UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

First discussion topic: Travel

+15
Leo Bruand
Laura Croegaert
Camille Ayrault
Aleksandra Blaszczak
Lucas De Conti
DELAITE Carine
Pauline Avril
Viktor Beekman
Lauriane BELLOY
Maxime Calogine
Celia Butel
ANIL Yeliz
Fanny CLAVAUD
LAURINE BRUN
Admin
19 posters

Go down

First discussion topic: Travel Empty First discussion topic: Travel

Post by Admin Wed Sep 21, 2016 5:57 pm

This is where you should discuss travel. Where you've been or where you want to go; where you've hated or where you'd never want to go. Do you have any tips for other people travelling in France or any other country? What did you like most or least on your travels? Where you have felt safe or unsafe? Anything you want to say or discuss about travel - this is where you put it.

Over to you....
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

First discussion topic: Travel Empty Re: First discussion topic: Travel

Post by LAURINE BRUN Fri Sep 23, 2016 5:16 pm

Hi everybody !

In order to share with you my opinion about our topic which is Travel, I'm going to talk about my travel in the United Kingdom during a week in 2013.

It was an organized travel with my class when I was in high school. My host family had a house in Guildford where I slept with a friend.
During this week, we went in Windsor,London and Cambridge. We visited the royal castle of Windsor. The royal standard was flying when we were inside, which mean that the Queen resides in the castle at the same time.
In London, we visited the British Museum  and the National Gallery. I really enjoyed the Ancient Egypt exposition in the British Museum because when I was child, I was passionate by this period of History. farao
We took the subway to Camden town, the punk district of London. An other universes where we can go out of the social codes especially visiting the Cyberdog store.Totally crazy !
Going to London is ideal for shopaholics, there are lots of fashion stores...
Before our leaving, we ate fish ans chips in a London pub then we assisted at a show dance with Michael Jackson theme... Great memories !

Nowadays I would like going to Iceland, New Zealand and Scotland to see stunning landscapes !
LAURINE BRUN
LAURINE BRUN

Back to top Go down

Post by Fanny CLAVAUD Sat Sep 24, 2016 5:34 pm

Hello!
For this topic I'll write about my greatest and longest journey!
It was 3 years ago, I went for a mounth in USA with my littlebrother and my father, both didn't speak english so I had to do all the work. The only thing my father was able to say was "One coffe please" at Starbucks.
When I first arrived, it was in New York and I was so impressed! Buildings seem to be so tall in TV, mais when I was in the streets, it was even more bigger. Central Park is probably one of the most coolest city park in the world, isn't?
If I have to choose one moment in New York, it will be the first evening we spend there: we waited two hours to go on the top of the Empire State Building; with all these lights, it's beautiful!
After three days of visits, I went in a little town close to San Franscico to see my father's oncle and aunt; they are so cool, like old hippies! Actually, they met in Amsterdam. They live in a eithteen century's house, all made of wood (like in western movies). I loved to stay with them, they are so nice!
When my family and I were in California, my father rented a car so we traveled to Grand Canyon, there was lightning at the end of the first day we arrived. I tried to take pictures but it was too fast, I couldn't take anyone, sadly.
On our way to Grand Canyon, we stopped at the Sequoia National Park, in this park I saw the biggest Sequoia tree of the world (as they say). When I came back to San Franscico, I went in Los Angeles (but it was too quickly) and I went on many beaches between LA and SF.
This travel is one of my best memories of all time.

This winter, I hope I could visit Belgium, Holland, Germany, Austria, Czech Republic and Hungary! And maybe return in England for few days. Nothing sure for the moment but I'll try to travel because since I went in United States, I love that!

Fanny CLAVAUD

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Sep 24, 2016 6:40 pm

Sounds great. I know Miami but not the East coast at all.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ANIL Yeliz Mon Sep 26, 2016 3:45 pm

Hi my friends !!!!

Today, I want to talk about the advantages of traveling.

For me, traveling allows to discover a new country, a new culture and a new language which enrich us, allow to have an open mind and thus, improve our adaptability. It's also an opportunity to visit historic and modern monuments. Thanks to these discoveries, we can have a general idea of the country's history and culture.
Traveling is a good way to get away from the stress of every day life too.

So, not hesitate to travel !!!!!!
ANIL Yeliz
ANIL Yeliz

Back to top Go down

First discussion topic: Travel Empty My trip to Holland

Post by Celia Butel Mon Sep 26, 2016 4:43 pm

Hi everybody,

I would like to tell you about my trip to Holland in June this year. I visited this country with Viktor and because he is Dutch he was able to present me his country very well.

We have seen Rotterdam, Kinderdijk and Amsterdam. In Rotterdam I have met some of his friends and brother. We also took a watertaxi to a hotel on an island called Hotel New York and took something to drink there, then we visited the Euromast. This is the highest tower in the Netherlands.
After seeing Rotterdam we went to Kinderdijk, where we could see the famous and beautifull windmills of Holland. We could also enter the windmills and see the inside. We saw where the miller and his family lived for the past centuries. Some of the windmills are stil inhabited untill this day. Unfortunetly it was not the tulip season but we still saw some flowers at the flowermarket in Amsterdam. We also went to theVan Gogh and the Rijks Museum. They were very intersting, but the last on was to big to be visited in one day. Then we went to the Anne Frank House and wait one hour in line before we could enter ! But it was worth the wait, I have found it very touching to see where she and her family lived. After this emotional visit we went to the red light district and took something to drink in one of the many bars.

Finally, I think that Amsterdam is the most beautifull city that I have seen in Holland. Its alot more beautifull than the concrete buildings in Rotterdam. There are so many canals in Amsterdam and the bulding are very beautifull and charming.
I really enjoyed my trip to the Netherlands and I recommend everyone to travel there!

Hugs and kisses,

Celia Butel

Celia Butel
Celia Butel

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Sep 26, 2016 4:55 pm

Celia Butel wrote:Hi everybody,

I would like to tell you about my trip to Holland in June this year. I visited this country with Viktor and because he is Dutch he was able to present me his country very well.

We have seen Rotterdam, Kinderdijk and Amsterdam. In Rotterdam I have met some of his friends and brother. We also took a watertaxi to a hotel on an island called Hotel New York and took something to drink there, then we visited the Euromast. This is the highest tower in the Netherlands.
After seeing Rotterdam we went to Kinderdijk, where we could see the famous and beautifull windmills of Holland. We could also enter the windmills and see the inside. We saw where the miller and his family lived for the past centuries. Some of the windmills are stil inhabited untill this day. Unfortunetly it was not the tulip season but we still saw some flowers at the flowermarket in Amsterdam. We also went to theVan Gogh and the Rijks Museum. They were very intersting, but the last on was to big to be visited in one day. Then we went to the Anne Frank House and wait one hour in line before we could enter ! But it was worth the wait, I have found it very touching to see where she and her family lived. After this emotional visit we went to the red light district and took something to drink in one of the many bars.

Finally, I think that Amsterdam is the most beautifull city that I have seen in Holland. Its alot more beautifull than the concrete buildings in Rotterdam. There are so many canals in Amsterdam and the bulding are very beautifull and charming.
I really enjoyed my trip to the Netherlands and I recommend everyone to travel there!

Hugs and kisses,

Celia Butel

How long did you have to wait in line in the red light district? (notice I didn't ask how long the queue was Wink )
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Celia Butel Mon Sep 26, 2016 5:00 pm

Admin wrote:
Celia Butel wrote:Hi everybody,

Hugs and kisses,

Celia Butel

How long did you have to wait in line in the red light district? (notice I didn't ask how long the queue was Wink )

There was no queue in the red light district, but alot of prostitutes! Laughing
Celia Butel
Celia Butel

Back to top Go down

Post by Maxime Calogine Mon Sep 26, 2016 5:03 pm

Hello economists,

For this topic, I share with you my most beautiful journey's experience. Thanks to my father's origins, I had the opportunity to visit several times the Reunion Island.

It was 4 years ago. I went around one mounth in this island with all my family.

In July 2014, we arrived at the main airport of Reunion. The temperature bordered on the 30°C. My grandparents welcomed and drove us at their home, to Saint-Gilles. Our first reflex, even before tidying up our suitcases, was to go on the better beach of the island; L'Hermitage. It's the ideal place to take a beautiful nap and to relax after a long flight. Moreover, if you never practise diving, it's now or never. Corals, multicolored fishes, a few marines tortoises...

During this exotic stay, we made some hikes. Among them, the "Piton of Fournaise". To come face to face into a volcano it's one of my most beautiful recollections. There is also the "Cirque of Mafate". To contemplate the sun which got up since the "Piton des neiges" (the high point of this island with 3070 meters) was an unfergottable moment. The panorama was amazing ! A soft impression to be at the end of the world engulf us. However the ascent was extremely difficult.

Then, every saturday, we visited the flowers marketplace, spices and fabrics, a pleasant area. The scents tickled our nostrils and give the desire to taste local foods specialities like "samoussas", "bonbons piments" and numerous natural fruits juices. It's also the perfect place to buy a traditional souvenir.

Finally, in my opinion, this island kept its values and traditions. Indeed, the colored creole houses confer him a lot of charm. Moreover, I was able to be present at a religious ceremony of Tamils (the Reunion's inhabitants native of India). Their rite consits in walking on embers of 800°C. This performance attracts many tourists.

To conclude about my travel, Reunion is an exceptional island. Her ocean and her plant life will delight you. Everybody marveled this luxuriant nature as well as the variety of tropical plants. In addition, the sun smiles every morning, and really, there are a great deal of things to do. For me, this French department is the proof that the paradise exists in our Earth.

In the near future, I would like going to Iceland. This small country knew a tremendous success during the UEFA EURO 2016 in France. I'm a true football lover, and honestly, I enjoyed their fans, culture, etc. So, why not .......
Maxime Calogine
Maxime Calogine

Back to top Go down

Post by Lauriane BELLOY Mon Sep 26, 2016 5:09 pm

Hello everybody !

I think visiting other countries is very interesting because we can discover new cultures, new people as well as new food and language but we can also travel in our country because there are so many things to discover that traveling to another country, indeed from one region to another, culture may be different. The way of living or speaking may also vary and historic heritage is often different.
Travel in our own country is interesting to understand the diversity of the country where we live.
But travel in general is something very rewarding !

Lauriane BELLOY

Back to top Go down

First discussion topic: Travel Empty Adventure in Greece

Post by Viktor Beekman Mon Sep 26, 2016 5:28 pm

Hello friends and teacher,

In this post i will talk about my travel to Greece. Last summer i went with my parents and girlfriend to Corfu for two weeks. One week we went and explored the island by car and one day by quad (when we took the quads we were able to explore places that were difficult to reach by car). We visited old monastries and beautifull beaches all around the coast. The most beautifull place on the island was Paleokastritsa, an old village with two beautifull bays right next to eachother. There were alot of other tourists there however. The landscape was great and so was the weather. I also loved the food there, for example moussaka or gyros.

The second week we rented a sailboat so we could see the different ports around corfu. My parents love sailing so we were in good hands. Unfortunately we didn't see any dolphins up close, but we did see them hunting in a distance. we also met a seaturtle who was sunbathing in between the island and the mainland, that was pretty exciting for us. The boat had a lot less comfort then the Hotel and sometimes during the night it could be difficult to fall asleep because of the sea, temperature and mosquitos.

All together it was a great vacation with alot of sun, sea and sex. Razz Just kidding of course!

Take care,

Viktor Beekman

Viktor Beekman
Viktor Beekman

Back to top Go down

Post by Pauline Avril Mon Sep 26, 2016 10:53 pm

Good evening night friends,

First thing it come to my mind when I read the word "travel", is my previous Erasmus. Indeed last semester I did an Erasmus stay in Italy, more precisely in Pavia (small city near Milan).

It's a little complicate to resume 5 months like that in one post, but no choice I will try. So I will choose one aspect of my travel : People and exposure.  

The best thing in this kind of experience, is the melting pot of cultures. It's crazy how you can learn so much more about someone who don't have the same point of view than you on everything : school, politics, nature, religion even about random stuffs like food.

I think my best friend there was a Greek and my god he was the funniest person in the world. We only speak in English (and God knows is English is really really bad) and we still understand each other. And in my sense that is the thing about travel, figure it out than even if you don't speak the same language, you don't dress the same, don't eat the same, ... You are still a person and you don't need to have the same opinion and the same background to be friend. I was just myself, even if I wasn't able to say everything, you don't always have to speak. So for me there is no language barrier, cultural barrier, ... There are just fallacies.

This travel like all of my others can be resume in one sentence:
Fuck people are good! Wink

Night, Pauline.
Pauline Avril
Pauline Avril

Back to top Go down

Post by DELAITE Carine Tue Sep 27, 2016 12:39 pm

Hi everybody !

What it's the best that tell you about my week-end in London ? Nothing, I think Smile .
First, during my trip (too short in my opinion..) I decided not visiting museum or tourist monuments, on the one hand because I have already visited historical monuments when I was younger (13 years old) and on the over hand cause I wanted discover the londoner's way of life walking accross the streets, squares and everything (by the way, I lost my legs and my feet during this trip haha..). Of course, I saw and photographed the main monuments such as Big Ben, Buckingham Palace, the Tower of London, St Paul's cathedral, the city's griffons, the Tower brige etc etc. Moreover, I went for a walk in the Bond Street (my eyes still cry in front of the luxury's shops), in Covent garden... I think, I crossed London on foot (or not so the city is dense). But, I'm not completely crazy and I took the bus and the underground too Wink . By the way, I think that the underground hides beautiful things such as street art ! So, If you have the opportunity to go in London, I suggest you discover the undergroung.
The trip back in France was ... depressing haha. In my opinion, traveling helps break the routine and really feel alive and clearly discover various way of life. Henceforth, I'm impatient to go in Barcelona for my erasmus trip and to travel again and again !

Thanks for your reading !

See you soon, Carine.
DELAITE Carine
DELAITE Carine

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucas De Conti Tue Sep 27, 2016 4:48 pm

Hi everybody !

For this topic, I want share with you my amazing travel in United States of America that I realize in June 2016.

Thanks to my formidable mother, I had the chance to visit a little part of this huge country during 11 days. It was my christmas (and birthday) present.
In June 01th 2016, I take a plane from Paris (Roissy Charles De Gaulles) to Frankfurt and after a very long flight from Frankfurt to Los Angeles. We are get out of the Airport in 5 pm. I have eat and at 8 pm, I went to bed because with the time different (- 9 hours in LA), I was very tired.
During the first days, I visited differents places like Hollywood Boulevard,Grand Canyon, Lake Powell, Brice Canyon or else Monument Valley.
The Grand Canyon was beautiful and I didn't think that he was also large ! affraid I have also realize a flight abrove of the Lake Powell, the view was unbelievable with a Lake with colors Blue and green ! Monument Valley is a beautiful place of the Colorado Plateau which have a large area. There is differents big block of rock, it was impressive ! We have eat with a local Indian's tribe.
In June 5th, we are go in a "bright" city... Las Vegas. The heat was stuffy (like the debut of the travel), around 45 degree. Swimming Pool was welcome.. We visited the city during the night and the light and the show offer were impressive.
After the halt in Vegas, we have visited diffents littles city and the Yosemite Park. For the last day, we saw the city of San Francisco, which is a lovely city, sea air feels good (25 degrees !).
In June 11th, We take a plane from San Francisco to Frankfurt and from Frankfurt to Paris.

Unforgettable experience !

Thanks for your reading !

Lucas De Conti
Lucas De Conti
Lucas De Conti

Birthday : 1996-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Sep 27, 2016 5:58 pm

sounds great
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ANIL Yeliz Tue Sep 27, 2016 6:13 pm

Hello Friends !!!

Iwant to share with you my trip to Istanbul, last year with my family !!! As you know, Istanbul, is the most populous city in Turkey and the country's economic, cultural and historic center. Istanbul is the historic center of this country thus, I visited many museums and monuments.

The main monuments in Istanbul, it's in Fatih district. Fatih borders the Golden Horn to the north and the Sea of Marmara to the south, while the Western border is demarked by the Theodosian wall and in the east by the Bosphorus Strait.

Frist, I visited the basilica citern, it is the largest of several hundred ancient cisterns that lie beneath the city of Istanbul. Then, I visit Hagia Sophia, it was a orthodox church, this building was later converted into an Ottoman mosque from 29 May 1453 until 1931. And now, it's a museum. This museum is very very awesome !!! I never see that ! How the people can built that in this epoch ??? I don't know but it's not for nothing that this is one of the wonders of the world. We visited also the Topkapi Palace, it was one of the major residences of the Ottoman sultans. Now, it's a museum to. I saw the imperial treasure.

Before leaving the district, I made a tour of the Bosphorus with a boat.

I recommend you to visit Istanbul, This is an amazing city and it's fairytale thanks to the differents monuments !!!!!!
ANIL Yeliz
ANIL Yeliz

Back to top Go down

Post by Aleksandra Blaszczak Tue Sep 27, 2016 6:31 pm

As a child, I would go to the south of Europe with my parents. This is where I got my preference for travelling from. I was in Spain, Portugal, Greece, where it is definitely warmer than in my home country.
My most distant travel was to China two years ago. I lived with a Chinese family in Beijing, and then with a bunch of Chinese and foreigners of different origins in a northern, cold province called Liaoning. Every year I try to escape winter in Poland, this time I didn't make it because in Liaoning temperature may be as high as - 20 Celsius degrees.
I've been fascinated by stories of modern minimalist travellers, people who pack their things into a small carry-on, and move around the globe. It means that they only possess those things in the suitcase. They make their living off books about lifestyle, travel, philosophy... and blogs, and video blogs. They claim that this kind of behaviour is freeing - physically and mentally. Hence, they are happy, as they may pursuit whatever they desire.

Aleksandra Blaszczak

Back to top Go down

Post by Camille Ayrault Tue Sep 27, 2016 8:49 pm

Hi everybody !

Travelling is very interesting ! I already go to Germany, Sicilia, Italia, Netherland, United Kingdom. During this several travel, I could know different cultures.

I had chance to go to United Kingdom with aupair program's. During 3 month, I lived in the English family to take care of child. I left alone. Yes, it's very difficult ! It's the other country, other people and other language. But, it's very good ! I had chance to meet other french aupair or German, Spanish people. It's very good experience ! For the other people it's hard for them too. Talk about of experience with other people puts into perspective. Because for me it was difficult with the child, because she was autism. But in the family of friend, the family didn't speak with her or go to shopping. But, me I went to church, shopping and I spoke of the actuality with the mother.
During this 3 month, I visited other country. I went to Manchester, London, Oxford. Manchester was very very beautiful but in Manchester is raining everyday. London, it was beautiful, and we had hot and sunny. That's good ! Because in United Kingdom, generally, I had not sunny. During the summer, I had maximum 21 celsius degrees, I had cold everyday !

Camille Ayrault

Back to top Go down

Post by Laura Croegaert Tue Sep 27, 2016 9:17 pm

3 years ago, I went to China for 2 weeks. This travel was organized by my high-school.

The first day, we landed in Shanghai airport, then we left our suitcases at a private place, so then we were ready to start the adventure. The first place we visited is oriental pearl, we had a beautiful panoramic view of shanghai there.

Since the first visit, I was shocked by the number of persons who wore a mask. But the most frightening, was when these people approach you to take a photo; in my mind I asked myself if they had a disease, or if they just wanted to avoid inhaling pollution? Laughing  In China, the European people are admired by the Chinese. We have also visited the Shanghai Museum, but unfortunately I don't remember what I have seen because everything was explained in Chinese.

At the end of the day, we took again a plane to Nanchang, a city in the west of the country. We stayed there about 11 days. Each morning, with classmates we had Chinese classes. In the afternoon, we visited different places of China and sometimes we had free times. In Nanchang Campus, we arrived at a luxury hotel. After that, we have met our new Chinese friends. Every day they helped us with the everyday life because only a small amount of the Chinese people speak English. We spend a wonderful time with them. Until now, we have always kept contact.

My favorite moment was the tiger and Dragon Mountain, the place was still in natural condition, we were transported in Taoism world. A cruise in the river was included in the ticket. Of course, like other tourists, I also liked the "Great Wall of China".

I have only talked about some points of my trip, because I don’t have enough time to share all my adventures.

I almost forget the most important point: CHINESE FOOD! The Chinese dishes are better than the Chinese restaurants in France. Food is less greasy, and so food has more taste. My favorite dishes that I could taste in China for the thirst time, was Caramelized potatoes.

Laura Croegaert

Back to top Go down

First discussion topic: Travel Empty Physical Travel and others types of travel

Post by Leo Bruand Tue Sep 27, 2016 9:32 pm

Hi everybody,

I'm probably the last man who post something on this forum (Bouygues telecom technician was late setting up my connexion to Internet as usually), and I need to talk about travel.. Last week i went in class with another group (groupe B) and they choose this subject : "Politics in United States" (so boring) so it's marvelous to be back in my original group.
I'll speak about my Erasmus in Poland because its my really first travel. It was last year during the spring semester. Before my departure, I had some stereotype concerning polish guys and Poland in general. I thought that in Poland, weather will be so uncomfortable, polish mens are continually drunk and polish girls have blue eyes, blond straight hair and are splendid. In fact, i was mistaken about... the weather! It was snowing just two times and from May to June, temperature reached approximately 30 degree celsius!
Otherwise, Poland is a great country, people are really nice! A french men in Warsaw feels like a millionaire in New York cuz of the purchasing power which is twice higher than in France. To make the most of my Erasmus, i had also planned a travel in Prague and in Cracow. I recommend you to go in Poland, its not expensive (150 euros maximum round trip ticket with Wizzair) and you'll be completely seduced by it!

Leo Bruand
Leo Bruand

Back to top Go down

First discussion topic: Travel Empty The travel

Post by Margot Baudoin Tue Sep 27, 2016 9:58 pm

During my childhood I had the opportunity to travel to some Europeans countries ( Italy, Greece, Spain, Portugal) during high school to discover mainly the historical buildings. In fact, the first time I was going to Italy, we have visit the Vatican, the Coliseum, the Trevi Fountain, the Borghese villa, the Latin Forum; and the second time the Vésuve and Pompéi, the city who was bury by ashes !!
It was very interesting to discover all theses monuments, but one week with French friends don't permit really discover an other culture.

In this way, to go to adventure in others countries permit to discover new cultures; with sometimes others languages, history, mean of life ( dress code, eating and drinkng...), religions, historical building …

Moreover, today we live in a connected world, where the English language is essential, and since the last years the mobility is simplified, with a decrease of the cost of transport means. So, I think mobility is very important to become open-minded. Arrow

Margot Baudoin

Back to top Go down

Post by boyadzhieva.yoana Tue Sep 27, 2016 10:44 pm

Good evening, everyone!

I was fascinated by the city of Dublin, so I will share some of my highlights.

When I arrived at the airport I was surprised that the all the signs are both in Gaelic and English, the text in Gaelic being the one above the “translation” to English. My first thought was that this was a result of some nationalist sentiments, like the ones in Scotland and Wales, but possibly it has always been like that, will ask the Irish.

The city center is quite nice, I visited the National Gallery, the Natural History Museum, some other museums and unfortunately I don’t remember much – none of the paintings, just a couple of fish skeletons and that’s that. What I remember most vividly is my visit to the Guinness Storehouse. It covers seven floors, the first one introduces the beer’s four ingredients, and on the others one can see lots of machinery that was used at the time to produce beer, barrels everywhere, photos of famous people drinking Guinness, etc. At the end of the tour you can have a pint of Guinness and enjoy the view of Dublin and the Liffey River which flows through the center.

I like Oscar Wilde a lot, so I was very happy and to see the house he lived in. I have uploaded a photo of his statue in one of the parks.

I visited a suburb and yacht harbour near Dublin named Howth, which was originally a small fishing village. The village is lovely, you can have a walk around the yachts, chase the ducks and feed the seals <3

First discussion topic: Travel Pb260212 First discussion topic: Travel Pb270212 First discussion topic: Travel Pb270312 First discussion topic: Travel Pb270415 First discussion topic: Travel Pb270414

boyadzhieva.yoana

Back to top Go down

Post by Mathilde David Wed Sep 28, 2016 9:55 am

Hello and good morning friends,

After reading your posts, i suggest that it’s my turn to speak about one trip. So, I have to choose one of them, AND the winner is……. LONDON

For begining, i have took the airplane for the first time, so you can imagine my stress . Shocked The lift-off was particulary stressfull, because my friends, who were with me, were anxious.
The First day, we have took the underground to Bond Sreet. Before, when i was to the airport, i had withdraw money, but i was surpise concerning the price of one subway ticket. ( so expensive, it was that i’m say.) So, the solutions was the oyster card !
In brief, during four day, I was the perfect french toursit, because i spent in shops, bar, (i have drink a glass of wine). Moreover during the gaypride, in a italian restaurant, we were sitiing next to two people who have offered their bottle of wine. Yes, we could not refuse ! And i have eat in different restaurant, snack… Nothing surprising

But we found, an amazing place, totally by chance and i recommend for those who love London (and its good weather ) rabbit

This place is the most popular market in London, it’s name is Borough market. When we arrived, our eyes have taken full color, and you can imagine the smells . (cheese, bread, cake ..). This market was a great memories !

I have the same opinion as Carine concerning the advantage of traveleling ! (helps break the routine and permit to discover a new way of life )
Laurine, you say that London it’s ideal for shopalic and i’m agree, because i spent a lot to Oxford Street silent Many temptations, because many fashion shops

Finally, in Juanary, (it’s soon), I wiil go to Moncton, in the New Brunswick, during five month and i’m so IMPATIENT

Mathilde David
Mathilde David

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Sep 28, 2016 12:32 pm

Aleksandra Blaszczak wrote:As a child, I would go to the south of Europe with my parents. This is where I got my preference for travelling from. I was in Spain, Portugal, Greece, where it is definitely warmer than in my home country.
My most distant travel was to China two years ago. I lived with a Chinese family in Beijing, and then with a bunch of Chinese and foreigners of different origins in a northern, cold province called Liaoning. Every year I try to escape winter in Poland, this time I didn't make it because in Liaoning temperature may be as high as - 20 Celsius degrees.
I've been fascinated by stories of modern minimalist travellers, people who pack their things into a small carry-on, and move around the globe. It means that they only possess those things in the suitcase. They make their living off books about lifestyle, travel, philosophy... and blogs, and video blogs. They claim that this kind of behaviour is freeing - physically and mentally. Hence, they are happy, as they may pursuit whatever they desire.

I'm sure they are happy but it's all about choice. I'm glad I had children and I love my dogs but these things limit your freedom to travel and live out of a bag - as does work!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Maimouna Barry Sun Oct 02, 2016 6:30 pm

Hi
I have you talk about the advantage of travelling.
travel allows us to relieve stress and also to know several places in the world which is a good thing.
Among the countries that are in Australia mod I think is a very beautiful country I liked the visited.
I was in Germany. And I visited several cities including among others cologne dortmund herne bochum I was fascinated by the cathedral which was a cologne.

Maimouna Barry

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down