UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

discussion topic Group 2 Bad experience

+12
Kelly Rajaona
Jason MASSIMINO
Lucas Lesade
Emma Galan
Amandine Thenault
Julien LUCAS
Lacombe Pauline
Léonie
Amélia TLILI
marie fourgnaud
SARAH ROI
Admin
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

discussion topic Group 2 Bad experience Empty discussion topic Group 2 Bad experience

Post by Admin Wed Nov 24, 2021 9:33 am

This should be fun
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

discussion topic Group 2 Bad experience Empty I don' like this subject but i'm bored so here's a thread for you

Post by SARAH ROI Thu Nov 25, 2021 2:40 pm

I'm trying to find a bad experience that isn't traumatic and it's hard.
Most of my bad experiences either ended up turning okay or even better than in the first place, or either it is something that shouldn't be told in there because it's too dark and will leave you scars and i'll have to add trigger warnings which I don't want to do.
Instead, I found some related to the work place.
I'll call this thread : Gross things that I saw/happened to me at work

1) Vomit fever ??
I've worked in a total of 2 fast foods in my life, Burger King and McDonald's.
Burger King was in Toulouse, a student city, so it makes sense as to what happened. Actually two gross things happened while I worked there.
Anyways, one night, while I was the one responsible for cleaning the restaurant, my manager comes to see me and tells me someone threw up on the terrace, I thought I would have to clean it but thank god he was a kind person and cleaned it instead of me. Then, still at this Burger King, a girl asked for the location of the toilet which I gave to her and a few minutes later a colleague of mine told me that someone peed in the toilet. But the toilet room, not the cabin where there's the actual toilet. So anyways, there was pee all over the floor, which once again I wasn't asked to clean thank god x2. By the way, it was filmed but I never got to see the video lol
Mcdonald's : someone threw up on the terrace, AGAIN, but this time I was the one to notice it which was really disgusting and awful, once again I had my guadian angel with me because I didn't have to clean it.
Why do people think it's okay to throw up in fast foods teracces ???

2) Camping paradis? More like camping i'm gonna die
This first half of summer I was working in a camping as a barmaid, which, so far so good. However, not having my driver's license I had to stay in the caravan they offered for staff, it was one caravan for two members. The thing is, I lived 20mins away by car from the camping whereas some of my colleagues came from all over the France to work here. Anyways, keep in mind that this was a 5 stars camping. The caravan was in a disgusting state, it was barely standing no kidding. When it was windy the caravan was litterally moving. The owner didn't gave us access to running water in those, so if we wanted water, we had to go to a faucet in the middle of the staff location. This means that everytime we wanted to go to the toilet or take a shower, we had to walk 5mins+ to use the common areas. I'm still scarred by this experience and also I suspected the owner to be kinda racist, so I quit but anyways now I can make cocktails, so you lose some, you win some.

3) Welcome to the workplace or has girlbossing gone too far ??
My first year of commercial studies I had to do an internship. My "godfather" in the program had a girlfriend that lived in London and started her own business. It was an online jewelry store, I didn't want to look for an internship so he put us in contact and we agreed that I would be her community manager and such. The internship begins, she tells me to "plan" the new jewelry collection. I'm asking her how, she tells me to looks for jewelry that I like on Ebay, Amazon and Aliexpress. That's where I knew I was doing an internship for her DROPSHIPPING company. I don't even know if dropshipping is legal, so basically my first experience in a workplace I was probably working for a company that had illegal activities... FUN
SARAH ROI
SARAH ROI

Admin and Kelly Rajaona like this post

Back to top Go down

discussion topic Group 2 Bad experience Empty Monday 8th of November : storytimeeee

Post by Kelly Rajaona Thu Nov 25, 2021 6:18 pm

Here is the story time nobody asked for <3
So, on Monday the 8th we didn't have any course so with Jason, Sarah and Amandine we decided to spend the day in Bordeaux. We had a great day, it was around 6pm and before taking the Jason's stylish twingo to drive back to Angouleme, Sarah wanted to go to a pet shop. We made a quick visit and just before leaving idk why i decided to touch this freaking weird litter that was exposed !

Anyways, we got in the car, singing like a bunch of turkeys, and my ankles started itching.. and then my shoulders started itching too..I didn't really pay attention to that i just scratch-scratched myself. We got home home and ordered pizzas, and it was 10 o'clock when they all started to find it really scary (and kinda gross) because my whole body was covered with itchy patches, like from the tip of my toe to the inside of my ears. It was genuinely uncomfortable, i was red and my body was burning. I was having an allergic reaction to this freaking litter  What a Face

It's 22:30 we call 112, they told us to go to the emergency, Amandine drives me to the emergency, then she's not allowed to go in with me because of covid. It was cold and late i told her to go back home.

The nurses take my blood pressure, and they admit me to the service. I'm in the corridor, waiting to be taken care of, but since there's no place where the wait is longer than in an emergency...

00:00, an other nurse take my blood pressure again and go away. No doliprane, no sugar, nothing to stop me from scratching my body, no information about what i have, no doctor coming to see me. I'm just being moved in a room, next to an old lady and for the intimacy they drawn the curtain.

Here is the fall : they forgot me Very Happy i stayed behing my curtain until 2 am.
I decided to go since there were nobody left, no nurse, no doctor, lights were off, everybody was gone even the ppl who arrived after me. I took my stuff and got outside, i was by myself, 40 minutes away from my place by walk. I barely had any hope for Amandine to answer my call because it was way too late, but as the superwoman she is, she came under 10 minutes (love amandine, have an amandine in your life).

BUT

here's the fall #2 : the hospital was completely closed ! So was the fence ! You already can see me coming, i had to climb the hospital fence to go out clown clown clown clown *clown music playing crescendo*

This story time was really long, congrats to those who red it all, this was my Ted Talk thank you for listening and don't forget to subscribe sunny
Kelly Rajaona
Kelly Rajaona

Admin, SARAH ROI, Jason MASSIMINO, Hanae Khallouk Temsamani and Mélanie Pecchio like this post

Back to top Go down

discussion topic Group 2 Bad experience Empty Re: discussion topic Group 2 Bad experience

Post by Admin Thu Nov 25, 2021 8:13 pm

SARAH ROI wrote:I'm trying to find a bad experience that isn't traumatic and it's hard.
Most of my bad experiences either ended up turning okay or even better than in the first place, or either it is something that shouldn't be told in there because it's too dark and will leave you scars and i'll have to add trigger warnings which I don't want to do.
Instead, I found some related to the work place.
I'll call this thread : Gross things that I saw/happened to me at work

1) Vomit fever ??
I've worked in a total of 2 fast foods in my life, Burger King and McDonald's.
Burger King was in Toulouse, a student city, so it makes sense as to what happened. Actually two gross things happened while I worked there.
Anyways, one night, while I was the one responsible for cleaning the restaurant, my manager comes to see me and tells me someone threw up on the terrace, I thought I would have to clean it but thank god he was a kind person and cleaned it instead of me. Then, still at this Burger King, a girl asked for the location of the toilet which I gave to her and a few minutes later a colleague of mine told me that someone peed in the toilet. But the toilet room, not the cabin where there's the actual toilet. So anyways, there was pee all over the floor, which once again I wasn't asked to clean thank god x2. By the way, it was filmed but I never got to see the video lol
Mcdonald's : someone threw up on the terrace, AGAIN, but this time I was the one to notice it which was really disgusting and awful, once again I had my guadian angel with me because I didn't have to clean it.
Why do people think it's okay to throw up in fast foods teracces ???

2) Camping paradis? More like camping i'm gonna die
This first half of summer I was working in a camping as a barmaid, which, so far so good. However, not having my driver's license I had to stay in the caravan they offered for staff, it was one caravan for two members. The thing is, I lived 20mins away by car from the camping whereas some of my colleagues came from all over the France to work here. Anyways, keep in mind that this was a 5 stars camping. The caravan was in a disgusting state, it was barely standing no kidding. When it was windy the caravan was litterally moving. The owner didn't gave us access to running water in those, so if we wanted water, we had to go to a faucet in the middle of the staff location. This means that everytime we wanted to go to the toilet or take a shower, we had to walk 5mins+ to use the common areas. I'm still scarred by this experience and also I suspected the owner to be kinda racist, so I quit but anyways now I can make cocktails, so you lose some, you win some.

3) Welcome to the workplace or has girlbossing gone too far ??
My first year of commercial studies I had to do an internship. My "godfather" in the program had a girlfriend that lived in London and started her own business. It was an online jewelry store, I didn't want to look for an internship so he put us in contact and we agreed that I would be her community manager and such. The internship begins, she tells me to "plan" the new jewelry collection. I'm asking her how, she tells me to looks for jewelry that I like on Ebay, Amazon and Aliexpress. That's where I knew I was doing an internship for her DROPSHIPPING company. I don't even know if dropshipping is legal, so basically my first experience in a workplace I was probably working for a company that had illegal activities... FUN

1. Why do people think it's okay to vomit anywhere? Why do they get themselves into the state where vomiting is a likely outcome?
2. Racist cocktails actually exist you know.
3. It's legal depending on who your supplier is.
4. thought I'd reply being as you wrote so much, so quickly.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

discussion topic Group 2 Bad experience Empty Re: discussion topic Group 2 Bad experience

Post by Admin Thu Nov 25, 2021 8:16 pm

Kelly Rajaona wrote:Here is the story time nobody asked for <3
So, on Monday the 8th we didn't have any course so with Jason, Sarah and Amandine we decided to spend the day in Bordeaux. We had a great day, it was around 6pm and before taking the Jason's stylish twingo to drive back to Angouleme, Sarah wanted to go to a pet shop. We made a quick visit and just before leaving idk why i decided to touch this freaking weird litter that was exposed !

Anyways, we got in the car, singing like a bunch of turkeys, and my ankles started itching.. and then my shoulders started itching too..I didn't really pay attention to that i just scratch-scratched myself. We got home home and ordered pizzas, and it was 10 o'clock when they all started to find it really scary (and kinda gross) because my whole body was covered with itchy patches, like from the tip of my toe to the inside of my ears. It was genuinely uncomfortable, i was red and my body was burning. I was having an allergic reaction to this freaking litter  What a Face

It's 22:30 we call 112, they told us to go to the emergency, Amandine drives me to the emergency, then she's not allowed to go in with me because of covid. It was cold and late i told her to go back home.

The nurses take my blood pressure, and they admit me to the service. I'm in the corridor, waiting to be taken care of, but since there's no place where the wait is longer than in an emergency...

00:00, an other nurse take my blood pressure again and go away. No doliprane, no sugar, nothing to stop me from scratching my body, no information about what i have, no doctor coming to see me. I'm just being moved in a room, next to an old lady and for the intimacy they drawn the curtain.

Here is the fall : they forgot me Very Happy i stayed behing my curtain until 2 am.
I decided to go since there were nobody left, no nurse, no doctor, lights were off, everybody was gone even the ppl who arrived after me. I took my stuff and got outside, i was by myself, 40 minutes away from my place by walk. I barely had any hope for Amandine to answer my call because it was way too late, but as the superwoman she is, she came under 10 minutes (love amandine, have an amandine in your life).

BUT

here's the fall #2 : the hospital was completely closed ! So was the fence ! You already can see me coming, i had to climb the hospital fence to go out clown clown clown clown *clown music playing crescendo*

This story time was really long, congrats to those who red it all, this was my Ted Talk thank you for listening and don't forget to subscribe sunny

Why is it that none of this surprises me?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Kelly Rajaona likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by marie fourgnaud Fri Nov 26, 2021 9:18 am

I’ve thought long and hard, and I don’t have any bad experiences that have traumatized me. I just have little experiences in mind where I was ashamed and I’m laughing now.
For example, falls in the college hallways because I had new boots with a few heels and I didn’t know how to walk with them or a door I couldn’t open because I was shooting instead of pushing... I have other stories that for me are bad experiences but I just didn’t realize how hard things were. I’m talking about museums in Normandy about the war on the landing beaches that I failed to visit in full because seeing the images and personal belongings of the soldiers who died under our feet was too hard for me especially visiting batteries with audio guides that explained that in the room where we are, soldiers died...
Luckily for me I have not lived yet (I touch wood while I write) no bad experience just from life situations that everyone can live like have injuries and end up in the emergency room waiting long for doctors or falls without consequences...

marie fourgnaud

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Amélia TLILI Mon Nov 29, 2021 3:05 pm

I've had so many bad experiences before ... but there are two that have traumatized me the most.

The first one happened when I was in high school, I was 15 years old. I had friends who smoked cigarettes, but not just that. One day, I was in front of the high school gate and a friend offered to give me a try to smoke a joint. I accepted to appear "cool", in the end I regretted it because I had a bad trip. I went to class completely stoned, my eyes were all red and I didn't know where I was. I left the room to go and throw up to the toilets and after I felt better. Moral of the story; I will NEVER smoke MARIJUANA OF MY ALL LIFE AGAIN. discussion topic Group 2 Bad experience 1f637

my second bad experience that traumatized me was the second dose of the covid19 vaccine. I did the vaccine at the end of August. The first night I had a fever but I think it was normal. But the second day after the injection, I went to the hospital because I thought I was going to die. I had very bad stomach pains and I was dehydrated, the nurses put me a catheter to rehydrate me.
From January the 3rd dose of the vaccine will be obligatory but I will not do it, no thank you, I will skip my turn, I don't want to die.

Amélia TLILI

Admin and Imane ZEKHNINI like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Léonie Mon Nov 29, 2021 6:14 pm

The story I am about to tell you happened when I was in the second year of high school. I had an oral presentation in History & Geography class. I do not remember the precise subject, but I know it was especially about History and not Geography. It was not a presentation by group. I was presenting in solo my subject, like everyone in the class. This History & Geography’s class happened during the morning. As I do not like to take a breakfast when I woke up, I had not eaten before the class. My last meal was the previous day, the evening meal. I am also stressed when I have to pass an exam in general, but even more when it is an oral exam. So, with the stress of the presentation and the fact that by stomach was completely empty, I suddenly collapsed, in front of everyone, when I was doing my presentation. I remembered my head hitting the floor, it is not a pleasant feeling. This happened 5 years ago so I do not recall all the details after that event, but I know that in the end, my grade was 16 out of 20, as I managed to continue the presentation later. What is funny about it, is that the same thing happened 2 years later, with exactly the same circumstances! This time, I was in L1 LLCE English at the University of Poitiers. It was during the English Oral Expression class. I fainted a few seconds in front of everyone during my oral presentation. I remember my English teacher for this class, who was an American barely younger than us, in panic because she never had ever faced a situation like this one. One of my friends, who knew that I had not eaten before the presentation just stood up and came to me with her chocolate bar, saying to me “Listen to me when I tell you to eat in the morning!”. So thoughtful of her. Now, if I have an oral presentation in the morning, I know I have to eat at least something before.

Léonie

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Lacombe Pauline Mon Nov 29, 2021 6:49 pm

Bad experience? That I know. I'm such an unlucky person that I experience them almost daily. One that I think will remember for a long time is one of the driver's license exam.
I passed it when I was just 18 years old: I succeeded parallel parking in a narrow street, I didn't make any mistake, we went back to the driving school and there... A car came too fast and the examiner had to brake for me. I already know that it was over.
Second session: I meet a horrible examiner who puts pressure on me, I turn left instead of right, I just avoid a one-way street and it takes me almost 10 minutes to park. Of course, I didn't get it.
Third passage, I say to myself that’s ok I saw everything this time, that it will go. I arrive, and I came across with the same examiner as the second time. After thirty minutes of ordeal, 40 hours of driving, many tears and 3000 euros spent... I got the long awaited card. And don't worry, I never had an accident since.

Lacombe Pauline

Back to top Go down

Post by Julien LUCAS Mon Nov 29, 2021 7:09 pm

This year i'm very unlucky so i have something to write.

So the first one was in march when i had to do an internship at Malta. One month before leaving France i bought my plane ticket with my friends, but i bought it on website like Tripadvisor to have it cheaper. So i bought it, but in my mail i see something weird, they moved my first plane without asking me. At the beginning i had to wait one hour in Francfort before my second plane, after i had to wait 8 hour. So i started to laugh nervously (i always do this when something like this happens.
I looked on the website to change it and it was 50€ so i didn't want it was not my bad. So i called the german compagny "Lufthansa", they changed it so it was ok for me.
3 weeks after (so 4 days before my plane) i checked my email and i saw one from the first compagny who told me something like "We saw you changed your plane, but now your ticket is not the same than your plane so you cannot take it". I had to cancel it and bought another one (they give my money back in july).

After 2 weeks in Malta, my phone fall, it didn't want to restart, and during quarantine i waited 3 weeks to buy another one.

And in september, Free took ONLY 45 days to activate my Internet line, first it was an adress problem (1 week to confirm after i sent them), after it was problem with fiber (i'm not sure about this word) in my apartement and my apartement owner didn't want to break the wall (just a little bit, something like a little whole to brind the cable), after it was line problem, they didn't disable last line in my apartement and i had to find by myself the name of the line owner to prove i live in this apartment, after this, i had to wait Orange because they had to remove my fiber line to put ADSL line instead. I though it was i a giant prank with every single "angoumoisin" as actor.

Julien LUCAS

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Amandine Thenault Mon Nov 29, 2021 8:23 pm

I don't think i've ever had a bad experience or at least i can't complain about it. But i still have a bad memory of the death of my hamster. I must have been eleven or twelve years old when i got my first pet. I decided to name him Hamidou. He was white and gray. A few months after i got him, he started to behave strangely. He was at the bottom of his cage and would not move. He didn't even eat for days. My parents thought that he was dead or barely dead and that we had to put him out of his misery. So they put him in a plastic bag and buried him in the garden. A week later my mother was reading the newspaper. She came across an article with a nice headline like "Don't be afraid if your hamster doesn't react anymore, they are in hibernation". My mother never admitted the truth to me until a few years ago.
Amandine Thenault
Amandine Thenault

Admin, Kelly Rajaona, Lacombe Pauline and Jason MASSIMINO like this post

Back to top Go down

discussion topic Group 2 Bad experience Empty MY LOOOONG MISADVENTURE IN BRIGHTON

Post by Emma Galan Mon Nov 29, 2021 11:36 pm

Do you remember when I was talking about my 2 month trip to Brighton ? Well, as I said before it was an extraordinary experience and it’s probably one of the better(if not the better) moments of my life, but this great adventure started with a bad story. Take a seat, this thread is going to be quite long.
Before I start my story you have to know that I planned my trip with an organization called EF. I chose it because their campus was great but also because they assured me that I would share my room with another student of the same age as me and from a different country. Remember it. I forgot to mention it but I chose the option of the host family.
Two weeks before my departure, EF sent me the contact information of my host family. I found the city on Google map but I didn’t manage to find the precise address. At this time I thought it was because english addresses were weird and as a frenchy I couldn’t understand them. I sent my host family an email to present myself and tell them how excited I was. The mom answered a few days later but his email was full of mistakes and I’m not talking about minor errors, noooooooo (say goodbye to the S in the third person). Anyway, after this I was really afraid of leaving my home. I tried to reassure myself but I had no idea where I was going to go.
Here comes the day D. My flight took off at 10am so I went to the airport at 8am. I arrived at London Gatwick at 11am (12am in France). Once I picked up my luggages I went to find my taxi, it wasn’t very difficult. However after I presented myself, the driver told me to wait because he also had to pick up another EF student. So we waited together. At first I thought we would wait for a few minutes … BIG MISTAKE ! We have waited for 2 long hours !!! When Busra (the name of the student) arrived, we could finally move on and go to Brighton. Btw the driver wasn’t a gentleman. He took Busra’s biggest luggage and he took my smallest luggage. Do you know why ? Because my big luggage had one of its wheels broken ! Man, I was trying to follow them with my  heavy broken luggage but it was so difficult. Dear driver, I will never forget you.
After the car journey, we arrived at Peacehaven, my new town for the next two months. As the name says, it was very peaceful. The driver wanted to drop me first so we went to my mystery home. I was so disappointed when I discovered the poor appartement where my host family lived. It was one pedestrian crossing from the cliffs but there were no windows with a sea view Sad.  My driver rang the doorbell, one time, two times, three times … NO ONE OPENED THE DOOR ! We even called my host family but once again, no one picked the phone. Oh my, I was so afraid that I was about to cry. The driver called the school and he was told to bring Busra to her host family. Her family was perfect, a lovely couple with a lovely dog and a lovely house. I was so jealous. After this, the driver brought me to the school in Brighton. It was 2pm (3pm in France) and I hadn't eaten anything since my departure. I was really really hungry but also really tired. Finally the school managed to contact my host family : they were waiting for me. So I took another taxi and here I was ! I rang the doorbell and a Pakistani woman opened the door. She was very smiley with her baby in her arms. (What a baby ? Why is there a baby ? Everything is okay, I love babies). She welcomed me inside and gave me a tour of the appartement. It was a very small apartment with one living room, one bathroom and two bedrooms. OH and did I tell you that it was a 5 member family ? A couple with their 3 children.  I really saw the moment where I would have to share the bedroom with the kids. The family was very warm, they offered me a sandwich cuz’ it was 3pm and I didn’t eat for very long. The sandwich was awful (sandwich bread with lettuce and cucumber, I ate both of these vegetables). I asked to go to my bedroom to take a nap (but also to cry). She showed me my bedroom, hopefully I didn’t have to share it with the kids but there was a problem. There was only ONE bed.
“     -     Scuse me Rani [name of the mom] but where is the second student ?
Oh, therrrrre isn’t otherrrrr student [she had a terrible Indian accent].”
WTF ?! IS THAT A STUPID JOKE ?! I paid to be with another student girl, I didn’t want to be alone with this family. After this, when I was alone in my room, I called my mom while I was crying my eyes out. We called the school to find a solution. Once we explained the problem, they proposed to move me to another family the next week. It was the longest week ever. My host family was great with me but the living conditions were awful : no internet wifi (I had to wait for the father, a taxi driver, who was coming home at 10pm), no hot water (27°c max), there were humidity problems in my room (I had the misfortune to leave one of my trousers outside the luggage one night, on the morning it was completely wet, that’s not a joke, I promise), I couldn’t go out after 10pm and I had to be gone of the house before 9am (they didn’t want to give the spare keys), but I think the worst was the TV : to have peace, Rani left the TV on all day on the children's channel. I had the feeling of living with the teletubbies.
The next Sunday, I moved to another family in Newhaven. My new host family was perfect. Kerry and Andy were adorable but the first thing they said when they welcomed me was “Emma, you smell curry”.

END
Emma Galan
Emma Galan

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Nov 30, 2021 9:25 am

Emma Galan wrote:Do you remember when I was talking about my 2 month trip to Brighton ? Well, as I said before it was an extraordinary experience and it’s probably one of the better(if not the better) moments of my life, but this great adventure started with a bad story. Take a seat, this thread is going to be quite long.
Before I start my story you have to know that I planned my trip with an organization called EF. I chose it because their campus was great but also because they assured me that I would share my room with another student of the same age as me and from a different country. Remember it. I forgot to mention it but I chose the option of the host family.
Two weeks before my departure, EF sent me the contact information of my host family. I found the city on Google map but I didn’t manage to find the precise address. At this time I thought it was because english addresses were weird and as a frenchy I couldn’t understand them. I sent my host family an email to present myself and tell them how excited I was. The mom answered a few days later but his email was full of mistakes and I’m not talking about minor errors, noooooooo (say goodbye to the S in the third person). Anyway, after this I was really afraid of leaving my home. I tried to reassure myself but I had no idea where I was going to go.
Here comes the day D. My flight took off at 10am so I went to the airport at 8am. I arrived at London Gatwick at 11am (12am in France). Once I picked up my luggages I went to find my taxi, it wasn’t very difficult. However after I presented myself, the driver told me to wait because he also had to pick up another EF student. So we waited together. At first I thought we would wait for a few minutes … BIG MISTAKE ! We have waited for 2 long hours !!! When Busra (the name of the student) arrived, we could finally move on and go to Brighton. Btw the driver wasn’t a gentleman. He took Busra’s biggest luggage and he took my smallest luggage. Do you know why ? Because my big luggage had one of its wheels broken ! Man, I was trying to follow them with my  heavy broken luggage but it was so difficult. Dear driver, I will never forget you.
After the car journey, we arrived at Peacehaven, my new town for the next two months. As the name says, it was very peaceful. The driver wanted to drop me first so we went to my mystery home. I was so disappointed when I discovered the poor appartement where my host family lived. It was one pedestrian crossing from the cliffs but there were no windows with a sea view Sad.  My driver rang the doorbell, one time, two times, three times … NO ONE OPENED THE DOOR ! We even called my host family but once again, no one picked the phone. Oh my, I was so afraid that I was about to cry. The driver called the school and he was told to bring Busra to her host family. Her family was perfect, a lovely couple with a lovely dog and a lovely house. I was so jealous. After this, the driver brought me to the school in Brighton. It was 2pm (3pm in France) and I hadn't eaten anything since my departure. I was really really hungry but also really tired. Finally the school managed to contact my host family : they were waiting for me. So I took another taxi and here I was ! I rang the doorbell and a Pakistani woman opened the door. She was very smiley with her baby in her arms. (What a baby ? Why is there a baby ? Everything is okay, I love babies). She welcomed me inside and gave me a tour of the appartement. It was a very small apartment with one living room, one bathroom and two bedrooms. OH and did I tell you that it was a 5 member family ? A couple with their 3 children.  I really saw the moment where I would have to share the bedroom with the kids. The family was very warm, they offered me a sandwich cuz’ it was 3pm and I didn’t eat for very long. The sandwich was awful (sandwich bread with lettuce and cucumber, I ate both of these vegetables). I asked to go to my bedroom to take a nap (but also to cry). She showed me my bedroom, hopefully I didn’t have to share it with the kids but there was a problem. There was only ONE bed.
“     -     Scuse me Rani [name of the mom] but where is the second student ?
Oh, therrrrre isn’t otherrrrr student [she had a terrible Indian accent].”
WTF ?! IS THAT A STUPID JOKE ?! I paid to be with another student girl, I didn’t want to be alone with this family. After this, when I was alone in my room, I called my mom while I was crying my eyes out. We called the school to find a solution. Once we explained the problem, they proposed to move me to another family the next week. It was the longest week ever. My host family was great with me but the living conditions were awful : no internet wifi (I had to wait for the father, a taxi driver, who was coming home at 10pm), no hot water (27°c max), there were humidity problems in my room (I had the misfortune to leave one of my trousers outside the luggage one night, on the morning it was completely wet, that’s not a joke, I promise), I couldn’t go out after 10pm and I had to be gone of the house before 9am (they didn’t want to give the spare keys), but I think the worst was the TV : to have peace, Rani left the TV on all day on the children's channel. I had the feeling of living with the teletubbies.
The next Sunday, I moved to another family in Newhaven. My new host family was perfect. Kerry and Andy were adorable but the first thing they said when they welcomed me was “Emma, you smell curry”.

END

Well worth the long read. thanks
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Nov 30, 2021 9:26 am

Amandine Thenault wrote:I don't think i've ever had a bad experience or at least i can't complain about it. But i still have a bad memory of the death of my hamster. I must have been eleven or twelve years old when i got my first pet. I decided to name him Hamidou. He was white and gray. A few months after i got him, he started to behave strangely. He was at the bottom of his cage and would not move. He didn't even eat for days. My parents thought that he was dead or barely dead and that we had to put him out of his misery. So they put him in a plastic bag and buried him in the garden. A week later my mother was reading the newspaper. She came across an article with a nice headline like "Don't be afraid if your hamster doesn't react anymore, they are in hibernation". My mother never admitted the truth to me until a few years ago.

buried alive affraid That must be one of the worst nightmares possible.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Nov 30, 2021 9:29 am

Lacombe Pauline wrote:Bad experience? That I know. I'm such an unlucky person that I experience them almost daily. One that I think will remember for a long time is one of the driver's license exam.
I passed it when I was just 18 years old: I succeeded parallel parking in a narrow street, I didn't make any mistake, we went back to the driving school and there... A car came too fast and the examiner had to brake for me. I already know that it was over.
Second session: I meet a horrible examiner who puts pressure on me, I turn left instead of right, I just avoid a one-way street and it takes me almost 10 minutes to park. Of course, I didn't get it.
Third passage, I say to myself that’s ok I saw everything this time, that it will go. I arrive, and I came across with the same examiner as the second time. After thirty minutes of ordeal, 40 hours of driving, many tears and 3000 euros spent... I got the long awaited card. And don't worry, I never had an accident since.

Let me understand. It's the examiner's fault you didn't brake and the next examiner's fault that you turned the wrong way up a one way road. Okay Laughing
Admin
Admin
Admin

Lacombe Pauline likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Nov 30, 2021 9:29 am

Léonie wrote:
The story I am about to tell you happened when I was in the second year of high school. I had an oral presentation in History & Geography class. I do not remember the precise subject, but I know it was especially about History and not Geography. It was not a presentation by group. I was presenting in solo my subject, like everyone in the class. This History & Geography’s class happened during the morning. As I do not like to take a breakfast when I woke up, I had not eaten before the class. My last meal was the previous day, the evening meal. I am also stressed when I have to pass an exam in general, but even more when it is an oral exam. So, with the stress of the presentation and the fact that by stomach was completely empty, I suddenly collapsed, in front of everyone, when I was doing my presentation. I remembered my head hitting the floor, it is not a pleasant feeling. This happened 5 years ago so I do not recall all the details after that event, but I know that in the end, my grade was 16 out of 20, as I managed to continue the presentation later. What is funny about it, is that the same thing happened 2 years later, with exactly the same circumstances! This time, I was in L1 LLCE English at the University of Poitiers. It was during the English Oral Expression class. I fainted a few seconds in front of everyone during my oral presentation. I remember my English teacher for this class, who was an American barely younger than us, in panic because she never had ever faced a situation like this one. One of my friends, who knew that I had not eaten before the presentation just stood up and came to me with her chocolate bar, saying to me “Listen to me when I tell you to eat in the morning!”. So thoughtful of her. Now, if I have an oral presentation in the morning, I know I have to eat at least something before.

Now I'm worried for Wednesday.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Nov 30, 2021 9:30 am

marie fourgnaud wrote:I’ve thought long and hard, and I don’t have any bad experiences that have traumatized me. I just have little experiences in mind where I was ashamed and I’m laughing now.
For example, falls in the college hallways because I had new boots with a few heels and I didn’t know how to walk with them or a door I couldn’t open because I was shooting instead of pushing...  I have other stories that for me are bad experiences but I just didn’t realize how hard things were. I’m talking about museums in Normandy about the war on the landing beaches that I failed to visit in full because seeing the images and personal belongings of the soldiers who died under our feet was too hard for me especially visiting batteries with audio guides that explained that in the room where we are, soldiers died...
Luckily for me I have not lived yet (I touch wood while I write) no bad experience just from life situations that everyone can live like have injuries and end up in the emergency room waiting long for doctors or falls without consequences...

So life is going to get worse. Much worse ! Razz
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucas Lesade Tue Nov 30, 2021 9:41 am

meh, I had bit too much bad experience but I remember one pretty well that is pretty funny right now, but clearly the moment I lived it. I was probably 16 or 17 years old, I had a girlfriend that was living in another city than mine, it was kinda far away from mine. That time I had to rented a guest room for the week to see her, I was on the road to go back to that guest room around midnight, on foot, it was really dark, and I'm extremely bad at finding my way, like, really really bad. So obviously I was lost really early after going out of the bus, and I couldn't find the building. I stayed, 3 hours, outside, at night. I was stressed as hell, I am already an extremely stressed person, so it was really really bad, I had people screaming at me, calling at me, even running at me, I thought it was really a nightmare. I finally find my way after 3 hours, the good path was just close to the bus area. Conclusion : I'm really dumb at finding my way.
Lucas Lesade
Lucas Lesade

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Nov 30, 2021 9:48 am

Lucas Lesade wrote:meh, I had bit too much bad experience but I remember one pretty well that is pretty funny right now, but clearly the moment I lived it. I was probably 16 or 17 years old, I had a girlfriend that was living in another city than mine, it was kinda far away from mine. That time I had to rented a guest room for the week to see her, I was on the road to go back to that guest room around midnight, on foot, it was really dark, and I'm extremely bad at finding my way, like, really really bad. So obviously I was lost really early after going out of the bus, and I couldn't find the building. I stayed, 3 hours, outside, at night. I was stressed as hell, I am already an extremely stressed person, so it was really really bad, I had people screaming at me, calling at me, even running at me, I thought it was really a nightmare. I finally find my way after 3 hours, the good path was just close to the bus area. Conclusion : I'm really dumb at finding my way.

Thankfully there's an app for that now!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucas Lesade Tue Nov 30, 2021 9:49 am

Admin wrote:
Lucas Lesade wrote:meh, I had bit too much bad experience but I remember one pretty well that is pretty funny right now, but clearly the moment I lived it. I was probably 16 or 17 years old, I had a girlfriend that was living in another city than mine, it was kinda far away from mine. That time I had to rented a guest room for the week to see her, I was on the road to go back to that guest room around midnight, on foot, it was really dark, and I'm extremely bad at finding my way, like, really really bad. So obviously I was lost really early after going out of the bus, and I couldn't find the building. I stayed, 3 hours, outside, at night. I was stressed as hell, I am already an extremely stressed person, so it was really really bad, I had people screaming at me, calling at me, even running at me, I thought it was really a nightmare. I finally find my way after 3 hours, the good path was just close to the bus area. Conclusion : I'm really dumb at finding my way.

My phone was out of battery and no one would give me their phone, or had a phone ! I did the best I was able to do
Lucas Lesade
Lucas Lesade

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Nov 30, 2021 9:53 am

Lucas Lesade wrote:
Admin wrote:

My phone was out of battery and no one would give me their phone, or had a phone ! I did the best I was able to do

Fail! Very Happy

When I was young I used to deliberately go to areas of the city I didn't know and then try to find my way out of them without using a map (this was before the days of mobile phones). Whilst doing my A levels I'd often skip school (particularly Chemistry) and go to the worst area of the city - drugs, crime and prostitution - and try to find my way out. It was kind of fun.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Lucas Lesade likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason MASSIMINO Tue Nov 30, 2021 10:19 am

When I think about bas experiences, the first things that comes in my mind are job experiences.
I feel like I had so many bad experiences at work that I can't even remember everything. But I still have one or two in mind, let me tell you some.
Last summer, when I came back from my Erasmus, I immediately returned to my old student job I used to work at before leaving in Hungary. I was selling ice scream a Amorino lol. I've never liked working there, and the main reason was because of the customer relationship. I've always hated being in contact with customers, there are rarely smart and nice, most of the time they're just acting dumb and mean. I have the perfect exemple :
I was doing a evening shift from 6pm to 1am. I was surrounded by 3 co-workers and there were many customers waiting to get there ice creams.
We were serving a group of four people, two couples in their forties. We were in a bit of a hurry because there was a queue and we had to make the waiting as fluid as possible so that the customers didn't wait too long. When we arrived at the group of 4 people, one of my colleagues called one of the men so that he could tell her his order and she could make him his ice cream. He started to complain because according to him, we were going too fast and he didn't have the time to make his choice quietly (I should point out that he had already been waiting for at least 5 minutes in front of the window and that he had plenty of time to make his choice). At the beginning, we thought he was joking, so we took these remarks as a joke. However, he was not joking and started to raise his voice by being more and more unpleasant with my colleague who was however very friendly with him. I then intervened because he was becoming less and less correct and my patience has its limits. From that moment on, the gentleman started to go crazy saying that we were stressing him out, that he had been coming three times and that each time he was badly received (who asked you to come back each time if the experience didn't suit you???) The other customers waiting in the back witnessed the scene and started to defend us saying that we were very friendly and that his reaction didn't make sense. This made him even more angry, he became even crazier and wanted to fight with the customers ???? his wife, who was ashamed of him, tried to catch him so that he would stop and get out. As he had paid for his ice cream I decided to do it in a hurry and kick him out of the shop in order to find peace in the shop. This event was very funny for us because the situation didn't make sense and I laughed a lot afterwards.
That was the story of how the Amorino shop almost became a general fighting ring lol

Jason MASSIMINO

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelly Rajaona Tue Nov 30, 2021 3:13 pm

Nice pic bro
Kelly Rajaona
Kelly Rajaona

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucas Lesade Tue Nov 30, 2021 3:36 pm

Kelly Rajaona wrote:

Nice pic bro
Thanks bro
Lucas Lesade
Lucas Lesade

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Imane ZEKHNINI Tue Nov 30, 2021 4:33 pm

I've had many bad experiences that were very traumatising and I think that they are way too dark to be shared. So I won't talk about them.
But the thing that I love, is that I'm either enjoying my life or living 5 bad experiences at a time. I pay God to give me a break but He never listens discussion topic Group 2 Bad experience 1f602
Anyway, last week I had 2 bad experiences (maybe more, we will see if I remember).
I wanted to check if I received my order because I've been waiting for more than 2 weeks, and when I was on my way.. I fell down the stairs... it was the last thing I needed at that moment because just 2 days before I was informed that my flight to Morocco got canceled and I won't be able to see my parents during the holidays. I was so excited to see my family and friends but I can't anymore because people refuse to wear their masks.
Once, I went to do grocery shopping and ended up being followed by a man, he even got in the same bus as me and followed me til i arrived to the building where I live and had to tell security about it, it was scary as hell.
I remember, when I was a kid I drowned in the pool and my dad saved me, I really thought that I was dying and it was my last moment on earth discussion topic Group 2 Bad experience 1f602 and I felt like the main character because everyone was asking me if I'm okay.
I also remember once I was trashtalking a classmate and she heard everything discussion topic Group 2 Bad experience 1f602 it wasn't that bad of an experience though because I didn't care that much.
I would like to add that last year I had a lot of bad experiences with LaPoste, I swear they made me so angry I screamed at the lady on the phone, even tho she didn't do anything. The thing is whenever I order something I PAY for the delivery fees so that I won't have to leave my house and go get the package. But, joke's on me! La Poste doesn't like to make efforts so they drop a letter in my mailbox saying that I have to go at a certain place and get my package... they did it 3 times and I JUST COULDN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE. (sorry thinking about it still makes me mad) Let's not even talk about how rude they are, if I had to rate their customer service it would be -5/10, not even a 0. Last time I was there a woman at the reception insulted me in Arabic thinking that I was french, so I answered her back in Arabic and she was shook.
And SFR too, they scammed me and took money from my bank acc, and everytime I called them to get my money back they lied to me, it took me 4 months for me to get my money back.
These experiences are actually funny and not that bad, because I'm leaving the very dark ones for my therapist Laughing
To be honest, even college is a bad experience, I cannot wait to be done with it and start my career or just take a break and spend 2 months napping in bed without worrying about anything.
When I rant to someone they tell me that we always have to be thankful, because it might get worse at any moment, but I think it's unfair and that we should be free to hate things and rant about them as much as we want.
Imane ZEKHNINI
Imane ZEKHNINI

Admin and Hanae Khallouk Temsamani like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next