UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Group 1 Week 3 Subject

+13
cdelage11
Martial.Avérous
Marina Boisedu
julie
Sahar Chehabeddine
LéaC
amandine.A
MaéA
Chloé Fuselier
Marie.David
cloe.delmarle
Admin
Amandine. G
17 posters

Go down

Group 1 Week 3 Subject Empty Group 1 Week 3 Subject

Post by Admin Thu Oct 14, 2021 2:31 pm

Tell me about your favourite Brand and why you like it so much.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Group 1 Week 3 Subject Empty Re: Group 1 Week 3 Subject

Post by Amandine. G Fri Oct 15, 2021 11:00 am

It's hard to choose a brand because I like too many. So I don't really have a favourite brand but rather a favourite sector : cosmetics. For example, I love “Too Faced” because it allows a unique brand universe by integrating sensory marketing whose is always more innovative and more surprising (the eyeshadow are perfumed). However, I enjoy ethical brands that are involved in eliminating chemicals products for their cosmetics. This is the case of “Lush” brand, whose philosophy is based on the promise of handmade products, made from natural products and not tested on animals.

Amandine. G

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Oct 15, 2021 11:11 am

Amandine. G wrote:It's hard to choose a brand because I like too many. So I don't really have a favourite brand but rather a favourite sector : cosmetics. For example, I love “Too Faced” because it allows a unique brand universe by integrating sensory marketing whose is always more innovative and more surprising (the eyeshadow are perfumed). However, I enjoy ethical brands that are involved in eliminating chemicals products for their cosmetics. This is the case of “Lush” brand, whose philosophy is based on the promise of handmade products, made from natural products and not tested on animals.

Perfumed eye shadow is an interesting concept but do they do flavoured lipstick? Kissing someone with cinnamon favoured lips sounds like fun. Razz
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Post by cloe.delmarle Sat Oct 16, 2021 1:15 pm

I can't find a favorite brand. I'm not really an active consumer, I am not buying a lot of stuff... But I can talk about a brand I like : Quicksilver. I like the clothes they are selling, it's looks nice and there are often linked to a theme I like : the sea. So I like the drawings for exemple. What I also enjoy is the environmental aspects of the brand : they are trying to be as much eco-friendly as possible, which is on my point of view, really important.

cloe.delmarle

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Marie.David Sat Oct 16, 2021 3:53 pm

If I have to choose a brand I like best, it would be Bobbies. Bobbies is a French shoe brand, the designs are made in Paris and are manufactured in Portugal. The products are 100% handmade. The brand's production method is based on a short circuit to limit the carbon footprint. I like this brand on the one hand for the beauty of its pieces, and the fact that I am a shoe enthusiast. On the other hand, I find myself in the brand's commitments.

Marie.David

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Chloé Fuselier Sat Oct 16, 2021 4:42 pm

I think my favourite brand is Burberry. Unfortunately, at the moment, I don’t have the money to invest in any of these products. Laughing What I like is their history, their products, their shows, as well as their communication. I find that the brand has evolved a lot over the years from a very classy style to a mix of chic and streetwear, which I find very interesting. This brand has created pieces that are now known all over the world. It's this kind of piece that I prefer, whether it's the trench coat or the bucket bag for example.

Chloé Fuselier

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MaéA Sun Oct 17, 2021 2:40 pm

Speak of my prefer brand it's difficult because I have not a favorite brand. I consume like everybody, but I'm not fan of particular brand. I love some products like the "white mochaccino" of Colombus brand, or the "millefeuille" of Paul brand, or McDonald's chicken nuggets'. You see, I speak that of food because food is life. Therefore I love brands of food. I advise you to go drink a cofee at Columbus, because the design is industrial and cumfortable. Their cofee is good. Their vibes are nice. It's a good cofee shop. So I like Columbus brand. But I'm not a fanatic, just I like their "white mochaccino" to drink a cofee with my best friend. Then, the bear on the brand is so cute and their products are not expensive.
I am so sorry for my "inspiration", but this subject is not my choice ! I raised my hand for another topic.

MaéA

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by amandine.A Sun Oct 17, 2021 3:10 pm

I tought that i didn't have a favorite brand but when i looked at my wardrobe and shoes i saw that i have a lot of Adidas's clothes and shoes. So i think one of my favorite brand is Adidas, i really like their hoddies and some of their sneakers. The Adidas's hoddies that i have are really comfy that's why why I bought them. I really love the style of their clothes. About the sneakers I am more picky beacause i don't buy shoes if i don't fall in love at first sight with the sneakers haha ! I just saw that my backpack's brand is Adidas too ! I really like Adidas i guess even if sometimes their products are expensive but when i really want a clothes or a sneakers of their brand i don't hesitate to buy it.
amandine.A
amandine.A

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by LéaC Sun Oct 17, 2021 5:04 pm

There are so many brands of clothes I like so I can't decide and I choose to talk about "Netflix" (I don't know if I can, if not, tell me I will change my post) which is a plateform (everyone knows it) where you can watch a lot of movies, series, documentaries when you take a subscription (It wasn't a lot expensive before but their prices have increased lately). I love spending my time on this during the week-end. It proposes a lot a choices, it adds many movies which stay on the plateform during months (I was so happy when Hayao Miyazaki's movies were available on Netflix) and they produce their own movies, series...!  It is easy to use, you can download videos on your computer or smartphone and watch it even if you don't have an internet connexion.

LéaC

Admin and MaéA like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sahar Chehabeddine Sun Oct 17, 2021 7:25 pm

I have a variety of brands that I like but if I were to choose one I would choose "thefutur". Thefutur is an online learning design and motion design platform owned by Chris Do. In fact, Chris Do's aim was to teach one billion people how to make a living doing what they love. Therefore they launched a campaign called 1Bminusone. Each people who applies on the platform is given a number; so far the number is 27 894.
Many design courses, books, workshops and bootcamps are constantly updated on the website and also on their YouTube channel. Thefutur also has and e-commerce shop selling merchandise of their brand, alongside the book called "A pocket full of do" rhyming to Chris Do's name.

Sahar Chehabeddine

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by julie Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:57 pm

It is really difficult to only choose one brand because there are so many but I think that I am going to choose the brand "Yves Rocher" . This is not my favorite brand of all time but I like it especially because it has an history. This is my mom that made me discover this brand when I was little and the first products that I have ever used for my skin were from this brand. I like their products because there are effective and really affordable. An other fact , this is a brand that pay attention to the environment , the majority of their products are made with natural ingredients and they are trying to make some efforts on their packagings to restrict plastic use.
It is a really good brand with important values and with a permanent evolution.

julie

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Marina Boisedu Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:52 am

I dont have a favorite brand because I don't get attached to them. But right now, I would say Disney +, because it hosts almost all of my favorite movies, such as the marvel universe, all the disney movies I'm still fond of and various series I looked forward to watch or re-watch. It always amazes me how it's so easy to have everything at the same place and at the tip of your fingers nowadays, whereas having to collection each and every dvd. It costs less as well to take a suscription on this kind of platform. However, I understand the appeal and satisfaction to build your own collection, but it's only a matter of preferences and how much money you are willing to spend on those things.

Marina Boisedu

Back to top Go down

Post by Martial.Avérous Mon Oct 18, 2021 4:09 pm

One of my favorite brands is Adobe, a company from the silicon valley, famous for its software suite for creativity (Photoshop is the most well-known). I'm a big fan of Premiere Pro and After Effects because that's a very powerful tool for video editing and fx creation. The branding around these software is always encouraging people to create via tutorials and promotion campaigns featuring artists of all kinds. The philosophy of the brand is to constantly improve the creation experience, for exemple working on an AI, Adobe Sensei, which simplifies the design process while helping you make informed decisions.

Martial.Avérous

Back to top Go down

Post by cdelage11 Tue Oct 19, 2021 12:35 pm

Generally, I couldn't say that I have a favourite brand in particular. However, being passionate about fashion and loving to take care of my appearance, I have long been used to buying a lot of my clothes from the Spanish brand of the Inditex group : Zara… I voluntarily put suspension points because I know that this brand is neither very ethical nor very ecological in its production methods, and I am aware of this ! That's why I try to adopt a more sustainable way of consuming by buying more in small independent shops or by looking for Zara pieces on Vinted, second hand. Moreover, even if the Spanish brand often offers nice pieces that I like, I regret the fact that you often see the same outfit too many times in the street, especially in Bordeaux ! Everyone dresses the same and the garment loses its charm…

cdelage11

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Emma Brancourt Tue Oct 19, 2021 2:41 pm

I don't have a favourite brand, but I love chocolate. And my favourite chocolate brand is Lindt. I love all their bars: dark chocolate and honey, milk chocolate, caramel chocolate, dark chocolate with 75% cocoa. They have also developed a new range of chocolate bars called Lindt Créations which include chocolate with praline, mint, marzipan and even rum!!! (omg). But, if you ever want to give me chocolate, my favourite is the 34% milk chocolate hazelnut bar.

Emma Brancourt

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Florian Kasprzak Tue Oct 19, 2021 5:37 pm

If I have to choose a favorite brand, I think I'll choose Pull & Bear. I think the majority of my clothes come from there in fact. I discovered this clothes brand at high school when I looked for a new style and this site did'nt disappointed me. I like the style between casual and original of their products and the service is not very expensive. There is a lot of interesting pattern on their shirts and I like the colors using in their different clothes and there is a lot, which make a large choice. I have to say that I found my two coolest and favorite shirt in a Pull & Bear shop in London, a good memory of this travel.

Florian Kasprzak

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucas Tue Oct 19, 2021 11:52 pm

I don’t really have a favorite brand but I’m crazy about video games and I’ve been playing them since i was 3. Playstation is one of my favorite brand in this universe. They produce exclusive games for their home console which are, for the most of their productions, of a marvelous quality. The gameplay is fantastic and immersive, the scenario is breathtaking and the graphics are to die for. There are of course some exceptions, not all the PlayStation exclusivities are good but a great part !

Lucas

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by GrégoryB Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:28 am

I don't really have a favorite brand because when I consume a product, I take the product that I think is "objectively the best". But some brands come back more than others, like Nintendo for example. Nintendo is a company that produces consoles but especially video games. It is a company whose products I have been consuming since my childhood. Why ? Because the company offers products that are different from the competition, which from my childhood until today have almost never disappointed me, their games focus on gameplay and fun instead of racing for graphics. Of course, Nintendo is not the only one to do this: from software, monolith soft and square enix are studios that I also appreciate.

GrégoryB

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down