UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Semester 2 Week 5

+9
Opale
Ilona Brugiere
Albane de Braqu
Besnier Alycia
Idier Sarah
GaiaBenoist
Paul Piekarski
MARECHAL Mathilde
Admin
13 posters

Go down

Semester 2 Week 5 Empty Semester 2 Week 5

Post by Admin Mon Feb 07, 2022 12:55 pm

Marriage. What do you think about it? Is it an outdated idea? Is it a goal? Is it a lie? What about the cost/expense? Same sex marriages? Divorce? You can go wherever you want with the discussion.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Semester 2 Week 5 Empty Re: Semester 2 Week 5

Post by MARECHAL Mathilde Mon Feb 07, 2022 6:10 pm

For now, I'm not thinking about marriage yet. This is a decision to be made together and not to be taken lightly. My parents are not married but that does not prevent them from loving each other anyway. In some countries, women don’t choose their future husband and even marry when they come of age. It's a different culture to ours. In any case, this event exists in most countries. For my part, I love attending weddings because we party, we eat very well and it brings the family together, too bad it doesn't happen more often...

MARECHAL Mathilde

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Piekarski Tue Feb 08, 2022 3:03 pm

Is the question of marriage still relevant?
I'm neither against nor for, I remember the weddings I've experienced, it's always a great party full of joy. But is it really useful nowadays, and it is quite expensive. More and more couples are divorcing and this also adds a high cost.
I don't know if I'll get married, I'm still young.
And for gay marriage, I'm not against it if it makes them happy, so much the better.

Paul Piekarski

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by GaiaBenoist Mon Feb 14, 2022 3:17 pm

For some people marriage is very symbolic but personally I don't think it's necessary for a couple to get married. Marriage is expensive, requires a large organization and then in our time more and more people are divorcing so why get married? on the other hand I agree to say that a wedding is nice, it is a festive moment which brings together all the entourage of the bride and groom.
About same-sex marriages, I think the question should not arise. Two people, be it a man and a woman, two men or two women are free to do what they want.

GaiaBenoist

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Idier Sarah Tue Feb 15, 2022 10:27 am

Personally, I want to get married. For me it's not necessarily symbolic, for example for my wedding I don't think I go to church but I think it's a way to celebrate love.
In September my sister got married, there were lots of flowers, lots of food and above all lots of smiles. That's what I like about marriages, everyone is happy.
My sister is married on a small budget it was a simple wedding but even with a small budget it's expensive and not everyone can afford this privilege.
Regarding homosexual marriage of course I am for ! Two people who love each other have the right to marry regardless of their gender.

Idier Sarah

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Besnier Alycia Fri Feb 18, 2022 1:39 pm

I am not against marriage but I am not sure I will ever get married. My parents are not married and don't want to, all their married friends ended up divorced in the back. It costs money and requires a lot of organization and stress. It is however a very beautiful day and it is the union of two people who love each other

Besnier Alycia

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Albane de Braqu Fri Feb 18, 2022 3:05 pm

I’m not for marriage, and I’m not against it. Although in my family this is a very important thing, the only people per bride in my family is because they are single. So I think I’ll get married, because I grew up in a rather strict family on this subject, the theme of marriage is part of my education, which probably influenced my opinion.
However, you have to pay attention to the person you want to marry because marriage is a religious sacrament, divorce is not very well seen by the elderly in my family. In addition, for us, wedding celebrations are real parties, which allow us to gather and share good time together. I have a large family, a lot of cousins, which allows us to meet almost every year to celebrate the marriage of one of them.

Albane de Braqu

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Ilona Brugiere Sun Feb 20, 2022 10:48 pm

I am for marriage but I will not force anyone to do so if they are against it. For me, it's a day that we don't forget and that marks our lives. Like that of becoming a mother, even if it is not comparable. It's not a life goal but I would like to get married one day. It's a cost in the budget, it's not something you could do every day I think. Today it is possible to marry 2 men or 2 women, and I find that very good. Nobody is destined to be a so-called "normal" couple because that's what makes the normality of a couple: a woman and a man.
Nevertheless, we see more and more divorce... which is very sad for my taste. More and more people place much less importance on this act: marriage.

Ilona Brugiere

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Opale Tue Feb 22, 2022 8:51 pm

I think marriage is really something beautiful. For me it's not an outdated idea. It is true that it was something very important once and I have the impression that it is a little less so now. But everyone does what they want because before that wasn't necessarily the case either. It's not necessarily one of my goals but it's still true that I would like to get married one day. I think it's great, the atmosphere, partying, being with all your family and friends. It's not a lie but it's true that now lots of people are getting divorced. Especially when it's been a very long time I feel. For example 20 years, it's still weird to get married and divorce 20 years later. On the other hand, I find homosexual marriage really good. Why wouldn't they have the right. They have the right like everyone else.

Opale

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Semester 2 Week 5 Empty Semester 2 Week 5

Post by Nina Rodriguez Sun Feb 27, 2022 9:16 pm

Personally, I'd like to get married later on, but not like in the disneys because it's just too many logistics and it's way too expensive. In the town hall and in a small committee is enough for me, there is no need to do anything extreme. The simpler the better. Some people are against it and I respect that choice because marriage is basically a religious thing. However, there has been a very big progress because now it is possible to get married between same sex.

Nina Rodriguez

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Ninon Ragot Sun Feb 27, 2022 10:24 pm

Getting married is an outdated idea. Young people today no longer want to get married. This is no longer the primary objective to be achieved. He thinks that divorce is too expensive. In addition, now we can get together and give financial advantages. I don't think I'll get married later, I should already find my favorite human...

Ninon Ragot

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Julia Mon Feb 28, 2022 9:45 am

Marriage is something important to me and it should not be taken lightly. Too many people marry to finally divorce a few years later. A marriage must represent the eternal love between two beings. I hope to be able to marry one day with the person I love. And that all the people I love are present.

Julia

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Corentin Chotard Sun Mar 27, 2022 10:13 pm

For me marriage is something important. It is one of the most beautiful events that happens in our life. It is a tradition that has a lot of importance for me. It is an extraordinary event with all the people we love with us. No matter the price, it is a once in a lifetime thing (normally), so you have to live it to the fullest to have a maximum of memories in your mind. Many people have different opinions on the subject, but I think that the wedding is something to live absolutely. Besides, it's a beautiful proof of love, isn't it?

Corentin Chotard

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down