UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Memories (film)

Go down

Memories (film)  Empty Memories (film)

Post by Pierre Gervais Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:27 pm

Hello guys, today I'm going to talk about a film I watched last week, which is Memories (released in 1995).

So Memories is a compilation of 3 short films (Magnetic Rose, Stink Bomb, Cannon Fodder). I'll explain film by film what they speak about and their paticularities. That's an animation film by the way.

- Magnetic Rose (written by Katsuhiro Ōtomo and Satoshi Kon and executed by Kōji Morimoto) : this short film tells us the story of a group of guys that are in charge of cleaning the space from floating debris. They finally find a spaceship apparently empty but they meet an artificial intelligence which is kind of tormented. The animation is really beautiful and the word is weak. This short film is considered as a masterpiece in terms of japanese animation. The details are amazing, the soundtrack is absolutely wonderful, and the story that it tells is much interesting.

- Stink Bomb (written by Katsuhiro Ōtomo and executed by Tensai Okamura) : in this one we follow the adventure of a man that accidentally become a biological human weapon by taking pills that he don't really knows the effects. When he is near to people they die but he don't realize that he is the one they kill them. Here again the animation is beautiful, and the story is pretty funny.

- Cannon Folder (written by Katsuhiro Ōtomo and executed by Katsuhiro Ōtomo) : this one tells us a common day in a war-torn country that is only focus on destroy and kill their enemies. This is an allegory of Germany during the Second World War. Here the animation is totally different from the two others because the drawing style is not really like an anime one. I found it less impressive but it just my impression I think that's pretty subjective. But the story is really eloquent.

Once again, I really advice you to watch it because it's really a fucking masterpiece.
Pierre Gervais
Pierre Gervais

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum