UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Homework: The Storm Makers

Go down

Homework: The Storm Makers Empty Homework: The Storm Makers

Post by Louise M Thu Feb 12, 2015 4:11 pm

Hey John,

I don’t know if I answer your question. But I really love cinema, so it’s difficult for me to choose only one moovie. That’s why i going to tell you about what I watched on TV monday’s night.
Is not a moovie but a documentary about transfer of human in Cambodia. He’s name is « The Storm Makers ». It was broadcast on monday in ARTE at 00:30. The realisator is Guillaume SUON.

Sooooo….The documentary talk about transfer of young women in Cambodia to Malaysia or Thailand. It is a serious problem about which little, a dramatic fact. Young women not major are sold by their families in agencies because life is hard. Agency their promises to win between 500-1000 dollars in one month. In reality, they are bought by rich men to transform into slaves. Beaten, exploited, deprived of passports by his boss, it is their life.. and no dollar. There are two interviews in the documentary. Aya, one of those young women who tells the hell she lived and Pou Houy, a trafficker, owner of an agency.

I speak of this documentary because it is boulversant and because i have a friend who participated in the realization.
If you want to watch it john you have five days :
http://www.arte.tv/guide/fr/050750-000/the-storm-makers-ceux-qui-amenent-la-tempete

Bye

Louise M

Back to top Go down