UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Group B Discussion 3

+15
louis-charpentier
Alex MOLIN PRADEL
Joaquin Bachelier
thomasbrosseau
Mathilde BAJON
puech lily
Emma Allegre
gaétane soulet
CHAVAGNAT Louis
Chloé Cardin
Antoine Czubkowski
BREILLAD Enzo
Maxime Boisson
Chloé Demarville
Admin
19 posters

Go down

Group B Discussion 3 Empty Group B Discussion 3

Post by Admin Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:27 pm

This week's discussion is about life in Angouleme. Do you feel safe in the streets at night. What is there to do? Is it a good place to live? After the violence last week have your views changed? etc...

Have fun - and do it BEFORE the class!!!!!!!
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Group B Discussion 3 Empty Re: Group B Discussion 3

Post by Chloé Demarville Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:41 pm

Hello, today I'm going to talk about life in Angouleme. The last week in Angouleme, around thirty young people attacked a bus with baseball bats. Unfortunalety, this kind of thing can arrive wherever. To remedy it, it would be necessary to set up policemen in the city. However this event, I think that Angouleme is a good city to live because there's everything in the city, we can find numerous stores, there is numerous buses ans sporting premises everywhere in the city.

Chloé Demarville

Back to top Go down

Post by Maxime Boisson Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:59 pm

Hello, the life in Angouleme is complicated when you went La Rochelle because it's the better city in a word. But today I leave in the center of Angouleme and step by step I'm start to like this city because the view is very good and the panorama is very large. But the thirday night, the student party, in Angouleme are not good. In the day or the night, I see lot of strange people, it's not a joke ! So I hope to have my year for leave this city, i'm sorry but I need to do party

Maxime Boisson

Back to top Go down

Post by BREILLAD Enzo Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:33 pm

After having done all the high school years in the city of La Rochelle, coming to Angouleme is quite sad. Living far from the ocean is already a very difficult thing for me. In Angoulême life is very different and there is not this "atmosphere" that there was in La Rochelle. In the evening the ries are deserted and the city itself is not pleasant I think. It's a gray city and people do not look happy. Tout beau honest, it's impossible for me tiendrai rest here the weekend because i'm borring ans i'm not on a good mood.

BREILLAD Enzo

Back to top Go down

Post by Antoine Czubkowski Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:24 pm

Hello, i do my homework before the class ! Smile
Last years in L1, i walked in angouleme aproximatly at 6pm and it was rainning. I go out a music shop in the center of Angouleme and 5 young people aproximatly 18 years old came to me. It was not a good guys and one of them walked to me with an agressiv attitude. I looked him in their eyes and his friend make a big noise to scared me. I'm stayed calm and a lot of adrenaline increased. They continue to walk and go away from my road.
I know Angouleme is not very secured but its the same in other cities. Angouleme is not an attractive city except "BD" exposition or the culture of "BD" / comics. At night is dead. nothing in the streed except in a pub where they have students but not all the day.

Antoine Czubkowski

Back to top Go down

Post by Chloé Cardin Wed Oct 03, 2018 4:31 pm

Hey, this week I give my opinion about life in Angoulême, and I can said like my rochelais friends, that it's difficult to change city, because here we are far of ocean, far of surf, far of childhood friends, family, event hosted… Here when you take a transport, the drivers don't say "hello", people are not enjoy, night it's really freacky, sometimes I can't wait to bring the week-end. But Angoulême is as a beautiful city, with a beautiful landscape, with the view of remparts, and they are a good level in handball, it's more interesting to progress with them, that implies to remain some (many) week-end…

Chloé Cardin

Back to top Go down

Post by CHAVAGNAT Louis Wed Oct 03, 2018 6:05 pm

Hello Sir,
Today we need to talk about life in Angoulême. After living one year in this town, I can tell you that there are very little things to do but if you don't want to do party, I think you can make pleasure to live here. Indeed the rolling landscape is beautiful so that counterbalance the lack of activities.

CHAVAGNAT Louis

Back to top Go down

Post by gaétane soulet Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:45 am

hello,
I'm going to talk about my life in Angoulême. I live on Angoulême but on the periphery, I have to admit that I am not going out too much in town because I live far enough from it. But anyway, the little I'm going to town, I don't feel too safe because especially at night there's a lot of sdf or people hanging out and so it's a little scary. I think there are good places to entertain or decontract in town like bars or others. After what happened last week, nothing changed.

gaétane soulet

Back to top Go down

Post by Emma Allegre Thu Oct 04, 2018 6:51 pm

Hello,

Today I'm going to talk about my vision of Angoulême. After passing one year in Rennes I hoped find the sun and the heat of South West, but Angoulême is not really the south west with sun... I'm sad now.
But the life in Angoulême is really peaceful, despite recent events. I think, it is not really advisable to go out alone in the night, but it's like that everywhere in every cities (like Bordeaux, Paris, are probably worst..)
The environment is nice, with the Charente, St Yriex lake, green garden, and the countryside not far.

Emma Allegre

Back to top Go down

Post by puech lily Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:29 pm

Hi John, like I am the best student lol! , I always answer before the class. So, Angoulême is just my student city and I already knew it's a bad city (probably the baddest in Charente Twisted Evil ). Like I live next to Angoulême in La Couronne, and just the week, I don't feel in danger, especially that I'm always with friends. I think it's probably dangerous in Angoulême's center, it's too bad because it's really a cute city.

puech lily

Back to top Go down

Post by Mathilde BAJON Sat Oct 06, 2018 11:22 am

Hello,
I live in the countryside near Angoulême, so unlike many of my classmate, I haven’t left my city to study here. Of course Angoulême is not a big city, so there isn’t a lot of things to do during evening and night, but in the daytime, there are a lot of stores, restaurants, cafés, and also green spaces where you can have a walk or simply chill with friends. To conclude, I would like to say that even if there is not the sea nearby, there is one thing there is in Angoulême and not in La Rochelle : STAPS, and that’s why Angoulême is, after all, not that bad.

Mathilde BAJON

Back to top Go down

Post by thomasbrosseau Sun Oct 07, 2018 3:32 pm

Hello
This week I'm gonna talk about life in Angoulème city, I don't care about the security in this city because it's the same thing in all the cities but in this city, people are strange. The life here isn't good, I hate this city because it's impossible to take the car because there are works in every streets everywhere and there is a very bad smell I think it's the fault of all the factory who destroy the landscape already not very beautiful. I hope I'm gonna have my L2 because I want to quit this city quickly. Maybe I hate this city because La Rochelle is a good city. But I can't like Angoulème city.

thomasbrosseau

Back to top Go down

Post by Joaquin Bachelier Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:30 pm

Hello,
This week, i'm going to talk about life in Angoulême.
The life in this city is calm apart the violence last week. I don't fell safe in Angoulême and everywhere else because there is always tragic events in each part of the world so we have to do with and it have not to be afraid of that. I think we have to do what we want, when we want because it's the only reason (for me) to fight all those problems. So, no, my views of this city did not change.
I don't like Angoulême, i think it is a special city... i have the impression people are weird compared to La rochelle for exemple. So, i can't really tell what there is to do here because i don't go out a lot.

Joaquin Bachelier

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex MOLIN PRADEL Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:56 am

Today, I'm going to talk about life in Angouleme.
For my part I do not know much Angouleme because it's just over a month since I arrived in Charente.
But last weekend I parked my car on a parking lot in Angouleme and I found it with two broken windows. Fortunately, the gendarmes were able to arrest the young people who broke them.
With this bad experience it makes me say that Angouleme is not a city where we are very safe.

Alex MOLIN PRADEL

Back to top Go down

Post by louis-charpentier Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:43 pm

Hello!! I'm going to talk about the life in AAANNNNGOOOULEMME.
I'm in Angoulème since 3 years and I think it's a good city but i'm not in angoulème during the week-end so i'm don't feel in danger. But i don't live in angoulème during the rest of my life because i have the impression that people are old than the people in the other city and for the student angoulème isn't a city who proposed a lot of think to occupate there students.

louis-charpentier

Back to top Go down

Post by Clementiine Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:56 pm

The city of Angouleme has never been safe for me. Many of my friends were abused (stealing or stabbing), and are saved with luck. Myself having already verbally abused me several times at night in Angouleme. It's not a city where security is everywhere, but no other city is necessarily safer.
More, the events occurred in Angouleme are not exceptional, several acts of the same kind happen regularly but are not published by media.

Clementiine

Back to top Go down

Group B Discussion 3 Empty Life in Angoulême

Post by JessieJ Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:01 pm

Hello Mr Cox, today I'm going to talk about my life in Angoulême.
Go out in Angoulême are not excited than La Rochelle where I lived before but I like to go out for a walk, the city center of Angoulême are really beautiful of my point of view.
Finally for last week's incidents, for me, it doesn't change much because I not for habit to go out in Angoulême at night.

JessieJ

Back to top Go down

Post by DONNARY Louis Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:36 pm

Angoulême is a great city because she is quiet, it is a big city of campaign and I like the campaign as well as the tranquillity contrary to that of Paris even if she is more beautiful, she is far too urban and I do not like that there is too many people.

DONNARY Louis

Back to top Go down

Post by Maxence Mathieu Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:44 pm

Hello everybody, today we have to speak about the life in Angoulême. I don't really like the life in Angoulême, I don't really like the life in cities. I prefer the life in countryside because it's very calm. But there are more things to do in the city. With the event of this week, I confirm my position about the city and Angoulême

Maxence Mathieu

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum