UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Week 6 Group 2

+13
Hanae Khallouk Temsamani
Léonie
Emma Galan
Kelly Rajaona
Amandine Thenault
Amélia TLILI
Admin
SARAH ROI
Imane ZEKHNINI
Julien LUCAS
Lacombe Pauline
Mélanie Pecchio
marie fourgnaud
17 posters

Go down

Week 6 Group 2 Empty Week 6 Group 2

Post by Admin Sat Nov 13, 2021 10:24 am

City/Countryside, Sea/Mountain and say why. Then ask another question for the next person Laughing
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Week 6 Group 2 Empty Re: Week 6 Group 2

Post by Admin Sat Nov 13, 2021 10:25 am

e.g. Countryside because I hate people, Sea because I love the motion. Cat/Dog

of course you will say a lot more than that.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by marie fourgnaud Sat Nov 13, 2021 1:48 pm

To live every day, I prefer the city because I am a city dweller, I have always lived in the city and I do not know the life in the countryside. And I love the energy of the city, having all the shops nearby, the health services... But sometimes in the weekend I like to go for a walk in the countryside, especially in the forest, it’s relaxing.
But in my future life I dream of living by the sea. I love the sea and the seaside with the beaches, the harbours and the cliffs because for me, the sound of the waves is relaxing and the landscape changes regularly as the tides.
For the next person: you prefer the sound of waves or the sound of leaves in the forest?

marie fourgnaud

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Mélanie Pecchio Sun Nov 14, 2021 11:26 am

For me I don't separate the city/countryside with the mountain/sea, because I like living in the mountains, we have a lot of activities to do there and I like the fact that you don't have to move far to see a totally different landscape, for example sometimes you just have to move of 50 metres. That's why I really hate the countryside, it's just fields, nothing changes, it's always the same landscape and I feel like something is missing, it's a bit depressing.
So if I have to choose between city and countryside from my point of view, it would be the city, because it's easier to vary what you do and you have the choice.
And if I have to choose between the mountains and the sea, I'll choose the mountains for living and the sea for holidays.

To answer Marie's question about what I prefer between the sound of the waves or the sound of the leaves in the forest, it will be the sound of the waves, because that means the sound of the holidays for me.

For the next person: What is your favourite season and why?

Mélanie Pecchio

Back to top Go down

Post by Lacombe Pauline Mon Nov 15, 2021 1:06 pm

If you have read my other posts, you know that I hate the cold and the rain. So it seems evident to me that I prefer the beach and the sun than the cold and the mountains. Concerning the countryside, I used to live there, and I spent several of my vacations in the Creuse (in the diagonal of the void). However, I am not very comfortable in the nature and far away from civilization, so I would say that I prefer the city even if living there is sometimes exhausting (traffic jam for example).

To answer Melanie’s question, I prefer the summer because I love the sun, and the mood of this season.

For the next person : what is your favorite activity when you’re in vacation ?

Lacombe Pauline

Back to top Go down

Post by Julien LUCAS Tue Nov 16, 2021 12:41 am

I prefer countryside because it’s quiet and nobody is hurry. Between sea and mountain I don’t know, I have never been to the mountain but I think it can be cool to walk and have a really good viewing point

To answer Pauline’s question it depends, if i’m travelling I will try to visit lot of place and especially park, I don’t really know why but I love walk in park in this case. Otherwise, I never do it, I visit only one-time Angouleme’s park and I just have to walk 10 minutes to get here.
If I’m not travelling, I just stay at my home or my apartment trying to watch one movie by day.

For the next person : what do you prefer : have a rest during the break or go away (even in France) to visit or just to see your friends ?

Julien LUCAS

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Imane ZEKHNINI Tue Nov 16, 2021 2:01 am

I've always lived in the city, and the days I spent in the countryside were so much better. If I could, I would get a house in the countryside 30mins away from the city, and drive everyday to go to school/work. It's so calming, it is good to feel like you are away from everyone, and not hear the sound of cars and people yelling in the streets. For real, sometimes you cannot even take naps peacefully because there are people screaming outside.
In Morocco, our house is next to the sea, and I don't like it because it triggers my allergies, it's cool to be able to go to the beach whenever you want, but it's bad to have to sneeze all the time because of it.
I think that living in the city is overrated and stressful, you constantly worry about the noise people love to make, as if they are the only ones on earth.
To answer Julien's question, I prefer to have a rest and spend time alone with myself, to take a break from people because socializing is good but can be draining sometimes. Or I just go see my family, because I feel the most peaceful when I'm at home, it's my comfort place.

For the next person : what was the last song you listened to and did you like it ?
Imane ZEKHNINI
Imane ZEKHNINI

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Week 6 Group 2 Empty I don't believe in democracy

Post by SARAH ROI Tue Nov 16, 2021 2:29 am

I like cities better, and to answer Imane's question i'm currently listening to Wait a Minute! by WILLOW and i really like it.
Anyways, as the title of my post mentions, I don't believe in democracy which is why I'll talk about Britney, as I wanted.
Britney is, whether you like it or not, a monument of pop music. Most of her songs are classics and will never be outdated.
Not only does she make pretty good music, she's also, in my opinion, a great model for people. She has struggled with mental health her whole life and been harrassed by the paparazzis and the press for more than half her life which conducted to her having several mental breakdowns in public and losing slowly everything she had. The right to have the custody of her children to being force into an extreme guardianship situation. But she still managed to stay strong into this situation and kept her hope up.
And it worked !
As of last Friday, Britney is now free from her guardianship and can now do whatever she wants after 13 years which i'm really glad about.

Q: who's your favorite person in the world ?
SARAH ROI
SARAH ROI

Admin and Kelly Rajaona like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Nov 16, 2021 8:20 am

Imane ZEKHNINI wrote:I've always lived in the city, and the days I spent in the countryside were so much better. If I could, I would get a house in the countryside 30mins away from the city, and drive everyday to go to school/work. It's so calming, it is good to feel like you are away from everyone, and not hear the sound of cars and people yelling in the streets. For real, sometimes you cannot even take naps peacefully because there are people screaming outside.
In Morocco, our house is next to the sea, and I don't like it because it triggers my allergies, it's cool to be able to go to the beach whenever you want, but it's bad to have to sneeze all the time because of it.
I think that living in the city is overrated and stressful, you constantly worry about the noise people love to make, as if they are the only ones on earth.
To answer Julien's question, I prefer to have a rest and spend time alone with myself, to take a break from people because socializing is good but can be draining sometimes. Or I just go see my family, because I feel the most peaceful when I'm at home, it's my comfort place.

For the next person : what was the last song you listened to and did you like it ?

Imane, Angouleme is not near the sea and you have allergies here. I think you are simply allergic to life.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Kelly Rajaona and Hanae Khallouk Temsamani like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Amélia TLILI Tue Nov 16, 2021 3:03 pm

I love living in the city. I'm a city person. I grew up in a small town in the Franche-Comté but when I went to university in Nancy I started to appreciate city life. But, I love to go on vacation to the sea and to the mountains. I love walking on the beach, listening to the sound of the waves, watching the sunset.
I also like walking in the forest, it allows me to relax and think about something else.
To answer Sarah: my favorite person in the world is my sister, she is everything to me. She is my example.

For the next person: what job do you want to do?

Amélia TLILI

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Amandine Thenault Tue Nov 16, 2021 7:00 pm

I love the city and the countryside. The city and especially the ones who never sleep, who are busy every day. Cities where i can hear the sound of horns mixing with the rails of the subway. I love the atmosphere of cities that are busy. On the other hand, to recharge my batteries, i would spend weekends in the countryside, where silence is noisy. What could be better than a walk in the middle of the forest with your dog? I love these little moments of life, far from the hustle and bustle of the big cities. I think i'm the kind of person who prefers the sea to the mountains, even if i really like hiking in the Alps, which is near my house.
The sea, and especially the ocean is where i need to be, to feel kind of free. I often go there just to hear the sound of the waves crashing on the rocks, or to wait for the sunset. The vastness of the ocean reminds us how small we are.
To answer Amelia's question, id like to work in marketing in a publishing company.
My question for the next person is: are you happy with your life right now?
Amandine Thenault
Amandine Thenault

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelly Rajaona Tue Nov 16, 2021 7:31 pm

I like countryside more but i really appreciate spending time in big cities occasionnally. I've lived in both environements and countryside is my favourite, I like calm and space, i love walking my dog in the fields and the little paths behind at my parents' house. During summer, with my boyfriend we frequently take our camping chair, a bluetooth speaker, some soda, both doggos and we spend the entire afternoon in the fields, in the forest or at the lake near its place, and we just enjoy the sun and the pleasant landscape. As i said i love calm, and i really admire nature (i'm indeed a spiritual human), spending time in these types of places has been quite good for my mental health actually.
However, i still appreciate going in big cities from time to time, crossing busy people path, walking in crowded streets in pretty towns just to feel like i'm living "a fast life" and being a grain of sand among billions (thank u sarah for this expression), being pleased by architecture and entertained by all the things that can happen around me.

To answer Amandine's question : I'm okay. I have known so much worse, even tho the situation isn't satisfiying me so much, i don't complain, i'm just vibing at the moment. I just don't look further than my confort zone everyday, nothing bother me lol. I'm just waiting for the time to pass

And i don't know if there will be someone after me but here's my question : If you could time travel where would you go ?
Kelly Rajaona
Kelly Rajaona

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Emma Galan Tue Nov 16, 2021 7:40 pm

I definitely prefer living in a city. I love the sounds of the city. It might be awkward but listening to the police sirens at night before sleeping soothes me. I don’t think I could live one day in the countryside. I mean, it’s probably a great place to take holidays. To be cut off from the hustle and bustle of the city is surely relaxing but I need my dose of noise. I don’t like to be alone. Once, I went to my grand aunt’s house in a forgotten place. There were only fields around and no wifi. What a hard time for me ! If you want me to stay in the countryside, there must be wifi and it has to be near the sea, (what a smooth transition) because I love the ocean. I was talking lately about the city’s sounds but I have to admit that wave’s sound is pretty good too. I guess I prefer the sea to the mountains because I equate mountains with winter and I don’t like this season. I prefer chilling at the beach during winter. Taking my beach towel and a book, sitting on the warm sand, feeling the wind of the sea : that’s my perfect dream.
Now I should answer Amandine's question … eeehhh it changed, so to answer Kelly’s question, if I could time travel, I would go back to Antiquity. It’s a time period I really enjoy and I’m curious to see what looks like a real gladiator fight.

For the next lucky one : pain au chocolat or chocolatine ?
(team chocolatine’s here, sorry not sorry)
Emma Galan
Emma Galan

Back to top Go down

Post by Léonie Tue Nov 16, 2021 7:47 pm

When I will be able to get my own house or apartment, I would like to live the city rather than in countryside. Indeed, I do not want to be far from shops, supermarkets or places I like to go out. It’s not that I don’t like them, but I don’t want to have cows as my neighbors. Countryside is too calm and I think there is nothing to do. I want to live in a big city like Toulouse for example, where I will be able to do many things with my friends. I like lively cities. Then, between living near the sea or at the mountain, I would prefer to live near the sea. In fact, I think that the sea is beautiful, it is nice to swim in during the summer. It is also pleasant to have a walk on the sand in autumn. The ideal would be to have a holiday house near the sea.
My answer to Emma’s question is, obviously: Pain au chocolat. That’s the only way to say it.
My question for the next person is: What do you want for Christmas ?

Léonie

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanae Khallouk Temsamani Tue Nov 16, 2021 9:07 pm

Personally I would like to have 2 houses, one in a countryside and the other one in the city, and like that I will be able to spend time wherever I want. For me, living in a countryside is such a mood, and since I’m a nature lover, I will really enjoy spending my time there between mountains, flowers, fields and trees. Living my life peacefully, breathing fresh air, and waking up by the singing of the birds. And even more, in a countryside I can also produce my own food, raise animals, and grow plants, fruits and vegetables (The perfect life !). But since I’m an optimistic person, who likes life and people, It would be boring to live my whole life in a countryside, that’s why I need a second house in a big city !! There is so much to see and experience in the bright lights of the city that I cannot get in the countryside : the exciting and pleasurable part of life.
So to answer Léonie’s questions : I just want to see my family and my friends for Christmas… I really miss them !
I don't even know if there will be someone after me to respond but here's my question : What’s your biggest fear ?

Hanae Khallouk Temsamani

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason MASSIMINO Tue Nov 16, 2021 10:30 pm

When I was a child, I used to live in the countryside. I lived in a small village in the south of France near the sea for the first 18 years of my life and I'm pretty glad I spent my childhood there. I feel like nothing would have been the same if I had spent it in a big city. At 18, I moved to Aix-en-Provence, but things didn't really changed. Aix is a small city, you get used to live there really quickly. I really loved it tho. Then, I experienced living in Budapest, which have been the biggest city I lived in. Life is kinda different I would say, but I got use to it and I learned how to love it. You can go from a place to another without using a car, which I really love, everything is nearby when you live in the city center, it's way more convenient. Now that I'm back in France, and that I moved to Angoulême, I miss living in a big city like Budapest. I also miss living by the sea, with a nice weather most of the time like in the south of France. Also, I loved living in the countryside but I think I'm now ready to live a a city for a few years.
To answer to Hanae's question, I'd say right now my biggest fear would be to live in Angoulême for the rest of my life.
And the question I ask to the next person is : is there something you're really proud of ?

Jason MASSIMINO

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicolas Lecat Wed Nov 17, 2021 12:28 am

Since I am a child i live in the countryside. I lived in a small village in the north of France with my family. I think the countryside is a good place because, it's reassuring, when i was child, i could play in the street, ride a bike with friends and it's a very good memories. Also, to study, i live in Angoulême, it's smaller than Amiens, the first city where i lived for studies. For me, the city it's really stressfull, because there are many people and car. I prefer the countryside, for his tranquility and i think, later go back to live.
And to answer to Jason's question, yes, i'm proud for having succeded in my sport.
For the next personne : Can you tell me a joke ?

Nicolas Lecat

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucas Lesade Wed Nov 17, 2021 12:31 am

Either I do not really have a preference between the city and the countryside, I lived all my childhood until my 18 years in the countryside, with very few inhabitants, then I went to live in the city for my studies. I like the city, it’s still more convenient than the countryside for all activities. As for the other choice, I much prefer the assembly, I always liked the cold, so without hesitation the mountains.
To answer the question of Nicolas, what do you call a bee that come from america ? a USB...
And since everyone answered it's useless to ask another question...
Lucas Lesade
Lucas Lesade

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by psol Thu Nov 18, 2021 3:57 pm

I lived in the countryside until I was 17, so for now I will say that I am more drawn to big cities and large populations, what I like most about big cities in general and what 'one does not find in the countryside, it is the diversity of cultures, the architecture of the beautiful buildings, the history of the city, the simplicity and the easy access to all the outdoor activities. But i think i will always be attracted to nature and loneliness, i think it is a part of life, later calm will attract me no doubt.

psol

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down