UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Group C Discussion 6

+5
Maeva Faverjon
Chagrelle Owen
Léa Barraud
Carteron Claire
Admin
9 posters

Go down

Group C Discussion 6 Empty Group C Discussion 6

Post by Admin Tue Oct 23, 2018 12:26 pm

Chosen by Charlotte:

Group C Discussion 6 Halloween-hero-1

Halloween or other festivals.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Group C Discussion 6 Empty Re: Group C Discussion 6

Post by Carteron Claire Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:30 pm

Halloween is a traditional folk and heathen festival native of Anglos-Celtic islands celebrated in the evening of October 31st, the day before of the Christian party of the All Saints' Day.
If Europe did not really adopt this commercial party, in the United States, we ruin ourselves for Halloween which is the most expensive second party for the wallet of the Americans after Christmas

Carteron Claire

Back to top Go down

Post by Léa Barraud Thu Oct 25, 2018 7:58 pm

Halloween is a celebration celebrate on 31 october for children like for big. It is deaths celebration. For this celebration, children can dress up in vampire,in witch, in pumpkin, in mummy, in skeleton and with full of other costume who make fear. they will so knock at the doors and ask trick or treat. Halloween it is also at the moment for watch horrors films. Personally, halloween isn’t my favorite celebration.

Léa Barraud

Back to top Go down

Post by Chagrelle Owen Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:40 pm

I have some remember about Halloween... we know that's a celebration in 31 October. In first that is a death celebration, this is the day which people brings chrysanthemum on tomb.
But for children it's more a game, a day to dress up with costumes which make fear and to go knock at the door and ask trick or treat.
When I was young, with my best friend, we knocked at all the door of subdivision and at the end of the day we have collect a full box of candy each.
A second memory but I was older and that was a day with some alcohol, so men naked and cops. We were young... Laughing

Chagrelle Owen

Back to top Go down

Post by Maeva Faverjon Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:28 pm

Halloween originally, it was a Celtic holiday (mainly Scotland and Ireland), which was called Samain's Day (God of the Dead). At that time in Ireland, the last day of the year was October 31st. It was thought that during that night the spirits would come back to haunt the world of the living. Lights and lanterns were then lit to ward off evil spirits. There were also scarecrows and scary characters made from pumpkins and other seasonal vegetables.
Later, when a large Irish population immigrated to the United States, their traditions traveled with them and developed. We remember that Halloween is an American holiday, but at the beginning it's a European holiday - Irish / Scottish

Maeva Faverjon

Back to top Go down

Post by Renouard Mélys Thu Nov 01, 2018 3:21 pm

Hello John,
Halloween is a celebration observed in several countries on 31 october's. It's the day before the Christian holiday of the Toussain. His name can be translated as the day before all the saints. In the beginning, it's a legacy of the Pagan festival of Samain that was celebrated in early autumn by the Celts and was for them a kind of New Year's party.
Halloween is today a tradition where children dress up in a scary costume like ghosts, witch, vampire... and ask for sweets with a formula " Trick or treat".

Renouard Mélys

Back to top Go down

Post by Amaury Babin Tue Nov 13, 2018 12:08 am

Hi Johnny,
Halloween is a celebration celebrate on 31 october for children like for big.
In the beginning, it's a legacy of the Pagan festival of Samain that was celebrated in early autumn by the Celts and was for them a kind of New Year's party.
In the United States, we ruin ourselves for Halloween which is the most expensive second party for the wallet of the Americans after Christmas
I was older and that was a day with some alcohol, so men naked and cops.

Amaury Babin

Back to top Go down

Group C Discussion 6 Empty Group C topic 6

Post by Geoffrey Belon Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:24 pm

Hello sir Cox,

Halloween is a party that takes place on the night of October 31 to November 1. It is celebrated mainly by Anglo-Saxon people. Traditionally, children wear scary costumes. They disguise themselves as ghosts, vampires or witches to ring the doors of the neighborhood asking for candies or pastries.
But also, the houses are decorated with pumpkins and black orange accessories.

Geoffrey Belon

Back to top Go down

Post by abocquet Mon Nov 26, 2018 7:49 am

Halloween is a tradition that I love. I have great memories as a child, it was a day waited all year : the day when you can eat as much candy as you want, it's wonderful! I remember celebrating it in a very small country village, with my brother and sister. The people were really very generous ; a house even had a BROWN filled with sweets, it's crazy! Our nocturnal excursions for the candy harvest was sometimes scary but most of all very very funny. I regret that this day is less and less celebrate, it is a tradition that is lost in France

abocquet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum