UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sherlock (TV series)

3 posters

Go down

Sherlock (TV series) Empty Sherlock (TV series)

Post by Antoine Palard Fri Sep 30, 2016 6:29 pm

Overall, this British series take place in London at the XXI century. It's a modern adaptation of the famous novel of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle. We find there Sherlock Holmes, of course, and Dr Watson, but the others characters too as Moriarty and Ms Hudson.
So in the first episode, I am surprised, it lasts an hour and a half, as the movie with Robert Downey Jr. But this episode is dedicaded to the meeting of both main characters. Even if Shelock, assisted by Dr Watson, investigated on 4 suicides. Holmes trusted there are murder because all the four persons died after swallowed a pill. Of course at the end he find the killer , buy to know who is it and how he did that, you must to watch the episode.
This episode is really entertaining and funny, very humorous thanks to the brithis humor... But, in the same time it's very frustrating, indeed the Holme's deduction appears as easy to find, there are very logic, but there are impressive.
To be continued....

Antoine Palard

Back to top Go down

Sherlock (TV series) Empty Re: Sherlock (TV series)

Post by Admin Fri Sep 30, 2016 6:47 pm

I absolutely love this Sherlock series.

I wish I'd never seen it and could watch it again.

One of the best - but the English is pretty difficult.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Gabriel Pilon Wed Oct 05, 2016 9:48 pm

After Robert Downey Jr's movies and Elementary, i choose to whatch british Sherlock serie. I didn't read any Sherlock Holmes book but it doesn't prevent me to be a big fan of the character. Indeed, he is a genius of deduction and the way he can know everything from anything is very badass.

------------- Spoiler -----------
(I mainly describe the personality of the character and compare it with Elementary, which is the american version)

I started to watch Sherlock Sunday the 2nd of october and i'm already starting season 3 today. First, i realy liked the way the script present us the character, it was realy authentic if we compare it to Elementary. If you didn't see Elementary, the Sherlock Holmes is very "Hollywood" : At the beginning, he is like the sociopath genius who got an Asperger's syndrom but he slowly become friendly and the serie become predictable. And THIS is why i prefer the british Sherlock : He just stay the same. I mean, of corse he evolve, be he stay loyal to his personality and keep being asocial.
This is the same thing for Dr. Watson. In Sherlock we have real John Watson, with the real story of ex-soldier and doctor, he lived the violence of the war and found Sherlock as a solution to his post-war problem. In fact, we first thing that war tromatise him, but it's more like if he missed her and solving case help him to have some adrenaline.

At the first episode, i wasn't realy impressed by the form of the episode. But the more i watched new episodes, the more the film maker captured my mind by using smart plans, appropriate musics and nice plot. This serie is realised smartness and the result is very appreciable. Someway, it make me feel like i'm watching Hannibal, not the bloody part but the mindgame is real.

I realy recommand this serie and i will go finish this 3rd season right now.
Gabriel Pilon
Gabriel Pilon

Back to top Go down

Post by Antoine Palard Sat Oct 08, 2016 12:07 pm

Episode 2:
This episode demonstrates again, the capacities of outstanding deduction of Sherlock Holmes. But it seems to me that this episode is more centered on the personality of doctor Watson, because we discover him lover; and very brave (what is not surprising for a former soldier). Furthermore, this episode is based on the suggestion, because not less than two murders are suggested off-screen.

Spoiler:
Holmes and Watson n have to deal with a gang of trafficker of Chinese art: the black Lotus (As Tintin but the lotus is black here Very Happy ). They will have to solve murders which seem impossible, all the doors being closed from the inside (As in the mystery of the yellow room). But nothing is too hard for Holmes, helped by Watson, will solve the mystery.
But we can be sure that we shall see again the black Lotus.

Antoine Palard

Back to top Go down

Post by Antoine Palard Sun Oct 16, 2016 2:02 pm

Episode 3
This episode marks the end of the first season. If the intrigue is, to me, rather ordinary ; she allows to highlight Watson. Indeed, throughout this episode he becomes more autonomous what allows him to make some good deductions, that Holmes considers mediocre.
However, the final of this episode is very interesting. The confrontation between Moriarty and Holmes keeps all these promises. What promises a breathless season 2

Antoine Palard

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Oct 16, 2016 2:52 pm

It truly is.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Gabriel Pilon Tue Oct 18, 2016 11:10 pm

I finished season 3 and i can't wait for season 4. This one is starting this december if i remember. seeing the end of the season 3, i'm sure i will love this one too because this is not like if they wanted to make episode just for money. Indeed, the end of the season 3 can't be the end of the story, and that mean that it will be more and more stories. It realy opened they way to the scenario.

I realy recommand this serie. The intrigues are pretty good, and if you are a fan of Sherlocks it will be another moment of pleasure to see him solving crimes. On this 9 episodes, i didn't notice any BIG patterns, generaly the scenario is different. Every episode you go to different places, you see different skills and tricks from all characters.

In a previous message i talked about Sherlock mentality and social approch. I was right saying that he stay like an Asperger but his evolution is realy interesting. The character stay true and keep his integrity but as the same time he evolve and change some detail episode after episode.

Antoine you should rush on the season 2, the season 1 was only the beginning, only the way to present you the different character, but know you have seen his Nemesis and it's gonna be exiting to see them play Wink
Gabriel Pilon
Gabriel Pilon

Back to top Go down

Post by Antoine Palard Mon Oct 24, 2016 6:41 pm

Thanks to the advice of Gabriel, I have to look at 3 episodes of the season 2 in a short time, because at the end of each, we really want e to see the continuation ! Indeed, this season keeps all its promises and reserve a taping final. The main intrigue, beyond investigation, is breathless. The fall of Sherlock (!) is puzzling, but we know that he has more than one trick up his sleeve...

Antoine Palard

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down