UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Group 2 Week 3 Subject

+12
Amandine Thenault
Jason MASSIMINO
psol
Julien LUCAS
Amélia TLILI
Léonie
Nicolas Lecat
Lacombe Pauline
Emma Galan
Mélanie Pecchio
marie fourgnaud
Admin
16 posters

Go down

Group 2 Week 3 Subject Empty Group 2 Week 3 Subject

Post by Admin Thu Oct 14, 2021 2:33 pm

Music. What and who do you like and why? Put up a clip that you really like. What music do you dislike? What does Music add to the world? Is Music tribal?
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Group 2 Week 3 Subject Empty Re: Group 2 Week 3 Subject

Post by Admin Thu Oct 14, 2021 2:36 pm

Admin
Admin
Admin

Kelly Rajaona and Hanae Khallouk Temsamani like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Oct 14, 2021 2:38 pm

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by marie fourgnaud Fri Oct 15, 2021 11:35 am

I listening a lot of music in particulary when I am alone in my home. I don't have a favourite type of music but I like french variety, pop, rock.... But I hate Rap and electro. I like when the lyrics told a story. Actually I listening a lot of Julien Doré, radio hits, Coldpay and Ed Sheeran because I like the style and the atmosphere. I think music it's very important for escape and dream and music makes it possible to send messages without speaking.
The clip that I choose it's Mr/Mme of Loic Nottet because it's very poetic and this song touch me a lot.

marie fourgnaud

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Mélanie Pecchio Sat Oct 16, 2021 10:55 am

When I was in high school I couldn't go a day without music, the first thing we did was put on music just to wake us up (I was in boarding school).
I don't think I like a particular genre of music, it depends a lot on my mood, on the different periods of my life. I had times where I liked rap, raggae, electro, pop, even classical, all kinds of music.
But if I have to choose, it will be electro-pop.

Nowadays I listen to less and less music, but I really enjoy the songs of The Weeknd and Ultimo.
The first one always puts me in a good mood, he has songs that are really motivating and that sound good.
The second one, I like his way of singing, and also I really like the Italian language, it's really beautiful, and it also allows me to learn this language without thinking about it.

But on the other hand, I really don't like commercial music, like Aya Nakamura, Jul, ... especially French music, because what they say does not make any sense and with the autotune, it is just awful to hear.

For me, music helps to convey a message, to feel certain emotions, to change our outlook on things and to transport us somewhere else.

Mélanie Pecchio

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Emma Galan Sat Oct 16, 2021 2:53 pm

When I was a little kid, my father came twice a month to pick me up in Bordeaux to take me to his home in Tarbes (joy of having divorced parents lol). During the ride, he used to listen to some records of pop rock music like Muse, U2, Coldplay, etc … I guess that’s why I love this kind of music now. I also like chill music, it relaxes me and inspires me when I draw. HONNE is probably the band that inspires me the most. Their songs are really soft with a touch of nostalgia yet some of them have a dancing vibe and I can’t stop singing when I hear them. I was supposed to see them in concert but uncle corona was passing by … (I was also supposed to see Imagine Dragons but once again my luck was against me --’).
I really dislike reggae, I don’t get the rhythm. Plus, I think the current commercial French music is disappointing. These French artists (Jul, Weshdene, BlacK M, ...) made songs with no messages, empty of feelings. IMO songs are made to convey feelings.
I don’t usually watch clips. I prefer listening to music while I’m doing something else like working or cooking. Here is the last song of HONNE (new album next week, can’t wait).
Emma Galan
Emma Galan

Admin and Kelly Rajaona like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Lacombe Pauline Sat Oct 16, 2021 3:54 pm

I listening to music everywhere and all the time : in a car, in a shower, when I walk, when I work, when I do sport (so rarely)… and it’s good, but not for my family and my friends because when I listen to music I can’t help to singing (in truth im just screaming). According to my family the real problem it’s my voice because they tell me I sing off-key, but it’s not my opinion (family disagreement).
In terms of music, I listen different types and artist but I have a little preference for the song of the years 2000, they are so dramatic, I like singing them body and soul.
I love too latino songs because they put me in a good mood, they are lively and they remind me of summer, sun and heat (I hate winter, cold and song who put me in a sad mood). What I like with this type of music it’s even if subjects of songs could be sad, musics will be staying rousing, unlike English song who often are sad.

Lacombe Pauline

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicolas Lecat Mon Oct 18, 2021 7:46 pm

I listening a lot of music, when i'm in sport, especially rap. I like french rap and americain rap. I listening different types of music like rock and drill song too. In my car, i hate radio stations like "cherie fm" because i think the music is old and the atmosphere is bad. I love music of summer because generaly this music is good and gives a boost.
Finally, i think that music is essential in life, when i am sad i listen music, when i am happy i listen music, when i work, i listen music. The music is important in my life. Futhermore, i think music, is a good means of communication, and music brings people together.

I can't put my music video, sorry.

Nicolas Lecat

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Léonie Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:31 am

I cannot tell a favorite singer or a favorite group, there are too many to choose. I usually listen to French RAP and US RAP, R’n’B and electro music. I do not like death metal, it is too creepy and too particular for me. Also, I do not really appreciate opera music because I think it is a bit boring for me. However, there is some kind of music that I can easily listen to when I am alone and I want to rest. It is piano solo. Piano is my favorite instrument. I found its sound so beautiful. Sometimes, when the melody is too sad, I can even cry (very sensible person I am, sorry). Thus, I listen to piano cover of anime’s OST. Guitar covers are also really good for some. Now that I talked about my little secret garden, I put below a clip of a song that I often listen these days.

Léonie

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Amélia TLILI Tue Oct 19, 2021 11:45 am

I love music. I listen it everywhere! when I walk, when I am in the car, when I am at home or when I am on the bus.
I grew up with music. At home, my family always put on music. Since I was 13 I have been listening to Latin music. Precisely bachata. I know to dance bachata. Music puts me in a good mood, it makes me feel good. I also listen American music, I love RnB. But the music that I will listen to all my life is "Angelito" from the group Aventura. This music soothes me.
For me, music is very important. When i am sad i listen sad music it makes me want to cry ( Laughing ). I listen music but I don't know to sing.

Amélia TLILI

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Julien LUCAS Tue Oct 19, 2021 4:15 pm

I listen to music almost every time in my headphone, not on a speaker because I don’t want to disturb my neighbour. I really love French song and specially rap but I can listen any kind of music if I’m not alone. I listen the same playlist with same song every time so it’s hard to not sing when someone is with me.
I really love one artist named “Spider Zed”, he can sing sad thing on a happy melody, or just sing things like “nothing really interesting in my life but I try some things and I’m happy with this” and I really like it.

In my opinion this music is his best.

Julien LUCAS

Back to top Go down

Post by psol Tue Oct 19, 2021 5:56 pm

Honestly, I love almost all styles of music and I can listen to them all too, although I only listen to rap and pop on my own. Although the music and the clip that I propose are not an official version but are produced by the fans, it brings together artists mostly deceased (xxxtentacion, Juice World), and who really accompanied me during my teenage years and who created music that I could find myself in. I think I can listen to any kind of music, as long as I really want to get involved in a particular style, I'm probably less affected by experimental music and trans music. For me, music allows you to feel very strong emotions and develop your curiosity, and also brings together the whole world and all nationalities.

psol

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason MASSIMINO Tue Oct 19, 2021 7:01 pm

According to my Spotify account, you'll find my favorite musics within pop and Indie music. I'm not only listening to this kind of music, but I'd say this affirmation is correct. Everything that is made by Beyoncé, Moses Sumney or Lorde is going in my liked playlist right away (stream solar power). I also like some rap songs, mostly French Rap. When I wanna feel like a baddie, Shay is helping a lot (listen to the video at the end to understand lol).
I can appreciate at least one song in almost every style of music except when it comes to commercial French songs. The only way I would listen to this kind of song would be during parties in a nightclub, otherwise I would never listen to it by myself.

Jason MASSIMINO

Back to top Go down

Post by Amandine Thenault Tue Oct 19, 2021 7:35 pm

I've always listened to different kinds of music, from pop, rock, k-pop, jazz (especially new orleans one) and gospel, I was part of my high school choir. I can say that my musical tastes are kind of eclectic. In my playlist, I can easily switch from the last Justin Bieber song, to "blue suede shoes" by Presley. Since two years now, i have been obsessed with kpop, particularly by BTS. It's a south korean group, they're four singers and three rappers but also all of them are really great dancers. I really admire them, because they're truly hard-working. What's more, listening to them help me to learn korean. Then, there's this band that i listen a lot right now. They're called Chase Atlantic, i think they're from australia. What i like about them is the intensity they put in their words. I would like them to do a tour in europe, but apparently, the world stops at the borders of the US.
The music i avoid the most is french music in general, even if sometimes i find myself liking some of them. Most are made of unsubstantiated lyrics, which are only made to be broadcast on the radio.
Music is the greatest communicator. How to survive in a world without music? How to go through a day without music? Music helps a lot. Music, helps me to find myself, to express myself, to understand what's going on inside my head. Music is essential.

Amandine Thenault
Amandine Thenault

Admin, Kelly Rajaona and Hanae Khallouk Temsamani like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelly Rajaona Tue Oct 19, 2021 8:47 pm

Not gonna lie it is actually really hard for me not to drop a whole playlist on the forum right now. I could talk about music for hours, I listen to absolutely all types, my dad is a big fan of blues and rock i've marinated in his good tastes all my childhood.
However, I don't like to take the aux at parties because my playlist goes from Aretha Franklin to Jacques Brel passing by Jorja Smith and I'm not a big fan of french commercial musics which is what ppl mostly listen to. My favorite artists are Tom Misch, Tash Sultana, Jorja Smith and Khalid (and so much more in thruth) !
A day without music is definitely a bad day. I'm always humming or at least whistling, I put my earphones on every morning even though i have a 4 minutes walk to the CEPE. I think music gathers and allow talented artists to transform emotions into sounds people can vibe and relate to. It is kind of a language and there's no bad genre.

And now, even if the choice was haarrrddd, here's one of my daily dose of dopamine sunny sunny sunny

Last edited by Kelly Rajaona on Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kelly Rajaona
Kelly Rajaona

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucas Lesade Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:23 pm

I love a lot's of type of music to be honest, but my two most loved one, are rap and classical music, pretty paradoxal isn't it ?  
I listen to rap when i do sport, if im in a rush, or when i'm outside in the day. I listen to classical music mostly when i'm meditating, or alone at night when i can be calm, myself.
I don't really dislike any music to be honest, or at least none come to my mind right now.
There are a lot's of soundtrack i would love to share, i love a lot soundtrack from certain movies or series.
For classical, i will just share one from Rachmaninoff, really beautifull one, i will also share another one, a bonus one, everything is connected.  
Lucas Lesade
Lucas Lesade

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanae Khallouk Temsamani Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:41 pm

Actually when it comes to music, I would talk hours and hours without feeling bored. Music is so important in my daily life, and it always makes me happy and feeling myself.

I grew up listening to music, since my dad is a big fan of Bob Marley, so Reggae runs in my Blood. My mom likes a lot classical Arabic music, and we always sing together. My older brother was obsessed with Rock/Metal style, so I was always listening with him. And my other brother was really into Rap music (Especially Moroccan and American Rap), and I was really influenced by this style in my childhood/adolescence era. So I was literally immersed by ALL kinds of music since I was a kid. And the more I grow up the more my interests on music are getting important in a professional way (I would love to work in this industry).

And lately I discovered a new style of music, it’s called kpop (Korean pop), and since then I’m obsessed with the songs, the vibe, the level of professionality and the creativity in the music videos, and I’m amazed by the hard work since the singers have to sing and dance the whole performance at the same time.
And since Amandine talked about BTS, a Korean group, I putted up a music video of a collaboration between them and Coldplay (my two favorites bands ! I love you ).

Hanae Khallouk Temsamani

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Imane ZEKHNINI Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:27 pm

I love listening to music way too much. I always daydream while listening to it. I like all type of music to be honest, I listen to everything, it just depends on my mood. There are a lot of songs that I want to recommend, but they are all in different genres. In general, I listen to American pop. In fact, I love Britney Spears' music so much. For me, she is the pop icon. Her songs are so catchy and they always make my mood better. I discovered a lot of songs that I liked via Tiktok (an app where people post videos about pretty much everything).
I listen to French songs too, Angèle is my favourite musician, she is not French but Belgian. I like her music because she manages to find a good way to talk about important subjects. And she has an amazing voice, it is so calming and soothing.
And of course, I listen to music that is in Arabic, I think it's the best type of music for parties. It is so hard not to dance when you listen to Arabic pop music.
Sometimes I listen to Japanese and Korean songs, I think that they are underrated.
I find it sad that people consider language an obstacle for discovering new music. I am glad that I do not think that way, because I don't know what I would have done without my spotify playlists.

I want to post more songs, but I will only post two (and I am about to have a mental breakdown over the fact that I'm not posting more), I hope you will enjoy listening to them!

Imane ZEKHNINI
Imane ZEKHNINI

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down