UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Weekly Autonomous Work

+27
Clarance de Villiers
Malek.benslimane
Ravahiti
noemie_resclause
Caroline Richard
Pauline Maurisset
Marina Guillon
calberti
Isaure Ayrault-Roy
Léa Aupetit
Léa ABREU
Babis Papageorgiou
Chloé Gailledrat
iman ghouzi
Cédric Bourgeois
sophie_rys
Damaye Alexis
Manon Saroul
Amelie Trarieux
Diana Gashi 1
Emeline Giffard
Meghane Cren
Jordan Besson
ELISANGELA
Caroline Lemoigne
Clothilde Pluchart
Admin
31 posters

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Weekly Autonomous Work - Page 6 Empty Re: Weekly Autonomous Work

Post by Diana Gashi 1 Sun Nov 17, 2019 1:26 pm

Damaye Alexis wrote:I chose a new subject : challenging ideas in mental health.

Firstly, it talks about social boundaries (limites). Boundaries are the things that define the normal people and the others. In the mental health field, the others are what we can called "mad people". But in nowadays life be the other is not enough, because it can be linked to other things, like be the only black guy surrounded by white guys.

There is some kinds of discrimination about "psychoguy" like some "conversation-stopper", because some people are afraid about mental illness of others. People make links between mental illness and some stuffs like violence, weird behaviors, etc.

To be THE other, in many case, it's just to be in the wrong side of the boundary. But people have to know that consider other people in the wrong side makes the situation worse for the other. Nobody wants to be the other and to be treated differently because of that.

Creating these boundaries helps people to consider themselves as normal. Like "of course i'm not as weird as him, so I'm just the normal guy, i'm in the right side of the boundary." It's a way to project problems on other people. Some ideas assume that there is an impassable line between the two side.

But in fact what are the boundaries of the normality ? bounce

Humanity created this edge to not be in the same group than the "others", to not be associated with them. But normality is something really subjective, so what is normal to me could be not normal for other and vice-versa.

According to a recent definition, "mental disorder" means any disability or disorder of mind or brain which results in an impairment or disturbance of mental functioning. People should be free to cross the boundary if they want. If problems are gone why not allow them the right to just go in the right side again? In the article, "psychophobia" is real and involves a lot of discrimination toward the "others".

There are two ways of viewing mental illness : physical (brain dysfunction for example) and social (weird behaviors, discrimination..)

And that's all for this week. I have to work on my oral law exam.  Shocked

Hi Alexis,

Thank you for this topic! It's really interesting. I fully agree with you when you say that everyone should be free to cross "the boundary" if they want to. Just writing this sentence makes me angry because we shouldn't even say it!!!!!!!!!!! The problem is that everyone has to adapt to this cube, this perfect cube where everything corresponds to the behaviour of this society, to the mind of this society and so what? We must all be the same!

What if we're all the same? What if no one has crossed the borders? It will be a sady life! Hopefully we're all different! It makes us better, it makes us learn things, it makes us act differently and it's great.

I've already heard "oh she's so different, why she's like that" and it's a totally stupid reaction! For some, if you don't think like them, you have a problem. We shouldn't judge people's behavior I mean when you can be different, it's because something is happening to you, or you experienced something that changed you or you just wand to be like this so go ahead and don't care !!!

For example, when I was in high school, I had a classmate who was very shy! Talk to no one, close in on himself, a little geeky. And in that same class, I had a guy who was completely immature and I hated him. He kept teasing that shy man and saying, "Come on, stop looking down, shave your head. He wasn't nice to him at all, and I always said to leave him alone, don't be a bitch!!!!!!!!!! (aggressive but he was an ass****) So one day this shy, we had a training session for "the BAC" and the teacher asked him to answer his questions but he didn't do it! And I don't know why, but he took the chair next to him and threw it to the professor! And of course, everyone was shocked! And our high school had the best idea to kick him out of school! So, what about him? He was always alone, locked up in himself and now this shitty society gives him the best opportunity to continue like that and be more shy and locked up in himself.

But all behaviours have explanations, you just have to try to find out why it happens and how you can improve it, make it less violent or whatever !

So thanks Alexis for this subject !!

Have a nice day Smile)))

Diana Gashi 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Babis Papageorgiou Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:06 pm

The subject that I am going to learn about this week is dyslexia.

When I was in highschool I had a friend who was diagnosed with dyslexia and I remember him explaining that his mind works a bit differently from ours.
I remember also that everyone were jealous and we criticised him because he was passing his exams in speaking while we had to make the same procedure by writing

The course starts by trying to define normality and abnormality and how subjective is.
It explains that it’s difficult to determine, a normal behaviour, a normal development or a normal functioning because finally a normal psychological development is not simple at all.
That’s why it continues with a question in order to clarify the things.

Question: What do you consider to be ‘normal’ for each of the following examples?
-Women’s height
-Eyesight
-Behaviour when waiting for a bus
-Consumption of alcohol

Each answer gives a different approach of normality. It might be either statistical, medical, or cultural.
Everyone will respond concerning his/her/its own experience of an average price/answer in his environment/community/society.

If the majority of a population thinks something as ‘normal’, then any behaviour or psychological characteristic is rare or a little different is consider as ‘abnormal’. That means 'abnormality' can be defined in terms of low statistical frequency.

Each one from the answers gives a different approach of normality. It might be either statistical, medical, or cultural.
For example in the UK, people they create a queue while they are waiting the bus, so those we were waiting the bus the most, will enter first. (John can you validate it)
If you are in Manchester and you don’t follow that ‘unwritten rule’ everyone will criticise it as an abnormal behaviour  
So using a cultural approach, what is defined as ‘abnormal’ will depend on expectations and standards of the society, and especially on political and economic as well as social factors.

Same with the alcohol consumption. Some may combine alcohol with antisocial behaviours or may find it responsible about health problems. So there are here also some medical, cultural or religious factors that make our answers subjectives.

In the following page there is an interesting statement of a student with developmental dyslexia or just dyslexia and a description from its environment showing how the entourage realise dyslexia, which in fact is more than just the difficulty in learning to read and write. I will explain it in my next post.

It’s getting late, so I’m going to stop here. I think that I am writting in a personnal diary ahah. Maybe not so personnal.

I’m sorry that I didn’t describe much about dyslexia but I picked a 20 hours course so as you can imagine the introduction is quite long and I didn’t realise it at first.

To be continued…
Babis Papageorgiou
Babis Papageorgiou

Back to top Go down

Post by Clothilde Pluchart Thu Nov 21, 2019 12:13 pm

Hi everyone,

Today i would like to speak about the movies that we have in cinema. With Blong, Victor and Amélie we gone to watch "Retour à Zombieland". It was a movie with much humor and punchlines. It's a perfect movie if you want to change your mind and and if you don't want to have love stories. The rest of the movies isn't good for me it's that just drama, drama, drama or history movie that so not very fun for the period of christmas. Me i would like fun and humor, and i don't have that in cinema. So i think stop to go in cinema for the moment.

What are you thinking about the movie programmation in cinema?

Clo Very Happy
Clothilde Pluchart
Clothilde Pluchart

Back to top Go down

Post by Léa ABREU Thu Nov 21, 2019 2:24 pm

Hi guys, this week worked on my LinkedIn profile. It took me five hours (grrr) ! I'll hope that thanks to that I'll have an AMAZING internship !

There is a lot of tips on google to make your profile attractive for recruiters ! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFkqp9W1xTc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zd4ALKv8Das
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27BTcka64wQ

Léa ABREU
Léa ABREU

Back to top Go down

Post by Caroline Lemoigne Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:32 pm

Hi,

For my autonomous work of the previous week and this week, I watched 3 episodes of the documentary series: Our planet. Each episode lasts 1 hour. If it interests you, I write on the topic dedicated to this documentary.

See you on this topic Smile

Caroline Lemoigne

Back to top Go down

Post by Damaye Alexis Fri Nov 22, 2019 4:50 pm

Today's people are experiencing high level of anxiety because of the quick technological and social changes. In addition, medias are always talking about bad news and bad predictions about the future.

"Risk" became a main concept in the mental health field since the beginning of the nineties. At the beginning, this word was a synonym of "probability", but his meaning evolved and today we often use it to speak about something bad, or in a negative way. From "probability", he became "danger" and researchers explain it because of the changes in society and minds. geek

People are afraid about mental health because medias always highlight things when it's done by mad people. However, the probability of being in trouble because of them is not high. But, it's easy for media and people to understand why mad people can hurt others, rightly because they are mad. It's why when there are murders or things like that, medias are always trying to find some kind of mental health in the murderer's mind. Because in our minds it's difficult to understand that "normal" people can badly hurt the others too. We can also talk about the fact medias are always trying to explain violent acts are coming because people are under the influence of alcohol or other drugs. There must be necessarily a reason.

In fact, studies constantly show that the main majority of people who act violently in our society are not experiencing mental distress. In contrast, the vast majority of people who have mental health never behave violently.

For mad people, it's really destructive and painful to be seen in this way. Because as I said, for a lot of them they are absolutely not dangerous. But in "normal" people's minds, they are a group and mad people are another one. But people are unique. We can't gather them in only one group. scratch
Damaye Alexis
Damaye Alexis

Back to top Go down

Post by Isaure Ayrault-Roy Sun Nov 24, 2019 8:21 pm

Today I have watch the first season of peaky blinders, and I fell in love with their accent so pronounced. But now, unfortunately, I have to stop it and work for my autonomous work Sad Sad

So I I went to ted's website and found the subject: how to find work you love.
First, Scott Dinsomore explain that peoples gave him some advice : “Taking jobs to build up your resume is the same as saving up sex for old age.". For a study, Deliotte find that over 80% of the people don’t enjoy their work. And when Scott ask people, “why do you do this job if you hate it?” they said : "Well, because somebody told me I'm supposed to." So he explain three different things. The first one is to becoming a elf-expert, and understanding yourself, you have to know what you are looking for find it. It seems funny but I think that most of the time we are not really sure about what we really want. Like not what not what you're good at, but what you but what you like to do. And for find that, he explain that:
- The first things is to find our unique strengths : what are the things that we wake up loving to do no matter what, whether we are paid or we're not paid, the things that people thank us for?
- The second things is “experiences”. He explain that we learn things every day, about what we love / hate, what we feel about somethings, and we have to pay attention to that. We have to write down about what inspires us, whatever it is, take notes every day about what makes you happy.
Then we can then define what success actually means to us. There is two reasons why people don't do things: is they tell themselves they can't do them, or people around them tell them they can't do them. It is also important to surround yourself with passionate people, who will support and encourage you in what you do. And we have to know that no one can tell you you can't learn about yourself, No one can tell you you can't push your limits and learn your own impossible
and push that. Imagine a world where 80 percent of people love the work they do…
To conclude, this ted talks is just about doing something that matters to you, and makes an impact that only you can make.
Isaure Ayrault-Roy
Isaure Ayrault-Roy

Back to top Go down

Post by farah ayedi Wed Nov 27, 2019 12:25 am

Hello!
As everyone knows, it's time to work on our CVs and cover letters. So, I noticed that more and more recruiters are receiving the same thing like the diplomas or skills and I told myself that eventually there are thousands of master marketing students who have at least all the same profiles and the same skills that's why I started to search what is looking for recruiters of nowadays and what to prove.
For that I looked at some videos in English. So, you can find some links below that may be interesting for some of you Wink
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lj6N-FFDtu4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofj3M6inv38
farah ayedi
farah ayedi

Birthday : 1995-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Marina Guillon Thu Nov 28, 2019 6:24 pm

Hi everyone!  Very Happy

Like I said in my last post, I worked on the platform on "Fashion and Sustainability." So these last three weeks, I worked on it and I finished the lecture! Even if it wasn't really interesting, I wanted to finish the lecture and not give up! But this week I decided to change my autonomous work and watch videos or read articles on different subjects…more interesting subjects.

So this week I saw a video about isolated prisoners. Laura Rovner, a lawyer, leads the Ted Talk about the most secure prison in the world: ADX, located in Denver, in the United States. 400 men are locked up because they have committed serious acts such as mass murder, terrorist acts, and crimes. Laura talks about the fact that this prison torture these prisoners with solitary confinement. Some prisoners spend 23 hours alone, in a cell size of a small bathroom, just sleeping and eating, without any social contact. They can practice some "exercise" during a small time in a different cell like they call, a "dog run" a very small cell "outside" to practice exercises alone (just walk or run.). Long term solitary confinement is considering torture because people:
- Don't see anything alive like nature or people…
- Develop vision problems and voice problems by not using these organs.
- They lose consciousness of their own existence, of how they are connected to the world.
- They no longer have an identity because identity is based on socialization, which often leads to madness (such as taming a wasp to be your friend confused ). They mutilate themselves to reconnect with the world and know if they are real.
- For some of them, "lucky ones", they adapted to this situation and it lead to social withdrawal, they no longer support human contact.

Laura said that the international human right law prohibits the use of long-term solitary confinement, but ADX practice it and the subject is hidden "what happens behind prison walls, stays behind prison walls". Some countries have been sentenced for torturing their prisoners, but in the case of ADX the subject is hidden, in 25 years of opening, there was only one visit by human rights organizations. Besides, the prison has a nice infrastructure with a lot of technology, so it's hard to believe that such a prison run by the government of such a developed country like the United States, is doing this, without punishment.

So after this information, do you think that solitary confinement is real torture? Did you know that before?

And in this video, Laura said that a lot of people think that "the so-called worst of the worst deserve it" what do you think about that?

On that note, good evening anyway I love you

Marina Guillon

Back to top Go down

Post by Emeline Giffard Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:52 am

Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Lesson today : "We are Stardust"Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven

"How was the Universe formed ?"

This question is one of the most fundamental questions in science. At the beginning of the Universe, they were only simple atoms, the simplest that could exist. I briefly talked about it last time, but even now, normal matter present in the Universe is made of hydrogen and gelium, which are still simple atoms.

In astronomy, all the other atoms that are heavier are refered to as "metals" (which is CONFUSING as heck). These atoms amount for 2% of normal matter. They were created thanks to nuclear reactions within stars.

Next question is, how these elements manage to escape from stars to make their way into the gas and dust clouds that compose the Galaxy, and therefore into planets, and even us ? Well, this happen during the evolution of stars. Their structure changes as they age, and some end up exploding (and big bada boum), and such explosion releases much of their mass, therefore all the heavier elements drift into space and end up incorporated in new stars.

The Sun's photosphere is for exemple composed of 1% of these heavier elements. It is relatively weak in comparison to other bodies in the Universe, but it is easily explained by the fact that the Sun was born when the Galaxy was still "young" (around 4.6 billion years ago) : it formed when they were fewer heavy elements around in the Galaxy, when not too many stars had exploded.

The elements that compose the Sun are those that are the most commonly produced after the nuclear reactions of stars, however, Earth (despite being formed at around the same time as the Sun) has a different composition. How so ? Indeed, what is abundant in the Universe in terms of atoms, is clearly not on Earth. The answer lies in how these elements are combined in molecules which form the structure of our planet.

Earth is a Terrestrial planet, which means it has a rocky surface. Therefore, all the elements that form rocks (such as oxygen, silicon, iron or magnesium) are abundant. Helium does not react with other atoms to form molecules (as it is an inert gas), which means it doesn't contribute a lot on Earth. The planet that is closer to the Sun in terms of composition happens to be Jupiter, a Gas Planet, composed mostly of hydrogen and helium.

Lets talk about us humans for a bit. Our bodies are made out of hydrogen, carbon and oxygen, which are three of the four most abundant atoms in the Sun. Hygrogen and oxygen form Water, and carbon is a key atoms in the formation of highly complex molecules. Thanks to these molecules, our bodies are provided with the framework required for constructing the complex structures that form them, but also for carrying the information that we need in order to grow and reproduce.

Understanding the requirements and conditions for life to exist represents the first step to attempt to find environments where life may exist.
Of course, when astronomers observe the Universe, they are bound to observe things that happened in the past, due to the finite speed of light (because the light we see takes time to travel and reach us). It took time for us to exist (life on Earth has started to developp 3 billion years ago...) and it is only during the last century that we have been able to theorically communicate our presence in our galaxy. We are discovering many stars and planetary systems every year, and astronomers truly believe in the existence of extraterrestrial life, and even if it doesn't exist yet, or has existed, they do believe that we will find it during our lifetime. Of course, finding intelligent extraterrestrial life might be more difficult.

This conclude the course. It was really interesting ! Astronomy definitely is one of the subject that fascinate me the most. I think I might keep reading about space, and try to find another course with a higher level than this one.

Bye-Bye !
Emeline Giffard
Emeline Giffard

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:02 pm

interesting. Thanks
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Clothilde Pluchart Mon Dec 09, 2019 1:22 pm

Hello everyone,

According to the science, singing makes you happy !

In the shower, at home when we listen to music and nobody hears us, with friends... Singing makes us happy. This universal practice fills us with serotonin and oxytocin. It is a real injection of enthusiasm that is within everyone's reach. Moreover, we have seen that even people with Alzheimer's disease react and wake up with joy every time they are pushed to sing.

Edith Piaf said that singing is a way to escape to another world. However, psychologists and neuroscientists do not entirely agree with this idea. In reality, music therapy is a sensational channel to connect with others, to awaken emotions that help us to establish more intense relationships with people.

Therefore, simply joining a music group or choir improves interaction and generates very positive emotional, cognitive and physical changes. It should be noted that practices as daily as singing in the shower also act as a reset button that can give us energy, happiness and a good dose of positivity...

As you have understood, you will feel happier in singing. So sing.

Bye and good week for everything. Very Happy
Clothilde Pluchart
Clothilde Pluchart

Back to top Go down

Post by Amelie Trarieux Mon Dec 09, 2019 1:37 pm

Clothilde Pluchart wrote: It should be noted that practices as daily as singing in the shower also act as a reset button that can give us energy, happiness and a good dose of positivity...

As you have understood, you will feel happier in singing. So sing.

Hi, my dear Clothilde!
This is such great info! I guess that's why our Friday Karaoke against the will of our dear Alexis puts us in such a great mood every time!
I don't really sing in the shower anymore but maybe I should do it again (my neighbors are going to be super happy)
I feel like this is an amazing excuse to keep singing even more Christmas carols until the end of the month!!!!
Maybe more people will join and find happiness in our daily singing of Last Christmas!

Love youuuuuuu rendeer santa
Amelie Trarieux
Amelie Trarieux

Back to top Go down

Post by Victor Chevalier Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:31 am

Hi everybody, this week I read an interesting article about the dogs and the Inuits. it talks about how the Inuits introduced the larger dogs in the American arctic. Research explain how Inuits introduced these dogs 2000 years ago to their help for transporting them and their belongings. The Inuits replace the little dogs live in American arctic by larges dogs. These little dogs lived in the American arctic since 10 000 years ago.
Victor Chevalier
Victor Chevalier

Back to top Go down

Post by FLEGEAU PAULINE Mon Dec 16, 2019 1:48 am

Hiiiii
Every weeks I read some articles from TED and this week one article was about few small spaceships. Yes, yes, a spacecraft smaller than a finger. they plan to launch 1000 of these small spacecraft into the solar system to seek extraterrestrial life. Each has four high resolution cameras, a ton of sensors and an internal communication system. In his #TEDTalk, engineer Peter Beck talks about the new small event revolution in the space industry.
I'm fascinated and at the same time hallucinating to see how man progresses quickly in new technologies!
FLEGEAU PAULINE
FLEGEAU PAULINE

Back to top Go down

Post by Diana Gashi 1 Fri Jan 03, 2020 12:57 pm

Hi Guys!!!!

Happy new Year everyone Smile hope you may have enjoyed your vacation Smile

Today, I was speaking English and I had a question so I looked for the anwser !!!
When to use " THIS, THESE, THAT, THOSE" ?

So first of all, THESE is the the plural of THIS and THOSE is the plural of THAT.

If the object we are talking about is CLOSE , we will use THIS (singular) or THESE (plural). If the object is FAR AWAY, we will use THAT (singular) or THOSE (plural).

Examples :

THIS :
This book is the best book on Earth. (the speaker holds it in his hand and shows it).

THESE :
These books are the best books on Earth.

THAT :
That car over there is mine.

THOSE :
Those cars over there are ours.

For me, it was difficult to know when to use those and these, but now I know Smile

Enjoy these last few days!

Diana Gashi 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Jan 03, 2020 1:06 pm

Diana Gashi 1 wrote:Hi Guys!!!!

Happy new Year everyone Smile hope you may have enjoyed your vacation Smile

Today, I was speaking English and I had a question so I looked for the anwser !!!
When to use " THIS, THESE, THAT, THOSE" ?

So first of all, THESE is the the plural of THIS and THOSE is the plural of THAT.

If the object we are talking about is CLOSE , we will use THIS (singular) or THESE (plural). If the object is FAR AWAY, we will use THAT (singular) or THOSE (plural).

Examples :

THIS :
This book is the best book on Earth. (the speaker holds it in his hand and shows it).

THESE :
These books are the best books on Earth.

THAT :
That car over there is mine.

THOSE :
Those cars over there are ours.

For me, it was difficult to know when to use those and these, but now I know Smile

Enjoy these last few days!

Hi Diana

Happy new year to you.

We covered this last year (perhaps when you were on Erasmus) I'd just like to add that the "near" and "far" concepts refer not only to space but also time. This year - because it's close in time, 1952 - that was a great year (because it's far away).

Hope you had a good time in England.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Caroline Richard Sun Jan 05, 2020 6:19 pm

Hello everybody !
Happy new year !!!
I have practiced english every day on the app Duolingo for 6 months. During Christmas holidays, I received a mail with my performances : I spent 178 days on Duolingo, I worked 15 hours, I finished 218 lessons and I learnt 763 words in english !
I think that Duolingo is a very good training in addition of the english courses with a teacher like M. John 😉
I wish you a good week-end and see you tomorrow (on Thursday for M. John),
Caroline R.

Caroline Richard

Back to top Go down

Post by Emeline Giffard Mon Jan 06, 2020 4:37 pm

Hello Hello !

Well I haven't study at all during holidays (sorry) but i'm ready to take on a totally different course this time !

I will, from now on, study the course called Start writing fiction: characters and stories. Little description of the course :

"This free course, Start writing fiction: characters and stories, helps you to get started with your own fiction writing. It provides a practical, hands-on approach, focusing on the central skill of creating characters."

Sounds interesting ! The course is in History & Art (if anybody is interesting).

Basically, i'm about to become a writer ohoho

I like to write (nothing extraordinary) but I'm not really interested in becoming a writer atm. But I figured it would be interesting to understand how the process of writing works, as I really like to read.

So yeah, I'll be back with my little summaries of the course hihih

See ya
Emeline Giffard
Emeline Giffard

Back to top Go down

Post by sophie_rys Thu Jan 09, 2020 2:23 pm

Hi there!

It’s been a long time I haven’t been on UP despite my everyday english work, sorry 🙄. So… I’m coming back here to inform you, dear John, about how am I improving my English everyday.

During the holidays, I tried DuoLingo as Caroline said a lot about that, but, honestly, I get tired of it as it is really basic and easy. BUT, for beginners, it’s quite playful. Hence, for me, the best practice to improve the comprehension in English is watching and listening to films and series (as I’m totally mad about the Film Industry...). Since the last time and during the holidays, I’ve seen a lot of movies (sometimes with English subtitles, sometimes with French but always in English of course) like Moneyball, Molly’s Game, Precious, The Big Lebowski, Tully… Cheers for Netflix ! And with the passed Golden Globes and the Oscar Ceremony coming, I’m really in. Indeed, every year, with my family-in-law, we’re watching all the listed movies and the on live ceremony (...sleepless night...), then, we’re betting on all the nominees (eating candies and pizzas oh yeah). That’s so entertaining!

Apart from that, I began to read two books in English during the holidays : I began Woolf's Mrs Dalloway, but as it is an old English Literature, it was a bit heavy to read. So I passed from this book to Richard Yates’ Cold Spring Harbor, an interesting story about two families brought together by desperation and desire during pre-War NYC.

Here we are,

See u!
sophie_rys
sophie_rys

Back to top Go down

Post by iman ghouzi Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:06 am

Hi there,

so after a long period not writing here i am back to tell you what i've been doing .
As you may know, at the beggining i starded with the online courses that you sent us, John.
I have followed many of them : the value of coffee, changing cities (veryyy boring) , and introducing environmental decision making and others i think.
I think that the subjet was interisting but many of them just speak about some basic things and so finally i don't learn a lot. 
I tried to do only the advanced courses (because in the others english was very basic) and only the course in the "nature and environnement" field. This means that i didn't have so many choises.
Then i realised that i was a bit bored so i decided to do something a bit more funny. That's why i decided to watch documentaries about everything . i fixed an aim for every week to watch at least one documetary (they last between 1 and 2 hours). i can tell you that i was not bored and i managed to respect my goal (well exept one or two week before the Christmas holiday, where we had a lot of work to do) . 
The subject of the documentaries are really different environnemnt, health,science etc..
and that's what i am still doing Smile 
Apart from this i always watch my netflix series in english, in this period i am watching the series "You" Smile

soo that's it!

see you later!
iman ghouzi
iman ghouzi

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:27 pm

iman ghouzi wrote:Hi there,

so after a long period not writing here i am back to tell you what i've been doing .
As you may know, at the beggining i starded with the online courses that you sent us, John.
I have followed many of them : the value of coffee, changing cities (veryyy boring) , and introducing environmental decision making and others i think.
I think that the subjet was interisting but many of them just speak about some basic things and so finally i don't learn a lot. 
I tried to do only the advanced courses (because in the others english was very basic) and only the course in the "nature and environnement" field. This means that i didn't have so many choises.
Then i realised that i was a bit bored so i decided to do something a bit more funny. That's why i decided to watch documentaries about everything . i fixed an aim for every week to watch at least one documetary (they last between 1 and 2 hours). i can tell you that i was not bored and i managed to respect my goal (well exept one or two week before the Christmas holiday, where we had a lot of work to do) . 
The subject of the documentaries are really different environnemnt, health,science etc..
and that's what i am still doing Smile 
Apart from this i always watch my netflix series in english, in this period i am watching the series "You" Smile

soo that's it!

see you later!

It may be interesting to others if you did a short summary on the fourm after watching a documentary and ask your colleagues one or two linked questions.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Clothilde Pluchart Thu Jan 16, 2020 4:01 pm

Hey, everybody,
Sorry John, I didn't come to class because I'm sick.
But I'm here to post about UPEnglish anyway.

Like every year the World Electronics Show took place in Las Vegas with innovations that are all the stranger than ever, whether for the car, leisure or the home, more connected than ever.
This show is called the Consumer Electronics Show, it was held from 7 to 10 January 2020, and is the world's largest show dedicated to technological innovation.

Here's a small selection of innovations to keep you up to date with technological advances:

- A fragrant alarm clock made in France (Sensorwake): This one helps you fall asleep by diffusing a dry bead perfume that will soothe the room. It also wakes you up with a choice of scents (floral, amber, fruity...). Price 100€. Available end of 2020.

- The Pampers connected layer : This is a sensor to be fixed on a layer. It then records the child's sleeping rhythm but also the humidity level. As soon as it is too high, the parents receive a notification, to avoid crying and to keep baby's bottom clean. Price: 315€.

- The cushion anti-snoring (Motion Pillow): is an anti-snoring cushion that will adjust its movements to change the position of your head and neck. Connected to a box - which can also recharge your smartphone-, the cushion inflates with air where necessary. Price: 250€.

- The cap for growing hair (HairMax): The Laser 272 PowerFlex promises comfort, quality, flexibility and above all a new mane! Its laser system will stimulate hair production. Price: 1800€.

Lots of other innovations have been discovered at this show, so feel free to have a look.

Bye.

Clothilde Pluchart
Clothilde Pluchart

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Jan 16, 2020 5:07 pm

Clothilde Pluchart wrote:Hey, everybody,
Sorry John, I didn't come to class because I'm sick.
But I'm here to post about UPEnglish anyway.

Like every year the World Electronics Show took place in Las Vegas with innovations that are all the stranger than ever, whether for the car, leisure or the home, more connected than ever.
This show is called the Consumer Electronics Show, it was held from 7 to 10 January 2020, and is the world's largest show dedicated to technological innovation.

Here's a small selection of innovations to keep you up to date with technological advances:

- A fragrant alarm clock made in France (Sensorwake): This one helps you fall asleep by diffusing a dry bead perfume that will soothe the room. It also wakes you up with a choice of scents (floral, amber, fruity...). Price 100€. Available end of 2020.

- The Pampers connected layer : This is a sensor to be fixed on a layer. It then records the child's sleeping rhythm but also the humidity level.  As soon as it is too high, the parents receive a notification, to avoid crying and to keep baby's bottom clean. Price: 315€.

- The cushion anti-snoring (Motion Pillow): is an anti-snoring cushion that will adjust its movements to change the position of your head and neck. Connected to a box - which can also recharge your smartphone-, the cushion inflates with air where necessary. Price: 250€.

- The cap for growing hair (HairMax): The Laser 272 PowerFlex promises comfort, quality, flexibility and above all a new mane! Its laser system will stimulate hair production. Price: 1800€.

Lots of other innovations have been discovered at this show, so feel free to have a look.

Bye.

The pampers connected layer could be the perfect christmas present for Olivier next year.

I also saw a 10 second toothbrush by a French startup company.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by iman ghouzi Sat Jan 18, 2020 10:43 am

Yes John ,

I thought about it but didn't have the time to create a post last week, i will try to create a topic next week Wink

Have a nice weekend Wink
iman ghouzi
iman ghouzi

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next