UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Group 2 - Semester 2 - Week 2

+10
Marina Boisedu
Emma Galan
Imane ZEKHNINI
Lucas
Léonie
Martial.Avérous
SARAH ROI
Sahar Chehabeddine
cloe.delmarle
Admin
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Group 2 - Semester 2 - Week 2 Empty Group 2 - Semester 2 - Week 2

Post by Admin Sat Jan 15, 2022 10:35 am

Seems no-one from group 2 comes here to work before Tuesday evening Rolling Eyes

Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Lucas likes this post

Back to top Go down

Group 2 - Semester 2 - Week 2 Empty Re: Group 2 - Semester 2 - Week 2

Post by cloe.delmarle Sun Jan 16, 2022 11:18 am

If I remember correctly, the topic is the following : which invention would you like to have in your daily life, or so ? I hope I remember well, because i'm going to answer this question.
I think something really useful for me would be an invention which somehow could bring me my breakfast ready every morning in bed. I don't know how it would work, maybe it would magically appear, from my ceiling above my bed and there would be a tray with a coffee, some water, toasts with butter... I think it would be perfect to put me in a right mood every morning.

cloe.delmarle

Admin, Kelly Rajaona and Lucas like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Jan 16, 2022 11:25 am

cloe.delmarle wrote:If I remember correctly, the topic is the following : which invention would you like to have in your daily life, or so ? I hope I remember well, because i'm going to answer this question.
I think something really useful for me would be an invention which somehow could bring me my breakfast ready every morning in bed. I don't know how it would work, maybe it would magically appear, from my ceiling above my bed and there would be a tray with a coffee, some water, toasts with butter... I think it would be perfect to put me in a right mood every morning.

I think that invention is called " a Husband" Wink
Admin
Admin
Admin

cloe.delmarle and Lucas like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sahar Chehabeddine Mon Jan 17, 2022 3:48 pm

If I were to invent something, or wish for an invention in my life, I would say a cooking robot. I love food, and especially I love eating, but I'm not always in the mood for cooking.
Sometimes I find cooking as a therapy, but when you're most of the time in the hurry, I guess having your dinner ready is not a bad idea after all (without having to buy ready-to-go dinner from the supermarkets everyday).
Maybe you can also choose which cuisine you like to try, which plate, and it wouldn't matter if you're a good or a bad cook after all.

Sahar Chehabeddine

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Jan 17, 2022 4:00 pm

Sahar Chehabeddine wrote:If I were to invent something, or wish for an invention in my life, I would say a cooking robot. I love food, and especially I love eating, but I'm not always in the mood for cooking.
Sometimes I find cooking as a therapy, but when you're most of the time in the hurry, I guess having your dinner ready is not a bad idea after all (without having to buy ready-to-go dinner from the supermarkets everyday).
Maybe you can also choose which cuisine you like to try, which plate, and it wouldn't matter if you're a good or a bad cook after all.

When I was a boy that invention was called "your mother" but that of course would be a sexist way to think nowadays.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Lucas likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by SARAH ROI Mon Jan 17, 2022 7:29 pm

I'll answer for what invention I'd like to invent, because this isn't really applicable to my daily life. This might already exist but I'm too lazy to check. I'd invent a pill which would be nutritious enough so it could potentially end hunger. Kinda like in Charlie and the chocolate factory (the gum) except you wouldn't be able to taste anything, it would just bring you all the strength you need from a normal meal. Of course it would be free and could also be used for when you are too lazy to cook. I know it has downsides (like the fact to not actually eat and not being able to enjoy food) but it's more useful than hurtful so it's worth it.
SARAH ROI
SARAH ROI

Kelly Rajaona and Lucas like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Martial.Avérous Mon Jan 17, 2022 9:42 pm

During my lifetime, I would love to try some invention that science fiction shows us for decades. The main ones will obviously be the flying car, the teleportation cabins and a lot of new transportation modes. But none of them can compete with the Hoverboard. I am referring here to the pink flying skateboard in Back to the Future Part II. In the movie everybody can ride one in 2015, but for now we just have this weird small Segway without handlebars that people call “Hoverboard” and it’s definitely not flying.

Martial.Avérous

Admin and Lucas like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Léonie Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:44 am

I am not really inspired by this topic but I suddenly thought of one invention about clothes. It would be an infinite wardrobe, where you have all the clothes you want on a screen and you can choose your outfit for the day. Like in the Sims for example. Instead of buying clothes and perpetuate fast-fashion, you can choose daily your outfits, with whatever you want and you can save money.

Léonie

Admin, Hanae Khallouk Temsamani and Lucas like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucas Tue Jan 18, 2022 2:46 pm

If I were to invent something to make my daily life easier, I would make a cloning machine and clone myself so my clone could go to my classes and to work on the weekends, do my homework and learn things instead of me. However, everything he does, everything he reads and learns, all the knowledge he earns would be transmitted to my brain instantaneously. Therefore, I could enjoy my free time, learn things without moving a finger, I could enjoy what I love to do and play video games, cook, see my friends, watch series and movies, go out, travel and so on.

Lucas

Admin and Hanae Khallouk Temsamani like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Jan 18, 2022 4:03 pm

Lucas wrote:If I were to invent something to make my daily life easier, I would make a cloning machine and clone myself so my clone could go to my classes and to work on the weekends, do my homework and learn things instead of me. However, everything he does, everything he reads and learns, all the knowledge he earns would be transmitted to my brain instantaneously. Therefore, I could enjoy my free time, learn things without moving a finger, I could enjoy what I love to do and play video games, cook, see my friends, watch series and movies, go out, travel and so on.

May I suggest "chomage"?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Lucas likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucas Tue Jan 18, 2022 4:24 pm

Admin wrote:
Lucas wrote:If I were to invent something to make my daily life easier, I would make a cloning machine and clone myself so my clone could go to my classes and to work on the weekends, do my homework and learn things instead of me. However, everything he does, everything he reads and learns, all the knowledge he earns would be transmitted to my brain instantaneously. Therefore, I could enjoy my free time, learn things without moving a finger, I could enjoy what I love to do and play video games, cook, see my friends, watch series and movies, go out, travel and so on.

May I suggest "chomage"?

I wouldn’t be able to earn money from that, but your proposition was very funny though lol!

Lucas

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Jan 18, 2022 4:29 pm

Lucas wrote:
Admin wrote:

May I suggest "chomage"?

I wouldn’t be able to earn money from that, but your proposition was very funny though lol!

Get a sugar daddy? clown
Admin
Admin
Admin

Imane ZEKHNINI and Lucas like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Imane ZEKHNINI Tue Jan 18, 2022 5:37 pm

Admin wrote:
Lucas wrote:
Admin wrote:

May I suggest "chomage"?

Get a sugar daddy? clown

Do you know where we can find one ?
Imane ZEKHNINI
Imane ZEKHNINI

Back to top Go down

Post by Imane ZEKHNINI Tue Jan 18, 2022 5:44 pm

I want a money printing machine to print as much money as I want. Or maybe a machine where you put the ingredients and you write the meal you want and it makes you the dish right away.. or maybe a robot that will clean my appartment and clothes for me. I wouldn't say no to a machine that will help me shapeshift (so that I can create drama in my boring life). And also, I would love a time machine so that I can travel both in the past and future because I'm very curious. I wish there was a machine that makes you change dimensions, I wanna know what the other me in a parallel world is doing right now. I want a machine that is the equivalent of a 3rd eye, because I wanna know if spiritual beings exist... bro I want so many things... I forgot to mention a machine that allows you to travel in your favourite tv show.. yes I'm greedy.
Imane ZEKHNINI
Imane ZEKHNINI

Back to top Go down

Post by Emma Galan Tue Jan 18, 2022 6:47 pm

I wish I could have a time machine. Not one that can bring me back in the 70’s or something else but one that can go back in time a few hours. I could fix my little mistakes thus. For example, if I forget to remove the cakes from the oven, I could use my time machine to remove them before they burn out. I could also use it to check the solutions of the graded assignments in order to have a very good grade.
I know I didn’t write a lot today, but that’s all this topic inspires me. Plus I completely forgot to do my UP English, so here I am doing my homework on Tuesday evening (with my time machine I could have posted earlier … Nah I’m just kidding, long live procrastination !)
Emma Galan
Emma Galan

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucas Tue Jan 18, 2022 6:58 pm

Admin wrote:
Lucas wrote:
Admin wrote:

May I suggest "chomage"?

Get a sugar daddy? clown

That, that’s a great idea, I’m looking for it right away !

Lucas

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Marina Boisedu Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:03 pm

I am always full of ideas, so I'd really love to be like dr strange and be able to use my astral self to work on two different things at the same time : sleeping / resting and working at the same time sounds incredible ! I could draw, write and play piano at the same time, that would be awesome ! As an invention I don't know, if not a time stone, well some device that I would be able to connect to my brain and have all of my crazy ideas written down by just thinking them or have the drawings I see in my head to automatically digitalized and not having to do it manually. But It sounds lazy though... and I love drawing with my hands. There are not enough hours in the day to do all the things I want to do, and it's frustrating. Maybe I just need a lifelong vacation then, just doing everything I like and nothing else. But that's possible by making my passion a living. I don't know, really. Tools directly connected to our brain sounds bad too.

Marina Boisedu

Back to top Go down

Post by psol Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:21 pm

f i had to create an innovation to improve my life i think it would be a Mr. Meeseeks box like in the rick and morty series so that the Mr. Meeseeks can do all my simplest but also the most boring tasks for me so that i can achieve and doing what I love casually.

Each Mr. Meeseeks is a tall, blue-skinned humanoid figure with elongated, narrow limbs, a large, bulbous head, beady black eyes, and a high-pitched voice. Some versions of him have one or more small patches of orange hair on their head, while others are bald. Mr. Meeseeks usually exhibits a friendly, cheerful, and helpful demeanor; willing to assist the one who brought him into existence, however possible, in order to ensure their own death. Ideally, Mr. Meeseeks will dispatch the simple task given to him, and disappear shortly after its completion. However, if given a task that is outside of Mr. Meeseeks' capabilities, he will not be able to cease existing. This unusual lifespan will cause Mr. Meeseeks' attitude and mental state to worsen dramatically; the relatively long and tortuous existence quickly driving him to violent behavior and outright insanity, including creating more Meeseeks to assist themselves if they have access to a Meeseeks Box. All Mr. Meeseeks will typically say "I'm Mr. Meeseeks, look at me!" upon being created.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mr._Meeseeks

Mr. Meeseeks Group 2 - Semester 2 - Week 2 File:Mr._Meeseeks

psol

Back to top Go down

Post by Chloé Fuselier Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:22 pm

Personally, I would like to be able to invent cryopreservation. In any case, it already exists but I would like to invent something very reliable so that people have confidence. But my ambitions are not to use it but rather to sell it to rich people for a lot of money. So, I would make a lot of money, so I would become rich, and it would make my life much more comfortable. Laughing Besides, since the rich would get cryogenized, I would become the richest person in the world and that’s cool. Cool

Chloé Fuselier

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanae Khallouk Temsamani Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:44 pm

Wow what a subject for today ! I will let my brain imagine freely and I will write here at the same time. (WARNING : it’s not realistic at all).

Hmm if I have the possibility to invent anything I want (any concept can be done), I will say the ability to go and to connect to other people in their dreams, and to bring anything I want from their dreams and their lives to MY real life (a bit selfish but funny though hihi). So that I can make a lot of money by stealing some secret recipes, having a lot of scoops, listening to some new albums of my favorite artists before everyone, meeting some celebrities and having a serious discussions with them about giving me a part of their business and some market assets (I will sign a contract in the dream so I can bring it with me in real life ! A bit complicated, I know). And the good part of the story (I have to write about the good use of my invention to not feel guilty, and so that people won’t judge me), with this machine I can connect to criminals in their dreams, and find out how they do their stuff, so that I can inform the police on real life 😊  

And if I have to talk about a realistic invention, I will say a machine for missing things, god only knows how many hours I spend looking for my keys, phone, sunglasses, remote control… it would be nice if there is a machine that locates all that stuff without making efforts.

Hanae Khallouk Temsamani

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelly Rajaona Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:50 pm

here i am doing my homework late at night hihi :$

i proposed "what invention would like to see in your lifetime"

I would like to create a USB key or SD card (more discreet) that we put on our temples to record our dreams during the night and visualize them the next day or anytime. This invention will allow (people like me) to be able to go back on their dreams in order to analyze the complex details which they didn't have time to pay attention to, to understand the subliminal messages, possibly to decipher premonitory dreams or even revolutionary and genius ideas (the ones that come to me when I sleep, I know I dreamed about them, but I can't remember them in the morning!!!)
It will also be useful to keep and save forever some memories, no need to take videos and pictures of our favourite moments, just enjoy, and the device will be recording it all for you <33

Kelly Rajaona
Kelly Rajaona

Admin, Martial.Avérous and Lucas like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:14 am

Imane ZEKHNINI wrote:
Admin wrote:
Lucas wrote:
Admin wrote:

May I suggest "chomage"?

Get a sugar daddy? clown

Do you know where we can find one ?

Olivier may be available affraid
Admin
Admin
Admin

Lucas likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:15 am

Imane ZEKHNINI wrote:I want a money printing machine to print as much money as I want. Or maybe a machine where you put the ingredients and you write the meal you want and it makes you the dish right away.. or maybe a robot that will clean my appartment and clothes for me. I wouldn't say no to a machine that will help me shapeshift (so that I can create drama in my boring life). And also, I would love a time machine so that I can travel both in the past and future because I'm very curious. I wish there was a machine that makes you change dimensions, I wanna know what the other me in a parallel world is doing right now. I want a machine that is the equivalent of a 3rd eye, because I wanna know if spiritual beings exist... bro I want so many things... I forgot to mention a machine that allows you to travel in your favourite tv show.. yes I'm greedy.

want, want, want. You were born in the right generation.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Hanae Khallouk Temsamani and Lucas like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:16 am

Emma Galan wrote:I wish I could have a time machine. Not one that can bring me back in the 70’s or something else but one that can go back in time a few hours. I could fix my little mistakes thus. For example, if I forget to remove the cakes from the oven, I could use my time machine to remove them before they burn out. I could also use it to check the solutions of the graded assignments in order to have a very good grade.
I know I didn’t write a lot today, but that’s all this topic inspires me. Plus I completely forgot to do my UP English, so here I am doing my homework on Tuesday evening (with my time machine I could have posted earlier … Nah I’m just kidding, long live procrastination !)

Emma you make mistakes so rarely that this invention would be useless.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Lucas likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:30 am

Chloé Fuselier wrote:Personally, I would like to be able to invent cryopreservation. In any case, it already exists but I would like to invent something very reliable so that people have confidence. But my ambitions are not to use it but rather to sell it to rich people for a lot of money. So, I would make a lot of money, so I would become rich, and it would make my life much more comfortable. Laughing Besides, since the rich would get cryogenized, I would become the richest person in the world and that’s cool. Cool

For a moment I thought you wanted to live forever. affraid
Admin
Admin
Admin

Lucas likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next