UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

a future without children ?

+8
AdélaïdeSagnes
Lauralee Spadat
Admin
Lisa Garcia
Le Foll Camille
Camille GENNESSON
katia katy
carolinemaggi
12 posters

Go down

a future without children ?  Empty a future without children ?

Post by carolinemaggi Thu Feb 06, 2020 12:14 pm

I saw this report few months ago. What are you thought about it ? (sorry I did not find the English version) Would you be willing to have no child?a future without children ?  Do_jxa10

A lot a people was horrified by this report because it says (at least, people interpreted like that) "don't do children it will lead to the end of the world".
But it's true. We cannot react like we didn't know that human activities cause climate change.
Personally, I will have children, and not just one to reduce my carbon footprint because I want two or three children and I won't let past errors impact my desires. But for sure I'll live in a certain way to preserve the nature and reduce my carbon footprint (I already do).
However, once a friend of mine told me that she was thinking of don't have child because she'll feel guilty to let him/her in this world. Like an egoist act... confused
carolinemaggi
carolinemaggi

Back to top Go down

a future without children ?  Empty Re: a future without children ?

Post by katia katy Thu Feb 06, 2020 4:19 pm

It's very insane...sometimes people act like egoist, they only think about their self, I think it's all about education, and the way you live, your habits and the way you will educate your children.

Personally, I want to have children, I think that stop having children is a crazy idea, and it's not a solution to preserve nature, can you imagine a life without children ??? I think it's up to you, how to educate your children, we have to teach them good habits like protecting the environment, nature in a funny way, for example, teach them to fight waste (of water, water, and even lights) teach them to sort, to limit packaging, etc. So I can't imagine a world without children
katia katy
katia katy

Back to top Go down

Post by Camille GENNESSON Thu Feb 06, 2020 4:27 pm

omg, what a good topic !

I already thought about it a million times (bc I'm a very anxious person) and guess what : I DON'T KNOW.

On one side, I want to have children, and not only one ; maybe 2 or 3. I love children and I look forward to have mine. My worst fear would be not being able to have ones.

But on the other hand, there's the environment... And we can't know what world we would leave to our children in a few years. It scares me because there's not only the question of the environment ; today, the society scares me too. There's no more respect and people are getting weirder and weirder, I'm so wary and so, I'm sceptic about the future.

Maybe it's selfish wanting to have children... rrrr, I'll think about it later !
Camille GENNESSON
Camille GENNESSON

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Foll Camille Thu Feb 06, 2020 5:09 pm

Hi, great subject Caro !

It's true that this poll may seem shocking, saying that having less than one child has a positive impact on the planet, but it has the merit of transcribing real facts.
Nevertheless, we cannot force people to have fewer children. I take the example of China, which had put in place a law so that families have only one child. The consequence was dramatic, because there was a lot of infanticide that was of girls, and the current consequence is that there are too many men and not enough women in China.

However, I do not agree with the opposite, families with more than 10 children. I find this excessive and it creates even more consequences for the environment.

I think it's a good idea to limit the excessive increase in the world's population so that everyone can live in the best possible conditions.

It's important for everyone to be aware of their environmental impact and those for all the actions in their lives.

For this reason, I have decided to reduce my meat consumption for the last 2 years in order to limit my environmental impact.
I also try to use public transport such as bus or train for my travels (and in Angoulême walking is my main mode of transport Cool ).
Le Foll Camille
Le Foll Camille

Back to top Go down

Post by Lisa Garcia Thu Feb 06, 2020 6:45 pm

Hey,

Well I am not really shocked because it is already done in certain Asian countries I believe where they are forbidden to have more than one child and then the reverse happens also there are countries which offer money to families when they have a new child to try to have more births!
I somehow find it understandable and here it says to reduce the number of children not necessarily prohibit having children.
I want 2 children but I think it concerns large families for example more than 3 children.
Lisa Garcia
Lisa Garcia

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Feb 07, 2020 11:20 am

I think I've spoken to one or two of you about my views on having children but I'll "preach" again here.

People (well ladies actually) are programmed to think they want children. Even those who are sure they don't want them when they are in their 20's at some time in their life will believe they want them. It's simply the biology of species survival.

People are a problem for our planet - they (we) are THE problem for our planet and despite me being a general optimist I do think that "man" will destroy earth eventually that isn't a reason for us to stop having babies though. My thoughts are a little more radical and certainly not held by many intellectual, caring people so I understand if you don't agree and maybe think I'm a monster.

I don't think anyone should have the right to have children, therefore I'd give all adolescents an injection before they enter puberty (and then regular doses) which allows them to have sex without the consequence of having children. I then think that couples who want children must take a number of tests - psychological, physical, intellectual, financial and many others to see if they are capable of being good parents who can lovingly, caringly, financially give children the best upbringing possible which is necessary to help children become caring, loving, thinking adults.

You probably don't argue that mentally unstable, or non loving people would make good parents but you could easily argue that poor people can be great parents and I agree with you but sadly children are expensive and without the funds the children and the adults lose. We have too many people who have children as a consequence of sex who really didn't want children and we have many many more adults who have children who they are incapable of bringing up well or who simply don't know how to bring children up. This is not fair in my opinion. Children do not ask to be born and so if they are we should ensure that they have every advantage possible to them.

Some people selfishly want children but are unable or not inclined to be good parents. Children are not the latest technology, they are not (or shouldn't be) commodities. Parents need to be regulated.

As an alternate suggestion I think that children could be adopted at birth by suitable parents and brought up by them as opposed to borth parents who are inadequate.

Now I'm quite aware that these comments could come across as quite "evil" with memories of regimes that none of us could support but I just find it so sad that we have so many adults who haven't even tried to learn how to be good parents or good people who are inadequate parents. Being a parent should be more than wanting to be and certainly more than remembering to take contraception when you are suddenly gripped by "the urge".

Okay I think I'm ready for the backlash!
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Post by carolinemaggi Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:45 pm

Well, interesting thoughts John! And I don't think you're a monster. Actually I agree with you. We should ensure that babies have the best life possible, with parents able to educate them. For instance my sister is judicial representative and when she talks to me about some problems that parents have... I feel sorry for the kids. As you well said children do not ask to be born. It's unfair to give birth to a child but be unable to take care of him/her, whereas "good" parents want nothing more than that. Another example, I know someone who is mentally unstable. The day she'll want a child, I'm afraid she's concluding this desire; because I know her and I know she's unable to take care of a baby. But unfortunately we cannot force people to have or to not have babies, even if it's a bad decision for everyone...
carolinemaggi
carolinemaggi

Back to top Go down

Post by Lauralee Spadat Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:12 pm

For me a childless world = the end of the human world
And what would it be peaceful for our dear nature and its inhabitants the animals ...

But Human is so imbued with his person that he will never abandon his planet to leave it to "less useful than he" (expression that the human species uses when it only knows how to dig its grave).

I am not imbued with my human person, but what do I love my family and see them grow from year to year… so yes for me it is clearly impossible to bring myself to have one or no children at all.
Yesterday I saw a report on the growing problem of the waste stock… There I think there is really something to do and that of course having children is also having new additional waste, etc., but the intelligent human must brainwash himself to find sustainable and lasting solutions that don't endanger any life.
Lauralee Spadat
Lauralee Spadat

Back to top Go down

Post by AdélaïdeSagnes Tue Feb 18, 2020 11:22 am

Hello!
I totally disagree with you John. Of course no one wants children to be abused or with parents who don't take care of them. It's an easy argument.
I agree that no one asked to be born, so the least we can do is to have parents who are there for us.

However, doing psychological tests means creating castes. I think the consequences of such an act would be catastrophic.
If we go that way, we can do tests for everybody, IQ tests for people who vote in elections....

I'll leave you to imagine the possible consequences

AdélaïdeSagnes

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Feb 18, 2020 11:31 am

AdélaïdeSagnes wrote:Hello!
I totally disagree with you John. Of course no one wants children to be abused or with parents who don't take care of them. It's an easy argument.
I agree that no one asked to be born, so the least we can do is to have parents who are there for us.

However, doing psychological tests means creating castes. I think the consequences of such an act would be catastrophic.
If we go that way, we can do tests for everybody, IQ tests for people who vote in elections....

I'll leave you to imagine the possible consequences

at last someone disagrees.

We wouldn't be creating castes, they exist already, you just don't want to admit it. Twisted Evil
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by AdélaïdeSagnes Sun Feb 23, 2020 8:53 pm

Yes I'm here!!!

While we're at it, let's promote eugenics.

Would you have been allowed to have your children if you had been tested beforehand?
Ahahah Very Happy Very Happy

Have a good holidays Wink

AdélaïdeSagnes

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Feb 24, 2020 9:16 am

AdélaïdeSagnes wrote:Yes I'm here!!!

While we're at it, let's promote eugenics.

Would you have been allowed to have your children if you had been tested beforehand?
Ahahah Very Happy Very Happy

Have a good holidays Wink

I shouldn't have been allowed to have children, in fact I shouldn't be allowed near people!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Emeline Texier Sat Feb 29, 2020 11:47 am

What a subject Caro!

I had already think about it and I don't have the solution...
Personnally, I don't want children ("for now" say my parents), not for this reason but I think it's not idiot to think that children increase the carbon footprint.
Anyway, be serious! People will not refuse to have children because they want to perserve the environment, they just want that their children leave in a healthy world (with nature, animals...) and also in a world where be a woman is not difficult or to leave in a world which accept who you are without permanent judgement.

I not agree with you John I'm sorry because It's very important that everyone can decide if they want children or not. It's the freedom and it's very dangerous to private some people (for any reasons) this right.
I think that some people are bad parents so to help the children concerned by these situations, it must that the State with the associations control every "risk family".
Emeline Texier
Emeline Texier

Back to top Go down

Post by carolinemaggi Mon Mar 02, 2020 7:26 pm

Hey girls, I understand your point of view and I agree that we cannot take rights out such as the right to have or not a child. If we do it, we'll be in a dictatorship... However, don't you agree that some people aren't able to educate children? I mean, some people are not able to take care of themselves, so how will they do to take care of a baby?
carolinemaggi
carolinemaggi

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessica Mauricio Wed Mar 04, 2020 3:10 pm

I already thought about this subject and I personally think that the French government should continue to help people financially up to three children.
If parents have a fourth children, then, no more financial aid. I think it will give more responsibilities to people.
In France, we help poor families to have children like if we were not seven billion on earth already. And I think that if you don't have the financial ressources and stability to raise your child then you should not having one.

We forget that having a baby is a big responsibility and not a fleeting desire. They are not our possession and if we want to raise a child we need to be sure we are able to give them the best future possible.
Jessica Mauricio
Jessica Mauricio

Back to top Go down

Post by Kellia Cassagnau Mon Mar 09, 2020 6:23 pm

Hi everyone,

It's a very interesting subject but quite difficult. It's complicated issue because we are talking about freedoms and the right to dispose of one's body.

I understand your opinion John, and at first I agree with you. But when I guess about it, I tell myself that it's a question of freedom and rights, and we cannot prohibit humans from giving birth. As Camille said, what has been done un China has disastrous consequences today, and it hasn't prevented the birth of millions of children without identities. And I wouldn't wish for anything in the world to live in this kind of country. However, it is true that I believe that some people should not have children, some people are unstable, some people don't have the resources to educate a child. I find Jessica's idea very interesting, the fact that the State doesn't give more help beyond three children. Perhaps, this decision would make parents more responsible and make them think about the cost of having a child.

Regarding the environment, I understand that some of us are afraid of the future and therefore don't wish to have children. I guess about it too, that's why I think having one biological child, and having an adopted child. I like the idea of adoption, I tell myself that I will save a child from misery, and I will give him or her a better life. At least, I hope so ! (About that, have you seen the movie "Lion" directed by Garth Davis ? it's an incredible movie, very emotional!!)
Kellia Cassagnau
Kellia Cassagnau

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaineb Hemandi Wed Mar 11, 2020 12:53 am

Hi Smile

Sorry for responding a little bit late but it is such an interesting topic.

I don't think there wil be a word without children. In fact, it is true that people are having less and less children because of the new ways of living, but nature always finds a way Wink

This reminds me of the scene in the famous film "Jurassic Park" where the actor says " Nature always finds a way" when he saw that the dinosaurs had babies although they were supposed to be all females!!!! Some of their genes mutated into those of males.

I am not saying this as a bizarre example, but my point of view is that there will be one point in the future of humanity where men will think about reproduction in order to persist. It means they will have children!!!!!

Zaineb Hemandi

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum