beginnings in the discovery of music were tumultuous.
I can't explain why but this mix led me to my firsts concerts wich were, my first was that of Christophe Mae and in second time was that of Sexion d'assaut.
This search for my musical tastes will last until my sister show me the rap.
She led me to the clasics in the rap world, for example with IAM, Mos def, wu tang clan and many other talented artists. Since this time I never stop listening to music and my sister and I continued to share our musical discoveries and favourites with each other. About concerts, after Sexion d'assaut, I went to Georgio's concert twice, to the Lomepal concert and finally to the Caballero and JeanJass concert.
Today, music accompanies me everywhere and if you have some time or if you are curious let me give to you the names of my two favourites french artists, Népal and Alpha Wann. This is two differents styles of rap but they are so talented.
To finish, if you can give to me the name of your favourites songs I would gladly listen to them.

Genesis (any of the first 3 albums) for Prog rock
Ayreon any album for Space Opera
Hawkwind Quark, strangeness and Charm for Acid Rock
Bowie - Ziggy Stardust live album for 70's pop
The Temptations - Papa was a Rollin stone - Soul
Bauhaus - Hollow Hills - Gothic rock
The Stranglers - Rattus Norvegicus - Punk
Jethro Tull - Heavy Horses - Folk
Mundus incompertus - Par Lindh - organ rock
Rimsky Korsakov - any - classical

Come back to me when you want other categories :-)

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Landry NAULEAU Mon Feb 01, 2021 6:49 pm

Music has certainly become something common to everyone but also essential for many of us. Personally I'm really open to different styles of music. I can enjoy listen piano as much as metal, rap and many other styles. I don't even know if I will be able to choose one song for the rest of my life if I had to choose. I'm also a concert lover and I've the chance to live in La Rochelle who welcomes "Les Francofolies" every years. This festival allowed me to see so many artist and groups than I admired like Damso, Berywam, DJ Snake, S-crew and so many others. I tried my hand at music and today in my spare time I still play a few chords on the accoustic guitare.

Landry NAULEAU

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Mathieu Lafaurie Mon Feb 01, 2021 7:17 pm

When I read the different comments of my classmates, I was really disappointed. None of them spoke about the greatest french singer of all time, it's a shame. With 15 albums in 6 years and more than 3.5 milion albums sold, we can't talk about french music without talking about Jul. The french rapper, native of Marseille, is the biggest french album seller, in front of the IAM or MC Solaar. With 88 songs in 2019, we may think that is impossible to do it without repeating hitself but no, Jul did it. And as well as he create one song every 4 days, every song revolutionizes the french dictionary.
One thing is sure, we haven't finish to listen to Jul singing in Y on is T-Max.

Mathieu Lafaurie

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Anthony Lopez Mon Feb 01, 2021 9:03 pm

The music that she beautiful invention anyway. Everyone listens to it whether they want it or not, on their phone, on the radio in the car, in stores, or in concert there are so many times when you can hear it. For my part I have always listened to music a lot with my sister or my parents but I can tell you that I'm a barbie girl I have heard them more than once. It allows me to listen to a lot of different kind, I can listen to rap and pop music very well. My favorite times to listen to music are either in the party because you can listen to everything even what sucks everyone will sing the music and especially when I need to motivate myself to do things or when I practice sports to put me in my bubble.
To finish with Luca we like to learn to speak quickly some music, I would let you go listen this :
La maison de ma tante
Mise à flow Davodka

Anthony Lopez

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Bedon hugo Tue Feb 02, 2021 12:22 am

I read the text of mathieu lafaurie and i’ll make a demand to change him of our classes. We can’t keep a fan of jul i can’t imagine if in class he put his music without warning us oh my god. I can’t imagine what american or english people who try to learn french think if they hear their songs.
However music can be very very benefit for people i know that’s a therapy for many persone it’s called « musicothérapie » a real medical issue of diseases and specially for mental disease. I don’t know how it can work but it’s certainly good for few person. Obviously it’s not with jul that it can work ... Only for weird people maybe

Bedon hugo

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by lmaricot Mon Feb 08, 2021 3:30 pm

today, we are in a society where music is clearly something that it will influence yourself. Today we are not listening music just because it ring great but clearly because of the message behind. Today music has take a place in your influences more important that anything. Some people vote for a president because he is support by a singer a rapper. Tofay music is dominate our society

lmaricot

Back to top Go down

Post by Romain Robert Tue Feb 09, 2021 4:12 pm

When I hear music, I hear Philippe Katerine. Without Philipe or Philou, there is no music. Indeed, music is everything for Phil and Phil is everything for me. Her music "La reine d'angleterre" rocked me throughout my childhood. Indeed, Mr. Katerine has a soft voice, a magnificent voice. He's the most atypical singer in the world and that's why I love him more than my mother.

Romain Robert

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next