UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Final Topic first semester - Magan Rapinoe

+21
Fusiller Simon
Antoine PERAUD
BEGUE simon
Lemarquis Mathis
Ribault Geoffrey
grammont.theo
Enzo Bourgeaux
LE GUILLOU--NADER Colleen
Nathan Raveraud
Hugo Seugnet
Gaëtan Debien
Marcuccini Luigi
Gaël
Océane Martin
sriffa01
djibril17
Sandro Appiotti
Pierre Bonnefont
Gaspard Pouzin
Nicolas Jakow
Admin
25 posters

Go down

Final Topic first semester - Magan Rapinoe Empty Final Topic first semester - Magan Rapinoe

Post by Admin Mon Nov 18, 2019 3:17 pm

This final discussion is for your thoughts on the themes introduced in the article you read in class on 18/11.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Final Topic first semester - Magan Rapinoe Empty Re: Final Topic first semester - Magan Rapinoe

Post by Nicolas Jakow Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:20 pm

I think, that the process is a good thing, raise awareness among the people to several problems like racism, homophobie, sexism is positive and a good message for young people... However I don't agree with all what she says. Indeed when she talks about the equality of the salaries between men and women it's illogical for me… I think it's normal to see a man win more than a woman in football for exemple because the men's football is more popular, more televised, more watched… It's an economic logic ! Moreover, men are more talented, it's more interesting to watch a game of men's football because it's more fast, more technical, more beautiful… For exemple, if a singer sold more discs, if he is more popular, he will be more watched, people will pay to watch him so his salary will depend of that, in football it's the same logic.

Nicolas Jakow

Back to top Go down

Final Topic first semester - Magan Rapinoe Empty Re: Final Topic first semester - Magan Rapinoe

Post by Gaspard Pouzin Tue Nov 19, 2019 12:29 pm

So i know megan Rapinoe before 2019 because it's a beautiful player in united states in particulary in seattle.
Megan is very courageous to fight against the equality,the racism,sexuality and also subjects.
For the racism homophobieand sexism in football is good for the futur generation to transmit good values
But I desagree with megan for the equal pay, because the man football is more popular more watched in tv , the sponsor invest more for the man football and the inductrie of man footbal is more important however the industri of women football is much less important.

Gaspard Pouzin

Back to top Go down

Post by Pierre Bonnefont Tue Nov 19, 2019 12:59 pm

I discovered Megan Rapinoe during the 2015 Women's World Cup in Canada.
She had scored 2 goals in the group phases during her first participation in a World Cup.
In 2019, for the Women's World Cup in France, Megan eliminated France with 2 goals and won the trophy for best player of the tournament.
France will win the fair play trophy for the second time in a row (it's better than nothing).

Pierre Bonnefont

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandro Appiotti Tue Nov 19, 2019 1:51 pm

I knew Megan Rapinoe, before the world cup of football, because this do 5 years she is one of the best women football player in the world, and she played for the best french teaml in this sport, Lyon.
Her fight for the rights of the womens and for the LGBT is very hard and she can be proud of her work, I think she is one of the athletes the most influents in this fight.

Sandro Appiotti

Back to top Go down

Post by djibril17 Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:57 pm

I didn't know Megan Rapinoe since the last classroom. I did some research from myself on her because i really like football and she is a football player so it was a good subject. Also the information in the document in classroom was interesting. Indeed it talk about racism and sexism in sport. In my opinion there will be always this 2 things but there are sports where it's more popular than other sports.

djibril17

Back to top Go down

Post by sriffa01 Fri Nov 22, 2019 10:49 am

I have known Morgan Rapinoe since 2012 and the London Olympic Games, that year the United States was Olympic champion. Rapinoe was joined by some of the country's most iconic players: goalkeeper Hope Solo and striker Alex Morgan. This year they beat the French team, just as they did in the dei-finale of the World Cup in France.

sriffa01

Back to top Go down

Post by Océane Martin Fri Nov 22, 2019 3:17 pm

Megan Rapinoe is clearly one of the most committed athlete in the world. She fights for causes she believes, and she dares confront Donald Trump this summer, during the world cup. She plays for Reign FC in NWSL, which was in semi-finals of the championship this season. She is a member of the very famous USWNT, whose she was captain this summer. She shows by example to her teammates, because now most of players to this team lead fights for equal pay, and the equility in a lot of subjects. Anyway, the USWNT won the trophy of the best team of the year at the ESPY's 2019. Since this summer, players make a lot of appearance in ceremonies and make speeches to wake up consciences and make things happen. The last week, it was at the Glamour Women award, where Megan Rapinoe won the award of the glamour women of the year, introduced by her friends and teammates Ashlyn Harris (USWNT's and Orlando pride's goalkeeper) and Ali Krieger (USWNT's and Orlando Pride's defender), who are as much invested in fight for equality. So, these women are incredible, and it's thank to her that things go to change (even if, in France, we are so much far to have badass women like her)!

Océane Martin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gaël Sat Nov 23, 2019 12:46 pm

Megan Rapinoe is a female soccer player, playing midfield. An Olympic champion in 2012 and a world champion in 2015 and 2019, she has a great track record. Experienced player, these recent individual performances have been noticed by the general public. However, I find that she is too prominent in the press for extra-sporting affairs. It is all very well for her to defend her ideas, she is right about certain things, but I do not think it is normal for her not to sing the national anthem.

Gaël

Back to top Go down

Post by Marcuccini Luigi Sat Nov 23, 2019 5:19 pm

The thing I remember about this Megan Rapinoe is that she loves to make polemics, on September 4, 2016, Megan Rapinoe, alone, on her knees down, while the American national anthem is playing in Bridgeview Stadium. She supports Kaepernick, who refused to stand up in protest against the oppression of the Black American community. Megan Rapinoe became the first white athlete to join this movement, which also protested against police violence.

Marcuccini Luigi

Back to top Go down

Post by Gaëtan Debien Sun Nov 24, 2019 4:31 pm

Magan Rapinoe is a girl that mark me in the football worldcup with her pinks hairs. Moreover, she was amazing in this competition. I wasn't know more about she before the last class. I discovered that she is a generous person. She fights against the racism, for the equality between men and woomen and others equalities. Magan has solid comportment and I respect her.

Gaëtan Debien

Back to top Go down

Post by Hugo Seugnet Sun Nov 24, 2019 9:19 pm

Megan Rapinoe is probably one of the best women football player, she have done a really good world cup this summer. She not only à football players, she try to defend women throughout the world, to fight against racism. I think that person with influence like her, have to join her in this fight and try to reduce racism and inequality.

Hugo Seugnet

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathan Raveraud Sun Nov 24, 2019 10:21 pm

I did not know Megan Rapinoe since the last class. I think this woman is great because she protest against sexism and racism. During the football world cup of 2019 she refuses to sing the American national anthem, in protest of Donald Trump's minority policy.

Nathan Raveraud

Back to top Go down

Post by LE GUILLOU--NADER Colleen Sun Nov 24, 2019 11:04 pm

Megan Rapinoe is an American international football player playing as a lateral midfielder or winger. She won the title of best player in the world this year. I did not know her before this year because football is not a sport that interests me a lot.
With her new Olympic title of 2019, she increases her celebrity in the world of football especially with her pink hair that make the buzz.

LE GUILLOU--NADER Colleen

Back to top Go down

Post by Enzo Bourgeaux Mon Nov 25, 2019 12:05 am

So first i wanted to say that feminism is a movement which appeared recently. This way of think have some goals : feminists wants to increase the rights for women, about salaries especially. However, this exemple isn't their single fight! They also want to fight against feminide (or feminicide), briefly they want to establish the egality between man and women. Megan Rapinoe represents this movement by different points : first her sexual orientation, next her haircut quite masculine took part of this fight. Then, she's never at loss for words, that's why she's a good amabassador's wife. In france, the first person that comes to me is the singer Angele by their songs...

Enzo Bourgeaux

Back to top Go down

Post by grammont.theo Mon Nov 25, 2019 7:26 am

I did not know this football player before last week's class.
She made herself known in addition to the titles she had like Olympic champion ( 2012 ) and World Champion in 2015 because she was called the tornado that swept the women's football World Cup. She was also voted best player of the world cup. She is a known player to defend many things like inequalities ... an exemple
Megan Rapinoe, co-captain of the United States team, boycots the American anthem during the women's football World Cup. It's a kind of "fuck you" to all sorts of inequalities or contempt that Trump. I find it good that players who have many visibilities face acts like this to denounce

grammont.theo

Back to top Go down

Post by Ribault Geoffrey Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:09 am

Megan Rapinoe is fighting for women's rights equal to men. As a female football player, she is now an icon and she inspires other women. Rapinoe is especially struggling against racism in football and sexuality and shows a fierce mind. She encourages women to fight for an equal pay, for an equal potential career in politics, and so she dyed her hair in pink and she even refused Trump's invitation. As an open-minded person, she obviously cares about solidarity and equality and persuades harassed people (like gay ones) to accept themselves.

Last edited by Ribault Geoffrey on Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:08 am; edited 1 time in total

Ribault Geoffrey

Back to top Go down

Final Topic first semester - Magan Rapinoe Empty Magan Rapinoe

Post by Lemarquis Mathis Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:12 am

Megan Rapinoe, whose team will face France in the quarter-finals, is not at her best. In a world of football where the political commitment of a player is a rarity, Megan Rapinoe denotes: the American anthem, she boycotted it for the very first time by kneeling a little over two years ago, during a match played between Seattle and Chicago. A gesture of support for American football player Colin Kaepernick, the first athlete to kneel in this way to protest police violence against black Americans. As an American homosexual, I know very well what it means to look at the flag and not feel that it protects all your freedoms," she said in 2016. More recently, in an op-ed, she added:
"I chose to take a knee because, near my hotel in Columbus, the night before a game against Thailand, a 13-year-old boy named Tyre King was killed by a police officer. I chose to lay a knee on the ground because I simply cannot bear my country to oppress its own people. »
She's a very committed woman to what she doesn't like.

Lemarquis Mathis

Back to top Go down

Final Topic first semester - Magan Rapinoe Empty megan , what a girl

Post by BEGUE simon Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:16 am

On her left side, Megan Rapinoe demonstrates a remarkable skill and excellent vision of the game. As one of the main leaders of the American team for ten years, the 33-year-old has constantly shaken the opponents' nets and delivered Assists in his brilliant career. World champion, Olympic champion and a candidate for The Best - FIFA 2018 Player, she has signed three goals and as many assists in the CONCACAF Women's Championship, after which the United States validated their world ticket.

BEGUE simon

Back to top Go down

Post by Antoine PERAUD Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:23 am

Megan Rapinoe is not only an icon of women’s football. No, because apart from her most impressive hairstyle, she has a well-made head. effecially she is graduated is sociology and political sciences. According to her, men icons of football can have so much money, but this certainty of the future is not an evidence for women, so she passed these 2 diplomas in parallel with her high-level football practice.
She is without a doubt a legend of women’s soccer and will be retained as much for her talent as for the values she carries and defends.

Antoine PERAUD

Back to top Go down

Post by Fusiller Simon Tue Nov 26, 2019 2:20 pm

I did not know Megan Rapinoe before the 2019 Women's World Cup. She was one of the major players in this competition. She won the trophy for best player of the tournament. She has been noticed for her many statements including that to Donald Trump that she absolutely does not want to meet.

Fusiller Simon

Back to top Go down

Post by TIRET Cédric Fri Nov 29, 2019 1:25 pm

Megan Rapinoe is one of the best player of soccer in the world but many people know her since the world cup in 2019 in France, but I see her for the first time in the world cup in 2011. She is a good player but she is almost known by her feminism.

TIRET Cédric

Back to top Go down

Post by Pitat Sun Dec 01, 2019 10:25 pm

She is the 2019 women's world cup. I did not she before that and the article too. She is a player of football and she is very famous with her pink hair. She have her character and it's her strength. She is against racism and whent the eguality between men and womens.

Pitat

Back to top Go down

Post by margotgregoire Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:37 pm

Megan Rapinoe is an American international football player playing as a lateral midfielder or winger. Since 2013, she has been playing for Seattle's Reign FC. With the "USNWT", she is Olympic champion in 2012 and world champion in 2015 and 2019

margotgregoire

Back to top Go down

Post by Benjamin BACARIA Thu Dec 05, 2019 2:26 pm

I'm going to talk about Megan Rapinoe considered the best player in the world. But also the most stirring
indeed she does not have her tongue in her pocket. During an interview she gave his opinion on the team of France and it is not very beautiful. For her it's the coach the problem, she makes bad tactical choices and prevents team cohesion.

Benjamin BACARIA

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down