UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Discussion topic week 3 - Food

+17
earnau06
Jessica Mauricio
Camille GENNESSON
katia katy
Adrien Roucairol
Célie Moutot
Axelle Fardeau
Saradl
AdélaïdeSagnes
Laura Berthier
Kellia Cassagnau
RedaOumouloud
Emeline Texier
Lisa Garcia
Lauralee Spadat
Emma Vancostenoble
Admin
21 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Discussion topic week 3 - Food Empty Discussion topic week 3 - Food

Post by Admin Thu Oct 17, 2019 11:56 am

what you like, what you don't like, the strangest food you've ever eaten, obesity, dieting, diet fads, anything that you want concerning food.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Discussion topic week 3 - Food Empty Re: Discussion topic week 3 - Food

Post by Emma Vancostenoble Thu Oct 17, 2019 2:07 pm

Hey John it's been a long time Wink (i'm the first here because I'm a bad student in intellectual property law's course and not listening)

Being gourmand can cost a lot of money sometimes... especially when you love products like white chocolate, cheeses, big desserts.
By the way... wtf is wrong in the head of people who eat snails ? ugh, for me all those sticky things aren't pleasant to eating.

I think we don't have to restrict ourselves because we are young and in good health, so we can eat what we want. And now most of us have a little budget so we probably eat more pasta than reason.

By chance, in our culture (in opposite of the USA) we care a minimum about the nutrition of our food : each of us knew the hard time when we was child when our parents forced us to eat vegetables like brussel sprouts or broccoli... we'll probably do the same with our children. Laughing

An other point I find interesting is the fact that we have to respect the alimentary diet of everybody : that's not OUR plate so we don't have to give our opinion on what the others can eat. By saying that I make a reference about the war between vegans and omnivorous, this is a stupid debate.
Emma Vancostenoble
Emma Vancostenoble

Back to top Go down

Post by Lauralee Spadat Thu Oct 17, 2019 2:54 pm

About sticky food I agree with you Emma Evil or Very Mad ! This is so disgusting to me…
BUT, what I really like is … ITALIAN FOOD Very Happy (probably because of my origins ..).

Anyway, I think people touched by obesity or anorexy, are juste so sad and in a bad mood. I think our mood is completly linked to what we eat. If you're happy, in love .. you are easily going to choose health food or at least vegetables (what is good for your body in fact).
Contrary, if you're sad, in a depression .. this is going to change your behavior and you're going to eat what makes you happy (chocolate, junk food..) to feel better, or at least to forget the problems ..

If I have to define myself, I would say that I am a person who eats a little bit of everything but greatly reduces his meat consumption. Indeed, I have never been very fond of this food, even more red meat. I think we produce it too much in relation to what sells … we're doing too much harm to these animals when it is really not necessary. Killing them is one thing, but respecting them is another Wink.
Lauralee Spadat
Lauralee Spadat

Back to top Go down

Post by Lisa Garcia Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:13 pm

Hi John !

Food, what a great topic.
Let me tell you (even if you dgaf about it) the salty food that I prefer is potatoes (in all of its forms), and the sweet food that I prefer is chocolate and more specifically Nutella .. I must admit that I eat Nutella every day after each meal .. I really think it's Nutella flowing in my veins now. But who cares ? We only live once Wink

About the weirdest food I have eaten, it seems to me that it was shark, and I remember it was elastic, tasteless .. I do not recommend !

If eating did not make us fat and eat anything would not bring us disease, I would always be with food in my hand. I live with the motto « food is life ».

However, nowadays, the stereotype of the perfect body that can be found in magazines, on social networks is increasingly controversial because it conveys false ideas on the morphology of people and influences in a bad way young people. A lot of things are going on to end this stereotype and I think it’s great, but there is still a lot of work to be done ..!
Lisa Garcia
Lisa Garcia

Back to top Go down

Post by Emeline Texier Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:21 pm

Hello John!
First, I like everything but especially japan food like sushi and asian food in general! I really like french food because we have the best gastronomy of the world ! Like every "young adult" i love fastfood too.
Moreover, I dislike a lot chestnuts, rabit.
The strangest food i've eaten was a kangaroo steak, it was horrible and discusting.

I think that today with climate emergency, we have to reduce our consumption of fish and meet because their production need a lot of water and help to develop the intensive industry who get worse the pollution.
But in my opinion, it's to extreme to become a vegan because our bodys need every kind of food.

See you later John!
Emeline Texier
Emeline Texier

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Oct 17, 2019 5:08 pm

Emma Vancostenoble wrote:Hey John it's been a long time Wink (i'm the first here because I'm a bad student in intellectual property law's course and not listening)

Being gourmand can cost a lot of money sometimes... especially when you love products like white chocolate, cheeses, big desserts.
By the way... wtf is wrong in the head of people who eat snails ? ugh, for me all those sticky things aren't pleasant to eating.

I think we don't have to restrict ourselves because we are young and in good health, so we can eat what we want. And now most of us have a little budget so we probably eat more pasta than reason.  

By chance, in our culture (in opposite of the USA) we care a minimum about the nutrition of our food : each of us knew the hard time when we was child when our parents forced us to eat vegetables like brussel sprouts or broccoli... we'll probably do the same with our children.  Laughing

An other point I find interesting is the fact that we have to respect the alimentary diet of everybody : that's not OUR plate so we don't have to give our opinion on what the others can eat. By saying that I make a reference about the war between vegans and omnivorous, this is a stupid debate.

yum! White chocolate  I love you .

P.s. I love Brussel Sprouts
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Oct 17, 2019 5:12 pm

Lisa Garcia wrote:Hi John !

Food, what a great topic.
Let me tell you (even if you dgaf about it) the salty food that I prefer is potatoes (in all of its forms), and the sweet food that I prefer is chocolate and more specifically Nutella .. I must admit that I eat Nutella every day after each meal  .. I really think it's Nutella flowing in my veins now. But who cares ? We only live once Wink

About the weirdest food I have eaten, it seems to me that it was shark, and I remember it was elastic, tasteless .. I do not recommend !

If eating did not make us fat and eat anything would not bring us disease, I would always be with food in my hand. I live with the motto « food is life ».

However, nowadays, the stereotype of the perfect body that can be found in magazines, on social networks is increasingly controversial because it conveys false ideas on the morphology of people and influences in a bad way young people. A lot of things are going on to end this stereotype and I think it’s great, but there is still a lot of work to be done ..!

I love potatoes too. They can be eaten in so many different forms. Chocolate is one of my greatest pleasures. Nutella affraid What about the Orangutans?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Oct 17, 2019 5:15 pm

Lauralee Spadat wrote:About sticky food I agree with you Emma Evil or Very Mad ! This is so disgusting to me…
BUT, what I really like is … ITALIAN FOOD Very Happy (probably because of my origins ..).

Anyway, I think people touched by obesity or anorexy, are juste so sad and in a bad mood. I think our mood is completly linked to what we eat. If you're happy, in love .. you are easily going to choose health food or at least vegetables (what is good for your body in fact).
Contrary, if you're sad, in a depression .. this is going to change your behavior and you're going to eat what makes you happy (chocolate, junk food..) to feel better, or at least to forget the problems ..

If I have to define myself, I would say that I am a person who eats a little bit of everything but greatly reduces his meat consumption. Indeed, I have never been very fond of this food, even more red meat. I think we produce it too much in relation to what sells … we're doing too much harm to these animals when it is really not necessary. Killing them is one thing, but respecting them is another Wink.

Sticky food? Like Toffee? I like toffee but don't eat it often for dental safety pale

Sticky Toffee pudding is a dessert that I eat once each year on my visits to England:

Discussion topic week 3 - Food Sticky-toffee-pudding-007
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Oct 17, 2019 5:16 pm

Emeline Texier wrote:Hello John!
First, I like everything but especially japan food like sushi and asian food in general! I really like french food because we have the best gastronomy of the world ! Like every "young adult" i love fastfood too.
Moreover, I dislike a lot chestnuts, rabit.
The strangest food i've eaten was a kangaroo steak, it was horrible and discusting.

I think that today with climate emergency, we have to reduce our consumption of fish and meet because their production need a lot of water and help to develop the intensive industry who get worse the pollution.
But in my opinion, it's to extreme to become a vegan because our bodys need every kind of food.

See you later John!

Japanese food is one the foods I like least but Indian food is my favourite.

French food is overrated. What do you think is the best French dish?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RedaOumouloud Fri Oct 18, 2019 1:49 am

Hello everybody !
Well for me food is very important but the most important thing is our calorie per day so I really try  to have a balance while eating I use the rule of 80/20 , like I eat 80 % healthy and 20 % cheat meal so I do not like the mindset of dieting it's to extreme it can't be taken for a long time .
I really like basic foods like : chicken breast , meat , rice , spinach , broccoli , oats , egs. But what I love eating is a good fat american burger with french fries .
RedaOumouloud
RedaOumouloud

Back to top Go down

Post by Kellia Cassagnau Sat Oct 19, 2019 1:15 pm

Hi John,

Firstly, I prefer eating sweet than salty. I adore chocolate, I think chocolate is on the top of my passion list !! Very Happy But it isn't very healthy so I vary my diet.

I love eating all types of food (Asian, Japanese, Italian, French of course, Indian). I appreciate eating vegetables, fish, fruits, starches, cheese, meat. About meat, I would like being vegetarian but it isn't easy. Two years ago, I decided to stop eating duck "foie gras" because I am against this process; it was very complicated for a girl who comes from South West of France!! Wink Finally I did it, so I'm proud of me.

Now the trend is to be flexitarian (when we reduce our meat consumption), and I think it's a good thing. It's essential if we are sensitive to animals treatments and if we want to preserve our planet.
Kellia Cassagnau
Kellia Cassagnau

Back to top Go down

Post by Laura Berthier Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:14 pm

Hello everyone !
YESSSSSS food, my favorite topic cheers
Firstly, when I think food, I'm think of Savoyard specialities !! It's my homeland ! Tartiflette, fondue savoyarde, croziflette, polenta with diot ! it's not really dietetics (not at all, okay....) but it's so gooooooddddddd !! In one week, I'm going home in Haute-Savoie, and I'm going to enjoy all of this Twisted Evil

But I don't agree with Emma, snails are delicious, especially during Christmas meal, it's a tradition in my family, but each one of them has it's own tastes !

Last year, I had the chance to travel to Thailand so I discovered Thailand food, and it's very good such as for exemple pad thai or mango rice... (and the bananas in Thailand are delicious, not comparable to the ones you buy in supermarket here...)

And, like everyone here, I love eating sweet and love chocolate too ! I love to bake cakes: brownie, cookie, browkies (a mix of cookies and brownies), cabbage, lemon meringue pie, rhubarb pie, savoy cake,...).

Finally, i don't really like vegetables (but I eat it, of course), but I really REALLY REALLY hate "endive au jambon" it's disgusting ! And I am the same as Kellia, I decided to stop eating "foie gras" because of the process... And I also stopped eating salmon, calf, horse, rabbit, lamb because I'm trying to become a vegetarian but It's very complicated...

See you later John ! sunny
Laura Berthier
Laura Berthier

Back to top Go down

Post by AdélaïdeSagnes Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:57 pm

Hi everybody!

During a long long time, I was on diet composed only of Nutella like Lisa!! I have no idea how I managed to stop eating it everyday! For many years I only ate on purpose to feed myself but I never really enjoyed eating.

But now I enjoy it! Like Emeline, what I prefer it’s Asian food: sushi, noodles… with sweet soy sauce; I’ve always prefered sugar than salt. By the way, I never put salt, pepper, spices or herbs in my plates, and nobody likes what I cook because they consider this very bland!!

When I was a child I used to eat frogs, and I loved them! Unfortunately, when I get the opportunity to eat frogs, years after, it was impossible for me, but I should try again.
Another time like Lisa, I love so much potatoes!! In all the forms too!

Kellia, congratulations for stopped to eat “foie gras”, because it’s one of my best course and I can’t imagine to stop it!!! Moreover, it’s my grandma who makes this and I have a funny anecdote about this : when I asked her “ is it paintfull for the duck?” She answered me “popopop of course no”!! I guess it’s a normal reaction, she did this all her life and it’s a part of her tradition.

AdélaïdeSagnes

Back to top Go down

Post by Saradl Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:46 pm

Hello everyone !!

When i moved to france i've decided to avoid junk food and to eat healthy/homemade food !
My favorite meals are TUNISAN dishes like Couscous,Oija, traditional sweets ( MIAM)
But im not that fun of French food besides pastriesss !!!
Like everyone i really do like baking cakes,brownies,fondant,chesscake !! (i know i have a sweet tooth king Razz ! )
I am against diets because it doesnt last ! every person needs to accept their own body and try to have a healthy routine but i understand that some people are sick and can't do much about it.

I hope that one day i will become Vegan ! ( i love animals and i just wanna protect them <3 )

Saradl

Back to top Go down

Post by Axelle Fardeau Sun Oct 20, 2019 1:57 pm

Hello John,

I love this subject, food is my favorite pastime. What I like to eat is Italian food : pasta, pizza, gnocchi, ravioli...even more since my roadtrip in Italy this summer, where I was able to test everything. But what I love the most this is sushis !
The weirdest thing i’ve ever eaten was when I went to Slovenia. I had to eat broccoli soup at 4pm, it was a traumatic experience lol.
And the only thing I hate to eat is white sausage with pork. It’s so disgusting.
Since I’m a student and I live alone, I love eating healthy, making my own vegetable dishes, original recipes that change from the ordinary…
Axelle Fardeau
Axelle Fardeau

Back to top Go down

Post by Célie Moutot Sun Oct 20, 2019 5:59 pm

Hello John,

I'm so sorry but my favorite food is French, Italian and German food. I like french food because i'm french naturally. I discover Italian and german food during my travels. I love pasta, pizza and the « Apfel Strudle » (pastry with apple) one of the most speciality in Germany like the "Curry Wurst" (Sausage with Curry). I dont very like asian food.
The strangest food i have eat is the risotto with dry ink because eating something that's not the same color as usual is really confusing.
Also I love cooking, cookies, cake and pie the i have the time, actually i can't because i don't have the material for this (no oven).

Célie Moutot
Célie Moutot

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrien Roucairol Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:57 pm

Hi everyone,

As i can read here, many people love asian food in particular sushis.. personnaly i think it's so much overrated..
Honestly, which country could say "My food is better than french food? "
We have all the best things in the world: the best cheese, best meat, best bread, and the best wine!

Concerning my food habits, i eat pasta every day, (yes i'm student.. and italian too) but for me, a good meal is impossible without meat.
I also try to eat vegetables even if it's not a pleasure, excepting the "ratatouille", the most underrated french dish!

I'm not a great fan of "fast-food", i prefer going to a good restaurant once in a month rather than going "fast-food" every Week..
So, if you have good addresses in Angoulême, i take!

Nothing to see with food, but sorry John for the English team who will be eaten by the All Blacks newt Week..

Adrien Roucairol
Adrien Roucairol

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:17 am

Adrien Roucairol wrote:Hi everyone,

As i can read here, many people love asian food in particular sushis.. personnaly i think it's so much overrated..
Honestly, which country could say "My food is better than french food? "
We have all the best things in the world: the best cheese, best meat, best bread, and the best wine!

Concerning my food habits, i eat pasta every day, (yes i'm student.. and italian too) but for me, a good meal is impossible without meat.
I also try to eat vegetables even if it's not a pleasure, excepting the "ratatouille", the most underrated french dish!

I'm not a great fan of "fast-food", i prefer going to a good restaurant once in a month rather than going "fast-food" every Week..
So, if you have good addresses in Angoulême, i take!

Nothing to see with food, but sorry John for the English team who will be eaten by the All Blacks newt Week..

That's okay. at least we weren't beat by the Welsh team this week. Laughing

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by katia katy Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:17 pm

Hello everyone Smile
Personally, I'm a person who loves all kind of food, I really like discovering new flavors, and new recipes, I'm a true passionate of cooking (by the way i have a page on facebook "les délices de Katia" don't forget to like and subscribe I love you I love you , although it's been a long time since I published Crying or Very sad
Any way, i really like spicy food like mexican, Algerian, indian food i also like turkish food,especially turkish cakes and delights such as triliçe ( oh my gosh, so delicious ) I like all kind of fruits and vegetables except beets Very Happy
i don't really like french food beacause i think it's a little bit bland pale ; yeah they use only pepper and salt when they cook but they have very delicious delights and pastry (charlotte aux fraises, saint-honoré,tarte tatin ...) Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
The strangest food i've eaten was wasabi... when i remember the taste i rellay want to puke, it's horrible euhhh, even the semll...
Best regards, See you
katia katy
katia katy

Back to top Go down

Post by Camille GENNESSON Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:44 pm

Hi guys !

First of all, let's be serious just one second : french food is really the best ! Last year, I had the opportunity to spend 4 months in Canada, and what surprised me the most was the difference in culture in terms of food. I really missed french food.. And, to tell you everything, I ate so much pizzas and fast food that when I came back, I couldn't swallow it anymore. Fortunately, after some months, I can again Wink

About the sticky food, I think we can't consider snails as sticky once it's cooked ! I loooooove snails ! With potatoes and bacon, or just with garlic butter..hmmmm

And guys ! Go on Katia's fb page ! I can't even believe that I have not tasted one of her cake yet.. (yes Katia, it's a personal message... cyclops)
Camille GENNESSON
Camille GENNESSON

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessica Mauricio Tue Oct 22, 2019 6:16 pm

Hi John,

I could say so many things about food.
Food is what make us happy.
I think I love mediterranean food in general : italian, portuguese, french ...
I personnaly don't eat meat but I love fish. It's called pesco-vegetarian.
In Portugal we eat a lot of fish : codfish, salmon, sea bream, sardines...
It can be cooked in the oven or grilled in the barbecue. So delicious ! I love you
I also think that food tastes way better with olive oil. I put it everywhere : in the water for my pasta or my homemade soup, on the top of my potatoes or my vegetables, my fish ...

I personnaly fancy more eating cheese as a snack that eating something sweet like kinder bueno or kit kat. In the restaurant if I have to pick between entrance and main course or main course and desert, I'll certainly chose the first option.

And John, I don't understand how you can not love Japanese food ! Shocked I'm with Emeline ! Very Happy
Jessica Mauricio
Jessica Mauricio

Back to top Go down

Post by earnau06 Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:22 am

Hello John,

Personally I loooove French food ! I think that if one day I come to move and live abroad, I would greatly regret the good hot bread of the bakery, all kinds of cheese...
Friends who had moved for several months were all unanimous that they had missed French food a lot.

However, like a few people in the class, I'm completely in love with sushi, makis, and all the choinoise but especially Japanese food; I could eat only that everyday. But since it's very expensive, I try to limit myself a maximum (unfortunately)...

Finally, I look forward to going to Canada in New Brunswick, because apparently it's the kingdom of Lobster (first time for me if I manage to eat it) and especially country of poutine............. I’ll be back with an extra 15 kilos, but it’s for a good cause, lol.

See you tomorrow Very Happy

earnau06

Birthday : 1999-02-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Foll Camille Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:13 am

Hi,
I like a lot of different foods. I like to discover new taste and cultures of foods, such as for example, the Spanish churros, the Greek tzatzíki, the Japanese sushi,... Altought the Breton food is the best with more salted butter Cool .
I am also a big fan of sweet and salty mixes.
However, one of my favorite food is lasagna made by my mother. She is a very good cooker. She has given me the pleasure of cooking.
Like Camille G, I like Canadian food and especially pancakes, I looove pancakes!  If you have the opportunity to go to Bordeaux John you will find a great Canadian restaurant that makes brunch, sooo deliciooouuuuus.
I reduce my meat consumption, but I’m not a vegetarian like Jessica. It's my eco-action for the planet. 😉
Le Foll Camille
Le Foll Camille

Back to top Go down

Post by carolinemaggi Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:53 am

Hi John!flower
Interesting topic however I don't know how to start because I'm really really really in love with food. Especially with the Italian food such as lasagna, pizza, burrata, ice cream... I could eat ice cream for all my meals, it's delicious!! Unfortunately my favorite flavor doesn't exist in France... Moreover, I love all kind of food and I like tasting new world flavors (Greek, Indian, Vietnamese...). Nevertheless I could not eat offal for instance eurk!! but I love frogs' legs!
about Greek food this year i discover the freddo espresso, which is a cold coffee and it's DELICIOUS!!! i really miss it
I tried to paid attention to my diet but... it's so difficult when I eat "healthy" for one week, the week after i need my dose of cheat meal !

Otherwise, in my opinions food is a great representation of cultural differences but it can be a sensitive subject in relation to eating disorder (obesity, anorexia, bulimia, self confidence...).

According to trends i could talk about vegetarians and vegans for a while (animal protection, environmental aspect, consumer behavior...) but i already talked too much Smile

see u soon !
carolinemaggi
carolinemaggi

Back to top Go down

Post by Elise A Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:33 pm

Hello everybody!
First, thank you for this topic because the food is so important for me and I love to talk about that with my friends, to exchange our recipes, etc!

In general, I love to eat dishes of any culture, french, indian, italian, but I'm particularly fan of asian food! Sushis, ramens, it's so tasty!
When I have time I make sushi but it's important to know, it's VERY long and difficult to do this!  But it's so satisfying at the end, when you eat them!  Cool

But I must admit, the french food is still one of the best in the world!!

Elise A

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next