UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Let's talk about end of year Evaluations.

+9
gwen
Amina
colineg
may-line david0
Ismail Benlemlih
camilleb
val_labeguere
floriendive
Admin
13 posters

Go down

Let's talk about end of year Evaluations. Empty Let's talk about end of year Evaluations.

Post by Admin Sat Feb 27, 2021 10:12 am

It's been a strange year this year so with just 4 sessions to go I'd like to give you the opportunity to suggest how you want to be evaluated for this semester.

I already have the team presentation you did earlier in the year and I have your weekly work. In previous years I've finished the semester with an individual "How to" video and a TOEIC test but this year the TOEIC test is not possible so what are your thoughts on how you want to be evaluated?

Do you want another oral comprehension? Would you like a 5 minute job interview? How about a random subject unprepared 5 minute 1 to 1 with me? Or maybe you would like to create a video CV or suggest to me a personal project (which involves research/writing and speaking) that you could do over 2 or 3 weeks?

Here's your chance to influence my decision. Give me your thoughts here.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Let's talk about end of year Evaluations. Empty Re: Let's talk about end of year Evaluations.

Post by floriendive Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:15 pm

Hello John!
Thank you for caring about our opinion. I liked the way we've been evaluated this year but I also like the idea of making a "how to" video. So I will be willing to do that as an evaluation Smile
floriendive
floriendive

Back to top Go down

Let's talk about end of year Evaluations. Empty Re: Let's talk about end of year Evaluations.

Post by val_labeguere Mon Mar 01, 2021 11:16 pm

Hello John !

To be honest I think the way you evaluated us during the first semester was good. Personally I really like oral comprehension so I don't mind doing it again. But if you want to vary the evaluation maybe you can ask us to exchange with you for about 5 minutes on a chosen subject, it's up to you !

val_labeguere

Back to top Go down

Post by camilleb Tue Mar 02, 2021 9:46 am

Hi John !
All types of exam would be okay for me, I don't really mind ; you are the teacher so you choose but if we can influence your decision I might prefer an oral comprehension (as the 1st semester) or a discussion with you about a topic for 5 five minutes that is probably my favourite type of exam.  Very Happy
Creating a video is a good idea but I am definitely not good for editing ...

I hope my opinion helped for your final decision.

camilleb

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Ismail Benlemlih Wed Mar 03, 2021 12:27 pm

Hi John !
I might prefer an oral discussion about a subject or a topic for 8 minutes. we would have the choice to talk about two topic that you will propose.
i think that's is the the best choice but i respect your final decision
thank you

Ismail Benlemlih

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by may-line david0 Wed Mar 03, 2021 3:33 pm

Hi john! 

Concerning the final evaluation, to be honest I would rather prefer something like the random subject, the how to video or some toeic test than the other thing that you suggested because I feel a bit overwhelmed and I don't want to spend hours to work on the final evaluation. Indeed, I'm still searching for my internship and will have to find an apartment as soon as I'll find one. So here's my opinion I hope you will understand and not say that I'm too lazy ahah but as you asked I prefered to be honest.
may-line david0
may-line david0

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by colineg Thu Mar 04, 2021 9:03 am

Hello John,
Personally, another oral comprehension will be great, I don’t mind this type of evaluation. It's a pity that TOEIC is not possible, because it's a good way to progress in grammar and everything else, maybe you can redo small parts of TOEIC on updago?
Otherwise the random subject, 5minutes 1 to 1, with you will be fine.

colineg

Back to top Go down

Post by Amina Sun Mar 07, 2021 2:30 pm

I think the assessment would have been better in person, but the choice was to do English at a distance so it's more complicated. For my part, I find that we already do a lot of speaking in each class, so something written would maybe be better, like listening comprehension for example.

Amina

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Mar 09, 2021 5:16 pm

So why do I only have 7 replies to this and the Sexy/sexist threads that have been up for 2 weeks?

Have my students stopped working in English? Have they even read all the articles that they should be preparing for Thursday morning? Am I getting worried?

You may think that this thread is pointless but I don't believe in an education system that doesn't educate the "whole" person. I believe that the student should have an integral part in the course that they have chosen to follow. I dislike the idea of putting a number next to a name to show "learning". Are we trying to educate people for life, to help a person be a productive and happy part of a community, to help them grow into their potential or are we trying to rank people on certain defined and undefined skills? Are we characters in a video game (Grammar 6, Structures 4, oral comprehension 8, oral expression 12 ....)or complex interactive human systems? bah! Why should I continue only 6 people will look and respond anyway :-) (copy and paste for other group changing the 6 to a higher number).
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by gwen Wed Mar 10, 2021 2:13 pm

Hey John!
I think everyone check on this, I check but I didn't reply yet, So I reply now. For the evaluations you should choose what you think is the best for us and you. But a oral discussion is a good idea.
See you tomorrow!

gwen

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Mar 10, 2021 2:24 pm

gwen wrote:Hey John!
I think everyone check on this, I check but I didn't reply yet, So I reply now. For the evaluations you should choose what you think is the best for us and you. But a oral discussion is a good idea.
See you tomorrow!

Laughing Gwen

That's a cop out. Are you a thinking individual with opinions and beliefs (that's a rhetorical question by the way)? Then share them with me. You know I'll make the decision anyway so you have nothing to lose. Wink
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Florian D. Wed Mar 10, 2021 2:26 pm

Hello John, 

I'm sorry because I didn't answer to your topic on the evaluation. The 1 to 1 previous oral was a really good exercise but it was really short. We don't have much time to talk together and I was a little bit disappointed because I like to talk with you every Thursday !

I think that the way you have rated us last semester was good, you mark oral comprehension and written expression and others. It was really complementary and it can really testify of our English level.

Florian D.

Back to top Go down

Post by gwen Wed Mar 10, 2021 2:42 pm

Laughing

Well, maybe you should do like the last semester oral comprehension (but with more time, because personally last time I didn't had time to finish) and a written expression. Or other idea you can give us a subject and we can talk about it in a video and send it to you, or a presentation like we did with the series/show.

gwen

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by LauraD Wed Mar 10, 2021 8:12 pm

Hi !

Personally I think a face to face interview with you is the best option. It allows us to really talk as if it were a normal discussion. But maybe a written one would have been good too as we didn't do it often. As you want !

LauraD

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ZakariaEL Wed Mar 10, 2021 11:08 pm

Well if we can choose and influence your mind for the evaluation.. i'd rather say that having a random subject unprepared and then have 5 minutes of discusion with you would be a great experience. At the same time, we are spontaneous and we try to have a debate on a topic that maybe we don't master at all. I think it could be a good challenge!

ZakariaEL

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by salomekj Thu Mar 11, 2021 2:16 pm

Hi John,
Sorry... I didn't reply not because I didn't see the post but because I really don't know how you could evaluate us. But you already choose so my intervention is not necessary. Don't take our lack of investissment personnally. I think after the vacation it was difficult to return to a school rhythm but you're right, it's not an excuse to not do our homework, especially since they are not cumbersome.
Your proposition is a good idea. With the current situation the best solution is to make an oral with you and 10 minutes seems pretty good.

salomekj

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down