UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Semester 2 Week 4

+16
Axel POUZAUD
Paul Gradinac
Mat Poujade
Lou-Ann
CHAGNEAUD Rémi
Sylvain_Mansier
LASTERE Romane
Idier Sarah
GaiaBenoist
Marine Corbasson
Marina Sedrue
Peplaw Eva
Laurine BUREAU
Laura28
FORESTIER TOM
Admin
20 posters

Go down

Semester 2 Week 4 Empty Semester 2 Week 4

Post by Admin Tue Feb 02, 2021 3:32 pm

Your choice of subject this week: "Your experience of Cheating" or "A quote that is important to you and why"
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Semester 2 Week 4 Empty Re: Semester 2 Week 4

Post by FORESTIER TOM Tue Feb 02, 2021 5:57 pm

I have no experience in cheating because I have never cheated at school, in sports or other categories but I have already had friends who cheated at school. It seems to me that it was in high school and we had a work to do in french which was to invent a poem on a specific theme and one of my friends had decided to find a poem on internet and he have give this poem as his work but our french teacher realized that my friend had cheated so he was convened by the headmistress of the high school with his parents and after a long discussion he had to do a letter of apology and then our french teacher decided to put that my friend had cheated in his school report. Moreover, in sport I have never cheated but I have already had anti-doping controls during competition and sometimes some competitors are tested positive and they have been suspended for several years of competition. But I have already cheated during a board game with my parents to win but I have lost because my parents found that I had cheated. Very Happy

FORESTIER TOM

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Laura28 Wed Feb 03, 2021 5:44 pm

The quote I hold most dear is "never give up". It's a pretty common quote but for me it means a lot. In fact, in difficult times, the people who hold me most dear to my heart and more particularly my family, kept telling me that we should never give up, even if the obstacle in front of us is difficult. During a tennis match, I keep repeating this sentence to myself because if the match is not over everything can change. This sentence touches me a lot and it helps me a lot. In life you should never give up, you should always fight. For that my father gave me a few years ago a bracelet with this quote engraved on it.

Laura28

Back to top Go down

Post by Laurine BUREAU Thu Feb 04, 2021 6:44 pm

I never cheated at school, because I find it pathetic and disrespectful. But I saw lots of students who cheated... Sometimes in an original way. But it was so disgusting to see that they had the same marks in cheating as those who worked hard. It always got me angry. And there is my brother, who loves cheating... Everywhere for everything. I yell at him every time, but nothing changes, he loves it. Sometimes it's funny, when we're playing together with my parents at the board game "Monopoly". When he was younger, he took directly money bills in the Bank, and waited that we noticed it. And we were surprised he wins every time... So funny, but hopeless

Laurine BUREAU

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Peplaw Eva Fri Feb 05, 2021 2:26 pm

Personally, I have never cheated, whether at school, for sport or otherwise. But I have friends who already do it in high school assessments. In ancient Greek we had word translation evaluations and I must say that it was not very exciting and that it did not help much. So some of my classmates cheated by doing the assessment in advance and they pretend to do it in class. And it was not useful for them to do that because for the bac test it was not useful to them.

Peplaw Eva

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Marina Sedrue Sat Feb 06, 2021 11:17 am

I'm not going to say like everyone else that I never cheated, because that wouldn't be true. Once,
I once cheated on an UNSS test about triathlon. I explain, it was at a competition UNSS of triathlon, I was the referee of the team, but I didn't knwo the rules of triathlon. I passed the test with a friend who did triathlon. Before the meeting, I asked to the professor if I need to know something about triathlon, and she said to me "No, it's okay, don't worry". But I have a TEST, and she didn't tell me this. So during the test I have beside of my friend, and for 80% of the questions I looked on her copy. Finally we finished the test, we do the competition. And at the end, we have a classement of the referee which was announced by a man, this classement was done based on the test results (one more thing I didn't know). The first referee will have the right to go to referee at the national level. We listened to the man, he said first the departmental referees, then regional, I still had not been called, but my friend was. And then he goes to nationals, I thought I had not validated the test, until I heard my name as national referee. I was so embarrassed that I invented an excuse not to go to the French championships and let my friend go.
Since this day, I no longer cheated.

Marina Sedrue

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Marine Corbasson Sat Feb 06, 2021 1:36 pm

I have a very bad experience of cheating I was in class ends, it was in geography class you had to learn a map by heart and unfortunately I really did not want to learn it, the days of control I cheat and of course I am stressed to cheat and therefore the teacher understands that I am cheating and then the worst day of my life arrives I am punished with 2 hours of glue and a 0 but I am very good at history so I managed to catch up with the 0 and for the hours of glue there was the covid so I'm very happy aha

Marine Corbasson

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by GaiaBenoist Sat Feb 06, 2021 5:26 pm

For this week, I have chosen to talk about a quote that is important to me : "become the best version of yourself". This sentence pushes me to surpass myself and give the best of myself. She is very motivating. I think it is important not to rely on these achievements and to step out of your comfort zone. Some people may think that the current version of us is no improvement because, she is already beautiful as she is. But I think there are still something to improve at us. Also, becoming the best version of yourself does not mean becoming perfect, because there is no perfection, just better.

GaiaBenoist

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Semester 2 Week 4 Empty Courage and dedication

Post by Idier Sarah Sat Feb 06, 2021 10:02 pm

I don't have experience in cheating so I will talk about a quote that is important for me.
I have been formatted to follow the motto Courage and Dedication.
It's very important for me.
One day I had to descend 25 meters into a well to save a cat.
And I'm terrified of spiders so all along the descent I repeated to myself courage courage courage.
When we go to the fire that's also what we say to ourselves.
Even when we take an ambulance we say that because we never know what we are going to see.
As for dedication, I am devoted to the population otherwise I will not get up at 5 am when I am beeped.
Attention I love what I do but sometimes I also love to sleep.

Idier Sarah

Back to top Go down

Post by LASTERE Romane Sun Feb 07, 2021 6:02 pm

Sooo I will not lie, I have cheated sometimes but only at school. First I never cheated at elementary or secondary school, but I started to cheat on the 11th grade in 3 different subjects : German, Physic and Maths. In German class I was cheating because I was very very bad for the written expression and and it didn't help me to have more vocabulary. And then in Physic an Maths class I was cheating thanks to my calculator, I wrote the formulas and definitions in, and it took me a long long time to write letter by letter. Finally I got my degrees !! For me what is important is not to cheat in sport and whit my family or friends, trust is more important than anything.

LASTERE Romane

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sylvain_Mansier Sun Feb 07, 2021 7:21 pm

I chose to tell you about a quote from Pythagoras: "A man is never so tall as when he is on his knees to help a child." because I think it's true. A lot of people think that to be a great man is to be someone famous or someone who has made a big change in their country or in the world. But, in my opinion, a great man is someone who helps others without wanting anything in return. Someone who don't fear to help people regardless of their "social class" (I don't like that term... but I can't find another to express what I think). And even more someone who would help a child, because a child has a whole life ahead of him and if someone is willing to devote some of his time to him when he needs it, then maybe as he grows up, he will keep this moment in mind and choose to devote some of his time to others. Moreover, the child is the future of man and we have to help him to go higher than us. In fine craftsmanship, it is believed that an accomplished craftsman has spent his entire life learning what he knows while his apprentice will have as much know-how halfway through his life and after he will only make progress. And so on… Thus, everyone participates in our evolution. I think that's a good way to see life…

Sylvain_Mansier

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by CHAGNEAUD Rémi Mon Feb 08, 2021 10:05 pm

my favorite quote comes from basketball player michael jordan and it is this quote: "i have missed over 9000 shots in my career. i have lost almost 300 games. 26 times i have been trusted to take the winning and missed shot. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that's why I succeed. "I find this quote especially true and share the same dynamic of mind as this quote. I think that even if we fail and even if failures hurt, we CANNOT succeed without having failed because even if in our society failure has a negative connotation, I think it is the greatest source of learning that it is. Of course, for everyone and even more a sportsman because he is confronted with it very often, a failure can hurt, but what will make us different from another is to manage to pull the positive of a failure and to learn from it.

CHAGNEAUD Rémi

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Lou-Ann Tue Feb 09, 2021 12:02 am

For me an important quote is "I never lose, either I win, or I learn" from Nelson Mandela, already Mandela is a great man and I admire him. I think that is a good summary of life. In school, you don’t really learn how to manage your life, deal with problems, manage your emotions ...ect I really like this quote, but I don’t really respect it, I mean, when things happen to us in life, we have a hard time saying this quote to each other, or in the world of sports when we lose we are directly disappointed and we have a hard time overcoming that, we don’t tell ourselves directly that we can just learn from our mistakes.You have to listen to Nelson!

Lou-Ann

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Semester 2 Week 4 Empty I'm not a cheater

Post by Mat Poujade Tue Feb 09, 2021 1:02 am

So to begin, I can say unfortunately that I didn't ever cheat I sport or in school or maybe I just want to be discret unlike Marina ^^
So I just want to speak today on my subject that I proposed in class, a quote that Marke me in my life. "Do your life like a dream, and help this dream to became reality" from Saint exupery. It's a quote very importante to me because I realize that the actuel young generation dream a lot but do nothing to succeed their dreams. And for me, I really want that my life became a dream, a beautiful dream with all in, love, friendship or even family but for that, I need to change this dreams in reality. The only way to do this it's to change your mindset to live a dream. I've already began in my life on several points but apparently it was not enough to really see my dream come true!

To conclude, it's a quote that marks me because our life it was not a dream, it was several painful problems, and to change that you have just to change your mindset to be free in a real world with a little bit of dreaming!!

Mat Poujade

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Gradinac Tue Feb 09, 2021 10:29 am

For my important quote it made by Michael Jordan "If you quit once it becomes a habit. Never quit!". This quote drive me in my life to never give up whatever what's happening go in end of things. It's really important because if you don't make that you go nowhere. And about the cheating yes sadly I already cheat in school not in sport but yes at school like a college i already cheat yes.. I know it's bad but when you are young you made some mistakes.

Paul Gradinac

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Semester 2 Week 4 Empty Cheating...

Post by Axel POUZAUD Tue Mar 02, 2021 8:14 pm

I choice “cheating” this week. Personly it’s really important to speak about that.

There are many possibilities and situations to cheat. You can cheat with your family, your friends, your job, your school,… And you can cheat in a game, in class, in house,...

To return in the subjets, I have just one experience in cheating. It’s in 4th grade student, and I don’t remember what I do but I remember I really hate this teacher. I have lied to having more points in a mark. He recieved my parents to explain why I lie and why I don’t work!!! At the end I got dumped by my parents because they don’t understood why I lie to got more points. confused
And since this cheat I have never cheat again I certainly I don't cheat again in my life! Because when you succeed something it's so proud and so rewarding for you! cheers

Axel POUZAUD

Back to top Go down

Post by vkermorv Thu Mar 04, 2021 5:29 pm

For this week I wanted to take the quote that I prefer because I think it suits me well, it's a quote from Nelson Mandela who say "I never lose. Either I win, or learn"
Since I play football this quote is very important because you don't always win in life but defeat is a way to learn and to come back stronger each time.

vkermorv

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Fany Parlange Sat Mar 06, 2021 11:58 am

I believe that I never cheat in school or in any other field. I tried but I was always afraid of getting caught so I made some cheat sheets at school but I never used them. In addition the punishments are severe. You just have to learn your lessons, otherwise the grades don't reflect the person's abilities, already that doesn't reflect much ... and when it is not possible to cheat then the person is going to be in a very, very bad position to be polite. In sport there should be no cheating, it is anti gambling.

Fany Parlange

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Corentin Chotard Tue Mar 09, 2021 6:34 pm

I want to be honest with you... I already cheated in high school. On the other hand, I only cheated in high school, never in college. I just cheated for controls, never for sports or anything. I was a good cheater, I never got fooled! But sometimes that was very hot to cheat. I cheated in Spanish, math, and physics-chemistry (it was really difficult subject at the same time...), and maybe sometimes in history too I admit. I don't regret it, it was funny and when I did that it, got me adrenaline rush. I'm sorry to the teachers I tricked and thanks to them for the good marks!! Now I won't cheat anymore, I was young and I don't think too much about the rest. But now I am against cheating, at least in universities and sports.

Corentin Chotard

Back to top Go down

Post by SCHINDLER Woumi Sat Mar 20, 2021 8:57 pm

Im not like everyone above who tells you they never cheated , i have already cheat only in school and not only once! Because good marks it's something important, we doon't ask your opinion, you have to work to get goods marks that all and it's something which doesn't agree with my charactere. The french school systeme is to roogh, for my part , i don't understand why but my brain doesn't work at 8 am, it's not evil will, swear that i have tried several to start and it does not work. I say that all my class hours which took place at 8 am were strictly useless. I think it's in Germany, they finish the lessons at 12 pm they have the possibility to do what they want afterwards and they are all as efficient as the French. We can notbe surprised that there is so much cheating if you don't wonder why. I think i have too much to say about it so i'm going to stop there. Semester 2 Week 4 1f605

SCHINDLER Woumi

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down