UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Peaky Blinders - TV series

2 posters

Go down

Peaky Blinders - TV series  Empty Peaky Blinders - TV series

Post by Pauline Avril Tue Sep 27, 2016 2:18 pm

1st episode :

The scene takes place in Birmingham in 1919, in the atmosphere of a industrial district.
During the first scene you see a men ridding a horse, a Chinese women stand in front of the horse and she throws a spell. We hear later that the men ridding the horse is named Thomas Shelby, and everybody seems to know him, he seems to be the main character of the series.
The Shelby family own a bookshop ( a place where you bet on horses races ), everybody calls the family : the Peaky Blinders. We easily guess that they run the city.
Next character to enter the series is an inspector, inspector Campbell. He is looking at files of Arthur and Thomas Shelby.
Next scene is a speech of Freddy, a communist, he is encouraging worker's struggle complaining about the cut of wages and encouraging workers to strike.
In the Harry's pub, pub where the peaky blinders offer protection in exchange of payment, we understand that Thomas and Freddy know each other, they did war in France together. Freddy mention a investigation about a robbery, something big which deal with the government. During this conversation Danny (also a war companion) enter the pub screaming and smashing things, we understand he is suffering of war post-traumatic symptom.
Next important character is Polly, the aunt of Thomas. Both of us meet in a church, they seem to know more than the other members of the family. Thomas tell Polly is secret : his men were suppose to stole motorcycles but they were drunk and took the wrong container. Container is which there were guns and munitions and he keep it. Polly ask him to throw it away.
The only girl in the brotherhood is seeing the communist Freddy.
A new bar-made from Ireland (Grace) is hire in Harry's pub.
We also see a meeting in the cops' office where inspector Campbell make a speech and try to make understand than the corruption is done for good and present new men he hires to make the order reign. He arrest Arthur, the older brother, and interrogate him about the robbery.
Thomas takes some drugs, we guess since the war, and make some dreams about his war time, we see Danny in it.
Danny has an other post-trauma crisis and stab an Italian.
Inspector Campbell meets Winston Churchill and keeps him in touch with his mission, Churchill insists on the secret character of the mission,
nobody can know. Thomas finally decides to keep the guns and hide them.
Inspector Campbell meet Grace and we understand that she is a secret agent of him.
The Italians want a revenge so Thomas have to shoot Danny. In the last important scene we saw that Danny is still alive, he is going to London and became a Peaky blinders.

Pauline Avril
Pauline Avril

Back to top Go down

Peaky Blinders - TV series  Empty Re: Peaky Blinders - TV series

Post by Pauline Avril Tue Oct 04, 2016 11:25 pm

So I watched the second episode of "Peaky Blinders", well... ok my first post was endless I recognize that.
But now I did my overview of character so it will be quicker.
In this episode a new family appear, Lee family, a family of gypsies. Thomas went there to buy a horse and accidentally (or not, I think he did that on purpose) start a "war".
The interesting point in that episode is that we are truly facing the real balance of power, between Thomas and inspector Campbell. Those two don't really seems to like each other. I don't know yet who is the smartest... But I am supporting Thomy of course  I love you  
What else...
Oh Thomy ask the waitress for a kind of date, well I think it's a date, a race of horses.
And a new character who seems to be important come into the series, Billy Kimber, one of the most powerful man in the region.  

SPOILER SPOILER

Yes the Shelby sister is pregnant... Somebody will have all the bones broken...
Pauline Avril
Pauline Avril

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Oct 05, 2016 1:42 pm

There's an icon to hide your spoilers - the one with the yellow ! mark on it;

I haven't watched this yet but lots of Young english males think it's one of the best series around.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Pauline Avril Wed Oct 05, 2016 1:46 pm

Admin wrote:There's an icon to hide your spoilers - the one with the yellow ! mark on it;

I haven't watched this yet but lots of Young english males think it's one of the best series around.

Thank you, good to know !
So I guess English boys have good taste.
Pauline Avril
Pauline Avril

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Oct 05, 2016 7:58 pm

Pauline Avril wrote:
Admin wrote:There's an icon to hide your spoilers - the one with the yellow ! mark on it;

Thank you, good to know !
So I guess English boys have good taste.

That's what my wife tells me.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Pauline Avril Tue Oct 11, 2016 1:11 pm

3rd episode :

On this episode a new important group is introduce, IRA. And it seems to complicate the all situation which was already a bit complicated with the Peaky Blinders, the Lee family, Kimbers, inspector Campbell and the communists. IRA (Irish Republican Army) is a group who want the independence of Ireland, it's quite a violent group. They meet Tommy in the pub and want to buy from him the stolen guns. Grace was behind the wall and listen the all conversation. After this meeting she followed one of the man... But she not good at it because he noticed her and stuck her against a wall, Grace did have the choice and kill him.
Ada and Freddie (the communist and ex war companion of Tommy) get married and they are suppose to leave the city... but Fredde doesn't want to. This is an important fact because inspector Campbell will use that against Tommy.
Tommy offer a deal to Kimbers. He propose to assure the security with his man during the race, telling that Lee family are gong to stole the bookmakers of Kmbers.
Kimbers accept... But only if he can pass some hours with Grace, and by an strange miracle Tommy already ask Grace to come with him at the race.
Like always Tommy is been a step ahead !
Smart Tommy I love you
Pauline Avril
Pauline Avril

Back to top Go down

Post by Pauline Avril Tue Oct 18, 2016 11:26 pm

4th episode :

In this episode we understand that's the war between Lee and Shelby family is launch.. But like always Tommy achieve to fix the situation. Indeed the younger brother John wanted to marry the more well-known whore on the city but Tommy process him to a member of Lee family... Despite Jonh was really pissed he accept for the family but when he finally meet his future wife, he became quite satisfy by the situation!

Inspector Campbell still treat Tommy using his little sister. Billy Kimbers finally gives to the Peaky blinders a betting licence. Grace (still working for inspector Campbell) try to investigate... But it's a failure and policemen just found cigarettes.

Best moment for me *girly time* : Tommy understand that Grace lie about something. But he ask her to be the assistant of Shelby family and FINALLY kiss her !

At the end of the episode we saw policemen taking away Freddie...
Pauline Avril
Pauline Avril

Back to top Go down

Post by Pauline Avril Sun Oct 30, 2016 3:02 pm

Episode 5 and 6 :

At the beginning of the 5th episode we understand that Ada has a kind of depression since Freddie was taken away.
The father of the Peaky Blinders appear in this episode, and Arthur (the older one) seems to be happy about that. That's strange because even if Arthur is the older brother is always seems the more insecure and childish of the family. Tommy doesn't seem pleased about this arrival, even if lot of people make the comparison between him and his dad.
IRA reappears in this episode still determinate to buy the stolen guns..
Unexpected thing, Thomas make a deal with Campbell to stop the IRA, everybody know than a common enemy can make closer former enemies.
But never trust a man like Campbell, he didn't respect his part and put Tommy and Grace in great danger. Hopefully nobody was hurt, but Grace realize she really care about this family and take an important decision, she meet with Campbell and told him she want to resign. She gives the location of the stolen guns to Campbell and make him promise to not harm Thomas.
Arthur stole some money because his father told him.. But the father runs away with it... Naive Arthur. Later on he tried to killed himself but didn't manage it.
Thomas know that the police is after him but want to see Grace a last time, he went to her place and stay there... All night... Inspector Campbell see them by the window and go away.

The 6th episode is the last one of the season.
Episode start with Grace gong to the museum appointment to see Campbell he wasn't here, there was an other men who gives Grace a letter. In it he told her he knows she spend the night with Thomas and that she is a whore (strong language damn) !
We learn that Polly had a child, taking away long time ago by the police.
The Peaky Blinders achieve to make Freddie out of jail ! (BTW Arthur Shelby is also in jail)
They was a gang fight between the Peaky Blinder and Billy Kimbers gang, Thomas killed Kimbers shooting him in the head.
Grace decide to leave but she asked Thomas to come with her in London.. At the en of the episode we saw Thomas writing a letter telling her he will give her his decision in 3 days.
And the last scene (TERRIBLE ENDING) we saw inspector Campbell at the train station... Pointing a gun on Grace.

Pauline Avril
Pauline Avril

Back to top Go down

Post by Pauline Avril Sun Nov 20, 2016 4:30 pm

Welcome to the second season !

I apologize for not posting before... But I was quite busy...

1st episode :

First of all Grace survive cheers the inspector didn't shoot her !

The business of Peaky Blinders looks quite bigger than before, and they want to extend it in London.
We saw the funeral of Freddie (Ada's husband), quite sad, she have to raise their child alone. She decided to leave, and she doesn't want to have anything to do again with her family, she want another life for her child.
Thomas sounds in trouble with the IRA, they want something from him.
Polly is seeking for her child, who was taken away by the police.
We understand that they are two important gangs in London, the Italians (with Sabini) and the Jews. The Italians treat Thomas and Ada, and he make an alliance with the Jews.
Pauline Avril
Pauline Avril

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down