UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

JOKER the movie

+13
Ravahiti
Clarance de Villiers
Isaure Ayrault-Roy
Admin
Marina Guillon
Léa ABREU
farah ayedi
Babis Papageorgiou
Damaye Alexis
Léa Aupetit
Léanne Imare
Amelie Trarieux
Victor Chevalier
17 posters

Go down

JOKER the movie  Empty JOKER the movie

Post by Victor Chevalier Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:35 am

Hi everybody,
yesterday I viewing with a lot of people of CEPE the new movie JOKER with Joaquin Phoenix, it was very very good, for me the actor game of Joaquim is fantastic like his laughter. I read et viewing lot of comics and movies about Batman and the Joker of this movie is very similar of the different versions of the character. Also, the movie reserves some surprises.
I don't spoil the movie, so I finish by the atmosphere of the movie, certain moments of the film are very disconcerting.
What do you think?
Victor Chevalier
Victor Chevalier

Back to top Go down

JOKER the movie  Empty Re: JOKER the movie

Post by Amelie Trarieux Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:45 am

JOKER the movie  Source
The movie was incredible. The acting of Joaquin Phoenix is one of a kind, the script is impressive and the choice of music was perfection. I would recommend ++++
(John we obviously watched it in VOSTFR, you would have been very proud of the students who were theeere) Razz
Amelie Trarieux
Amelie Trarieux

Back to top Go down

Post by Léanne Imare Wed Oct 16, 2019 12:35 pm

Hey Victor
First I want to thank you for this subject. I went to the cinema and watched it in VOSTFR of course, with my meline and it was AWESOME. As Amélie said the acting was soooooo good, and the facial expression were really getting us into the felling that was linving the joker. It iq also very long to watch because of the heavy atmosphere. The film is showing all the defaults of society and that is what I liked the most. But at the end I don't really know how to feel about the story. I can't explain my fellings about it I just know that I loved the realization of the film.
Léanne Imare
Léanne Imare

Back to top Go down

Post by Léa Aupetit Wed Oct 16, 2019 1:07 pm

Amelie Trarieux wrote:JOKER the movie  Source
The movie was incredible. The acting of Joaquin Phoenix is one of a kind, the script is impressive and the choice of music was perfection. I would recommend ++++
(John we obviously watched it in VOSTFR, you would have been very proud of the students who were theeere) Razz

BEST SCENE IN THE MOVIE! I really love the way he dance, it's a incredible performance for the actor. Dancing is not made for everyone and what he achieved to do with his body is impressive. He was really "inhabited" by the characters. Even his transformation and weight loss ... It's something I found amazing about the actors.

It was better than what I excepted.
Let's meet next Tuesday to see another movie Smile

Léa Aupetit

Back to top Go down

Post by Damaye Alexis Wed Oct 16, 2019 1:33 pm

[SPOIL TAG   Suspect ]

Many incredible scenes in this movie. Some of them where he was dancing as said Lea. This one in the hospital's stairs too. And I don't know If it was because we were at the cinema but I found the soundtrack incredible too.
I really loved the scene at the end of the TV Show when he said "What do you get when you cross a mentally ill loner with a society that abandons him and treats him like trash?!" and shot this pork of Murray.   Cool

What do you think about the way the society abandons a man like him?
And how do you perceive the Joker ? Is him just a murderer for you? Because of course he is, but I rather see him like the product of a sick society.
Damaye Alexis
Damaye Alexis

Back to top Go down

Post by Babis Papageorgiou Wed Oct 16, 2019 2:52 pm

Hi everyone!

First of all I would like to say that I liked the movie and especially the performance of Joachin. I think that it would be a totally different movie without him. I liked this dark and human version of Joker more as a social drama than an action comic movie.  

I read a review of a proffessional dancer Lea and he really admired the movement and the dancing skills of Joackin. For those who knew his filmography we was expecting something huge as a performance from his part.

Although I believe it wasn't his best movie and maybe neither his best performance.

I just want to share some thoughts about the plot and the messages that the director wanted to pass.

MAYBE SPOILER ALERT WILL ARRIVE

First of all, it was nice that the subject of mental ilness is noted clearly. But  I found, excessive the connexion of the ilness with the murderous impulses/ homicide trends.

In addition, I didn't understand well how the director wanted to make a connexion between two differend worlds.
On the first hand there is the presentation of a Joker as the ideal persona of the extreme right white people, with the mass- shootings- murders in the USA the last years.

On the other hand there is the revolutionary tendance of the mass/people in a gotham with capitalistic crises, racial and class differences and with a Joker offspring of a corrupted system, fully indifferent about what is happening around him.

Please feel free to share your thoughts
Babis Papageorgiou
Babis Papageorgiou

Back to top Go down

Post by Babis Papageorgiou Wed Oct 16, 2019 3:13 pm

Now I saw your post Alexis!

Really interesting this point of view of the film!

I think it was clear that the behavior of Joker is a product of a corrupted Gotham and of a society in a crises. (A lot of unemployment, destroyed social and health security). I think in comics is well noticed too that the Gotham of 80's is a chaos.

But as I said previously in my post there is a distance between a mental inlness and a murder. Maybe the sick society as you said covered this distance and was responsable for Joker's actions.

I also found that the film had a lot of similarities with other movies like V for Vendetta, Taxi Driver, Requiem for a Dream. What do you think?
Babis Papageorgiou
Babis Papageorgiou

Back to top Go down

Post by farah ayedi Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:42 pm

Hello everyone!

I watched the movie too, last weekend and I enjoyed it really.
As all of you, I was impressed by the performance of Joaquin Phoenix and the script too, despite the fact that the rhythm in the beginning was a bit slow that's why the film was a bit long for me.
The movie shows how the society can put a pressure on the human being and how the consequences can be manifested in extreme cases like with JOKER.
I recommend it because watching the film can help us to discover how little things in our society can influence the life of certain people.
farah ayedi
farah ayedi

Birthday : 1995-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Léa ABREU Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:25 am

John you would be proud of Ravahiti who came with us to see the movie in VOST ! She wasn't happy at first, but as the movie was fantastic, she couldn't say anything ahah

Totally agree with you Léa and Amélie, this scene is absolutely INCREDIBLE !

(Hope that it count as our weekly autonomous work...)
Léa ABREU
Léa ABREU

Back to top Go down

Post by Marina Guillon Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:29 am

[Spoiler alert]

Hi! As everyone said, there are mainly incredible scenes in this movie!! The performance of Joaquin Phoenix is impressive when he dances but also when he laughs (It was so freaky Shocked )

To answer Alexis, the Jocker is a murderer, yes but he isn't born as a murderer, he became a murderer because of mad people, the society but also because of his mother. This man was raised by a woman who has some serious mental issues and let people do some physical abuse on her son. So I think, the Jocker didn't have the best environment to develop himself like a good man. In fact, in the movie, they talk about "the house of monstrosities" !! That doesn't excuse his acts, but it can explain why he became like this.

Also, the movie shows that some people need help, like Joaquin and the fact that society prefers to exclude some people instead of investing some money on helping structures!

To sum up, it was a very god movie, and I recommend it !!

Can't wait next Tuesday to see another movie with you I love you

Marina Guillon

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:38 am

Léa ABREU wrote:John you would be proud of Ravahiti who came with us to see the movie in VOST ! She wasn't happy at first, but as the movie was fantastic, she couldn't say anything ahah

Totally agree with you Léa and Amélie, this scene is absolutely INCREDIBLE !

(Hope that it count as our weekly autonomous work...)

affraid
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Léanne Imare Thu Oct 17, 2019 10:01 am

Yahoo ^^

I wanted to answer your question yesterday Alexis but I forgot haha. I'm pretty much in agreement with Marina. Yes we understand the reason why  the Joker becames like this but it doesn't excuse the fact that is a murder. In today society they is a lot of people that became criminals because of mental disease or because they were rejected or because of a trauma. And if I'm not wrong the only solution that we offer them is a psychological follow-up or to put them into an asylum. So in my case, I consider him as a psychopath as the same way  I'll consider him if it was a real personn. The fact that the film drives us to have compassion is a good thing I think , but the fact  is that if in real life, if someone killed a hundred of personn nobody will care about the reason we'll just care about our fear and the fact that people are actualy dead.  So I don't really know how to feel about the movie.
Léanne Imare
Léanne Imare

Back to top Go down

Post by Isaure Ayrault-Roy Thu Oct 17, 2019 10:07 am

Hiiii,

First, it was a real pleasure to go to the cinema with all of you, I hope we will do it again. I love you

I enjoy talking about a movie and see different point of view and different understanding of each scene.
You have been too fast, you have said everything! All musics was sooo amazing Shocked
I love Joaquin Phoenix since years, especially for his acting in Her and The Master, but now I really want to married him I love you I love you I love you
Isaure Ayrault-Roy
Isaure Ayrault-Roy

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarance de Villiers Thu Oct 17, 2019 1:20 pm

Are there other people who think the whole movie didn’t happened ? Because at the end, he says to the doctor « I have a joke » (I don’t remember properly but I hope you’ll understand what I mean)
Or am I going to far in the analysis ?
Clarance de Villiers
Clarance de Villiers

Back to top Go down

Post by Ravahiti Thu Oct 17, 2019 2:05 pm

Hi !
Me too I have watched it !! haha I do not really like movies (which are scary) but I'm happy I spent times with my friends!
But also happy (lol) to have learned at the last moment that he was in ENGLISH ( youpiiii John is proud of me I'm sure Very Happy Laughing )

It's a movie very interesting with a good moral. Nothing happens by chance and the joker isn't a bad boy at the start. It's society that makes people like that.

Ravahiti

Birthday : 1996-02-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Clothilde Pluchart Thu Oct 17, 2019 2:09 pm

Hi everyone,

For me, isn't not my style of movie. When the movie had finish I hoped that one people such as me doesn't like the movie. But it's had all the contrary.

I think i don't really understood them metaphors during the movie.

It's all.

I'm just little sad of not having had the same reaction than the group.

I will would like understand as them but it's not this case.

Bye. I think I am an etrange girl. Very Happy
Clothilde Pluchart
Clothilde Pluchart

Back to top Go down

Post by Jordan Besson Thu Oct 17, 2019 2:19 pm

WOOOOO... What can I say about this wonderful movie ? It's important to say to you that I didn't know at all the character and his history. Moreover, like my other friends I have seen the movie in original version to improve my english. This movie is so precious for anyone who wants to know the advent of a serial killer in our society. Arthur Fleck is like me a little bit crazy but he is a good man. One day he have lost the reason and he began completely crazy because of the society. According to me, the joker is the product of our society who puts people aside.

ahahahahahahahahahahhAHHHHHHHAHHHHHHHH
Jordan Besson
Jordan Besson

Birthday : 1997-06-27

Back to top Go down

Post by sophie_rys Mon Oct 28, 2019 11:44 am

Helloooo,

Now that I've seen this wonderful movie, I'm able to join this conversation.

In a first point, we all agree about the INCREDIBLE acting of Joaquin Phoenix, he's a king ! (He really deserves the Oscar for his acting as the press says everywhere).I love you

I found that the movie was really well-structured. A bit like a puzzle with the "wow I really didn't expect for that stuff" effect.

+++ : I'm not really in for the comics movies such as Marvels or other DC movies. And the thing I really liked in this one was the drama/psychological aspect of the story with all the questions about society excesses, mental illnesses... it's really playing with our feelings and emotions, and torturing our brain to analyse everything about it. And we don't have any of this fantastic thing that I don't really appreciate.

The music is soooo good, I was just disappointed that there were no more songs during the film. Of course the best scene is happening on these stairs ! 💃🏽

Then, the photography of the film is just amazing and beautiful, it's so artistic, a real pleasure for the eyes (except the bloody scenes of course aha)

Here are the bad points : the film was a bit too violent for my sensitive person + I really agree with what Babis said about the connexions between the two worlds and about what is really happening in the US/in the world now. Maybe I understand that the question about censuring this movie in some cities was asked. What do you think ?

In brief, I would recommend this movie for sure. I would just warn sensitive people who want to watch this movie because it's kind of violent.
sophie_rys
sophie_rys

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarance de Villiers Mon Nov 11, 2019 6:31 pm

I can't imagine why some people want to censor this movie. Because, no, it isn't an apology for violence. In fact, it really reflects a society in crisis and what it could lead to. In my opinion though, it is no surprise that protestors use Joker's symbols during demonstrations.
Clarance de Villiers
Clarance de Villiers

Back to top Go down

Post by FLEGEAU PAULINE Sat Nov 16, 2019 4:12 pm

Clarance de Villiers wrote:I can't imagine why some people want to censor this movie. Because, no, it isn't an apology for violence. In fact, it really reflects a society in crisis and what it could lead to. In my opinion though, it is no surprise that protestors use Joker's symbols during demonstrations.

Yes isn't a suprise ! But maybe a little too much linked to chaos, no ?
FLEGEAU PAULINE
FLEGEAU PAULINE

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down