UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Week 2 Global Warming.

+13
Paul Piekarski
Ilona Brugiere
Julia
Idier Sarah
Opale
Nina Rodriguez
Besnier Alycia
Valentin_Bourdon
GaiaBenoist
Corentin Chotard
MARECHAL Mathilde
Eva.P
Admin
17 posters

Go down

Week 2 Global Warming. Empty Week 2 Global Warming.

Post by Admin Mon Sep 13, 2021 4:50 pm

What do you think about this serious problem. Are you doing enough? Is it too late? Are we all doomed to die?
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Week 2 Global Warming. Empty Re: Week 2 Global Warming.

Post by Eva.P Mon Sep 13, 2021 5:09 pm

I think the biggest problem with global warming is that the older generations say it's up to the young to act, and the young think it's not their faults but the results of the old. Also we do actions but not much. I think it is not too late to act, but we must not wait. And yes John we are all doomed to die but I don't think it will be because of the warming.

Eva.P

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MARECHAL Mathilde Mon Sep 13, 2021 6:11 pm

I believe that it's necessary to act against global warming as quickly as possible for us, our future lives and those of future generations, because it's never too late. We could all simply start with small everyday actions, do the tri-selective, consume local products, carpool, ... On a large scale, this could significantly reduce our greenhouse gas production. Without action on our part, we will have to suffer the consequences. They could be dramatic, for example, for certain animal species such as the polar bear if its natural space (iceberg) disappears.

MARECHAL Mathilde

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Corentin Chotard Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:32 pm

I think this is indeed a very serious problem. Some people take this problem lightly, but it will not solve itself. I have read articles on the subject, including one where according to IPCC scientists there are only ten years left to stop global warming. This issue is not taken seriously by everyone and I think that if things don't change quickly, there will be serious climate consequences in the future, the near future. Only if everyone realizes the seriousness of the situation can we hope for change. We can already see the consequences of global warming: melting ice, weather changes...

Corentin Chotard

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by GaiaBenoist Thu Sep 16, 2021 2:45 pm

Global warming is a real problem for the planet but also for humans and there future generations. It’s important that we realize this for that we can each act on our scale to save our planet. This sentence I have the impression of having heard it a million times and yet nothing moves. For exemple, when I see all the garbage in the parking on the university and not garbage cans, I don’t understand... Yet, these are smalls things everyday that don’t take much effort. So we must act before it’s too late !

GaiaBenoist

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Valentin_Bourdon Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:14 pm

Global warming is a true and instant problem. We have already seen changes in the environment and especially with the weather during each season of the year. I just can not understand people who doesn't care about this issue. However, I also don't understand the way it is treated. I mean, in my opinion, people who can solve this are in the governements or leading the biggest companies of the world, not the little farmer who must not use pesticides and drive his gazole tractor ...

Valentin_Bourdon

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Besnier Alycia Thu Sep 16, 2021 8:22 pm

Global warming worries me a lot, so I am careful about what I do and I try to act in an ecological way. However, for me, global warming is not only due to the hand of man, it is accelerated by it. The planet has life cycles

Besnier Alycia

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Week 2 Global Warming. Empty Week 2 Global Warming.

Post by Nina Rodriguez Sat Sep 18, 2021 5:11 pm

Concerning global warming, the problem is serious, very complicated and delicate because it does not concern only a few people but the world population. It is therefore very difficult to link all the countries together, especially since their ways of doing and thinking may be opposed. Personally, at my level I pay attention to certain things but I can and must surely do more. I don't think it's too much because nothing is ever too late, but scientists are less and less optimistic and predict an increase of about 1° at the end of the century. So are we doomed, I don't know.

Nina Rodriguez

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Opale Sat Sep 18, 2021 5:51 pm

I find this to be a very important problem and we really need everyone's help to be able to slow it down. Because the consequences of global warming are terrible, especially the rising water levels but also the melting ice ... For my part, I try to do as much as possible to help the planet. For example, I sort my waste as much as possible, I take care to turn off the lights ... I think it is not too late. It's never too late ! We can always do good deeds even if it's not a big thing that's always it. If it continues like this then yes we are doomed to die.

Opale

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Idier Sarah Sat Sep 18, 2021 8:53 pm

I don't understand the climate skeptic. How can people still believe that global warming does not exist ?? Seriously ? Every year it gets worse. We see pictures of polar bears without ice floes. We hear about species that are disappearing or migrating. Forest fires are multiplying and are more and more dangerous (this is my domain so I can tell you that before the Charente was at low risk. Now the South Charente is at severe risk. Even Bretagne has risks of forest fires ! Bretagne !) And people continue to find excuses for not to talk about global warming, companies continue their pollution .... And everyone closes their eyes.

Idier Sarah

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Julia Sun Sep 19, 2021 7:53 pm

Global warming is something terrible. This means that the periods of melting of the sea ice take more and more time. This melting of the ice is at the origin of extreme waves that impact the coasts. The height of the waves could reach nearly 6 meters as early as 2100. This would cause recurrent flooding. It is difficult to change our pollution habits. We do not have enough influence to stop polluting it would be almost impossible. I don't think we can die from it but it could cause diseases, with the over-pollution of the atmosphere.

Julia

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Ilona Brugiere Sun Sep 19, 2021 9:44 pm

Global warming will become more and more dangerous. It is currently + 2.7 degrees according to the ONU. This is a problem, because the change that takes place in the air goes very very quickly... All this can cause effects in humans like : malnutrition/undernourishment, mortality..
The consequences on nature are also very present : we raze forests, build roads, use chemicals. And all this is not good for biodiversity.

Ilona Brugiere

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Piekarski Sun Sep 19, 2021 10:58 pm

Global warming is a serious problem. This global warming is mainly due to human activities, and we are not giving ourselves enough means to change things. so we cannot complain about the bad consequences that this has on us, our living conditions. But we should stop thinking about ourselves and make efforts to save our planet and all its biodiversity.

Paul Piekarski

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Ninon Ragot Mon Sep 20, 2021 12:04 am

Humans complain about global warming but do not act, although they are primarily responsible for the consequences. We must act to save our planet. Everyone should realize that with individual efforts, things can still be turned around. It is time to stand up and get involved, think about future generations, change habits and take certain actions to improve the current catastrophic situation.

Ninon Ragot

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Albane de Braqu Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:32 am

I think that global warming is already too much started to be able to stop it and that unfortunately it is not possible for us to make a change on a large enough scale, the actions must come from big industries and from the governments of the countries underdeveloped. Because in our developed countries and concerned about the good health of our planet, things are moving and young people are aware of the problem and take things in hand, but it would be necessary to succeed in making the overconsumption country open its eyes.

Albane de Braqu

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Week 2 Global Warming. Empty Global Warmiiiing

Post by Lucas Alleix Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:32 am

The biggest problem with global warming is that it will impact future generations much more than ours.
The human population has increased, so has the volume of fossil fuels burned. Burning them causes what is known as the “greenhouse effect” in Earth’s atmosphere. 
The greenhouse effect is when the Sun’s rays penetrate the atmosphere, but when that heat is reflected off the surface cannot escape back into space.
We can limit the damage of global warming only if each person makes an effort every day. Just the fact of taking your car less for short trips will considerably reduce gas emissions.

Lucas Alleix

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Aurele sellier Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:35 am

The future of humanity is in a real bad shape. We, humans, have been polluting the planet earth for years ans years without thinking about the consequences of our actions. I am not a scientist, but I personnally think it’s to late to save our planet. All we can do know is repulse the inevitable.

Aurele sellier

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down