UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Semester 2 Week 4 subject

+17
Hugo Perdriaud
Vincent Tributsch
Antoine Renoux
chloé robin
Poitou Baptiste
tiphaine pimond
Adrien Sabourin
KylianMalavergne
felix merle
Theo-Binchet
Jules Gendreau
Laurine Avinio
léatramblé
Swann Giraud
Louis Alter
Estelle Arrivé
Admin
21 posters

Go down

Semester 2 Week 4 subject Empty Semester 2 Week 4 subject

Post by Admin Mon Feb 01, 2021 11:53 am

"Performance enhancing drugs" or "What do you think about MMA"
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Semester 2 Week 4 subject Empty Re: Semester 2 Week 4 subject

Post by Estelle Arrivé Mon Feb 01, 2021 1:21 pm

"Drugs" is a big word. There are many different kinds of drugs, each with a different effect on the body. Drugs can have effects on thoughts, emotions, behaviour, mood, organs. . . Those who use drugs are looking for a feeling of pleasure, well-being, hallucinogenic effects or in our case an improvement in performance. But from a general point of view drugs are very bad for the body, and do not really improve performance. Their effect can be "positive" at the time, with a better performance, but when you take the drug once you continue to take it very often and it very quickly creates an addiction. It is this addiction that has harmful effects on the body (always wanting more, social damage, risk-taking, significant physical damage that can lead to overdose and death. . . ) To conclude, drugs are really bad, dangerous and useless.

Estelle Arrivé

Back to top Go down

Post by Louis Alter Mon Feb 01, 2021 6:37 pm

Hello again John, I have chosen the topic "What do you think about MMA".
So the MMA is a sport that I love to watch because it's really spectacular. Moreover, since its practice is authorized in France I am even more interested in it.
I find it an interesting combat sport from a technical and strategic point of view in the way of fighting. For example, some fighters may be more interested in beating their opponent with points (boxing style) or beating him with more ground fighting (wrestling style).
MMA is probably one of the safest full contact sports available today, in terms of the risk of serious injury. Many people worry about the safety of their children before they enrol them, yet mixed martial arts have surprisingly fewer serious injuries than football for example...
Thus, MMA is a great sport.

Louis Alter

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Swann Giraud Tue Feb 02, 2021 3:11 pm

I chose to speak about the subject "performance enchanging drugs".
Firstly, there is a lot of drugs to improve a performance in sport in general. Of course, every body known that all these drugs are dangerous for the body, that cause health accident etc...

But I want to speak about something in particular, contrary to what most people think, cycling, rugby, football are not sports where there is a hight pourcentage of doped athletes. Indeed, in terme of doping, curling is at the first position, and after there is boxe. Then, I quote from Rapport Sénat 2013 that in France, amateur are more doped than professional athletes, approximately 3 to 5 pourcent of amateur athletes say they have already took drugs, for the most part, they are rugbyman, or they only do body-building. I think it's because there is less control in amateur. In 1997, one addict on 5 was a former sportsman.
To finish, the most surprising, it's that some student say they take drugs also to perform in their study, so it's very important to be aware about this phenomen, because everybody can be victim of drugs.

Swann Giraud

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Feb 02, 2021 3:31 pm

Swann Giraud wrote:I chose to speak about the subject "performance enchanging drugs".
Firstly, there is a lot of drugs to improve a performance in sport in general. Of course, every body known that all these drugs are dangerous for the body, that cause health accident etc...

But I want to speak about something in particular, contrary to what most people think, cycling, rugby, football are not sports where there is a hight pourcentage of doped athletes. Indeed, in terme of doping, curling is at the first position, and after there is boxe. Then, I quote from Rapport Sénat 2013 that in France, amateur are more doped than professional athletes, approximately 3 to 5 pourcent of amateur athletes say they have already took drugs, for the most part, they are rugbyman, or they only do body-building. I think it's because there is less control in amateur. In 1997, one addict on 5 was a former sportsman.
To finish, the most surprising, it's that some student say they take drugs also to perform in their study, so it's very important to be aware about this phenomen, because everybody can be victim of drugs.

Swann, sometimes when I read student's work I am sure they are on drugs. Wink
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Post by léatramblé Tue Feb 02, 2021 3:48 pm

Hello mister!
I'm going to talk about drugs and more specifically the effects they have. Drugs are often controversial among athletes (and not only) whether among top athletes or recreational athletes. The drug has many harmful effects on the health and well-being of people although it can increase performance. Different types of drugs are taken by athletes but the most important are the performance enhancing drugs. Despite the positive effects, these drugs cause very many and significant problems in people. The risks of cardiovascular accidents are increased, tumors as well as cancers can appear in men and women. Especially in men for example, breast growing, testicular cancer... In for women, even at low doses, the effects come very quickly. Their body will become masculine quickly.
Smile

léatramblé

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Laurine Avinio Tue Feb 02, 2021 6:47 pm

Hello sir how are you ?

I think the subject he talks to me the most is about drugs. I think that for some year the taking of narcotics has increased enormously in our country but not only. Even this one is illicit, many people consume it to do good. For me drug use is very serious especially in sport, it is pointless to dop yourself to be better than others when in fact, it will not change much.
it is said a lot that in cycling the taking of drugs is common whereas it is as much in football or even in swimming. In addition, taking narcotics only attracts many diseases such as cancer ... Mad
I find it a shame that people cheat to win that is all ...

Laurine Avinio

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Jules Gendreau Tue Feb 02, 2021 6:56 pm

The debate about drugs in Sport is giant. At a side we have the pro-drogues and on the other side we have the against drogues. In my opinion, it depends what is the objectif of this drug use. If it is to just upgrade the muscle and to have the best body ever and who pleases to sportsman. But if it is to win competitions, it is cheating and this is not acceptable. I don’t accept this practice, but I can understand why they do that. For ego, recognition, popularity, money, … I hope drug use doesn’t  exist in the future.

Last edited by Jules Gendreau on Wed Feb 03, 2021 3:04 pm; edited 1 time in total

Jules Gendreau

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Theo-Binchet Wed Feb 03, 2021 12:13 pm

Hello john,

I will tell you about the different drugs used to improve performance.

There are different types of drugs:
-stimulants: which reduce fatigue and increase cardiac output.
-narcotics: erases pain
-anabolic drugs: they increase muscle mass and muscle power.

All these drugs are used by sportsmen and women to increase their performance but this is forbidden.
They risk heavy suspensions.

Theo-Binchet

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by felix merle Wed Feb 03, 2021 3:08 pm

Hello John Wall or John Cena I dont know

Today we have to talk about drugs in sport or what we think about MMA ,so i choose to talk about the drugs in the MMA.
Is it common for top MMA fighters to use banned performance enhancing drugs ?
Yes.
Just like in every other sport where people stand to make a lot of money from being the best.
But when it comes to MMA, where one fight can be the difference between signing a six figure contract or getting canned, and where the outcome of the fight rests solely on your shoulders once the first round starts, the pressure to win causes many fighters to either dabble in or go whole hog at improving their game with drugs.
That's a big problem ,as we said in the monday discussion,drugs is considered as cheating ,cheating is always unfair for the others.That's bad.
I hate cheating.
For exemple i suspect Jules to take some drugs to try to beat me on NBA 2K (fortunately, he cant beat me ,cause i'm the best) Basketball

felix merle

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by KylianMalavergne Wed Feb 03, 2021 3:32 pm

Hello John,

Personally, today I decided to talk about MMA.
MMA is therefore a combat sport that is practiced in what is called a cage. It's a ring with grids around it. The objective for the fighters is to knock out your opponent or to have been the most combative at the end of each round. MMA is a very violent sport and it's also a sport that I love. I regularly watch MMA fights, especially those of Morgan Charriere and Connor McGregor. I love these two fighters but I feel closer to Morgan because he is French and his goal is to join the UFC.
However, I think that MMA should not be left in public view, I think it should be banned for minors, and banned from vision for those under 16 years of age.

KylianMalavergne

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrien Sabourin Wed Feb 03, 2021 4:30 pm

Hello John, today i talk about MMA. I’m not familiar with MMA, but I remember my cousin wanting his children practice it how to defend themselves. At the time, I didn’t really understand what the sport really was. However, a few years later, when I saw two men putting as showman, I understood. I find this sport dangerous, but as long as is practiced by people who are aware of the risks and dangers, life is life. Personally if I have to practice this sport it will only on the playstation. In real life, I’m going open myself in two.

Adrien Sabourin

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tiphaine pimond Wed Feb 03, 2021 7:05 pm

Hi John

For this week I choice talking about what I think of MMA.
First of all, I love this sport and since I was little I always been in the world of combat sport with my stepfather and my brother who practice MMA.
And I practice JJB with like teacher Emmanuel Fernandez who participate Cage Warriors 7 and win world belt.
Cage warriors is recent MMA’s organisation since the 2000s, like UFC but much less popular and recognized thanks its world-famous fighters like khabib Nurmagomedov, McGregor or Ciryl Gane, …
I follow international fight, today MMA has been authorized in France under boxing federation because of the serious wounds that there may be between fighter.
Today I find MMA democratizes mostly in France and there are lot of people who make interesting know compare with before.
Recently, there is a big event with Morgan Charriere like may event of the evening, who French figher.

tiphaine pimond

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Poitou Baptiste Fri Feb 05, 2021 2:39 pm

Hello hello
!

Today I'm gonna talk about MMA. I'v
been interested in this sport since the beginning of the hight
school, I watch almost all the event of the ufc
. And strangefully
this sport made me love again wrestling and other sport.
Last year when mma
had been allowed in France, I got a discussion with my judo teacher, about violence of this sport, I tells he finds it very violent, and he can't understand a sport where u hit someone in the floor. He concludes the discussion by asking me if one day I got a kid will authorize him to do mma
before the age of 15yh, I said that even if I like this sport I'm not sure about teach it to young child, I prefer put child in another fighting sport, and if they want after they can do what they want.

Poitou Baptiste

Birthday : 2000-06-30

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by chloé robin Sat Feb 06, 2021 9:29 am

Okay I choose to talk about performance changing drugs. Good subject because with the situation I’m sure that a lot of people will that it with the return of the competitions! It’s a very sensitive subject because today, in France and on the world many people take drugs for their performance. Indeed, why doing so much sport if we can cheat? But is not so easy to go unnoticed. A lot of controls are us for high level athletes but to limit cheaters! At lower level it’s easier to cheat but what good it’s because at high level after we cannot cheat and therefore we do not have the level! I fount ridiculous to cheat, personally I practice sport by passion and to have a good balance of life!

chloé robin

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Antoine Renoux Sat Feb 06, 2021 2:33 pm

Hi John, I will speak about performance enhancing drugs today. Most special I will speak about my point of view on the reasons to take drugs in sport. To begin, I would say that take drugs it's very dangerous and it's cheating so I don't commit that. However I can understand the reasons about why a people can take drugs in sport. The fist reason it's because in some sport there is so many money to earn so people can be attracted by that. The second reason it's because they need money so they want to be pro and so earn money. For example in Dominica Republic there is a huge infatuation around baseball and family paid a lot nearly all there economy to paid the career of the son to next in USA earn a lot of money. Because it's very difficult to integrate the MLB, player are underpressure and take drugs to integrate programs to play in the Major league.

Antoine Renoux

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Vincent Tributsch Sun Feb 07, 2021 10:52 pm

Hello
I like looking a fight in MMA because fighters like to make the beautifuls with clash before fight. But i think it is dangerous to human, the blows are violent, people are furious with hate. I think it brings a lot of violence and today people confuses between MMA combat sport and street fighting. Money is very much present in this environnement, you just look fight Conor McGregor Vs Floyd Mayweather and ruins a lot the real martial art. I think MMA is good to looking but security of of athletes is not well enough controlled with the trauma of the blows. Ok it's good
Bye

Vincent Tributsch

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Hugo Perdriaud Mon Feb 08, 2021 1:54 pm

Hello,
Today, I talk about MMA. MMA is combat sport. The end of the game the winner is the man who KO this adverse or
abandoned. This sport is very violent and traumatic for the body. In the end you can see body full of blood. This may be traumatic for young people who see man to fight without reason just for win money or glory. So it's dangerous sport.

Hugo Perdriaud

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by melissagherras Mon Feb 08, 2021 3:26 pm

Hello john!
To me drugs that improve performance are nonsense. Because if you have a real talent and you really deserve to win, just use your abilities. I agree that the drugs boost, but you just need to rest, get in shape and achieve your own performance. At the end you will be happy with what you did!

Kisse John !

melissagherras

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Arthur MARCHAU Mon Feb 08, 2021 3:29 pm

I think drugs is good because all the people said "drugs is not good because gnagnagna" but in realitie it is just a little boost for you. For exemple me when I'm tired like this week end (I slept only 10 hours during 3 days) I take cocaine or EPO and after this I'm in great shape. And it's the same in sport: today we hunt the people who take doping product but it's very complicated and it's very expensive but I think if we are allowed this product for all the people in sport we'll have more problems and everyone will be equal. Very Happy

Arthur MARCHAU

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by léatramblé Tue Feb 16, 2021 6:05 pm

Hi!
Drugs are fuzzy thoughts. You could say that drugs are medicine. Sport is recognized as a healthy activity used to promote health. Influenced by several factors such as body appearance or consumption habits with the marketing of several products aimed at increasing performance, the consumption of doping products may appear attractive and "recommended". The marketing of drugs is easy to access and therefore promotes their use. Amateur, professional and high level athletes all use drugs or doping agents.

léatramblé

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Thibaud Denis Tue Mar 02, 2021 7:21 pm

I chose What do you think about MMA because I don't like drugs I like MMA so the choose is fast.
MMA is a sport of fighting but all the shot was allowed. Is not a sport it's like more a show and this is typically AMERICAN. for me is a good sport for these persons who love fighting but it's a sport very dangerous for the body of fighters. They can get brain concussion.
I don't think they should ban this sport in the world because this guys whithout this sport fighting in th street and it's not good for the population.
for finish I like Khabib Nurmagomedov but he finish his carrer the past years but in he practice he flies over this sport.

Thibaud Denis

Back to top Go down

Post by marine.soumagne Sun Apr 04, 2021 4:29 pm

I will talk about MMA.
It is a sport that appeared after the others and continues to develop. For me this sport is not really a sport, because they are in a cage and they are allowed to give all the blows allowed, which people could do in the street. I think it's a dangerous sport, bad for children who would like to do the same at home. And it is normal that fighting is forbidden for underage children.

marine.soumagne

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down