UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where did you grow up?

+17
MisterSTAPS
Manon Px
Alex Lasserre
Mathilde V.
Salvatore VENNETTILLI
Amandinelau
Mathilde L
WANG RUI
Madagascan Lorriane
Habibakhairy
CamilaCristanchoDuque
Anaël Maublanc
Salomé P.
Aurélie Leclerc
Yara Bassil
Admin
Eloïse B
21 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Where did you grow up? - Page 3 Empty Re: Where did you grow up?

Post by Mathilde V. Thu Oct 06, 2016 10:32 am

Hi everyone! This topic went in so many different ways so I won't be original and stay in the first one. I was born in Limoges, HUGE capital of Limousin (ok it doesn't exist anymore), famous all around the world for its delicate porcelain and his basketball team (more in Europe for the second but it's already good!). I hope with that I gave you the envy to visit it, it's only one hour and a half from here and don't worry in one day you will have time to see everything (maybe even the creepy butcher house, thanks Yara for the suggestion Wink )  ! Very Happy

Mathilde V.

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Lasserre Thu Oct 06, 2016 10:34 am

Well that topic has been pretty active ! As far as I'm concerned I lived pretty much all my life in Charente, growing up around Angoulême and moving out like 11 times so far. Not much to say though cause it was pretty much all the same during 23 years so we'll see what next but I'm not sure I'll live around very long.
Alex Lasserre
Alex Lasserre

Back to top Go down

Post by Manon Px Thu Oct 06, 2016 11:50 am

Hi everybody !
I hope I have no accent which lets guess from where I am ...
I am from the NORTH of france (between the sea and the Belgium), where you can find delicious beer, cheese and ... very nice, helpfull and open-minded people ! Very Happy
Did someone ever gone to this part of the country ? What do you thing about ?

Manon Px

Back to top Go down

Post by MisterSTAPS Thu Oct 06, 2016 12:12 pm

Hi everyone.

I come from Orleans (two hours driving from south of Paris). The city is just beautiful, full of history. There are a lot of things to visit, I will show you if you are interested Very Happy

Do you know the story about the "Pucelle" of Orleans? Laughing

I leave this picture here, just to show you how our cathedrale is beautiful

Where did you grow up? - Page 3 14359210

MisterSTAPS

Back to top Go down

Post by Yara Bassil Thu Oct 06, 2016 1:22 pm

MisterSTAPS wrote:Hi everyone.

I come from Orleans (two hours driving from south of Paris). The city is just beautiful, full of history. There are a lot of things to visit, I will show you if you are interested Very Happy

This looks amazing

Yara Bassil

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Oct 06, 2016 8:04 pm

Soulac has a basilica Razz

Where did you grow up? - Page 3 Basilique-notre-dame-de-la-fin-des-terres-soulac-sur-mer-soulac-sur-mer
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Yara Bassil Thu Oct 06, 2016 8:08 pm

Admin wrote:Soulac has a basilica Razz

Where did you grow up? - Page 3 Basilique-notre-dame-de-la-fin-des-terres-soulac-sur-mer-soulac-sur-mer

coool

Yara Bassil

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexandre Baudet Mon Oct 10, 2016 6:50 pm

Hi everyone! I grew up in Rennes (in Brittany) and I made my studies there (before I arrived in Cognac, then Angoulême…). This is a nice student city, very dynamic, with lots of entertainment and things to see like the park of Thabor, the historic center, the "Champs libres"...
There is also the « rue de la soif » with many pubs, famous until China, where a lot of students meet on thursday evenings and weekends. drunken

Where did you grow up? - Page 3 Fetede10

Alexandre Baudet

Back to top Go down

Post by Manon.C Thu Oct 13, 2016 11:09 am

hello everybody,

it's not easy for me to exprime in english. I haven't luck to go in a other country to speak english. i take private lesson in english. Excuse me if i do mistakes... Embarassed

I was born in Guadeloupe. My parents are french. I lived 13 years old in Guadeloupe. i gone in france in 2003. i lived 7 years old in Montpellier. After i leaved in Castres with Eiline :p in DUT Génie du Conditionnement et de l'Emballage during 2 years ago.

i wanted to make marketing, i gone in Bachelor Marketing communication. i worked during 1 years in a company of communication and commercial. But i wanted to continue my studies. so, i leaved in Master 1 Création Numérique. It was very hard because we had many projects alone and a main project to year. i created a pillbox for the contraceptive pill with an application for the telephone.

NOW i am here to speak english in this formation XD

No, it's a very good formation.

Sorry to have describe my boring life XD

Manon.C

Back to top Go down

Post by Manon.C Thu Oct 13, 2016 11:14 am

i forgot a picture of Guadeloupe :p

It's a picture of a beach oh the town of Bouillante, where i lived.

Where did you grow up? - Page 3 583176-711934

Manon.C

Back to top Go down

Post by mguyader Thu Oct 13, 2016 11:19 am

Hi everyone !
I come from Rennes too ! After Alexandre's post you will think all britain pepole are alcoholic ... haha.

Now about my origin, I lived in Rennes until my hight school. After that I moved to La Rochelle for do my studies. It was an amazing city, little but so attractive. Just front of sea you can enjoyed drinks with your friend or relax you by the walk on the beach. It was so nice and very different of Angoulême unfortunately ... I advice you to visit this city, it's just near Angoulême (less than 2 hours) and you can feel in holidays druing one week-end. If you want any recommendations, I can help you Wink
Let's enjoy the beautiful view from the port when you can see the famous symbol of LR : "Les deux tours de La Rochelle"
Where did you grow up? - Page 3 La-roc12

For strong feeling amator, each year there is Redbull event : "the Redbull cliff diving". Amazing event where divers, dive from one of two tower in 27 meters of height. It's very impressive. Looks : http://www.redbullcliffdiving.com/fr_FR

mguyader

Back to top Go down

Post by MisterSTAPS Thu Oct 13, 2016 11:44 am

mguyader wrote:Hi everyone !
I come from Rennes too ! After Alexandre's post you will think all britain pepole are alcoholic ... haha.

Now about my origin, I lived in Rennes until my hight school. After that I moved to La Rochelle for do my studies. It was an amazing city, little but so attractive. Just front of sea you can enjoyed drinks with your friend or relax you by the walk on the beach. It was so nice and very different of Angoulême unfortunately ... I advice you to visit this city, it's just near Angoulême (less than 2 hours) and you can feel in holidays druing one week-end. If you want any recommendations, I can help you Wink
Let's enjoy the beautiful view from the port when you can see the famous symbol of LR : "Les deux tours de La Rochelle"

For strong feeling amator, each year there is Redbull event : "the Redbull cliff diving". Amazing event where divers, dive from one of two tower in 27 meters of height. It's very impressive. Looks : http://www.redbullcliffdiving.com/fr_FR

You didn't talk about the "crêpes" or "Galettes de Sarazin" and Cider Wink. This is the only one identity of the "French Britain".
Is there speciality, specific to Rennes?

MisterSTAPS

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexandre Baudet Thu Oct 13, 2016 11:51 am

MisterSTAPS wrote:

You didn't talk about the "crêpes" or "Galettes de Sarazin" and Cider Wink. This is the only one identity of the "French Britain".

There is not, in my mind, speciality specific to Rennes. There is the sausage patty (after football games) but this is not only in Rennes.

Alexandre Baudet

Back to top Go down

Post by Gaëlle Thu Oct 13, 2016 11:57 am

MisterSTAPS wrote:Hi everyone.

Hahaha she burned in the city I was born !

*freedom for the unicorns*

Gaëlle

Back to top Go down

Where did you grow up? - Page 3 Empty The legend

Post by Habibakhairy Thu Oct 13, 2016 11:59 am

move with the beat people bounce bounce

Habibakhairy

Back to top Go down

Post by Madagascan Lorriane Thu Oct 13, 2016 11:59 am

Where did you grow up? - Page 3 Avenue-Of-The-Baobabs-Madagascar-By-Todd-Gustafson-740x497
For those of you who are fund of wild nature, Madagascar is the deal ! I think Camila won't agree more, this is beautiful !

Madagascan Lorriane

Birthday : 1992-04-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Oct 13, 2016 12:39 pm

camila would prefer the favellas in Brazil.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mguyader Mon Oct 17, 2016 7:22 pm

Alexandre Baudet wrote:
MisterSTAPS wrote:

There is not, in my mind, speciality specific to Rennes. There is the sausage patty (after football games) but this is not only in Rennes.

You forgot to put the famous music of sausage patty Alexandre ... Stupid song but so famous in Rennes. Frequently people sing that during football game or sport event in Ile-et-Vilaine for motivate the public.

mguyader

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexandre Baudet Mon Oct 17, 2016 7:35 pm

mguyader wrote:
Alexandre Baudet wrote:
MisterSTAPS wrote:

You forgot to put the famous music of sausage patty Alexandre ... Stupid song but so famous in Rennes. Frequently people sing that during football game or sport event in Ile-et-Vilaine for motivate the public.

Stop, they are going to become jealous! Very Happy

Alexandre Baudet

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Oct 17, 2016 8:43 pm

Laughing
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Eloïse B Mon Oct 17, 2016 11:43 pm

Admin wrote:
Lorriane Razafindramisa wrote:
Habibakhairy wrote:hi hi Very Happy well , this whole forum for english group discussion is  new for me, never been registered to even a similar plateform before but i am going to try to do my best out of it.
i guess everyone knows where i did grew up but i will tell you  all more about it. so, i grew up in Eygpt more precisley in Cairo. but people,
i can assure u all that we have more than the pyramids and oriental nights. Very Happy Very Happy

Egypt is definitely a place to go ! i would love to take a selfie with the Mummy of Tutankhamun !   Laughing  Laughing  I just saw a documentary about the tomb of Tutankhamun, apparently they found a new hidden room. And a lot of archeologist think that it is Nefertiti's tomb... I would love to see that ! it's so exciting to think that there might be a huge treasury just behind a wall !
What do you think Habiba ? is it real ?

That's what I think when you lot are in the classroom next door. Very Happy Suspect

You gave us a compliment and no one commented it! Thank you John Cool Razz

Eloïse B

Back to top Go down

Post by Eloïse B Mon Oct 17, 2016 11:46 pm

Manon.C wrote:hello everybody,

it's not easy for me to exprime in english. I haven't luck to go in a other country to speak english. i take private lesson in english. Excuse me if i do mistakes... Embarassed

I was born in Guadeloupe. My parents are french. I lived 13 years old in Guadeloupe. i gone in france in 2003. i lived 7 years old in Montpellier. After i leaved in Castres with Eiline :p in DUT Génie du Conditionnement et de l'Emballage during 2 years ago.

i wanted to make marketing, i gone in Bachelor Marketing communication. i worked during 1 years in a company of communication and commercial. But i wanted to continue my studies. so, i leaved in Master 1 Création Numérique. It was very hard because we had many projects alone and a main project to year. i created a pillbox for the contraceptive pill with an application for the telephone.

NOW i am here to speak english in this formation XD

No, it's a very good formation.

Sorry to have describe my boring life XD

That's awesome! Guadeloupe seems so beautiful, you must have enjoyed life so much in the sunshine! Very Happy

Eloïse B

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Oct 18, 2016 12:29 pm

Eloïse B wrote:
Admin wrote:
Lorriane Razafindramisa wrote:
Habibakhairy wrote:hi hi Very Happy well , this whole forum for english group discussion is  new for me, never been registered to even a similar plateform before but i am going to try to do my best out of it.
i guess everyone knows where i did grew up but i will tell you  all more about it. so, i grew up in Eygpt more precisley in Cairo. but people,
i can assure u all that we have more than the pyramids and oriental nights. Very Happy Very Happy

Egypt is definitely a place to go ! i would love to take a selfie with the Mummy of Tutankhamun !   Laughing  Laughing  I just saw a documentary about the tomb of Tutankhamun, apparently they found a new hidden room. And a lot of archeologist think that it is Nefertiti's tomb... I would love to see that ! it's so exciting to think that there might be a huge treasury just behind a wall !
What do you think Habiba ? is it real ?

That's what I think when you lot are in the classroom next door. Very Happy Suspect

You gave us a compliment and no one commented it! Thank you John Cool Razz

Perhaps they're not clever enough to understand it. lol! cheers cheers
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Oct 18, 2016 12:30 pm

Manon.C wrote:i forgot a picture of Guadeloupe :p

It's a picture of a beach oh the town of Bouillante, where i lived.

Where did you grow up? - Page 3 583176-711934

Beautiful - looks like Soulac.

At least I now understand why you are late to class sometimes. Razz
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mathilde L Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:15 am

I notice there aren't montain landscapes so I'm adding some !
Where did you grow up? - Page 3 Enjoy-10
Where did you grow up? - Page 3 Chamon11

Mathilde L

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next