UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Semester 2 Session 5

+19
Bedon hugo
lmaricot
BABEAU Clémence
Luca Maroleau
aperri25
Nathan Fivet
Pardoux Emma
Théo Ben Saada
Léna Le Bondé
Chris Boutenet Lardy
Ropied
Paul Teillet
Emeline CROUZEAUD
Thomas_Charp
Anthony Lopez
Landry NAULEAU
Romain Robert
jonas Jamai
Admin
23 posters

Go down

Semester 2 Session 5 Empty Semester 2 Session 5

Post by Admin Tue Feb 09, 2021 9:38 am

The subject suggested for this week is "Big Business". You can thank Clemence. I'm sure she'll start the discussion so that you have lots to comment on.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Semester 2 Session 5 Empty Re: Semester 2 Session 5

Post by jonas Jamai Tue Feb 09, 2021 1:40 pm

I think it’s a good subject, it’s quite interesting because we speak about money. And I’m sure we all like money. So big business what is it? First of all, we can say that a business is big only if this business makes big money. Apple is a big business, I’d love to work at apple, only if I have a good rage in the companies. Like this I will be rich. After all business can become a big one, it depends on how and who it’s manages. I don’t think I will be a good manger because I now nothing about that.

jonas Jamai

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Romain Robert Tue Feb 09, 2021 4:39 pm

I really like this topic. For one reason alone, it allows me to advertise my uncle without risking an off topic! My uncle, he has the biggest company in the world (and yes, he's not a little gentleman). So if you want windows, shutters, skylights and even gates, contact "ID Menuiserie". This company offers free installation!
I put the site link for you! There is obviously the possibility of delivery!
It's magic: a click, a delivery, a portal!

https://www.id-menuiseries.fr/

Romain Robert

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Landry NAULEAU Tue Feb 09, 2021 6:44 pm

Nowadays, it's possible to create your own business in a short time. So, why all businesses don't work as we can imagine ? When people were building their businesses, they thought money rather than utility. These people make me laugh because they will be the first to ask interest to the part of other. A good business takes time to set up, it's not useful for me to demand interest (this also applies in everyday life), attention, to ask a support because the business is created alone with well-founded and useful ideas. There is no point in wanting to run behind money or fame if it's for nothing interesting.
"Focus on you project and the money will come to you, focus on the money and you will scare it away" Gary VEE.

Landry NAULEAU

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Anthony Lopez Tue Feb 09, 2021 8:21 pm

We will first of all thank Clémence for finding this week's topic.
Then I will talk about the term big business because it can have several ways of being seen. Because you have the big companies that many people know internationally like amazon or apple which are big business with a lot influence with different plant all over the world.
But there are also different companies considered as big business on a regional or national scale because they make big turnover or because they have a lot of employees or because they develop innovative products. For my part, I would always respect the people who have succeeded in launching their business, especially those like amazon who today are recognized internationally because if today we say that he makes money easily it started off hard like everyone else and if it was so easy why no one did it before him.
Afterwards I have a lot of respect for companies with less reputation but which develop or create new things like the company shark robotics which is a company that develops firefighter robots "colossus" like the one which intervened during the fire at Notre Dame cathedral next to that they are developing lots of robots with different utilities such as to evacuate the injured, for recognition and others, especially since it's a company that is from La Rochelle.

Anthony Lopez

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomas_Charp Wed Feb 10, 2021 10:24 am

The term "big business" is, in my point of view, a way to earn a lot of money and have a good and healthy company with a lot of resources like Amazon, Alibaba, or even Apple for example.
All of us know that without money we can't buy food, do an activity, travel and have a house, so I'm pretty sure that everyone here dreams one day that during a day they could spend more money than they want because we want this in our future and that's also why we study hard but today we can also see, that we can create a company without a lot of resources and do some money with this company and it's a way to have a big business if you succeed well.
We all want a life without a worry about the money, what we could spend in a month etc... but behind this and before this, we have to work really hard, don't give up and sometimes take some risk to grow up our company or just us and our personality to step up. Moreover, at our age, we can create a little business like buy an apartment and rented it or just sell some articles like clothes but for having that we have to earn money first so work and at the end, if we can, buy and earn money a little way easier.

Thomas_Charp

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Emeline CROUZEAUD Thu Feb 11, 2021 8:27 pm

The big business is synonymous with big money. In itself it is good to earn a living, to "succeed in life" as people say. But it all depends, for me to succeed in life when to love what you do, to be happy and sometimes money does not all. Especially since the big bushes are often linked to big companies which do not necessarily have good social values, underpaid employees, unrecovered hours etc ... Big business can be harmful.

Emeline CROUZEAUD

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Teillet Sun Feb 14, 2021 12:09 am

First of all, when I think of a big business I think of huge buildings in big cities like New York, Tokyo etc. and I think of a very rich man clothed with a good suit, for example I think of Jeff Bezos, Bill Gates, Elon Musk (even if he is not among the top richest men on Earth, he manage a lot of companies like Tesla and Space X so we can say that this is a very big business). However, a big business can be describe as a business that bring enough money to live more than correctly and to afford everything you want.
For my part, I consider that we don’t need to have a big business to have a good life, of course we all need money to live but a big business is not necessary. But I admire this men who accomplished such great things from starting to nothing. Do you imagine having a big business and having milliards of dollars ? You would be proud of you.
Finally, if I could have a big business I don’t know very much what I would do, I would tend to say that I would save money but with milliards you don’t have to save money because you can buy everything you want, so I would invest my money, share it with my family, help people in need and discover the world.

Paul Teillet

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Semester 2 Session 5 Empty Big Business by Romain

Post by Ropied Sun Feb 14, 2021 12:10 pm

When we mention the term "big business", I immediately refer to "a lot of money", at the same time I think the two expressions go well together, don't you? More seriously, in order to set up a good business, it takes a lot of time and investment on the part of the boss. Indeed, let's take the example of Nike, when it was created, it wasn't immediately known worldwide. It is done step by step. But it should not be forgotten that, although many employees work there, they earn a lot of money. Some do, but some are underpaid.
But some people who start their own business immediately think about money without worrying about the usefulness of what they offer and what usually leads them to bankruptcy for example.

Ropied

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Semester 2 Session 5 Empty Chris

Post by Chris Boutenet Lardy Sun Feb 14, 2021 12:20 pm

This week the subject is very interesting because we are talking about money. They say that money does not buy happiness, but for me it contributes to it all the same.
We are in a country where the success of others makes us jealous, rich people have to hide for fear of being exposed to fics. It is not uncommon to see tax exile in France, even among political figures like Cahuzac.
In addition, getting rich in France is much more difficult than in other countries because the taxes are very high. But countries offer much more interesting taxes.
In this kind of country like the Arab Emirates, South Africa, taxation is very low, it favors business.

Chris Boutenet Lardy

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Léna Le Bondé Sun Feb 14, 2021 10:47 pm

Clémence always has great ideas for topics of the week.
Big business, for me, is when you have a lot of money from work. Everyone's goal I think, is to have a big business some day. The big business it's the big brands, the big platforms like Amazone, Asos, La Redoute.. or also Burger King, Mac Donald's. In general it's all large companies that bring in a lot of money.
If I had to start my business, I would like it to be a big brand of clothing, and that the big designers use them and that the big models wear them during the parades. It's my dream, but I know that it's hard and it takes a lot of money.

Léna Le Bondé

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Théo Ben Saada Mon Feb 15, 2021 10:16 am

A big company, I think everyone has dreamed of it a bit one day, living without worrying about money, having no one above you, in the end you just dream of being free.
The question is whether we have the shoulders to manage all of this because today the people at the head of big companies have built them from scratch and have had to forge themselves to become the big bosses that they are. We all think that being at the head of a big company is easy, but it is millions of things to do, thousands of responsibilities and lives in the hands, it will also be very difficult to know if the people around us will be there for our position and our money or for us as a friend.

Théo Ben Saada

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Semester 2 Session 5 Empty Big buisness

Post by Pardoux Emma Mon Feb 15, 2021 7:45 pm

Thank you Clemence for this topic
When I saw big buisness I thought like everybody to money and buisneman who work and travel a lot. Have a big business is a dream for many people, it contribuates to have a better life, you can do what you want but not really when you want because you need to work a lot. Buisness man or buisness woman because there are also buisness woman like Oprah Winfrey or Byonce have a lot of merit. Top five of big buisness is Apple 323 milliard, Amazon 200 miiliard, Microsoft 166 milliard, Google 165 milliard and Samsung with 62 milliard. Thee are all in new technology particularly in phone and internet. But some other category increase withe the actual pandemic like instagram are in 19 place, youtube are in 30 place and zoom are in 100 place. Zoom saw its turnover increase by 270% in the first quarter. Like what the pandemic is also good.
After the top 5 not far behind we find a large food company like Coca-cola are in 6 place, Mcdonalds are in 9 place. At the 6 and 7 place we have the car industry with Toyota and Mercedes.

So, If you want to have a big buisness you should built it in the industry of food, car and new technology. You can become a rich person

Pardoux Emma

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathan Fivet Wed Feb 17, 2021 6:54 pm

First of all, big business involves financial or commercial activities controlled by big business. In 2017, the combined turnover of the world's 500 richest companies was $30,000 billion, compared to $27,700 billion in 2016. There are several rankings for large companies. In terms of turnover and for the 5th consecutive year, the American supermarket chain Walmart is in the lead. As far as profitability is concerned, Chinese banks have recorded very good results. Four of them (the Industrial & Commercial Bank of China, the China Construction Bank, the Agricultural Bank of China and the Bank of China) are among the ten most profitable companies in the world. The most profitable company in 2017 remains Apple, which generated $48.351 billion in profits in 2016 (compared to $45.687 billion in 2016). China and the United States also dominate the rankings in terms of employment. Walmart, which retains first place with its 2.3 million employees (no change compared to 2016), and China National Petroleum with 1,470,193 employees (compared to 1,512,048 in 2016). Then there are the companies with the largest market capitalisation. This time, it is the GAFAMs that take the first places. For the 7th consecutive year, Apple dominates the charts. Apple's market value reaches 851 billion dollars in 2018 against 754 billion dollars in 2017.

Nathan Fivet

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by aperri25 Thu Feb 18, 2021 8:15 pm

The big bisness is a dream for many people especially the people who start their business and who dream that their initially small bisness becomes a big bisness. Because the big bisness is synonymous with fortune for the entrepreneur but sometimes having a big bisness can destroy a person and his personal life because it is stréssant and especially requires a lot of time and therefore the person forgets their family life. So I think the big bisness and a magnificent goal to achieve but you have to know how to remember things that we love like our family

aperri25

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Maroleau Thu Feb 18, 2021 9:30 pm

Who doesn't know Google, Apple, Facebook, Amazon and Microsoft ? Nobody.
Today this kind of huge companies dominate the economical market. And this at all level.
With a globalisation politic, the capitalist bosses of these large companies have acquired a power that calls into question our sovereignty.
Accentued by the health crisis the development of these companies has risen sharply in recent months.
The states have their backs to the wall. How regulate the power of these big companies without losing their presence on our territory (which would cause the loss of many jobs)?
That a good question especially for Europe for example, who ask him how to decrease the inegalities between big companies and another ones. Indeed, many inegalities exist and they manifest themselves notably through the taxes. Many states such as Irlande have a not very high tax rate, which allows google, for example, to set up its European headquarters there to avoid paying its very expensive taxes.This is one of the many way uses by "bug business" to create a lot of money.

Luca Maroleau

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by BABEAU Clémence Fri Feb 19, 2021 2:26 pm

When we talk big buisness, we immediatly think of Nike, Amazon, Apple, McDonald, Google etc...
But who says big buisness say compétition between the different brand. When you are in the big buisness you win a lot of money and often you are rich, but you must always offer nex things according to the buisness you do to satisfy customers and bring diversity.
The big buisness is known in the whole world thanks to the pub, the influencers in social network, and today there are a real buisness that is create in the social network when certain of brand become kown thanks to influencers because many people whatch them.

BABEAU Clémence

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by lmaricot Sat Feb 20, 2021 4:59 pm

to be honest "big business" is clearly not a subject tha gave me a lot of inspiration but i will make an effort. Big business are the mirrors of society, some wealth people who lead the business gave some orders to people who have less moneay than them superiors. And thoses people when they have the opportunity to give some orders to people under them in the business, they will take a pleasure to do that. Today everybody will told you they are necessary for us but if they are necessary it's clearly because we let them take a big place in our society in exchange of money

lmaricot

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Bedon hugo Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:20 am

A lot of people want to have a big business, because it bring a lot of money and nobody say « no i don’t want to be rich » but i think that it demand a lot of courage, energy and time. I think than some person could become crazy with so much responsability like jeff bezos ( Amazon ) or Elon Musk ( Space X and Tesla)
i’m curious to know how many time elon musk sleep by night ? It would be so little. To make big business i think that it demand a lot of time and a lot of sacrifice elon musk probably had to make a lot of sacrifice. But know his the leader in some field. He’s so intelligent and visionary to create just one car and pass in front of a lot of compagny who create car since a lot of year. And know he send people in space and he want to go in Mars. While states do it but with a lot of years of experience.
It’s the evidence that in our day we can’t do business without « break the rules » and without « do something revolutionnary » because many people have already done a lot of things before.

Bedon hugo

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Mathieu Lafaurie Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:45 pm

Big Business is an American comedy film created in 1988 by Jim Abrahams. Release on June 10 1988, the movie yielded more than 40 million at the box office.
Now you probably want to see the movie, so I will explain to you the story line :
In the 1940s in the small town of Jupiter Hollow, two sets of identical twins are born in the same hospital on the same night. One set to a poor local family and the other to a rich family just passing through. The dizzy nurse on duty accidentally mixes the twins unbeknown to the parents. Our story flashes forward to the 1980s where the mismatched sets of twins are about to cross paths following a big business deal to closedown the Jupiter Hollow factory.

Mathieu Lafaurie

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by sicatal Tue Mar 02, 2021 6:46 am

Big business (in the work of course) (let me get out thoses sexuals thoughts for now) is a good subject but to be honest i don't know i can say about it. I worked at a supermarked for a season and i really disliked the way i've been treated. I think that it's so hard to make a career in that domain that when you have a good grade you just treat the other that doesn't have your status as piece of "poop" but i don't get it. I mean that how can you consider that kind of treatment just because you obtain results it's unbelievable for me. That's why i don't think i'll work in a big business unless i become someone really important heading a giant compagnie so i will be able to disrespect the other headers of big businesses

sicatal

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by camille crochet Mon Mar 08, 2021 1:42 pm

For me, big business represents the big, world-famous companies that generate a lot of money. The big business is the big brands like Amazon, Apple, Microsoft or Google. Today, these large companies live from advertising but above all from technology. The directors of the world's largest companies are the richest.

camille crochet

Back to top Go down

Post by romain mercher-gaëtan Tue Apr 06, 2021 11:02 am

I think now money can come from anywhere. It goes from field work like bricklayers, office work like secretaries or cryptomoney. I think the future of global business will be through cryptomoney like bitcoin.
The price of bitcoin has evolved a lot since it's inception and since then represents a large part of the currency transactions on the internet.

romain mercher-gaëtan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down