UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Group D Discussion 3

+13
Gaborit Valentin
Philomène Pagnoux
Clémentine Canon
Angeline Da Costa
Mathis FARDIN
melvin migeon
Brian Coudert
Johan Mary
Honorine
GENTILHOMME Benjamin
Penalva Théo
SERE Hugo
Admin
17 posters

Go down

Group D Discussion 3 Empty Group D Discussion 3

Post by Admin Wed Oct 03, 2018 3:36 pm

Life in Angouleme. What's it like compared to other places? Do you feel safe in the evening? Are there places you would not go into? Where are the places to go to? What are your general thoughts on Angouleme? Is it a good place to live? Etc....
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Group D Discussion 3 Empty Re: Group D Discussion 3

Post by SERE Hugo Wed Oct 03, 2018 5:11 pm

Hello COX,
It's the places of art, but with times we lost this notion. It's my third years here, so , the street look the same for me. The night I haven't very afraid but I know if is not safe. I wuoldn't recommend the street Besson Bey and Grelet the night. I recommend the Champ de Mars, Les Halles, L'Hotel de Ville.
I think it's a city with again it's charm, it's a beautyfull city, it's the same with others city, a beautyfull places and disadvised place.

SERE Hugo

Back to top Go down

Post by Penalva Théo Wed Oct 03, 2018 6:27 pm

Hello John Cox,
Angoulême looks like to be a city full of history. The Cathedral who you can see by far has survived for centuries.
I don't know very well this city because last year I was in Angers. Angoulême I think, has a smaller population than Angers but the landscape is more rolling.
I live in la Couronne and I never have any problem about security.
So at the moment I am loving it

Penalva Théo

Back to top Go down

Group D Discussion 3 Empty Angoulême

Post by GENTILHOMME Benjamin Thu Oct 04, 2018 5:38 pm

Hi John,

Angoulême, the city of the art. I live in the old part of the city is it has nothing artistic.
Streets are not safe at night and it is better to avoid the side streets which line the city center after 23 hours.
There is only a district of bars (Champ de Mars) which is on coach there are a lot of people and many friends generally.

In general, Angoulême is pleasant to live but that is not worth Soulac Sur Mer.

GENTILHOMME Benjamin

Back to top Go down

Post by Honorine Thu Oct 04, 2018 5:40 pm

Hello !
This is the second year I live in Angoulême. I think the city is not very pretty apart from the city center and some nice monuments.
After, Angouleme remains a small family town compared to other places like Bordeaux. But, the number of students increases every year which makes it more attractive and innovates new things. In the evening, I do not feel too safe ... I will not have fun to go home alone, there are places to avoid ...
The places to go would be more in the city center. I think Angoulême is not the worst city in France, it is improving but I will not stay here.

Honorine

Back to top Go down

Post by Johan Mary Sat Oct 06, 2018 12:44 pm

Hello John,
Angoulême is a city for people who love art, cinema, theater ...
Personally I do not go to the city often, I am someone from the countryside.
But I know some nice places like a very nice bar called "Pura Vida" ... if you like good cocktails and tapas, this is where you have to go! In addition the boss is an old globe-trotter so he is very open-minded ... but he still speaks Spanish Smile
After if we go out regularly to Angoulême we can quickly know everything !
Johan Mary
Johan Mary

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Coudert Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:58 pm

Hi John,
For this week we gonna talk about the life in Angouleme ... Are you serious ? Shocked
So, I live in Angouleme since 2 years, and I can tell in Angouleme we don't have some interesting activities except the cinema and the bowling eventually if not it is so boring.
In terms of security, I feel safe despite we can heard lot of things about violence in the suburbs of Angouleme, I'm not scared in the street. Also I can tell I'm at the opposite of Soyaux so it's more reassuring, in my quarter it is very calm, it is a residence with lot of students.

Brian Coudert

Back to top Go down

Post by melvin migeon Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:26 pm

Hello John,
I live in Angoulême since 16 years and so I known this one a little. I can say that I feel in security when I go to the center of the city because there is always somebody (at certain times of the night). And for the big gatherings like le salon de la BD, le Circuit des Remparts, police are present everywhere.
There is also many things to having fun with friends like Vertigo, lazer game, booling... I feel very good in this city. The only thing I can reproach is the rarity of roads full of curves in which I could more have fun on motorcycles.

melvin migeon

Back to top Go down

Post by Mathis FARDIN Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:33 pm

Good evening

I was born in Angoulême, and I want not to live here my whole life. There are beautiful places, the town is not too bad but it is a bit boring, not really much activities to do. The town's center is a bit dead, ervery shops are in commercial areas. This city is living thanks to the "Festival du film francophone", "Circuit des remparts", "Festival de la bande dessinée" that made this city known at the international. There is not a good ambiance in it.

Mathis FARDIN

Back to top Go down

Post by Angeline Da Costa Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:44 pm

Hello,

I don't know exactly the city of Angouleme because I live here since too few weeks, but my first impression is the following. The center is a lovely neighborhood with old architecture but still in good conditions. Far away some streets are so dirty, old and damage.
About the reputation I feel safe if I need to go out later but only on big streets. Into the smallers, I need someone to cross them

Angeline Da Costa

Back to top Go down

Post by Clémentine Canon Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:00 pm

If I had to compare the city of Angouleme with that of Poitiers, I could say that it is two cities have a beautiful city center. However Angouleme seems less dynamic, less festive.

Then Angoulême is not a city, with a negative reputation on the population that occupies it so yes we feel safe. Nevertheless as in any city there are places where I will not go at night such as «  Champs de Manoeuvre »for example.

Finally, the general thoughts are very different from one city to another on Angouleme. Some people tell us that Angouleme is a city with a beautiful center and beautiful scenery but it is a less attractive cities than Poitiers for example. Others we tell this is a quiet, warm, pretty cities, with lots of activities. Opinions are divided.

Clémentine Canon

Back to top Go down

Post by Philomène Pagnoux Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:14 am

Hello, today I am going to speak about the life in Angoulême. I am origininary of Angoulême, but I have ever leaved in Tours. To compare, Angoulême is a small city, with no many shops, but a beautiful center. It is a good city for people who want to be quiet. If you want a city with many activities, many evenings and many students you should go in a big city like Bordeaux or Tours, because student nights in Angoulême are not with many people.
Angoulême is a mediatised city because there is the BD festival and all authors of Europe can be here during one week. What's more, there is the film festival and actors like Jean Dujardin can come during a week or a week-end. So Angoulême isn't a city to do parties and be a student, but it is a good city for BD and films.

Philomène Pagnoux

Back to top Go down

Post by Gaborit Valentin Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:24 am

Angoulême is not a big student town. Just I prefer Angoulême when it have "le circuit des remparts" because we can see beautiful car. This city is quiet, sometimes there are problems, like when young people attacked a bus with bats and sabers. After that Angoulême have another attractive events like "Le salon de la BD", "Les Foulées d'Angoulême", and we have a team of rugby in Pro D2, SA XV.

Gaborit Valentin

Back to top Go down

Post by Yohana Dumont Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:30 am

Hello !
Angoulême is big city. Angoulême is represented as a city of art with a comic festival or film festival... Angoulême is represented as a city of Middle Age with its remparts and the big monuments like a lot of cathedral and church. I feel safe but sometimes, evenings, to Basseau or Soyaux, we can find people a little unhealthy. I prefer to go to the center of Angoulême because it's more beautiful. I dislike Angoulême because, Ithink, I prefer the small city like Saintes or Rochefort. And I prefer to be next to the sea. I dislike Angoulême because I think the weather is bipolar because in the same day, we can have rain, good weather, a storm ...
I would like to live in Saintes because it's a small city, next to the sea.

Yohana Dumont

Back to top Go down

Post by Lajoie Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:38 am

Hello,
Today I am going to talk about Angoulême. I think it's a good city with different good places. There is everything you need. Angouleme is bigger than Brive and I prefer because there are more interesting things. There are a lot of beatiful places. Indeed, Angoulême is famous for it's festival of comic book.
It is a welcoming city with all kinds of neighborhoods. I feel good in this city.
Sport also has a fairly important place.

Lajoie

Back to top Go down

Post by Marceau Jarrossay Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:54 am

Hello John,

To begin, I leave in Angoulême for 20 years and I'm 20 years old. I was born here, and Angoulême is sad for the young, but it's very calm for the old, it's peaceful and perfect to my grandparents. It is not dangereous, you're safe at night, it's not advisable to go to the champs de mars it's just a little dangerous. Comparate to Bordeaux, there is a little commercial center, it's impossible to do shopping, there is little night club, in bordeaux there is everything it's perfect to study. If you want to drink a beer I advice café chaud or the Kennedy.

See you soon to drink beer here

Marceau Jarrossay

Back to top Go down

Post by Benjamin Boux Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:31 am

I was born in angoulême, so I know this city very well. this city is small so I feel safe, there is very little place where I do not feel safe. however after 20 years this city becomes just too small and I would like to change. I would like to go further in France, to get closer to the mountains, in the east.

Bye

Benjamin Boux

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum