UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

second subject

+6
selma
MaSerre
salomevanhulle
Laura Mondamert
julia durand
Admin
10 posters

Go down

second subject Empty second subject

Post by Admin Fri Jan 27, 2023 3:23 pm

What TV series do you recommend with a few words about them.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

second subject Empty I'll be there for you (the music from Friends for those who don't have the reference)

Post by julia durand Sun Jan 29, 2023 12:36 pm

Hello,
I’ve watched a lot of TV series and it’s difficult to choose one to recommend… However, my comfort serie that I can recommend it’s Friends. It’s the perfect serie if you want to watch something fun and if you prefer shorts episodes. Every character of the friend’s group is unique and has its own personality that makes you laugh. The first one is Joey, he is a nice guy but not the smartest and has two passions: food and sex. The second one is Phoebe, she is a singer/masseuse and she is a bit weirdo, like she changed her name in “Princess Consuela banana hammock”. The third one is Ross, he is the scientist of the group and he his cursed in marriage (he has had 3 wives). The fourth is Monica and she is the sister of Ross. She is a good chef, cleaning freak and has some control issues. The fifth one is Rachel, she is a daddy girl who likes shopping and had to learn to work. (She thinks that Ross cheated on her but for him they were on a break… long story). Last but not least is Chandler (it’s his name, not the crêpe holiday), he is my favorite one. He makes sarcastic jokes and has a job that nobody understands. To conclude they are all very different but have the perfect friendship. I think I like this serie because it’s easy to watch and this is the kind of life I want with my friends.

julia durand

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

second subject Empty Re: second subject

Post by Laura Mondamert Mon Jan 30, 2023 1:27 pm

Hi everyone !

One of my favorite TV series is Lost. This is an American science fiction drama TV series created by Jeffrey Lieber, JJ Abrams and Damon Lindelof. For that show there is six seasons with a total of 121 episodes. This is an « old » TV series. It started in 2004 and was finished in 2010.

To resume the synopsis of Lost, a plane crashes on an uninhabited island. So, the surviving passengers of Oceanic Airlines Flight 815 have to survive. What I like in Lost, is that in each episode we discover their life on the island but also the flashback of the life of one of the characters before the plane crash.

Laura Mondamert

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by salomevanhulle Mon Jan 30, 2023 1:35 pm

I would like to introduce you to the series "Blacklist". You can enjoy it on Netflix.

This series is one of my favourites because the teasing got me in and the first episode was captivating.
To explain the story: Raymond Reddington the world's most wanted criminal goes to the CIA office to turn himself in. He explains that he has a lot of information but he wants to cooperate with the CIA on one condition: to talk to a specific profiler: Elizabeth Keen. But we don't know why!
Why would the most wanted criminal want to collaborate with the CIA?
He has in his possession a "black list", that is to say, a list of perilous criminals unknown to the CIA but known in Reddington's world.
I like this series which is not yet finished, thanks to the characters. They have their personalities, you get attached to them very quickly. They all bring a different perspective on our current society and Reddington's actions.
Even though Raymond Reddington is a criminal, we feel sympathy for him. He is charismatic, intelligent, protective, funny, and very articulate.
The personalities and roles of the actors reflect what goes on in our brains when we have to make decisions with significant consequences. Everyone has an ethical, self-centred, egotistical, self-interested vision... It is very enriching for the functioning of people and especially very entertaining!
I advise you to watch the first few episodes! Time flies with Backlist.

salomevanhulle

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

second subject Empty TV series

Post by MaSerre Mon Jan 30, 2023 9:10 pm

I'm going to write about a French serie (since the origin was not specified).
"Les combattantes" is a short serie about the life of several women during the First World War. It's true that movies/series about the First World War only show men on the front and in the trenches and this series highlights the role of women.

Then I saw that the topic of friends has already been covered because it's one of my favorite series.

So my second serie would be "Reign".
This serie follows the story of Mary Stuart who is the future queen of Scotland and she must unite France and Scotland through her marriage. We follow her adventures as a young queen and a young bride.

MaSerre

Back to top Go down

Post by selma Tue Jan 31, 2023 2:45 pm

Recently, I have been watching Junji Ito Maniac: Japanese Tales of the Macabre on Netflix. I started watching it when it came out (January 19th), and last Friday, I had the incredible opportunity to watch two episodes at the cinema with the author Junji Ito himself during the Comics Festival.

Maniac is a manga adaptation divided into 12 episodes, each with one or two different horror-themed stories. The two episodes I saw in the cinema were specially chosen by Junji Ito.

As the stories are very short, I will only say a few words about them (not to spoil you).

The first one was « Tomb Town », the author selected this one because he said that it is one of the best adaptations, it talks about Tsuyoshi and his sister that are on an unknown road blocked by a lot of tombstones, we discover this mystery throughout the episode.

The second one is composed of two different stories: « Whispering Woman » and « Soichi’s Beloved Pet ». The first story talks about a young girl unable to make any decisions. A mysterious woman was hired in order to help her, by whispering in her ear all the time, saying what she had to do. The end of the episode was unexpected. It gave me the creeps.  affraid

Finally, the last episode “Soichi’s Beloved Pet”, was chosen by Junji Ito for its funny side. Indeed it was late and he didn't want to leave us with a scary story. It was nice of him after the trauma of the first two stories. lol!

I am not a big fan of horror. Nevertheless, I highly recommend this series, even if the manga will always be better considering the quality of the drawings made by Ito.

selma

Back to top Go down

Post by cgadouas Tue Jan 31, 2023 6:10 pm

Hello,

To be honest I watched a lot of shows, hence I don’t have a favorite one but I have my classic ones.
For example, I really liked odd series when I was young, therefore I watched a lot of « Teen Wolf » or « Vampire Diaries »…
Then nowadays I really like shows about historical events so I recommend « Reign » which is a masterpiece, I also recently watched « Sissi: The Fateful Years if the Empress » which was really cool but I had in mind the films « Sissi l’impératrice » and the awesome Romy Schneider so I was kind of disappointed because it wasn't as good as it.

cgadouas

Back to top Go down

Post by Heitiare YIP Tue Jan 31, 2023 6:48 pm

The series I'm going to talk about today is "Manifest".
I discovered this series last summer and I really liked it because it has intrigue.
To summarize, the passengers of a flight return to the United States. When they arrive, they learn that they had been missing for more than five years. They don't understand because according to them, they were only one day late.
Since their return, strange phenomena occur.

The story makes us want to continue the episodes without stopping and we do not get tired of it.

I recommend it to you (even if I still haven't watched the last season).

Heitiare YIP

Back to top Go down

Post by EliseB Tue Jan 31, 2023 8:42 pm

Hi everyone,

The last show I’ve watched is called Atypical. You can watch it on netflix. I really liked it, it’s very conforting and it felt so real. I was crying after every episode, not because it was sad but because it made me feel some feelings i’m not used to feel.. like, it really moved me, and the caracters are so well written. You can see them evolve etc. The plot is about a teenager with autism, and you follow him through his life, but you also follow each member of his family through their life. I really like this show and I recommand it.

Oops I just remembered one amazing show I watched years ago, I think it was called Manhunt: unabomber, and it is anout the terrorist Unabomber, and about profilage. And it is also so well written, and very interesting to watch because you can see why Unabomber did these terrorist attacks through the flashbacks on his traumas and also tjrough the manifests he wrotes, which are very interesting. Also I cried about the end for many days, it is really moving. Then I told my parents to watch the show and they really liked it, so if you like psychology/profilage show you can watch it, it is very interesting.

Thank you for reading,
Bye bye!

EliseB

Back to top Go down

second subject Empty How I met your mother

Post by kinz Tue Jan 31, 2023 10:23 pm

Hi everyone!
"How I met your mother" is my favorite one. This is an American sitcom, created by Craig Thomas and Certer Bays for CBS. Ted, the main character, tells his children how he came to meet his wife, their mother. And the story is very long, which makes the wait unbearable, and it's very funny. it's also the story of a group of friends, and their personal and professional evolution, always in the second degree. 
Have a look!

Kinz

kinz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down