UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where do you come from and what is the culinary speciality of your area ?

+18
Noémie Pieruccioni
Angélique
Loris SEDEAUD
ClaytonThibeaud
Aurélie Mertz
Bertin pauline
Candy Kouadio
Maïa HERVE
Zicheng SHA
LORCA Maxime
Charlotte ILIOU
Admin
Manon Malguy
Morgane HEURTEUX LEFEVRE
Morais.Cécilia
Charlène Deslandes
Julie Stoerkler
Elise HIROUX
22 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Where do you come from and what is the culinary speciality of your area ?  Empty Where do you come from and what is the culinary speciality of your area ?

Post by Elise HIROUX Sat Oct 29, 2016 5:17 pm

Hello everybody !

I want to introduce a new topic. We are on vacation and many of us come back to our native regions.
Where do you come from and what is the culinary speciality of your area ?

Happy holidays ! Very Happy
Elise HIROUX
Elise HIROUX

Back to top Go down

Where do you come from and what is the culinary speciality of your area ?  Empty Re: Where do you come from and what is the culinary speciality of your area ?

Post by Julie Stoerkler Mon Oct 31, 2016 11:06 am

Hello to you ! So like everybody know, I come from Alsace. I came back there for the holidays. The culinary specialty ? Ohh… So there is many things… The traditional choucroute, baeckeoffe (or Flamekueche like you all say), kougelhopf, the Munster cheese. We have also a lot of Christmas biscuits. And to drink, we have many wine, red and white, creamery and different sort of schnapps. I know that I say just a piece of the culinary specialty.
Julie Stoerkler
Julie Stoerkler

Back to top Go down

Where do you come from and what is the culinary speciality of your area ?  Empty Re: Where do you come from and what is the culinary speciality of your area ?

Post by Charlène Deslandes Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:43 pm

Hello Elise !
I come from Le Mans. The city is mostly known because of the mythic car race of the 24 hours of Le Mans. But we also have a culinary speciality which is the "rillettes" of Le Mans and also the chicken "Poulet de Loué" ! It's a small city so we don't have many specialities... Hum, let's see... we also have the "potée sarthoise" you can check the recipe online if you're interested in cooking it Wink
What about you?  
Happy end of holidays Wink

Charlène Deslandes

Back to top Go down

Post by Morais.Cécilia Tue Nov 01, 2016 9:36 pm

I come from Melun (it's next to Paris). In "Ile de France" we don't have specialities, mainly typical dishes. There are more small specialty like cheeses. In Melun we can found "Le Brie", it's a cheese it's like Camembert.
Morais.Cécilia
Morais.Cécilia

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgane HEURTEUX LEFEVRE Wed Nov 02, 2016 2:57 pm

I come from Chadurie (it's next to Angoulême Very Happy ). We have many specialities, like Cognac, Pineau, Cornuelles, Pine of Barbezieux, Grillons charentais, ... Cornuelle are triangular pastry biscuits with anise seeds. It was during Palm Sunday they are sold. A Barbezieux, they make other cornuelles; they are shaped like pine cones and are made with dough puffs flavored with orange blossom. It's Pine of Barbezieux.

Morgane HEURTEUX LEFEVRE

Back to top Go down

Post by Manon Malguy Wed Nov 02, 2016 8:59 pm

I come from Marly le roi (next to Versailles), and as Cecilia said we don't really have specialities in Ile de France, but classics like Parisian baguette, Macarons, chouquettes, Opéra cake (and many others), and in alcool the Grand Marnier (very good in crepes or cocktails !)

Manon Malguy

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Nov 03, 2016 8:31 am

what I'm learning is that Paris lacks it's own culture and identity.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Elise HIROUX Thu Nov 03, 2016 7:40 pm

Julie : I had never heard of schnapps. I went on the net and now, I know...

Charlène : I don't know "the potée sarthoise". I will check the recipe online.

Morgane : Last year, I taste "Grillons charentais", I like this product! This was very good.

Cécilia and Manon : You don't have a lot of specialities but you live near Paris, so you have others things like Eiffel tower, the Louvre museum and many other things.

Smile
Elise HIROUX
Elise HIROUX

Back to top Go down

Post by Elise HIROUX Thu Nov 03, 2016 7:56 pm

Personnaly, I come from brittany and there is a lot of specialities in my area. First of all, buckwheat pancake and crêpe. Thank you not to confuse, it's not the same thing. Wink
We also have "galette saucisse", it's unavoidable when you come to see a football match.
You can also find salted butter caramel, far breton, Kouign-amann and cider.

Enjoy your meal with a photo of a crepe with salted butter caramel ! Very Happy

Where do you come from and what is the culinary speciality of your area ?  Crypes11
Elise HIROUX
Elise HIROUX

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlotte ILIOU Thu Nov 03, 2016 11:07 pm

As everybody know in our class, I come from Brittany like Elise ! I am very proud of my region and I think it is the best region in France haha !!! I am not going to repeat that Elise said before but there are also many seafood Smile
Many meals to eat in our region, so much sympathy and generosity !! Smile

Charlotte ILIOU

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Nov 04, 2016 11:05 am

Charlotte ILIOU wrote:As everybody know in our class, I come from Brittany like Elise ! I am very proud of my region and I think it is the best region in France haha !!! I am not going to repeat that Elise said before but there are also many seafood Smile
Many meals to eat in our region, so much sympathy and generosity !! Smile

When the weather is so cold it's important to have a variety of food and good company. Laughing
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LORCA Maxime Sat Nov 05, 2016 2:19 pm

I come from Grenoble and which is well known as a meal there are the "gratin dauphinois", ravioli from royans, and the nut from grenoble.
And that's all unfortunately.

LORCA Maxime

Back to top Go down

Post by Elise HIROUX Sat Nov 05, 2016 4:09 pm

No, no we are not chauvinistic... Laughing

The weather is perfect in Brittany... isn't it Charlotte ?
Elise HIROUX
Elise HIROUX

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Nov 05, 2016 4:44 pm

Elise HIROUX wrote:No, no we are not chauvinistic... Laughing

The weather is perfect in Brittany... isn't it Charlotte ?

Perfect for penguins.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Elise HIROUX Sat Nov 05, 2016 8:00 pm

Elise HIROUX
Elise HIROUX

Back to top Go down

Post by Zicheng SHA Sun Nov 06, 2016 3:31 pm

Many cities in China, and even a village, there will be hundreds of local characteristics of food.I come from Tian Jin. As a northern coastal city,the cuisine of TianJin mainly to "salty" and "fresh" two flavors. Most of the specialties are seafood,with a heavier taste. In addition, in Tianjin, a total of 34 kinds of breakfast, I could eat a week without repetition...

Zicheng SHA

Back to top Go down

Post by Zicheng SHA Sun Nov 06, 2016 3:37 pm

Where do you come from and what is the culinary speciality of your area ?  Oeaooi12

Zicheng SHA

Back to top Go down

Post by Maïa HERVE Sun Nov 06, 2016 3:41 pm

In Ivory Coast there are tons of specialities but the main ones include bananas and manioc (also called cassava or yuca, it's a root). We have foutou (a banana and manioc "bread"), that we eat with different stews such as Copè, Kédjénou and a sauce made with peanut paste. We also eat alloco (it's pretty much fried bananas, one of my favourites!), you have to dip it in a spicy tomato sauce for it to be perfect!

As for drink I really like to drink bissap (a drink made by infusing dried hibiscus flowers in water) and gnamakoudji ( it's basically ginger paste dilluted with water and a lot of sugar!)

That's for my mother's side. As for my father he's from Brittany and Normandy so you've already mentioned the specialities Wink

P.S.: Chinese food is amazing

Maïa HERVE

Back to top Go down

Post by Candy Kouadio Sun Nov 06, 2016 4:14 pm

AHAHA Maïa I loved all specialties that you mentioned !! My father cooking all time African food but particularly on Sunday. He cooking lot of rice too (all time) with sauce graine, sauce cacahuete and others.

My mother come from the beautiful region of Poitou-Charentes aha. Example of specialties: Broyé du Poitou (a cake which is very delicious) and Cognac (the famous spirit).
Candy Kouadio
Candy Kouadio

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlotte ILIOU Sun Nov 06, 2016 10:39 pm

You know what, in Brittany there is a proverb very true and interesting !!! "In Brittany, it is only rainning on the idiots" !! haha Smile

Charlotte ILIOU

Back to top Go down

Post by Bertin pauline Mon Nov 07, 2016 12:39 pm

It's so cool Smile
I come from central France. The spécialté here is the goat cheese, the valençais.
There is also the reuilly wine. And we have a tradition in my area is the "pâté de pâques". Eggs and minced meat covered with puff pastry.

Bertin pauline

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Nov 07, 2016 1:36 pm

I come from Leicester where the speciality is Curry. We have more than 100 Indian/Pakistani restaurants.

My home village is known for Pork pies and Stilton Cheese.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Nov 07, 2016 1:37 pm

Charlotte ILIOU wrote:You know what, in Brittany there is a proverb very true and interesting !!! "In Brittany, it is only rainning on the idiots" !! haha Smile

Embarassed

In England it only rains on the gifted.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Aurélie Mertz Mon Nov 07, 2016 1:45 pm

Hello everyone!
I come from Loraine and in this area there is the famous "Quiche Loraine", a kind of pizza. Then we have the "Madelaine", a delicious little cake. We have the fruit "Mirabelle" and with this fruit we do tarts and also alcohol. We also have the "Baba au Rhum", a dessert with rum, but I don't like it, I don't like dessert made with alcohol.

Aurélie Mertz

Back to top Go down

Post by ClaytonThibeaud Mon Nov 07, 2016 1:51 pm

Personaly, I come from Charente Maritime. But I prefer aaaaaall the specialities you mentionned, not mine. Because I don't really enjoy the specialities of Charente Maritime...
We have got oysters, and '' Cagouillles'' (snails in Charentais). Hmmm juste some good delicacies...
ClaytonThibeaud
ClaytonThibeaud

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next