UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

week 3 subject - Aquatic Animals

+17
Mathieu Lafaurie
Bedon hugo
BABEAU Clémence
Paul Teillet
Pardoux Emma
Léna Le Bondé
Anthony Lopez
Nathan Fivet
Emeline CROUZEAUD
Thomas_Charp
camille crochet
Chris Boutenet Lardy
Ropied
Landry NAULEAU
Théo Ben Saada
Luca Maroleau
Admin
21 posters

Go down

week 3 subject - Aquatic Animals Empty week 3 subject - Aquatic Animals

Post by Admin Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:11 am

Water is fun.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

week 3 subject - Aquatic Animals Empty Re: week 3 subject - Aquatic Animals

Post by Luca Maroleau Wed Sep 30, 2020 4:42 pm

At first sight i did not think this subject could be choose because he can be seen in so many ways. Anyway! Since my childhood, I always seen the aquatic life with a curious eye. Indeed, when I was young, one of my dream was “Become a diver”! I even took a diving diploma in an artificial lake! After few years, led by my first passion and the difficulty to practice diving I more or less went away from diving while keeping this dream in a part of my head. Meanwhile, the ocean and the sea suffered so much of the human pollution and unfortunately, species disappear each day and the coral reef has been terribly destroyed! This break my heart because I am fascinating of the aquatic fauna. All the more so this mysterious environment hide and protect so many species such as the biggest mammal his name is the whale or some beautiful animals for instance sea turtles, sharks or jellyfish! I am sure that sea keep some secrets and species in the deeper of the ocean. And this will always intrigue the scientists who gonna search to go always deeper to discover a new world and a new fauna.

Luca Maroleau

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Sep 30, 2020 4:44 pm

Luca Maroleau wrote:At first sight i did not think this subject could be choose because he can be seen in so many ways. Anyway! Since my childhood, I always seen the aquatic life with a curious eye. Indeed, when I was young, one of my dream was “Become a diver”! I even took a diving diploma in an artificial lake!  After few years, led by my first passion and the difficulty to practice diving I more or less went away from diving while keeping this dream in a part of my head. Meanwhile, the ocean and the sea suffered so much of the human pollution and unfortunately, species disappear each day and the coral reef has been terribly destroyed! This break my heart because I am fascinating of the aquatic fauna. All the more so this mysterious environment hide and protect so many species such as the biggest mammal his name is the whale or some beautiful animals for instance sea turtles, sharks or jellyfish! I am sure that sea keep some secrets and species in the deeper of the ocean. And this will always intrigue the scientists who gonna search to go always deeper to discover a new world and a new fauna.

I learned to dive too - many years ago.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

week 3 subject - Aquatic Animals Empty Reality of Aquatic Animals

Post by Théo Ben Saada Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:13 pm

I would have liked to tell you that marine animals are beautiful and are doing well and that there are still plenty of other breeds to discover at the bottom of the sea, but that would be hypocritical in view of the current situation with marine animals. For me we do not respect marine animals at all or even their environment. For example our plastic waste, you ask yourself where does it go once we sort it? Well it's simple because they are thrown into our seas and our oceans, which you can imagine kill marine animals, pollute and destroy their environment but what is the most horrible with plastic waste is that we threw so much into the seas that we managed to create a 7th plastic continent. All this annoys me and we will realize our mistakes because we are human only when the extinction of marine animals is irremediable and to save them we will have no other choice but to put them in Aquariums to save them.

Théo Ben Saada

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Landry NAULEAU Thu Oct 01, 2020 2:46 pm

This week we talk about a aquatic animal. I choose to talk about to the sea otter. The sea otter is a large otter living in the north pacific, north of japan. It's the most aquatic and the most massive of the otters (it can reach up to 45 kilos), but also the only one able to live permanently in the sea. Although it is a protected species, they remain an endangered species because they are hunted for their furs.

Landry NAULEAU

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

week 3 subject - Aquatic Animals Empty Aquatic animals by Roro :)

Post by Ropied Thu Oct 01, 2020 3:09 pm

The ocean closes animal creatures as interesting as each other, each with its specificity and way of life, which is fascinating. Wailmer (the small round whale) can actually be seen. No in real life, I find that we do not respect enough the sea and what is inside. Humans soil water (by throwing away their waste, for example) and make animals vulnerable. Some animal species are even endangered (whales, turtles, sharks ...) and man does nothing to remedy it, I find it damaging.
I once scuba dived in Spain, and I saw various marine animals like Nemo, turtles, fish I had never seen before or a swordfish.

Ropied

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

week 3 subject - Aquatic Animals Empty Chris

Post by Chris Boutenet Lardy Thu Oct 01, 2020 3:10 pm

The ocean is a magical universe with many animal species. In the oceans, you can see mammals like whales or dolphins, then there are more or less dangerous fish like sharks, swordfish or even nemo and dory. Finally there are also crustaceans such as lobster, langoustines, shrimp and so on, but these are very good in a small seafood platter.
However, this natural environment is more and more in danger from marine pollution and overfishing, which is why associations like Sea Shepherd are setting up to curb its plagues. Their actions are sometimes dangerous but their goal is to put an end to overfishing in order to protect the biodiversity of this environment so precious for our life.

Chris Boutenet Lardy

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by camille crochet Thu Oct 01, 2020 4:01 pm

It’s a vast subject ! 70% of the earth’s surface is covered by the oceans and 226 000 marine species are known today. And I think there’s still a lot of unknown species out there.
Personally, I’m very interested in the marine world, and I’m used to watching very interesting reports on it. There are 2 species that I like very much : turtles and whales. Today, several battles are underway to try to preserve the marine world from the pollution and overfishing mainly. All marine species are concerned and unfortunately some are dissapearing... Yet some of these species are indispensable to our environment like sharks which are at the top of the food scale, their disappearance can disrupt it.

camille crochet

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomas_Charp Thu Oct 01, 2020 5:09 pm

The subject of this week is Aquatic Animal, like you know.
I think Aquatic Animals are a important subject because we can talk about our experiences with aquatic life, also about the nature of aquatic animal we have around the world or about the ecology and the impact of submarine life to our lives.
So today, I will talk about the impact of the underwater life to our lives. I think you heard some informations about the global warming, the assosiation Sea Sheperd or even about the disappearance of corals. All of this is because of us because we are destroying our world with the pollution, the plastic throw in the sea that create the sixth continent.
To take the example of the coral, we already lost 50% of the coral in the Great Barrier Reef it's really usefull for us because the coral is a natural protection for the aquatic animal that we fish but it is also used to feed the fish.
So to sum-up, we are the men who want to protect the underwater life but we are also the men who destroy it every day. I think that our generation will have a major problem with the global warming and the rising sea levels and today we must act to change this.

Thomas_Charp

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:42 am

Do you think we will act?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Emeline CROUZEAUD Fri Oct 02, 2020 11:14 am

The aquatic animals are passionant. Some live only in water, others know how to live in water and on land. They have an impressive ability to adapt. They can communicate with sounds that propagate up to several tens of kilometers for some. Aquatic life as a whole is of great interest to scientists, there is much to learn from the technique of its fauna and flora. Even today the marine world remains relatively unknown, scientists continue to discover new and more surprising species.

Emeline CROUZEAUD

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathan Fivet Sat Oct 03, 2020 1:42 pm

I find aquatic animals fascinating. They are found all over the ocean and there are different types of aquatic animals depending on where they live. (sea, ocean, rivers, etc.) However, there is a part of aquatic animals that interests me particularly, these are the fish that live in the abyss. I find them scary! In addition there are still many species that have not yet been discovered because it is very difficult to access them at first, because of the pressure, the lack of visibility, and difficult to find in particular secondly, because of their small size.
Aquatic life is important for our culture and thanks to it we can study many things such as swimming methods, or learn how they understand and communicate with each other.

Nathan Fivet

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Anthony Lopez Sat Oct 03, 2020 5:36 pm

I am going to talk again about an experience I had with firefighters which is a great school of life, and which allows us to live different experiences. During my season this summer we were called twice because marine animals were washed up on the beach. The first being a sperm whale which is quite a large aquatic animal, it made me strange to see these kinds of animals in so close to our coasts when it is not made to live here. And the second time it was for a dolphin that was found stranded. Who would have said several years ago that we would see dolphins in our region, before we could only see them in the reports. We even saw in the newspapers several dolphins on the island of Oléron, and sharks on the island of Ré. Several years ago this would have been unthinkable. We must ask ourselves the right questions and ask ourselves why these animals come to come so close to our coasts and why they migrate through us.

Anthony Lopez

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Léna Le Bondé Sun Oct 04, 2020 4:55 pm

Today we are going to talk about aquatic animals. It's true that this subject is a little strange to my taste, because I don't know what to say about aquatic animals... But anyway, I'll try. It's true that I like animals and water a lot, but I'm not very attracted to both. I swim a lot, but I don't like to swim in the sea, because I've always been afraid that there are strange animals at the bottom of the sea and that they bite my feet... I'm a little bit scared. I think it's the story of the lockness monster that scared me when I was little... On the other hand I always loved stories about mermaids, I always wanted to be one when I was little, and when I swam I did the same... So John, now you can call me, "the mermaid".

Léna Le Bondé

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

week 3 subject - Aquatic Animals Empty Aquatic animal

Post by Pardoux Emma Sun Oct 04, 2020 7:02 pm

For this topic i want to talk about the condition of animals in water parcs. It's an actuality subject because a lot of people have already seen aquatic animals in aquarium, zoo, and other. Wild killer whales and dolphins live among large, very sociable groups and swim long distances every day in the oceans. In captivity, these animals can only circle around in tanks the size of a human being the equivalent of a bathtub; they are also deprived of the opportunity to engage in any natural behavior. 1,400 laps of the pool each day are necessary for a killer whale to travel the same distance that the animal would have to do if it lived in a natural environment. Next, to creat aquactic show, parcs need to educate animals and go on the opposite of their natural behavior. They mistrate animal to get more and more money.

Pardoux Emma

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Teillet Mon Oct 05, 2020 8:28 pm

This week’s subject is “aquatic animals”, I like this one because I am fascinated of the sea, the ocean depth and the animals that are leaving there.
I was always curious about the life in the ocean because it’s a place that we have never fully discover.
I like to see videos with big animals like the blue whales, whale sharks, jellyfishes, giant squid and so many others.
I would like to swim with blue whales because I wonder how small we are beside to them and I want to feel how huge they are. However I don’t want to swim with whale shark or giant squid because these animals looks scary and we can’t know what they want to do (if they are hungry or not) even if they are  harmless. Furthermore, we aren’t in our environment so we can be preys for these big animals.

Paul Teillet

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

week 3 subject - Aquatic Animals Empty Aquatic animals

Post by BABEAU Clémence Mon Oct 05, 2020 9:55 pm

First of all, there are a lot of species of aquatic animals. There are mammals but also other fish that lay eggs, or even crustaceans. Aquatic animals intrigue me a lot but most of them scare me. We are not often confronted with aquatic animals in life unless we go to meet them. I'm afraid because when you bathe in the sea and when you don't see the bottom of the water, you never know what can arise from the depths. And as in La Rochelle the water is not very clear we can see even less what is under the surface

BABEAU Clémence

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Oct 06, 2020 8:40 am

Léna Le Bondé wrote:Today we are going to talk about aquatic animals. It's true that this subject is a little strange to my taste, because I don't know what to say about aquatic animals... But anyway, I'll try. It's true that I like animals and water a lot, but I'm not very attracted to both. I swim a lot, but I don't like to swim in the sea, because I've always been afraid that there are strange animals at the bottom of the sea and that they bite my feet... I'm a little bit scared. I think it's the story of the lockness monster that scared me when I was little... On the other hand I always loved stories about mermaids, I always wanted to be one when I was little, and when I swam I did the same... So John, now you can call me, "the mermaid".

The mermaid princess. Smile
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Oct 06, 2020 8:40 am

Pardoux Emma wrote:For this topic i want to talk about the condition of animals in water parcs. It's an actuality subject because a lot of people have already seen aquatic animals in aquarium, zoo, and other. Wild killer whales and dolphins live among large, very sociable groups and swim long distances every day in the oceans. In captivity, these animals can only circle around in tanks the size of a human being the equivalent of a bathtub; they are also deprived of the opportunity to engage in any natural behavior. 1,400 laps of the pool each day are necessary for a killer whale to travel the same distance that the animal would have to do if it lived in a natural environment. Next, to creat aquactic show, parcs need to educate animals and go on the opposite of their natural behavior. They mistrate animal to get more and more money.

Good post.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bedon hugo Tue Oct 06, 2020 9:29 pm

I must admit that for this subject i’m not really inspired. I have few ideas but i do not know enough about this subject to be able to talk about it. However I have an another subject: Students staps in swimming lessons are almost the same as animals in water. Indeed we are trying to learn a new swim, it is the butterfly and for some people like me really look like aquatic animals but animals who cannot swim. So I am waiting for some journalists to come to swimming lessons one day and report on aquatic animals while filming us.

Bedon hugo

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Mathieu Lafaurie Wed Oct 07, 2020 1:19 am

I will talk about the narwal, The narwhal is a medium-sized toothed whale that possesses a large "tusk" from a protruding canine tooth. It lives year-round in the Arctic waters around Greenland, Canada, and Russia. The narwhal males are distinguished by a long, straight, helical tusk, which is an elongated upper left canine.

Mathieu Lafaurie

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Romain Robert Sun Oct 11, 2020 5:00 pm

There are many marine animals on our beautiful planet. But the most beautiful aquatic species remains the sea poo. Sea poo is indeed an aquatic animal that all of us have come across in the water in the summer. You can find it in the Atlantic Ocean, in the Mediterranean Sea, in the English Channel, in fact wherever there is water (even in the bathtub). Sea poo can live for years without feeding. But unfortunately he gets eaten by many fish. He therefore has a life expectancy of only a few days.

It was Romain Robert.

Romain Robert

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by jonas Jamai Mon Oct 12, 2020 10:19 pm

Aquatic animals, I dont really now what I can say about that. there is many species who live in water. even the first animal on earth was an aquatic one. Some Aquatic animal are small like the crabe and some are huge like the whale. Some are ugly and other beautiful. but all these species are going to die if we don't stop pollute the oceans. WE will all die.

jonas Jamai

Back to top Go down

week 3 subject - Aquatic Animals Empty Re week 3 subject - Aquatic Animals

Post by aperri25 Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:15 am

Aquatic animals are great animals and can remind us of memories. I will tell you 1 memory.
My memory took place when I was 7 years old, I received a goldfish on my birthday, I was so happy. I took care of it, I played with him I gave him food every day and one day I wanted to pour sugar in his jar and I made a mistake and he poured bicarbonnate and to my surprise my goldfish died the next day.
It therefore ends in the toilet bowl.

aperri25

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by lmaricot Sat Nov 07, 2020 4:50 pm

today we have to talk about aquatic animals, like i think a lot of people know, aquatic's animals are the origins of everything, for example human. As far as life exist on earth, it was in the ocean and humans are at the end of animal developement chain starting with aquatic's animals or dinosaurs if you prefer. So today i will talk about the most impressive aquatic animal ever, i don't want to listen the haters. I want to talk about tuna, this fish really delicious with some cousins in the humans population ( it's joke don't be schoked ladies). Tuna could be cooked in differents way, you have tuna's steak, tuna with some mayonese etc.. tuna is one of the best best fish, after salmon of course

lmaricot

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down