UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Semester 2 week 3 subject

+15
Julia
Maéva De Sousa
Elisa VINCENT
Vigié Alexis
amélie Reutenauer
Nina Brissonnet
Morgane piaugeard
Marc Monot
Romain HUMBERT
corantin E
Mathilde Donguy
Dorian MIMAUD
Sarah LAVIGNON NASRI
Gaëtan GARCIA
Admin
19 posters

Go down

Semester 2 week 3 subject Empty Semester 2 week 3 subject

Post by Admin Wed Jan 27, 2021 9:57 am

This week the choice is "Lockdown" or "Reading"
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Semester 2 week 3 subject Empty Lockdown

Post by Gaëtan GARCIA Thu Jan 28, 2021 3:05 pm

I will talk about lockdown because it might make his come back again, and again.
The first lockdown we had was a very scary period. Indeed I think that nobody has ever known such restrictions in his daily life. During the first weeks time was spending quickly but from the third week to the end it was horrible. By being always together the atmosphere with my family was sometimes electric.
I spend the second lockdown in my flat but it wasn't as restrictive as the first one. Unfortunately the lockdown seems to be the best way to fight the virus. Even it is necessary, I hope that there won't be another one.

Gaëtan GARCIA

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Semester 2 week 3 subject Empty Re: Semester 2 week 3 subject

Post by Sarah LAVIGNON NASRI Sat Jan 30, 2021 11:51 am

I will talk about lockdown because this is from actuality (and because I don't read a lot...).
The first lockdown it was something very new. On the one hand it was cool because the weather was very nice, so I spent my days on my balcony in the sun. On the other hand, the discovery of distance school was not a joy... I think that me and all the students, we felt delivered to ourselves. And luckily I just had a computer for my birthday, otherwise I don't know how I would have done... Then, when we learned that the bac was obtained in continuous control, I was so happy (I was over 17 overall so it was really good) !! But the biggest problem in this lockdown, for me, was the fact of not having been able to see my boyfriend (he returned home to Tours and me in Angoulême...). 2 months, it's very long !
As far as concerned the second lockdown, I think it was very different than the first because we had a lot more freedom. But, what about the third...?

Sarah LAVIGNON NASRI

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Jan 30, 2021 12:00 pm

Sarah LAVIGNON NASRI wrote:I will talk about lockdown because this is from actuality (and because I don't read a lot...).
The first lockdown it was something very new. On the one hand it was cool because the weather was very nice, so I spent my days on my balcony in the sun. On the other hand, the discovery of distance school was not a joy... I think that me and all the students, we felt delivered to ourselves. And luckily I just had a computer for my birthday, otherwise I don't know how I would have done... Then, when we learned that the bac was obtained in continuous control, I was so happy (I was over 17 overall so it was really good) !! But the biggest problem in this lockdown, for me, was the fact of not having been able to see my boyfriend (he returned home to Tours and me in Angoulême...). 2 months, it's very long !
As far as concerned the second lockdown, I think it was very different than the first because we had a lot more freedom. But, what about the third...?

Simple remedy - get a new boyfriend Very Happy
Admin
Admin
Admin

Sarah LAVIGNON NASRI and maxine navarro like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dorian MIMAUD Sat Jan 30, 2021 2:30 pm

I will talk about "reading" because I read never or sometimes but when I begin a book I finish this.
I have read naruto when I am a child but after to 13 years old I began to read the book of Serge betsen who was an older rugby player. Recently I read the book of Vincent Clerc. If I read a book, there's a good chance it's a comic book like "rugbymen" with the Anaesthetist or Bourrichon.
Apart from that, my father gave me a "real" book to read 2 years ago. It's walk or die by Stephen King who is "the long walk" in 1979 or in French "marche ou creve" in 1989 just to finish "There are 100 at the start, 1 at the finish. A bullet in the head for the others."

Dorian MIMAUD

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Jan 30, 2021 2:37 pm

I enjoyed the long walk it was a good book.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mathilde Donguy Sat Jan 30, 2021 3:30 pm

My two lockdowns went very well. The first was full discovery, even if it was a bit restrictive. The positive point was that the bac was in continuous control so no need to learn everything by heart and in my case, I had very few distance lessons, just some work to do from time to time. The second confinement just interrupted my arrival on Angoulême. I occupied my accommodation only for 1 month and a half. For this lockdown, we had a lot more freedom. Therefore, he was a little cooler than the first one. Personally, I did not mind distance education at all. We are waiting for the government to make its next announcement.
And concerning the theme of reading, my favorite book is unquestionably "Au Bonheur des Dames" by Émile Zola. I’m not a big fan of reading but yet I especially enjoyed this one.

Mathilde Donguy

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by corantin E Sat Jan 30, 2021 6:59 pm

On the computer science, the lockdown is a security system to block access at the informations.
However this system is present all around us. Lock a phone, ipad or computer but the human know lockdown itself to keep a secret, for exemple. The scary, anguish are the symbol to lockdown. The scary to say what we recent at someone; a shy person go block itself when necessary talk in front of many people or while a oral expression.
The human can lock itself for others and i talk in knowingly

corantin E

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Romain HUMBERT Sat Jan 30, 2021 8:06 pm

I'll talk about reading because I find it very interesting even if I'm a lazy boy who almost never read. But the few books I read were very cool and I enter in the history very easily. I read some classicals for the french exam for the bac like 1984, Candide, Thérèse Raquin and some stuff like that and it's pretty good to read even if it's a bit hard. It's strange because I like to read but I never do it, I do something else lol.
The next book I want to read is A Sherlock I think because I've seen all the serie and films and I love this kind of story that needs a lot of brain. Of course, I'll buy it in english to increase my english but I think it will be a little bit hard at the first because it won't be a casual english that I used to listen or read. It's fun to escape through a book in these times of confinement.

Romain HUMBERT

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Marc Monot Sun Jan 31, 2021 10:00 am

I take the subject reading because I hate lockdown, we just speak every time about lockdown...
So reading, I very like reading because it's a good pastime, we can read everything about lot of subjects : I specifically like science, science-fiction, an fantastic.
for example I have reading the hobbits for a fantastic book it's very cool it's the pass of Lord of the rings : I must read this book to.
For science fiction I have reading : Hunger games, Divergent and The labyrinth : three good book.
I love one form of book it's the mangas from Japan : I read lot of them : one piece, fairy tail, Naruto, HunterXHunter,... I love this books, you have the image but not the color so you can imagine too;
I think what's is great in reading it's the fact of imagine so the same book can have lot of image or different story. it's very magic!!

Marc Monot

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgane piaugeard Mon Feb 01, 2021 10:18 am

I prefer talk about reading than locking, even though I'm not a big reader.
reading for me is very entertaining, it stimulates our brain helps us to understand texts, reading for me reduces stress etc ...
Personally, I read when I have trouble falling asleep, it helps a lot, my favorite styles of books are detective stories like; agatha christie, hercule poirot etc.
reading opens our minds, it must be a pleasure to read.

Morgane piaugeard

Back to top Go down

Post by Nina Brissonnet Mon Feb 01, 2021 10:25 am

I chose to talk about reading, I love to read. I like romance novels and detective stories. The books that I liked the most were the After series by Anna Todd. I also really like John Green's writing style in particular: Our Faulty Stars and Who Are You Alaska? For detective novels my favorite writer is Mary Higgins Clark. I read a lot during confinement especially during the first one, I read 4 books and I also read many stories on the Wattpad application, it is an application where people can write and publish stories.

Nina Brissonnet

Back to top Go down

Post by amélie Reutenauer Mon Feb 01, 2021 10:55 am

I’m going to talk to you about lockdown, right now we don’t know if a third containment is going to be put in place.
The first lockdown we experienced in March was quite special as we discovered a new way of life and functioning. The classes were much busier but in parallel we had time to take care of ourselves, sleep, spend time with our family and even to empty our list on Netflix.
The second lockdown was a little more lax and allowed us to go out a little more even if strangely a lot of people started jogging to be able to go out more, it was quite fun to see.
And even though these confinements were necessary they still prevented us from enjoying a year of our life and having

amélie Reutenauer

Back to top Go down

Semester 2 week 3 subject Empty Lockdown

Post by Vigié Alexis Mon Feb 01, 2021 6:50 pm

Today unfortunately I am going to talk about lockdown because for 1 year now it has been the hot topic of the whole world, there is not a day when we do not hear about covid. Lockdown is a complicated period for everyone, for children who are at school and who can be in recess only with their class, for middle school and high school students who have to take lessons behind a computer at home and also for those who work and who can no longer work and must be unemployed. It is one of the most complicated times for the world in years.

Vigié Alexis

Back to top Go down

Post by Elisa VINCENT Mon Feb 01, 2021 7:07 pm

Today I'm going to talk about lockdown because it's an event that touches me a lot. A global pandemic is not nothing so health measures have been taken like lockdown but I am a person who can not bear to do anything and stay locked up. I need to go out for a walk, play sports or see friends to be fully happy. The first lockdown was extremely hard and long for me. Moreover, since the return in September we have been confined again and the distance classes are very hard because we are quickly distracted when we are at home and it is very hard to refocus. In addition I came to STAPS to practice sports and spend myself but we were very long without doing the sports program of the college. Many students have dropped out because in these conditions it is very hard to stay hooked, it is only the mental strength that allows the remaining students not to give up everything, give up and continue their studies.

Elisa VINCENT

Back to top Go down

Post by Maéva De Sousa Tue Feb 02, 2021 9:00 pm

Today, I'm going to talk about reading because I like read even if I'm not a big reader. Reading for me is a way to escape, we immerse ourselves in the history of the characters as if we knew them. Reading helps me manage my stress, relax, think about things without worrying about the problems I have outside.
The kind of books I love book are romances and my favorites are After by Anna TODD, is a very good books, for me of course
I don't read every day but when I start a book I can't stop.

Maéva De Sousa

Back to top Go down

Post by Julia Tue Feb 02, 2021 9:42 pm

the first confinement did not seem difficult to me mentally, I was with my boyfriend and his mother in the countryside, with the sun. We set up a sports routine to motivate ourselves. the second confinement was however a bit long, especially in an apartment, with video lessons, a bit difficult to follow. and sport had unfortunately become something rare. therefore confinement has not been a good thing for a Stapsian.

Julia

Back to top Go down

Post by valentin.faydel Tue Feb 02, 2021 11:13 pm

I've start reading just two years ago. Before I watched a lot of anime and one day a friends say to me to read solo leveling it's a corean manga. I've start in french and read all of the 80 chapter in just two day because the story is just incredible. The next day he say to me that if I read in english I can have the new whapter three day earlier so I've continue in english. After I've start some other corean and chines manga. One of have four hundred and fifty chapter in english and just one hundred and twenty in french so I've read in english. I've stop reading after this. I've restart reading during the first french lockdown. I've restart in english because there is realy more chapter than in french. I've read three thousand chapter in two month and by the way I've learn english like this. Before that I was realy bad in english. The only problem with this learning way is that I'm realy bad gramar, I've a bad accent and before the first semester I've some dificulties with oral comprehention.

valentin.faydel

Back to top Go down

Post by Anthonin Garnier Wed Feb 03, 2021 8:37 am

I'm not really inspired by the lockdown so I'm going to talk about reading and in particular the last novel I read. This novel is "the conclave of shadows" which is a heroic fantasy novel that takes place in a different world from our one called Midkemia. At the beginning of the book we follow the adventure of the young Serwin Fauconnier whose people have been exterminated and how over the course of the book he will succeed in taking revenge on the people who have exterminated his people while joining a society fighting against the badly named "the conclave des ombres "which is an association seeking to destroy the gnawing evil Midkemia. This book taught me a lot of things on many subjects. This book made me want to write a heroic fantasy book myself.

Anthonin Garnier

Back to top Go down

Post by maxine navarro Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:19 am

I’m going to talk to you about reading because I’m a great reader. I read a bit of all novels or even bds. I read a lot of English or American novels written by young authors. My sister is a bit like me, she also eats books. they read in less than two me all the Harry Potter books. while I didn’t read any because I saw it before the movies

maxine navarro

Back to top Go down

Post by Grégoire Gaucher Fri Mar 12, 2021 4:14 pm

During all our school years, we are in the obligation to read. But we don’t got, most of the time, the choice of what we read. That’s the first problem. The second is that we see the reading like a constraint. So, if you like reading, it’s ok for you, but if you don’t like it’s horrible. It’s horrible because we can’t find a way to like it with those constraints.
I was saying it all the time « I don’t like reading », but that was false : I read scientific reviews, article on the web. Today, I’ve find the way to like reading books because I read something to improve my knowledge, my vision of the world, etc. I read almost only philosophy (not hard or existentialism). But of subject that interest myself, not my French teacher...
So I want to say to all young like I was, find your subject and reading will be amazing !

Grégoire Gaucher

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down