UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

First discussion - Sport.

+22
Mathis Hayet
Cloé Meyraud
Baptiste Durassier
Binson Mathilde
Damien Marbeuf
Léo Meirinhos
tom renoulleau
mjarrau
nicolasrenaudon
Valentin Delias
Rémy Naceri
desaunay amaury
Remi Vergnaud
LixCorentin
Oliver Hobson
Marion Gilet
diogocalheirosantamarinha
Onillon Dorian
deniaud hugo
Weiss Romain
Louis
Admin
26 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

First discussion - Sport. Empty First discussion - Sport.

Post by Admin Mon Oct 01, 2018 12:26 pm

So you've chosen to talk about sport for your first subject - it's a very large subject so hopefully you can write something interesting for me to read. It's a homework activity and should be finished before next Monday's class.

Enjoy.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

First discussion - Sport. Empty Re: First discussion - Sport.

Post by Louis Thu Oct 04, 2018 5:11 pm

BOUCHET Louis
APSA3
                                                                The sport :

The word sport comes from English by the word "desport" which means to fun, to distraction. The pioneering country of sport is England. In the 1850s, sport was practiced only by aristocrats, and it was a taboo that women and children played sports. It was in 1960, that the sport takes an important place in the whole world, thanks to the television. The first event broadcast on TV is the J-O of Tokyo in 68.

Louis

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Oct 04, 2018 5:28 pm

Thanks for starting it off Louis.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Weiss Romain Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:04 pm

The sport is a physical activity who can be practice in competition or for hobbies.
In England, the sport is popular than football with one of the best world championship (premier league) or the rugby who is the very popular, and he is of English origin. But there is to a typical English sport than cricket,polo, the croquet or the lawn bowling. Moreover, the countries of Commonwealth participate in the Commonwealth games who is a competition as Olympic games but just for this countries.
So the sport is implanted in the English culture.

Weiss Romain

Back to top Go down

First discussion - Sport. Empty The sport

Post by deniaud hugo Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:55 am

The sport is good for more choose, for the health, for the body and for the mental. The sport is practice by everybody, but some sport are reserved to the high social class because it's an expensive sport like golf. But other sport is not expensive, and everybody can practice this sport like football or rugby.

deniaud hugo

Back to top Go down

Post by Onillon Dorian Sun Oct 07, 2018 1:24 pm

Onillon
Dorian
APSA3

Sport can be play in tow ways, individually and collectivly. For exemple rugby. Rugby was creat at the end of the 19th century in England. This sport is played at 15 players in the field. There is not defenders or attacker but we can see 2 different units: the front says " big man" ( numbered 1 at 8 ) and back guys also says "handsome man" ( numbered 9 at 15 ). Rugby is one of the few collective sport called combat. It is said that it is a sport of crude made by gentlemen.

Onillon Dorian

Back to top Go down

Post by diogocalheirosantamarinha Sun Oct 07, 2018 3:14 pm

Sport is the exercise of a physical activity in a competitive goal or just in a well-being goal, the origine of the most part of sports was in the United Kingdom. The most popular sports in the world are the football, the basketball and the rugby, they are the most popular because they are the sports who have the bigger media diffusion and they are the most practiced sports.

diogocalheirosantamarinha

Back to top Go down

Post by Marion Gilet Sun Oct 07, 2018 5:09 pm

When we think of the word of sport, the image which comes us to mind it's a person who run or who spends some energy. But in reality the sport is not representative of this image. Indeed it's more complex than that. Everybody has their own definition of this practice. According to the CNOSF it's about an activity with rules, competitive, motor and institutionalized which means that it's in a federation.

Marion Gilet

Back to top Go down

First discussion - Sport. Empty Sport Oliver Hobson

Post by Oliver Hobson Sun Oct 07, 2018 5:24 pm

First discussion - Sport. Screen Shot 2018-10-07 at 17.23.12
my English homework

Oliver Hobson

Back to top Go down

First discussion - Sport. Empty Sport définition

Post by LixCorentin Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:54 pm

The Word "Sport" is coming from desport wich signify amusement. It's so dificult to define sports because of many différents définitions. In my opinion I do sport when I'm doing physical activity.

LixCorentin

Back to top Go down

Post by Remi Vergnaud Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:57 pm

Vergnaud Remi

Everybody got a personnal definition of sport because everybody have practiced sport in his lyfe. But the CNOSF says sport is an activity competitive institutionalized motor and with rules and for me I'am agree with this definition. For exemple I like sport it's why I'am in STAPS I practice football every week I'am passionate of sport and more particulary by football but I also watch a lot of sports on TV like rugby or basketball.

Remi Vergnaud

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:00 pm

Oliver Hobson wrote:First discussion - Sport. Screen Shot 2018-10-07 at 17.23.12
my English homework

No
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

First discussion - Sport. Empty rugby

Post by desaunay amaury Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:48 pm

The legend want that the rugby was born in the college of Rugby in England.According to this legend a day during November 1823 a student call William Webb Ellis took the ball on his hand and start running during a football game.But the origin of this sport are probably older because during the antiquity the game where the hands are used can be considered like the ancestor of the rugby.The real rugby come during the XIX ème century in the colleges in England

desaunay amaury

Back to top Go down

Post by Rémy Naceri Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:05 pm

My sport is the triathlon. The triathlon is often considered like an extreme sport because it's an sport who rally three different sports. The problem with this sport is that for be strong, it takes a good level in the three disciplines. The triathlon is very knew for her reindeer event: the "Iron Man" with big distances. In the triathlon, there are principaly three official events: the aquathlon (just swim and run), the duathlon (run, bike, run) and the triathlon (swim, bike, run).

Rémy Naceri

Back to top Go down

First discussion - Sport. Empty The Sport

Post by Valentin Delias Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:37 pm

Delias Valentin
APSA 3

The sport :

The sport brings together different activities, such as football, rugby, volleyball and much more. I personally practice football, it's a team sport that opposes two teams. For me, football is a way to free oneself, it also allows to acquire a spirit of solidarity. Finally, football remains a way of entertainment that we share with his friends

Valentin Delias

Back to top Go down

First discussion - Sport. Empty The Sport

Post by nicolasrenaudon Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:52 pm

The word « sport » is shot at the base of the fun.

The sport is a physical activity where many people practice this one since some years. This activity is designed to keep fit, improve its performance, have relations with other persons or to please yourself. The sport allows to have a good self-image

This one can be practice in group, this is a collectif sport as the football or basketball, if not the sport can be individual, as athletic sport or boxing.

nicolasrenaudon

Back to top Go down

First discussion - Sport. Empty The sport

Post by mjarrau Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:58 pm

The "sporting term has for root the word of old French desport which means " entertainment, physical pleasure or the spirit ".
Before, the sport was defined as a simple pleasure, nowadays, the stakes has evolved. Physical activity exercised in the sense of the game and the effort, and the practice of which supposes a methodical training and the respect for rules. All the physical exercises being in the form of individual or collective games, generally giving rise to competition, practised by observing certain precise rules.

APS3
MAXIME JARRAU

mjarrau

Back to top Go down

First discussion - Sport. Empty rugby

Post by tom renoulleau Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:05 pm

The rugby union is native of England and developed at the end of the XIXth century in the Anglo-Saxon countries. The rugby union, which deceives in teams fifteen players on the ground with the replacements, is the variant the most practised of the rugby, the family of team sports, specificities of which are the mêlées and the touches, putting in the grips two teams which quarrel an oval ball, played the hand and the foot. The objective of the game is to mark more points than the opponent, by tries (giving the right to transformations), the purposes of penalty or still by drop kicks (kicks fallen in the course of the game). Nowadays, the try is worth five points and seven if it is transformed, the drop kick and the purpose (of penalty) are worth three points each.

tom renoulleau

Back to top Go down

First discussion - Sport. Empty Sport Léo

Post by Léo Meirinhos Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:19 pm

The sport is a physical practice. It will be individual or for a team. We can play with friends for entertainment or against other person for match. Sports most popular are football, rugby, handball or tennis. But it depends in which country. There is a lot of star in different sport, for example Zinedine Zidane and Cristiano Ronaldo for the football, Lebron James and Tony Parker for the Basketball.

Léo Meirinhos

Back to top Go down

Post by Damien Marbeuf Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:30 pm

Sport can be a hobbie or a competition, it’s depending of the point of view. Personally, I play judo for the pleasure, and I do competition too. People can practice sport for many reasons, like the health, the pleasure, the desire to learn new things or technical. It exist many sports, individual or collective, in many places, like tatami for the judo, stadium for foot and rugby, or in the water for swim, canöe, etc. So, everybody can practice the sport he likes.

Damien Marbeuf

Back to top Go down

First discussion - Sport. Empty Sport

Post by Binson Mathilde Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:33 pm

The word sport comes from desport or disport, wich is used during The Middle Ages to entertainement, the amusement.
The sport is a physical activity, wich is pratised for the leisure or the competition, the pleasure or the perfomance, for the amateurs or the professionals. It's individual or collective, when we are actors or a spectator.

Binson Mathilde

Back to top Go down

Post by Baptiste Durassier Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:27 am

Sport is knew by everybody, everywhere and since a long time. It can take a lot of differents forms. Some sports are practise using accessories for example ball like the rugby or rackets like the badminton. It can use animals like horse riding. However, you can practise sport without use any objects, swimming and running are perfects example. Sport can be individual or in team, it can be practise as a hobby or in a competitive way. To my opinion, sport is a lifestyle including the respect of each other's, the mutual aid and surpassesing oneself. But it is first of all a passion.

Baptiste Durassier

Back to top Go down

Post by Cloé Meyraud Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:30 am

Sport is natural because sport is an effort and an effort is natural so sport is natural. You can play sport with a goal for the performance, for the health, to losing weight or to relax and have fun with friends for example. Sport concerned all of us, and it is in lots of culture. It evolved a lot in the history.

Cloé Meyraud

Back to top Go down

Post by Mathis Hayet Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:44 am

Sport is an exiting activity that brings people together around a common passion that are the values of sport.Sport help to maintain good healt and to discover many values that will serve us all your lives.Sport is develloping more and more in society and continue to evolve and improve.Sport is also a way of connecting with others and sharing the same goal.

Mathis Hayet

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlie07 Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:47 am

Sport can be described very differently depending on people. But for a few people it is essential to there lives. For me sport is a way to express myself and to clear my head. As well as being great fun and a good passion, it is very good for our health. My favorite sport is football and it has been my passion all my life and my dads before me.

Charlie07

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next