UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Week 6 subject - Last week

+15
Khaled HAMMOUTEN
Andrea.loth
Opale
Victor DANDEU
Emeline BRENIERE
Aurele sellier
quentin b
MARECHAL Mathilde
Eva.P
Marin
Mathieu G
Manon de Luca
Dorian TIROUARD
maxime herbé
Admin
19 posters

Go down

Week 6 subject - Last week Empty Week 6 subject - Last week

Post by Admin Tue Oct 20, 2020 1:12 pm

Read the article here

France

and then give your views.

Last edited by Admin on Tue Nov 03, 2020 11:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Week 6 subject - Last week Empty Re: Week 6 subject - Last week

Post by maxime herbé Sun Nov 01, 2020 10:00 am

I think it's horrible because secularism is a fundamental value in France, moreover it teach freedom of expression in school which is in the program. Some people refuse to take a minute's silence or they approve of crimes against freedom of expression, we must act quickly to prevent all of this.

maxime herbé

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dorian TIROUARD Sun Nov 01, 2020 11:47 am

We can see from this article that the basic foundations of the French republic are being undermined with a monstrous act against Samuel Paty. Secularism and freedom of expression are called into question and I find it unfortunate. I fully agree that freedom of expression must in no way harm the well-being of others, but it must not cost a man’s life. But still if our French journalists can no longer present articles for humorous purposes representing any person, whether a celebrity or not. Freedom in the currency of France no longer has its place here.

Dorian TIROUARD

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Manon de Luca Sun Nov 01, 2020 1:19 pm

In my opinion this teacher didn’t deserve to die for showing caricatures and talking about it, indeed he was doing his job and he died whereas he spoke about the freedom of expression. I think that this drama shows the problems of the religion in France, the violent behaviour it can generate for some people. Even if it’s difficult ,the teachers must be careful towards the children and have to educate them through their profession in order to avoid another event like this, the students must learn France’s national values and sometimes change their views about certain situations. Nevertheless, in my opinion, educate the children it’s normally the parent’s role.

Manon de Luca

Birthday : 2002-12-24

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Mathieu G Mon Nov 02, 2020 9:56 pm

Last week, a terrible event happened : A professor called Samuel Paty was decapited because he talk about his opinion with caricatures about religion. This event shows the fragility of our society about the freedom of expression. It allow to show problems of secularism in France. We know secularism is a french value but this event question this value and also prove and show this fragility. The freedom of expression must be included among new generations. For years, Religion restart to have a place into school and it can generate events like this.

Mathieu G

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Marin Mon Nov 02, 2020 10:21 pm

This teacher didn't to die for doing his work , I am agree for to say that caricatures can shock of students according to religion but it's a freedom of expression and we don't regulate this for the violence, kill people. If a student are shock , he can to talk with this parents or a professor to understand the purpose of a caricature. In France the freedom of expression can be called into a question.

Marin

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Eva.P Tue Nov 03, 2020 9:07 am

A terrible event happend, a professor of history and geography, Samuel Paty, was beheaded in the middle of the street. I find it extremely violent.
This professor had shown caricatures on religion to his students, some were shocked. Some may disagree because it is freedom of expression but not to the point of killing someone or be violent.

Eva.P

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MARECHAL Mathilde Tue Nov 03, 2020 11:05 am

I find it unacceptable that a professor should be murdered for defending freedom of expression.
For me, every person can have his own religion or even think otherwise it is in our rights. But it is the teacher's duty to teach knowledge, knowledge to future generations.
In France, we are in a free country, but freedoms still impose limits so that everyone can benefit from them while avoiding the multiplication of conflicts.

MARECHAL Mathilde

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by quentin b Tue Nov 03, 2020 11:10 am

What happened last week is a terrible and horrible event. No one should die for it to show a picture. No matter what image and point of view. Samuel Paty unfortunately suffered from extremist hatred. It is necessary to make the difference between simple believer and extremists. Samuel Paty simply did his job, he did the same very well because he took care to warn his students about what he was going to show them. This act is simply abominable.

quentin b

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Aurele sellier Tue Nov 03, 2020 11:43 am

I truly think that nowadays world is in deep pain. What happens to Samuel Patty last week was horrible. It is unbelievable, that teacher has been murdered by an extremist only for for showing a caricature during a class for the freedom of speech. Such an act of barbarity cannot be tolerated.

Aurele sellier

Back to top Go down

Post by Emeline BRENIERE Tue Nov 03, 2020 2:06 pm

The death of history professor Samuel Paty is very painful for the whole world, especially since he adored his profession as a teacher. He was a man who only wanted to practice his profession. He was murdered, and his assailant then posted the photo of his murdered head on Twitter to show how proud he was of his actions. I find it inadmissible to kill people without any scruples. May Samuel Paty rest in peace.

Emeline BRENIERE

Back to top Go down

Post by Victor DANDEU Thu Nov 05, 2020 11:24 am

On Friday October 16, a drama occurred around Paris, a history and geography teacher was beheaded in the evening. This is Samuel Paty, an exemplary citizen who was only doing his job by showing the caricatures of the prophet in front of his class. He didn't deserve to die for this and especially not this way. This assassination therefore marks a breach of freedom of expression which is today threatened by threats and rejoicing after serious attacks. Today, the governement have to react nov to avoid other crimes like that, it's urgent.

Victor DANDEU

Back to top Go down

Post by Opale Sun Nov 08, 2020 7:40 pm

I find it scary and revolting what happened to Samuel Paty. This professor took the caricature of Muhammad to show freedom of expression, but we see other religions in caricature, he showed this one as he could have shown a caricature of God. They could have talked about it instead of threatening and executing him, it was part of his job to show young people freedom of expression through caricatures. What happened proved that freedom of expression is not quite free. It is true that it is a big problem to use freedom of expression without offending people. I'm a little afraid for the future.

Opale

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrea.loth Mon Nov 09, 2020 12:23 pm

The moment i heard about this my heart sunk and i was filled with horror and disguste but i couldn't help feeling sad for the famillie and friends concerned but it also made me angry at the world and the people in it i can't beleive things like this still happen. The reaction of the french people gave me hope that not everything is bad.

Andrea.loth

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled HAMMOUTEN Mon Nov 09, 2020 1:59 pm

For me, I think this teacher only did his job, which was to teach history to the students and make them understand the importance of these events for our current world. France is a country where secularism, freedom of conscience and the freedom to express one's convictions prevail within the limits of respect for public order.

Khaled HAMMOUTEN

Back to top Go down

Post by Valençon Chloé Mon Nov 09, 2020 6:06 pm

secularism and freedom of expression are called into question, freedom of expression must in no way harm anyone even if they do not have the same ideology in any cas it must not cost the life of a man i find it unacceptable that this can our country, everyone has the right to have an opinion on this or that, i find it disastrous that a person can be slaughtered because they don't have the same ideology than another person. This professor who is suddenly killed by another ma is not norma, there should not be such evil people in our country. In this text i find that people are right to be divided or even to demonstrate because after this act wondered if there was really freedom of expression as well as secularism in the country.

Valençon Chloé

Back to top Go down

Post by Laprune Justine Mon Nov 09, 2020 6:17 pm

France is a country that accepts immigrants, a secular, free and democratic country. Everyone has the right to practice their religion in France without imposing it on others. In French national education, it is said that certain important historical facts must be taught. So the history teacher did his job just like any other teacher would. Now, I think that if the student reacted like that towards his teacher, it is because he was badly brought up by his parents, they should not have taught him secularism and respect for others. This professor didn't deserve a death like this.

Laprune Justine

Back to top Go down

Post by Mathieu Quement StapsL1 Mon Nov 16, 2020 11:55 pm

A terrible event happened in France a very short time ago, the death of Samuel Pathy. Indeed, it was a professor who showed caricatures of the prophet of Muslims and he died. It is not normal that these events occur in France in the country of human rights because no harm has been done and even killing for a question of religion is unacceptable.

Mathieu Quement StapsL1

Back to top Go down

Post by DELAUGE Vincent Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:35 pm

The death of Professor Samuel Patty is a tragic event for the whole of France. This act is a violation of freedom of expression, all teachers have the right to instruct as they wish, with the tools they desire. That professor was murdered for doing his job. I find it terrifying that in 2020 teachers are no longer safe to do their work.

DELAUGE Vincent

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down