UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Both groups : Christmas

+15
Babis Papageorgiou
Cheick
Diana Gashi 1
farah ayedi
iman ghouzi
Chloé Gailledrat
Clothilde Pluchart
Manon Saroul
Emeline Giffard
Amelie Trarieux
Damaye Alexis
Axelle Cantone
ELISANGELA
Cédric Bourgeois
Admin
19 posters

Go down

Both groups : Christmas Empty Both groups : Christmas

Post by Admin Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:47 pm

Memories, personal traditions, favourite films and songs etc...

Last edited by Admin on Fri Jan 25, 2019 2:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Both groups : Christmas Empty Re: Both groups : Christmas

Post by Cédric Bourgeois Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:31 am

I hope that everyone bought his advent calendar santa

Last edited by Cédric Bourgeois on Sat Dec 08, 2018 3:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Cédric Bourgeois
Cédric Bourgeois

Birthday : 1995-02-08

Back to top Go down

Post by ELISANGELA Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:39 pm

Hellooooo guys! Christmas is a tradition also In Brazil. I know most of us have forgotten the real meaning of Christmas but I like this time of year anyway. I trust in Jesus and I don't know when he was borning but I know he is all about love and forgiveness and I see people are warmer at this time, we are more helpful, we think more about people who don't have the same financial conditions to have a good meal or the children who don't have their parents to be with.

In Brazil we have this "spirit of Christmas" but it's more about eating till you die and wear new clothes  Rolling Eyes We have a meal with our families ou best friends at 24th midnight and most of us eat a turkey. My family nope, we do all this but at noon ate 25th. We serve also a turkey with a mayonnaise salad and rice...

I remember once my mon and a friend prepared a ton of food and set the table. We went to the church to pray and when we came back the cat has tried all the food and left us only the mayonnaise salad was in the fridge  lol!  

Every year Robert Carlos has a Special Show. In this video, he partnered up with Marisa Monte. She is one of my favorite singers in Brazil  santa

Merry Christmas !!!

ELISANGELA

Back to top Go down

Post by Axelle Cantone Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:37 am

Christmas topic, I really like it  santa
As you said Eli, the Christmas traditions are different from one country to another but also within the same country or within families. To give you an idea, I don't celebrate Christmas in the same way as my friends.

In my mind, Christmas is celebrated first of all on December 25th. I open my gifts (because yes I'm still a child) on the 25th when I get up. I remember that when I was young, my brothers made a deliberate noise to wake up the whole family. The tradition remained on December 25th. I love this Christmas atmosphere, exchanging gifts and being able to please others. I find it incredible. Christmas is for me the most beautiful time of the year, the people are warm, the streets are decorated, and the family is gathered.
I also celebrate on December 24 in the evening, I make a (hearty) meal with my family and then December 25 at noon.

Although this celebration (like all the others) is a little commercial, we buy beautiful dresses, we offer beautiful gifts, I think it's different. It allows to gather, to share a moment together and that's what is beautiful in the magic of Christmas rendeer

Axelle Cantone

Back to top Go down

Post by Damaye Alexis Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:47 am

I really like the Christmas spirit because when we was children, it was beautiful and magical celebration. But I find that since we grew up, the enchantment of this celebration has disappear and now for me it's just a way to have presents. So now, i feel nostalgic a bit about the Christmas of my childhood.
But it's always a pretty celebration because there are good plates and of course it's also occasions to drink. confused
Damaye Alexis
Damaye Alexis

Back to top Go down

Post by Amelie Trarieux Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:24 pm

Hi everyone,

Like most of us, I truly love Christmas and especially the "advent time" when we prepare the Christmas tree as a family, put some lights on and light up many candles. However, in the past few years, this period hasn't been as good as when I was young because my siblings all have too much work and same for my parents so I kind of do it on my own sometimes... (YES, I'd rather do this alone than study...)
On the evening of the 24th we have a nice meal with just my parents and siblings and then we go to Church and spend some time together back at home until a bit late chatting and listening to some Christmas songs. I'm also a dictator at home so I kind of demand that even when everyone is tired because I want to spend some stress-less time with them.
Then on the 25th we receive my family and have the best lunch ever with all the traditional foie gras, turkey, some beans, chestnut, and a beautiful Yule log. We offer the gifts just before lunch, once the entire family is there and the meal last HOURS.

I'm not really excited about this Christmas because I'm not gonna be home before the 22nd (as most of us), so I won't enjoy the advent times...

I also love Christmas because I love Christmas songs so here is one of my fav:
Amelie Trarieux
Amelie Trarieux

Back to top Go down

Post by Emeline Giffard Sat Dec 08, 2018 2:21 pm

Helloooooo !

Its that time of the year again ! WOOOHOOO

I've always LOVED Christmas. Not because of the presents, but because of the general mood : you can feel a certain excitment during this time, when you walk around in town, especially at night, with all the decorations and the lights ! (even though I do feel conflicted about the lights because it is kind of a waste of energy when you think about it). I have always been fascinated by the magical atmosphere that reigns during this period of the year.

Of course, Christmas also means gathering with you family after a long time. I'm always happy to see my uncles and my aunts because I don't get to see them often. AND THE FOOD haha even though I don't like many traditional Christmas dishes (like foie gras for example, how do you people even like that), its always a good excuse to eat like a ogre haha

But I also feel a little bit sad when Christmas is around, because it means that another year has gone, so I always feel a bit nostalgic too. Time flows way too fast.

And as everyone else, I LOVE CHRISTMAS SONGS. So, as everyone else before me, i'll drop here a little song from a artist that I really like :

bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce
Emeline Giffard
Emeline Giffard

Back to top Go down

Post by Manon Saroul Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:38 pm

Hi all ! How are you today ?

Christmas ... What's an amazing subject full of meaning !

I have so many beautiful memories of Christmas. I'm listening to one of my favorite Christmas songs and I can't hide from you that I feel a certain emotion. For me Christmas is before everything else a family celebration in which we have the pleasure of sharing a beautiful moment with our loved ones. It's a wonderful opportunity to get together for a great meal and to enjoy what you love. Of course, Christmas has evolved a lot for me. As a child, I could not fall asleep so much that I was excited to wake up after Santa Claus passed! I remember that my brother and I were first up! The night before, we left a glass of champagne or milk to Santa, with small cakes to thank him! The morning after waking we were always so happy to see that he had eaten everything! The magic of Christmas is  considerably faded the day we learn that Santa Claus unfortunately doesn't exist. Nothing is ever the same after that, even if we can always keep this belief in itself! Christmas is sometimes tainted by marketing, by the commercial side of things. But nothing prevents me to always appreciate this moment of the year, in which the exchanges are full of love and kindness. Then comes the moment when little children are part of our Christmas, we can then live again this magic of Christmas in their eyes: what happiness. I associate Christmas very easily with my grandparents because we spent most of these holidays at their home, around the good food of my granny and with its beautiful decoration and the sound of the beautiful Christmas albums of my grandpa. One of my favorite songs is a song that my grandfather particularly likes: "Petit papa Noël" by Tino Rossi. It's a song that moved me every time.

I leave you, I have a Christmas movie to go watch (yes, I know, it's always the same thing but I love it it's a good crazy!)

Christmas love and magic for everyone! <3

Manon Saroul

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:11 am

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Clothilde Pluchart Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:55 pm

Hi everyone,

Personally I love Christmas and for once I proposed a theme and elected it, thank you everyone it really makes me happy.

So let's come back to Christmas, personally I find that Christmas allows to keep a different celebration with a magical and magical universe whether it's in the street atmosphere with decorations, whether it's music, Christmas movies, Christmas meals and animals (like the reindeer I saw in Germany last year). The fact that during this time the family always meets and it is above all a time of sharing. When I was a kid, of course, I had an idealized Christmas vision, and I believed in all this magical universe. Over time, of course, I don't have the same vision of Christmas, but I love this period. Going to buy gifts for others, I really like it and I love the morning of the 25th to discover their reaction to their gift (of course when it is a surprise).

I also love everything we eat at Christmas, especially the greasy "fois gras" with gingerbread.

What I don't like so much is the period before Christmas when we have two weeks of intensive course left and we have to succeed in making the Christmas gifts and at the same time succeed this semester by returning all the files.

As for Christmas music, I don't have one I prefer compared to others I like them all in general. As long as it gives me the smile and the Christmas atmosphere.

For Christmas movies when I was a kid I watched the trilogy of these movies and I loved the spirit and all the little magic details of Christmas. (I couldn't put the picture in I don't understand how it works I'm sorry.) Crying or Very sad

Well, I'll stop talking about Christmas and wish you all a happy holiday and a lot of success, both professionally and personally. santa
Clothilde Pluchart
Clothilde Pluchart

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:01 pm

Is it not simply a commercial rip-off? A time when people who can't afford to buy gifts get into deeper debt that will make the following 12 months more of a misery?

Death and misery throughout the world, Maybe we few rich in the West should rethink our gifts and silly jumpers and help people who need it. Even if they are not Christians.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Chloé Gailledrat Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:37 pm

Hello everyone !
Christmas is one of my favorite celebration each year (just after my birthday and Halloween), what I love the most in Christmas is to spend it with my family and share. I like to take time choosing the best gift for each members of my family, sometimes I just see something and thinks "it's exactly for him/her !". I like to watch Christmas movies and cartoons with my family, see Christmas decorations in the street, drink hot chocolate and eat a lot during Christmas Eve !
I have got one question for all of you : Do you open you gift at Christmas Eve, the 24th evening, or at the 25th morning ? Have you got some traditions with your families ?
Chloé Gailledrat
Chloé Gailledrat

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:07 pm

When I had a family to celebrate with Sad we always waited until 25th to open presents. The anticipation is part of the excitement. By 25th night it's sadly mostly over. The build up to Christmas and the excitement of the children is everything.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by iman ghouzi Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:22 pm

Hi everyone !!!

even if i don't celebrate Christmas i like the atmosphere ... all the decorations and the lights make me happy. But i have to say that in Italy people have a more religious view of christmas than french people ... this could be just my impression but that's what i think .
In Morrocco even if we don't celebrate Christmas we have the street decorated in this period (not in every city of course but the biggest city are decorated). The mall are full of lights and decorations and people buy the sweets and the"buche de Noel" to eat it with their family ... but as i said in Morrocco we just have the atmosphere of Christmas and this because Morrocco was colonised for a long by France ( from which we took just what we wanted Laughing ).
iman ghouzi
iman ghouzi

Back to top Go down

Post by farah ayedi Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:02 pm

Hello!
I really like the atmosphere in this period of year espicially with decoration and lights in the streets also the songs and the mood.
In Tunisia we don't celebrate christmas but in the malls and the shopping centres they do Christmas trees and some decoration and there are some people who do the christmas tree in their homes just for decoration too.
I like that in this periode people are happy and glad to share happiness with their families and friends and how they are enjoying the event and offering gifts ot each others.
Although, I liked the decoraction in the dowtown of Angoulême, it makes it more beautiful Smile
Wish you happy christmas santa
farah ayedi
farah ayedi

Birthday : 1995-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Diana Gashi 1 Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:26 pm

Hello everyone,

So I do not celebrate Christmas so I can not talk about traditions, meals ect ..
Most of my friends are shocked when I tell them that I do not celebrate Christmas but for me it does not change anything because it has always been like that. At least I do not take my head thinking what a gift to buy haha. But I love the Christmas decorations, when the city lights up with all the lights is too beautiful !! For me it means the arrival of the new year. In fact, I'm celebrating the new year with my family. We meet, there is no feast even if we eat very well. I also have a tree, it symbolizes again the new year.
So, in any case I wish you all a Merry Christmas !!!

Diana Gashi 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheick Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:38 pm

Hello guys !!

Both groups : Christmas Cover-11
Christmas, a moment that I love very much even as a Muslim, I have always celebrated it thanks to a part of the family that is of Christian faith. What I appreciate about this celebration is above all the hahaha  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  lol holidays. Then, the change of scenery because everyone of you to create the best possible atmosphere at home. In addition, the TV programmes also adapt to the period by showing films on Christmas themes. By the way, when I first made you a little movie really made me feel like Christmas was "Mom, I missed the plane". I think you must already know him but in any case, I will advise him for Christmas if you want to laugh.

Cheick

Back to top Go down

Post by Babis Papageorgiou Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:54 pm

Hello everyone,

Behind Christmas there is a whole system of consumption- as in other popular celebrating days of the year such us Halloween, Saint Valentin etc.- structured perfectly one week before the NYE.

Nobody can decline that he/she isn't influenced by the atmosphere of Christmas.
I'm speaking about the Christmas' songs in the main streets, the decoration of the shops and the streets, the night lights of the town and the big trees in the cities' center.
And even if you don't leave in a big city the TV will influence you with all the sensitives advertisments and the movies concerning the christmas spirit and the true meaning of christmas etc.
Let's admit it that all are beautifull and built in order to consume.

For me, the importance of Christmas though is pretty clear out there and it's just the hope that gives the people the courage to have faith in a better tommorow even though these feelings last for a few days and even there isn't a better tomorow in capitalism haha!
Christmas is one more celebration for the children and here exactly is the reason why we are more sensitives the certain holidays.

P.S: I am sending you an article concerning 'What happens to the brain when we listen holiday music' not so scientific but still.

https://www.bustle.com/p/4-things-that-happen-in-your-brain-when-you-listen-to-holiday-music-13095554
Babis Papageorgiou
Babis Papageorgiou

Back to top Go down

Post by Victor Chevalier Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:20 pm

hi, I love Christmas, this is a very beautiful season, i like the atmosphere  the decoration especially decorate the Christmas tree with my family, every years we buy a big tree, sometime the tree is really too big. in my family for Christmas, we take the opportunity to eat, drink and have a fun and i love make gifts for my family . Also i like the Christmas movies , the last movie of Netflix "the Christmas chronicles" is very funny and i like the Grinch  but my favorite movie i think is "call me Claus".
Victor Chevalier
Victor Chevalier

Back to top Go down

Post by Meghane Cren Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:33 pm

Xmas ... BEST PERIOD OF THE YEAR ! Especially when it's snowing. (Yeah, I'm down in a romantic trip about this time of the year) I'm a bit like in the American mood concerning Xmas. I decorate excessively, I give free gifts, I eat like Joey in Friends (Wink), I spend my evenings in front of cartoons or film on the theme. Clearly I'm ANNOYING ! But hey, my parents are like me so we assume that it is by imitation system and I'm easily forgiven for all that.
And of course when we want to stay in the Christmas cliche, we think about the music of Mariah Carey, I let you appreciate it.

Otherwise, Xmas story ? Oh, I was a kid who particularly loved nonsense. But really ! So I was often threatened with being punished for Xmas. But that didn't stop me unfortunately ... I'll not tell you more for fear that Santa remembers these details and decides to boycott me this year.

I have only one hurry : to go home and find my family to celebrate this event, certainly commercial, but still a pretext to celebrate, eat well, and say how much we missed. And then, optionally, there are gifts. "optionally"Wink
Meghane Cren
Meghane Cren

Back to top Go down

Post by Léanne Imare Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:07 pm

Hey guys! So it's christmas time!
Of course best moment of the year.. too spend our money!
Christmas gift, christmas food, christmas cake and chocolate. New clothes for christmas and for the New Year. I don't have money for all of this!! And this year there is the "GALA". Why!!!!!
Too much money to spend. And, there is so much things that i'd like to buy (especially clothes  <3), but I can't. This is so sad... Crying or Very sad  But the good thing is that we can see our family.
What I like the most in Christmas is snow. But of course there is no snow and even less white Christmas since a few year. This year I can't enjoy what I like the mostin Christmass so I just gonna drink some coco (hot chocolate).Both groups : Christmas Coco10
Thinking about December it's also time to choose our new Miss France. Guys do you watch it or no? Why?
Léanne Imare
Léanne Imare

Back to top Go down

Post by Elsa RAUCHE LUCAS Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:22 pm

Hellooo the M1! 

What an interesting topic! I'll take advantage of this one to remember you that the ones who want to participate to the Christmas Party we'organized on tuesday have to give the money to Marceline and Florine on monday, deadline! 

I hope you'll all enjoy the party! 

Merry Christmas to you all  Very Happy
Elsa RAUCHE LUCAS
Elsa RAUCHE LUCAS

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down