UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Some Youtube channels I would like to recommend

+2
Admin
Emeline Giffard
6 posters

Go down

Some Youtube channels I would like to recommend  Empty Some Youtube channels I would like to recommend

Post by Emeline Giffard Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:37 pm

Hello people !

Today, I would like to share with you guys some of my Youtube subscriptions that actually helped me to improve my English ! Especially my oral comprehension, but it also helped me to improve the way I speak English.

Disclaimer : most of these channels deal with politics, because I try my best to keep up with what is happening all around the world. The way they handle the subject is however very different, with some of them doing it in a very serious way, while the others are more entertaining (according to me, of course).

Click on the names to be redirected to each channel on Youtube ! Very Happy

BBC News / CNN

Let's start with the less funny ones, but that are still really good to improve. I try to watch the news in English everyday, and I especially watch these two because one is British and the other one is American, which is great for accents too. It's also always good to have an international point of view of what's happening all around the world.

The Late Show with Stephen Colbert

This one is actually an American talk show, but you can also watch it on Youtube. Some of you guys might be familiar with the concept of talk shows. Like most of it, it's news satire : a genre that makes fun of comtemporary journalism. It's a really particular type of humour, that I personally really like, but I do know that it isn't everyone's cup of tea.

The Daily Show with Trevor Noah

This one is quite similar to the previous one, albeit less sarcastic in my opinion, even though it is still news satire. But I personnaly really like Noah, and the way he handles the subject of politics in the United States. This talk show is indeed very focused on whats happening in America.

The Last Week Tonight (YES I really like talk shows)

News satire again, but this one is weekly and not daily as the two previous ones. Usually, the videos are focused on one subject that is related to a important event that happened during the week, or a larger subject covering many events of the week. It is a bit more serious sometimes, while still keeping a certain humourous tone. I find it great for personal knowledge too sometimes, even if one must retain a certain critical point of view while watching some of the videos.

Visual Politik EN

Leaving the talk shows this time for a Youtube channel that is dealing with international politics. This one is completely serious and the videos usually try to explain political events that happened or are happening at the moment somewhere in the world. I personally find these videos great, very educative, clear and perfect to improve comprehension skills. One good thing about this channel is that the Youtube english subtitles for the videos are actually GOOD (which is pretty rare), which means you can watch it with the subtitles on ! (well, sometimes though, it fails haha)

Jaiden Animations

Well, I couldn't ONLY share channels with only politics related content could I ? This one is a personal favourite : its just a girl, Jaiden, talking about herself and funny things that happened to her, but she's not doing so while facing a camera. She's actually creating animations to talk about stuff she wants, and the animations are really well-made. Well, to be fair she is not only talking about funny things, but also more serious and sad things that happened to her. But I really like her sense of humour and her overall personnality.

I will end the list here. Of course, these are only some recommandations that I have, so fell free to add some more or to give your opinion ! Smell ya later ! cheers
Emeline Giffard
Emeline Giffard

Back to top Go down

Some Youtube channels I would like to recommend  Empty Re: Some Youtube channels I would like to recommend

Post by Admin Sun Feb 03, 2019 11:35 am

Thanks Emeline.

You should watch "Have I got news for you" a weekly quiz game where celebrity contestants get quizzed on the week's news. Funny and entertaining (and nearly 30 years old).

I'd like to recommend people check out Richard Ayoade too. Some of you may know him from comedy series The Mighty Boosh or the IT crowd but I suggest you watch him as Travel man (Travel man 48 hours in...) where he explores a foreign city in 48 hours along with a celebrity. Funny, informative and interesting. (If you like technology - Cedric - then watch him as gadget man). I just love his humour.

Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Some Youtube channels I would like to recommend  Empty Re: Some Youtube channels I would like to recommend

Post by Babis Papageorgiou Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:19 pm

Hi Emeline!

Thanks for your recommendations!
I don't really like watching news or watching videos about politics analysis.

I prefer reading the news or the political games through articles with some statements from journalists.
I prefer when someone is talking a clear position in a subject, because he makes it more interesting and it helps me to contests/disputes his opinion and search more about the subject!

Concerning the talk-shows I don't like them either but if a guest is known and interesting it might get my attention, haha

Jaiden animations are funny and it's smart the way she transfers her stories in animation!

Concerning your suggestion John of 'travel man', it's quite funny and it gives you a nice point of you for the cities in only 2 days, but I found some difficulties to understand the protagonist!
His accent is really out of what I am used to watching! And I don't mean the American language, because I've already watched and hear some English stuff!

To sum up, I would like also recommend a channel that I stuck lately and it's about movies analysis! It helps you to see a film differently and go deeper in the plot!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCErSSa3CaP_GJxmFpdjG9Jw/featured
Babis Papageorgiou
Babis Papageorgiou

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:06 pm

Hey Babis, Agreed travel man speaks really quickly and he uses a lot of sarcasm. It is a difficult watch level wise.

Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Post by iman ghouzi Mon Feb 04, 2019 2:40 pm

Thank you Eméline for your suggestions .
I admit that i'm not fan of politics but i like to keep updated about what's happening in the world even if sometimes it is quite impossible .
So many thing are happening !!!
Im more for talkshows , i think they are more dinamics and attractive espeacially if there are gossips . I also have to say that i don't know a lot of english talkshows Neutral so i'm surely gonna follow your suggestion Wink
iman ghouzi
iman ghouzi

Back to top Go down

Post by farah ayedi Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:36 pm

Hi everyone!
Thanks for you recommendations!
I don't really like to watch videos about politic, it's so boring for me, espicially because nowadays the news are getting worse and worse and it talks only about problems and bad things happening in this world. So I try to avoid negative vibes Wink
But, I like to watch talkshows, and when I was young (when I didn't understand english :p), I watched english talkshows subtitled in arabic, and it hepled me too much to learn and improve my english Smile So I will watch your videos Emeline Wink
I also liked the concept of the quiz game John Smile

farah ayedi
farah ayedi

Birthday : 1995-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheick Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:13 pm

Thanks for theses informations Emeline . I need the channekls like its .Very Happy

Cheick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum