UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Semester 2 Week 4

+19
Anthony Lopez
Landry NAULEAU
romain mercher-gaëtan
clémence.varin
Ropied
lmaricot
Paul Teillet
Emeline CROUZEAUD
aperri25
camille crochet
Nathan Fivet
Chris Boutenet Lardy
Léna Le Bondé
Luca Maroleau
Thomas_Charp
Théo Ben Saada
BABEAU Clémence
Pardoux Emma
Admin
23 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Semester 2 Week 4 Empty Semester 2 Week 4

Post by Admin Tue Feb 02, 2021 9:39 am

either "The Education system in France" or "Honesty in France"
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Semester 2 Week 4 Empty The education system in France

Post by Pardoux Emma Wed Feb 03, 2021 10:58 am

The education system in France, is recognized as one of the best because this is the most strict. For example some diploma that we can succeed in Belgium, we must pass equivalences in France for it ot be recognized. Whereas it's the bast I think that we can have less hours in a day, from "collège" to "lycée" we are going to school at 8:OO am and left school at 18:OO pm. It's very long day and many student are no longer focused especially after the meal. I prefer the system og other country like New Zealand or England. We can do more activity on afternoon, we only work on the morning. We don't need to stay on a chair all the day. Moreover, in learning an other language franch people are not good. In fact, we only read article or text but we don't really learn tips to talk like a native person and involve our way of speaking, and it can be better if english would be learned from kindergarten. We can talk a long time of the education system of France and how we can change it but I think what I say before is the most things that we can change

Pardoux Emma

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Semester 2 Week 4 Empty Re: Semester 2 Week 4

Post by BABEAU Clémence Wed Feb 03, 2021 11:21 am

The education system in France is very long. We must study for about 18 years. The eduction systeme in France is not the best possible I think like in Germany for example. For me I believe that we work to much in the day beacause often, we finish school at 5:30 p.m. - 6 p.m. and after we have to work again. It's too much !!! For example in Germany, the students finish scholl around 2 p.m. and during afternoon we can do sport or other activities cultural, so is better for schoolchildren. More in France we have so much holidays, 2 months during summer for schoolchildren and for students, holidays can be up to 3 months. While in Germany, they are less of holidays but they work less too during day.

BABEAU Clémence

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Théo Ben Saada Wed Feb 03, 2021 12:18 pm

The French education system is divided into three successive levels of education: primary education (made up of three years of nursery school and five years of elementary school), secondary education (made up of four years of college and, generally , three years of high school) and higher education (accessible after the bac). This process is really very long and I find that it does not put enough value and material forward. For example in Asian countries they force students to choose a club in college and high school which ofrces them to perhaps discover another sport or to get involved as a student. I think that certain problems at school are not tackled early enough, such as English, for example, we are considering learning as soon as possible or even talking about a serious subject such as bullying at school because it was from the start. younger instilled the right values.

Théo Ben Saada

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomas_Charp Wed Feb 03, 2021 12:31 pm

With the subject of "The Education system in France", you can talk about a lot of things like the position of the teachers, the students, what they feel or you can even talk about the ton of work that the teachers have to give to a student just to said that they have done the program of the education but today I want to talk to you about the schedule.
In France, we have school in class from 8 a.m to 6 p.m with a pause to eat of 1 hour so at the end of the day we "work" for 9 hours if it's a non-stop day and 7 hours if it's a normal day. In this period of Covid, this time has changed but that not what I want to say. Today, France is one of the most developed countries to do this system of education, to be more precise, even in bordering countries they not do this system because, in Belgium, they have school from 8:30 a.m to 15:30 with the Saturday and Sunday free; in Switzerland, they have school from 8:30 a.m to 4 p.m and to finish with examples in Canada, they start at 8:30 a.m and end at 4 p.m. Moreover these countries have a good result in education success and France is doesn't improve then an inch.
In my opinion, we have to do something about our system, we have to change it, to reduce the amount of work for teachers and students, to reduce the schedule and also have good teachers who want to give their knowledge with passion. (I encounter a lot of bad teachers who weren't passionate about their work and just give us more and more exercises without explaining... and to reassure you it's not your case Sir)

Thomas_Charp

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Feb 03, 2021 12:44 pm

Thomas_Charp wrote:With the subject of "The Education system in France", you can talk about a lot of things like the position of the teachers, the students, what they feel or you can even talk about the ton of work that the teachers have to give to a student just to said that they have done the program of the education but today I want to talk to you about the schedule.
In France, we have school in class from 8 a.m to 6 p.m with a pause to eat of 1 hour so at the end of the day we "work" for 9 hours if it's a non-stop day and 7 hours if it's a normal day. In this period of Covid, this time has changed but that not what I want to say. Today, France is one of the most developed countries to do this system of education, to be more precise, even in bordering countries they not do this system because, in Belgium, they have school from 8:30 a.m to 15:30 with the Saturday and Sunday free; in Switzerland, they have school from 8:30 a.m to 4 p.m and to finish with examples in Canada, they start at 8:30 a.m and end at 4 p.m. Moreover these countries have a good result in education success and France is doesn't improve then an inch.
In my opinion, we have to do something about our system, we have to change it, to reduce the amount of work for teachers and students, to reduce the schedule and also have good teachers who want to give their knowledge with passion. (I encounter a lot of bad teachers who weren't passionate about their work and just give us more and more exercises without explaining... and to reassure you it's not your case Sir)

An excellent bit of writing ;-)
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Maroleau Wed Feb 03, 2021 2:54 pm

Between this two interesting subjects, i want to deal with the first one, namely "the education system in france".
First of all, I want to say that I can't really do a real comparison because i never was in another education system. So my opinion will support by informations from either people who I know (who come from another country) or from informations in medias.
According to my experience in this system, I have so many things to criticize ( i am going to criticize in fully awareness that this is easier to criticize than find another solution).
In first time, marks. Indeed, I am agree, we have to evaluate the students in order to know if they have worked, if they have learned, if our teaching methods are the right ones and to know their intellectual skills.
But this is the main way to increase the discrimations in school world (especially when teachers give the marks in front of all the students according to an order [increasing-decreasing]). All the more so as marks change the perception of how beautiful could be learn. In effect, when i was in high school, I saw lessons as a way to have good marks. However, when I grew up and I arrived in college and after so many changes in my life, I realized that, firstly the job of teacher is wonderful because they give to us their knowledges (even if sometimes we have teacher who are not very interest by that), moreover, we go to school so as to develop our knowledge and our skills. In brief, I think it's a pity that our perception of the beauty of what we are offered is blurred by a rating system that is not at all suitable.
In second time, i want to bring to light the lacks of our system. First of all, an organize problem. When we see the time schedules of another countries system, we remark that in France the time schedule is not at all adapted and forms important constraints on students' free time. Indeed, if we compare our education system with that of Germany, we can see the importance given to sport for example or even to different extra-curricular activities by the german.
Finally, the second lack i want to highlight is a lack of lesson of well being, life in society (about entrepreneurship, economical, and all the things that we can meet in our future) and methodological lessons (learn how to learn, how memorize easier and things like that). I don't why we don't have lessons about this kind of subject since secondary school.
Nevertheless, I also want to say even if this is not the better we have an incredible opportunity to have access at school world and it helps so many people to exit of difficult situations.
So thank you John to be our teacher.

Luca Maroleau

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Feb 03, 2021 3:43 pm

Luca Maroleau wrote:Between this two interesting subjects, i want to deal with the first one, namely "the education system in france".
First of all, I want to say that I can't really do a real comparison because i never was in another education system. So my opinion will support by informations from either people who I know (who come from another country) or from informations in medias.
According to my experience in this system, I have so many things to criticize ( i am going to criticize in fully awareness that this is easier to criticize than find another solution).
In first time, marks. Indeed, I am agree, we have to evaluate the students in order to know if they have worked, if they have learned, if our teaching methods are the right ones and to know their intellectual skills.
But this is the main way to increase the discrimations in school world (especially when teachers give the marks in front of all the students according to an order [increasing-decreasing]). All the more so as marks change the perception of how beautiful could be learn. In effect, when i was in high school, I saw lessons as a way to have good marks. However, when I grew up and I arrived in college and after so many changes in my life, I realized that, firstly the job of teacher is wonderful because they give to us their knowledges (even if sometimes we have teacher who are not very interest by that), moreover, we go to school so as to develop our knowledge and our skills. In brief, I think it's a pity that our perception of the beauty of what we are offered is blurred by a rating system that is not at all suitable.
In second time, i want to bring to light the lacks of our system. First of all, an organize problem. When we see the time schedules of another countries system, we remark that in France the time schedule is not at all adapted and forms important constraints on students' free time. Indeed, if we compare our education system with that of Germany, we can see the importance given to sport for example or even to different extra-curricular activities by the german.
Finally, the second lack i want to highlight is a lack of lesson of well being, life in society (about entrepreneurship, economical, and all the things that we can meet in our future) and methodological lessons (learn how to learn, how memorize easier and things like that). I don't why we don't have lessons about this kind of subject since secondary school.
Nevertheless, I also want to say even if this is not the better we have an incredible opportunity to have access at school world and it helps so many people to exit of difficult situations.
So thank you John to be our teacher.

Great post. I agree (not I am agree!!!!) about the grading system and your observation that Education should be about learning, improving, being a better or more useful person for our society. The obsession with marks is detrimental for both teaching and learning. I also think that in secondary school in sixieme you should be taught "how to learn" and "how not to learn" The internet has opened up knowledge immensely. If you're taught how to access it and evaluate it you could learn more and with more interest even than sitting with the god-like teachers in Angouleme. I also think you need more flexibility in what you learn. Some of you don't want/need English (for example) so why do you have to come to an English class, go to a class that takes you on the path you want to follow and that will allow those who want to improve their English (through working at it) to flourish further.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Luca Maroleau likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Léna Le Bondé Wed Feb 03, 2021 5:31 pm

Today, I prefer to talk about topic 1, which is about the education system in France.
First of all, I would like to say that I am grateful to be in a country that offers free education to a certain age for all. Because in too many countries, children don't have access to education, and I find it sad and unfortunate...
Secondly, I don't want to criticize and devalue the french education system, but there's a lot to be said.
I find that giving grades to students creates too much discrimination. They categorize students when, for example, the day they got a 5/20 in math they might have just been tired.
The French system expects us to be good everywhere, while it's very difficult . I find that the French educational requirements are very high.
For the schedules, it's true that the Americans are at an advantage, they all have their afternoons off unlike us... But it seems to me that they have classes on Saturdays.

Léna Le Bondé

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris Boutenet Lardy Fri Feb 05, 2021 9:06 pm

In my opinion, the French school system has both positive and negative points.
First of all, let's start with the positive points. The French school system is free until high school, which allows a majority of the population to study, then when it comes to higher education, it is "almost" free when you go to faculties. Therefore, whatever social background one belongs to, one can study to succeed. Moreover, the school is secular, which allows people of different religions to study, we have a real mix in our schools.
Now let's talk about the negative aspects of our system. In my opinion the school days up to high school are too long. This prevents us from having other outdoor activities such as sports, music or theatre for example. In addition, many students find it difficult to do their homework at home in the evenings because of fatigue. The British system of physical activity in the afternoon should be used as a model. Also, as I learnt in Staps, doing sport makes it easier to work on these lessons.

Chris Boutenet Lardy

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathan Fivet Sun Feb 07, 2021 12:20 pm

I see that everyone is taking the first subject, I will take subject 2 and talk about honesty in France. First of all honesty is a moral value which comes close to "good". In our society, in France, someone who is honest is often frowned upon because the person is telling the truth, and often people do not want to know the truth because it can be hard to accept. This is why people lie. For me, it is impossible to be 100% honest, indeed many people claim that they are honest and that they never lie. I do not believe it. You cannot be honest when you have things to defend, like your property, your interests (often), your family, your friends, etc.
We can also talk about the fact that in France, it is difficult to be honest even with your best friends, because you often want to keep things to yourself, which I understand. So, for me, honesty is an interesting source of debate, which depends on everyone's vision, but which have many points in common, because it is impossible to be 100% honest, in France anyway.

Nathan Fivet

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by camille crochet Sun Feb 07, 2021 6:19 pm

I don't think the education system in French is the best. For example, at school, we don't have the same working hours. We can have days from 8 am to 6pm, it's very long and we can't concentrate during all that time. It's different in Spain, for example, they finish school earlier.
You also have to start early on to choose the job you want to do when even I, at 19 years old, still don't know what I'm going to do later on. I don't know if it's different or if it's the same in other countries.
But the education education system in France also has positive points, for example for us school is compulsory until the age of 13 and it is above all free!

camille crochet

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by aperri25 Sun Feb 07, 2021 6:53 pm

I chose the education system in France. I chose the education system in France,.
The possible points are: free school ( is not the case in all countries) and therefore access to all. There is also the quality of teaching who is one of the best in the world then there are many different choices after the baccalaureate.
There are also negative points in education system in France comme: A selection of students which is sometimes very hard and which consequently discourages pupils in difficulty.
I also think that no longer repeating is not a good thing because a pupil in difficulty in second will be even more in difficulty in terminal.
To conclude, I therefore think that our education system in France is a good system with good teachers and choice of study qualitys but who do not help people in difficulty and who can discourage them.

aperri25

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Emeline CROUZEAUD Sun Feb 07, 2021 8:06 pm

I chose to talk about honesty in France. Honesty is complicated, French culture often imposes a culture of lies. Whether between adults, or between children, or even between adults and children. The "I didn't tell you the true to protect you" we all know. Personally, I think that if sometimes the true is hard to take, I prefer to know it. Too few people are honest today ... Still, I think honesty is a great quality.

Emeline CROUZEAUD

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Teillet Mon Feb 08, 2021 12:21 am

First of all, the educative system in France is based on 4 steps. The first is the “école maternelle” with little, middle and big section. Then there is the “école élémentaire” with CP, CE1, CE2, CM1, CM2, then the “college” with 6ème, 5ème, 4ème, 3ème and finally the “lycée” with 2nde, 1ère and terminale. Moreover, all this classes took us almost 14 years because we start the “école maternelle” at 3 years. And after all of that we can do graduate studies in order to learn our future job.
So we spent most of our childhood in school and almost during the whole day because the timetables are starting at 8a.m and they finish at 18p.m (obviously we do not work from 8a.m to 18p.m all day every day), furthermore we have to do homeworks at home, so school take a lot of time in a day.
For my part I think it’s a little bit too much because school provokes a lot of stress and tiredness on students and we learn that it is very bad for a good physical and mental development.
Recently, their was reforms for the baccalaureat about the sectors (L, ES, S) and I find it is a good idea because high school students can choose their speciality and find their way and study what they like and what is better for their graduate studies.

Paul Teillet

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by lmaricot Mon Feb 08, 2021 3:40 pm

the education system in france it's not the worst of all but it's clearly not the best too. The firt problem in this system it's clearly that the quote is more important thatthe way you will succeed. Everybody will tell you that cheating is not a good thing and i totally agree with that, it will not help you, but they just want you to succeed and if they don't saw you xheating they will tell you anything. An other bad aspect is that it's clearly hard to succeed in studies if youre coming from poor family etc...

lmaricot

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Semester 2 Week 4 Empty The education system in France by Roro

Post by Ropied Mon Feb 08, 2021 8:01 pm

Unlike some of our neighbours, our students (to use the terms high school/ college students) work all day, whereas our neighbours have much more free time in the afternoons. Yes, of course they don't have any holidays except Christmas/summer. Let me explain. the 8am-6pm to 15-17 year olds rhythm is very, very heavy. And honestly, as a student, I have several times had to rush through a maths homework assignment or an essay (in short, a homework that wasn't graded...) but more out of fatigue than out of laziness. "But yes, but we have two weeks off regularly" exactly, two weeks to do nothing, or you'll train your little brain before coming back to class with a fraction of the knowledge you had before the holidays. In such a system I understand the presence of repetition, which also testifies to its decadence. Socially speaking, I find it infinitely healthier to never have holidays, even if it means working mainly in the mornings. The "school pressure" is much less heavy, and the relationships you will forge will be much stronger, it seems to me that it is definitely more feasible to go and hang out with friends or go to the cinema with them at 2pm rather than 5pm. That's my personal opinion, but I find our school system outdated, even dangerous for school life, while being harmful to social life.

Ropied

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by clémence.varin Mon Feb 08, 2021 10:30 pm

OK, it's time to choose a topic and winner is "The Education system in France". I don't know what to say about "Honesty in France" but it's surely interesting.
SO, I think it's realy compliceted to set up an education system because there are so many different children. Some like the current one and others can't manage to find their places. For me, I don't really think I've really blossomed in this one, but I've managed to adapt and find my place. However, we can see that they are trying to find and change things (for example with the reform of the baccalauréat). Maybe it won't work, but trying is better than nothing.
For exemple, I like the American system because they really give students great opportunities to get interested in clubs (music, painting, science...). So when you're a sportsman and you can spend all your afternoons doing sports there's nothing better. In France, we spend too much time during the day sitting on a chair.

clémence.varin

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by romain mercher-gaëtan Mon Feb 08, 2021 11:21 pm

The French education system is divided into three successive levels of education: primary education (made up of three years of nursery school and five years of elementary school), secondary education (made up of four years of college and, generally , three years of high school) and higher education (accessible after the bac).for me it's a pretty long process
In France, we have school in class from 8 a.m to 6 p.m with a pause to eat of 1 hour so at the end of the day we "work" for 9 hours if it's a non-stop day and 7 hours if it's a normal day. In this period of Covid, this time has changed but that not what I want to say. Today, France is one of the most developed countries to do this system of education, to be more precise, even in bordering countries they not do this system because, in Belgium, they have school from 8:30 a.m to 15:30 with the Saturday and Sunday free; in Switzerland, they have school from 8:30 a.m to 4 p.m and to finish with examples in Canada, they start at 8:30 a.m and end at 4 p.m. Moreover these countries have a good result in education success and France is doesn't improve then an inch.In my opinion, we have to do something about our system, we have to change it, to reduce the amount of work for teachers and students, to reduce the schedule

romain mercher-gaëtan

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Landry NAULEAU Mon Feb 08, 2021 11:39 pm

The french education system... what a disaster ! i think we will agree that school is a privilege, and that the chance to be able to learn is not negligible. Enjoyed it, this is the only positive point I would take.
What to say... For me the French education system is completely upside down. Let me explain. With hindsight, I see the french education system as an influence on future society. For me the system does not prepare us for the trials of life, this system teaches us to become good little employees, wise, who submit to the system and their boss like harmless little dogs...
I don't understand why the system doesn't teach us the value of money, how to manage it, how to prepare for our future adult life, to lead your life as you want, to give us lessons that can put us on the right way.
How many people find themselves on the streets not for lack of money but for lack of education which has led them into poverty ?
How many people have fallen for the crime for lack of education, for lack of interest in what they are taught in school ? Why not learn the things in life which have a common interest, and which are important in everyday life ?
I'm not saying that knowing how to calculate an illegible formula is not important, I'm just saying that it's maybe more important to know how to pay an invoice or to know how to correctly express oneself as to one's own philosophy of life rather than calculating how many apples Jonh has left if he started out with 6 and ate two. Wink

Landry NAULEAU

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Anthony Lopez Tue Feb 09, 2021 12:12 am

The education system in France is quite special, we have many countries around us which use different  methods with sometimes less hours of lessons, moments reserved for the practice of sport. Moreover we have big concerns about visualizing success in France, if you have successfully completed your studies and have done a lot then you will be successful in life and you are an intelligent person according to the French system. If you choose a general spinneret then you will also have a better chance of succeeding in your life and even more if you take the scientific spinneret, on the other hand if you take a professional spinneret like a CAP then you would struggle all your life to work with a wretched salary. For me all this is false any training allows you to succeed in your life according to what you are looking for, many people with CAP do better than people with general bac it depends on your ambitions and your determination. There is a sentence that has always marked me the companies that hire you when you have done eight years of studies hire you because you have no character because if you had had it for a long time you would have quit and you would have gone up your own business. Since then, I have different business projects in my mind once my  studies are finished.

Anthony Lopez

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Bedon hugo Tue Feb 09, 2021 1:54 am

The education system in french is not my friend. I can’t say that because he give me the chance to arrive at the faculty. But since the high school he tries to discourage me or maybe it’s professor but professor are a part of education system. So in my first year of high school « head teacher »i don’t know how i must write it, but he don’t want to let me pass in the class economic and social because he say that the level is too high for me and for the class council the same i remember that the director of the etablishment told me that if i go to this class i will not succeed in passing the next year. But it’s the only class who ineress me so i was there without listening my professor and honestly i pass the two year easly and i’ve had twelve for the baccalauréat.

And the story was repeated for my orientation after high school. My professor told me that i will not succeed in staps and once again i’ve got my first year with 11 and the first semester too. Maybe i will repeat my third year but until now my professor is wrong.

This my complaint for the french system it’s too elitist and they don’t give the choice they try to discourage us instead of just warning and encouraging us. I want to go in a school to become kiné and it’s the same so many school refuse me. Nobody gives us the chance so. A lot of normal student who were no the best of their school must go in belgique or spain to become kiné.
I want that it will change one day

Bedon hugo

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by jonas Jamai Tue Feb 09, 2021 10:00 am

The education system in France is a quite good when you are in college. In primary school the system is France is not interesting. When I compare the France system and the usa system I prefer the usa system. Because when a came in France the first thing I Sayed to my mom after my first day at school was: I will not return in this school. I didn’t liked my teacher she was allays heling streaming and I hate that. I don’t think that you need to scream at somebody to make him lessen. After I prefer the us system because the program is more interesting, we learn how to speak in front of people.

jonas Jamai

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Feb 09, 2021 10:38 am

Landry NAULEAU wrote:The french education system... what a disaster ! i think we will agree that school is a privilege, and that the chance to be able to learn is not negligible. Enjoyed it, this is the only positive point I would take.
What to say... For me the French education system is completely upside down. Let me explain. With hindsight, I see the french education system as an influence on future society. For me the system does not prepare us for the trials of life, this system teaches us to become good little employees, wise, who submit to the system and their boss like harmless little dogs...
I don't understand why the system doesn't teach us the value of money, how to manage it, how to prepare for our future adult life, to lead your life as you want, to give us lessons that can put us on the right way.
How many people find themselves on the streets not for lack of money but for lack of education which has led them into poverty ?
How many people have fallen for the crime for lack of education, for lack of interest in what they are taught in school ? Why not learn the things in life which have a common interest, and which are important in everyday life ?
I'm not saying that knowing how to calculate an illegible formula is not important, I'm just saying that it's maybe more important to know how to pay an invoice or to know how to correctly express oneself as to one's own philosophy of life rather than calculating how many apples Jonh has left if he started out with 6 and ate two. Wink

I like it.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Landry NAULEAU likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Romain Robert Tue Feb 09, 2021 4:23 pm

In life everything changes. People are changing physically, but also their mentality is changing. Society evolves, technology evolves. Everything evolves and that's normal, that's life. But the French education system is the only point that has not changed. Since the school's inception, students have been sitting behind desks listening and taking notes. Is it normal that the only thing that does not evolve in our society is education?

Romain Robert

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum