UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Second semester 3rd week

+24
dbondoux
Thomas Moreau
Rgnicolas
tom renoulleau
Mathis Tachdjian
Tom Corrivaud
cbezies
Antoine Delval
Louis ROGER
Larbre
youri b
Flavien P
florian
Théo DANGOUMAU
Anais Quéré
Fichot Timothé
Simon Martinet
alefev10
Lucie Proux
thibault olivier
Lydie Maroteix
Nathan Quiry
Pauline Lachevre
Admin
28 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Second semester 3rd week Empty Second semester 3rd week

Post by Admin Tue Jan 26, 2021 12:20 pm

Your choice this week is "Fishing" or "Omer Sy and his polemic" I know nothing about either subject I'm afraid.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Second semester 3rd week Empty Re: Second semester 3rd week

Post by Pauline Lachevre Tue Jan 26, 2021 3:41 pm

hi John,
This week I am more inspired by the subject of fishing.
I find it a satisfying activity but also a hobby. Some people can stay hours and hours waiting by the water with a fishing rod in their hands waiting for the right time to catch fish. Afterwards, there are several types of fishing, such as those that have fun fishing and then release just after their catch. Some places require fishermen to release fish. The goal is just to catch the biggest fish. Because some species of fish are simply protected.
Fishing brings together all kinds of people, whether amateur or professional, young or old, girls or boys.. Fishing attracts a lot of people.

Pauline Lachevre

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Jan 26, 2021 4:37 pm

Pauline Lachevre wrote:hi John,
This week I am more inspired by the subject of fishing.
I find it a satisfying activity but also a hobby. Some people can stay hours and hours waiting by the water with a fishing rod in their hands waiting for the right time to catch fish. Afterwards, there are several types of fishing, such as those that have fun fishing and then release just after their catch. Some places require fishermen to release fish. The goal is just to catch the biggest fish. Because some species of fish are simply protected.
Fishing brings together all kinds of people, whether amateur or professional, young or old, girls or boys.. Fishing attracts a lot of people.

The only good thing about fishing for me is sitting in the open air, reading a book (and drinking).
Admin
Admin
Admin

Pauline Lachevre likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathan Quiry Tue Jan 26, 2021 11:46 pm

Okay let's choose fishing because I'm an expert (nope). Honestely I knew nothing about fishing. You hear ? NOT A THING. But let's try anyway it might be funny. Fishing remains one of these activities that are an ancestral legacy of human kind. Humans used to fish for to survive but now it has become a hobby you do on the week-end to relax, think to your life or just take time. However as a hyperactive man I would probably be bored with five minutes of fishing. Or maybe I could be interested by fishing with a harpoon this would be way more funny and attractive.

Nathan Quiry

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Lydie Maroteix Wed Jan 27, 2021 5:37 pm

Honestly I had to search the internet for the subject of the controversy about Omar Sy. and after reading some articles I understand better where the problem comes from. Omar Sy has recently criticised the police because of the violence that some citizens want to live under police beatings. A few weeks or months later we find him in a film in the role of a policeman when in the past he had been able to criticise them. The twitter internet users, always extremely benevolent, asked him very kindly the why and how.
NOT AT ALL!
twitter users are the professionals of lynching on social networking, to get as much exposure as possible, and above all to do the most harm to people because it lifts their ego to be able to criticise someone famous. I'm not saying they're right or wrong, I'm just saying that if the polemic has grown it's because of the users who like the crunchy gossip like this one. And I think the people most affected by this story have either remained silent or have been more respectful than others.
Moreover, we must not forget in these stories that a film is not made in a few months and that the film may have been made maybe a year before! I don't know and no matter what the truth is, let's not forget that error is human, let's be more understanding before judging someone.

Lydie Maroteix

Admin and thibault olivier like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by thibault olivier Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:01 pm

Omar Sy and his polemic??
Okay, I read the comment of Lydie to understand what happened (btw, thank you Lydie, I save a lot of time), his comment he really clears so read the first part to understand the controversy point if like me you don't want to talk about fishing because you have nothing to say.
I don't want to add anything to what's Lydie says, because it would be "copy/paste" (can you confirm this expression I'm not sure).
I just want to say that, we should never forget that a film is a fiction, made to distract people we shouldn't paste an idea for an actor because of his role. For example Jack Gleeson plays Joffrey Baratheon in GOT the famous series produced by HBO. IN THE SHOW Joffrey is real sarcastic pervert and horrible personage, but in real life is described as a pleasant, discreet and laugh person.
By the way watch the series "LUPIN" where Omar Sy as the first role you will be impressed with his performance.

thibault olivier

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:23 pm

thibault olivier wrote:Omar Sy and his polemic??
Okay, I read the comment of Lydie to understand what happened (btw, thank you Lydie, I save a lot of time), his comment he really clears so read the first part to understand the controversy point if like me you don't want to talk about fishing because you have nothing to say.
I don't want to add anything to what's Lydie says, because it would be "copy/paste" (can you confirm this expression I'm not sure).
I just want to say that, we should never forget that a film is a fiction, made to distract people we shouldn't paste an idea for an actor because of his role. For example Jack Gleeson plays Joffrey Baratheon in GOT the famous series produced by HBO. IN THE SHOW Joffrey is real sarcastic pervert and horrible personage, but in real life is described as a pleasant, discreet and laugh person.
By the way watch the series "LUPIN" where Omar Sy as the first role you will be impressed with his performance.

Yes copy/paste

Agreed about not identifying an actor with their role. Silence of the lambs. Having said that actors like every other profession contain fools, idiots and ignorant mouths. Teaching is not exception. scratch
Admin
Admin
Admin

thibault olivier likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucie Proux Fri Jan 29, 2021 5:10 pm

Hello John!!
This subject it's boring!!!
But I wan't to speak of the fishing subject.
In fact I'm a campaign girl and during my young age my father had a place in which there are a fish drop all the week and the people going in this place for fishing but they do to pay. I liked this concept and I loved watch the people who fish it's "soothings???" and we make good meeting.
Personnaly, sometimes with a a branch, a wire and a hook I managed to catch small fish in the river down the house and I found it very pleasant at my young age!! Smile

Lucie Proux

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by alefev10 Sat Jan 30, 2021 2:00 pm

Let’s go catch some fish!
For me, fishing is formerly a survival activity (hunter-fisherman-gatherer). Indeed, fishing goes back to prehistory.
But with the arrival of shops, fishing has now become a leisure activity above all.
Thus, we fish in dedicated areas (reserves, farms..).
So, today you go fishing with your friends over a beer and you make the world better.
Fishing generally remains a retired or "old" activity in the same way on bridge. Maybe it will become fashionable again in the same way as knitting!

alefev10

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Simon Martinet Sat Jan 30, 2021 3:14 pm

Hello John, I assure you I know nothing about Omar Si or fishing, and I'm not interested in these subjects. I don't know what to say and which one to choose but the good thing is I have already written quite a bit without talking about a single subject. More seriously, we are going to talk about fishing. I remember I had to fish only one time in my life around 14-15 years old and that's all and i didn't like. I'm not patient so I stopped without even starting, the only thing that is for fishing is to sit and do nothing or catching gows ( the sim chaud is bock ). That all I have to say, I hope I was interesting

Simon Martinet

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Fichot Timothé Sat Jan 30, 2021 5:25 pm

Hello John,
This week I am interested in the subject of fishing. Despite the fact that I haven't had many opportunities to fish, I really like the concept. I find that this activity brings entertainment, excitement, relaxation and fun. Especially when you're with friends with an "aperitif" Wink
I have never had the opportunity to catch a fish, but I hope when I go back with the fishing genius Dimitri, we will be lucky.

Fichot Timothé

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Anais Quéré Sat Jan 30, 2021 6:22 pm

hello John, today I going to talk about Omar Sy. Personally, I love this actor because he is simple, honest and has a great acting talent. Not long ago, on Netflix, Omar Sy plays the role of Assane Diouf in "LUPIN". His purpose is to destabilize the police by using the improbable techniques of Arsène LUPIN - the burglar gentleman. He is role play is extraordinary ! He is very talented !
I loved this series because the suspense and intrigue make us addicted to it.
I was already fan of this actor and didn't expect such success from him in this series.

I look forward for part 2 to come out !!

Anais Quéré

Birthday : 2001-11-12

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Théo DANGOUMAU Sat Jan 30, 2021 8:06 pm

Hello John,

Today I chose to talk about fishing.
The peach is a fruit of the summer season which is produced by the peach tree (it is the name of the tree).
This fruit is delicious in the summer, personally I remove the skin because its texture is a bit rough.
Fishing can also be a sport, with competitions organised in several places where there is water nearby (lol).
Personally I think it's cool if you don't eat the fish during fishing competitions.
Fishing is also an ancestral practice that allows you to eat. Of course, you shouldn't abuse fishing because it can become over-fishing and harm the ecosystem.

Théo DANGOUMAU

Back to top Go down

Post by florian Sun Jan 31, 2021 3:15 pm

Hi john as each time our group cannot give its opinion on the chosen subjects, I admit that it is not yet very interesting. I admit that I have no idea what the controversy around omar sy is, and I'm too lazy to go look on the internet because it doesn't interest me much. So I'm going to talk to you about fishing, a subject that I don't know because I have done it once in my life and it was not really crazy. Afterwards I am young. But it seems fun with someone who knows so well and with good materials. Like jordan rak, a super student that you normally have

florian

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Flavien P Sun Jan 31, 2021 3:29 pm

Hey John, the Omar Sy controversy is outrageous to me. He only tells truths but Above all he talks about what he experienced when he was young. It's nothing new that there is police violence in France, but nobody wants to admit it. So when a person does it, all of a sudden they are criticized (many have criticized him for his main role in Arsène Lupin) and say he's lying. Then why is it that when Polanski raped minors he won an Oscar? Why did we disassociate the work of the artist when we don't for Omar Sy? For me it is not normal for this to happen.
So as I saw on Twitter, "Boycott more Omar Sy, we'll support him more. "

Flavien P

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by youri b Sun Jan 31, 2021 8:11 pm

i chose the subject of fishing , because since i was a child i have a particular interest for this activity :
my father was a fisherman mainly trap and linen fishing ; when he was retired , he bought a small plaesure boat ; i reminber some week ends we went for a sea trip and came back with few fishes ; my father was well equiped as a fish and dip radars ; we also went at beach fisheries whose depends of tides schedule ; we fished lot of crabs , torpedo ray , big shrimps and so on

youri b

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Larbre Mon Feb 01, 2021 9:43 am

Today I'm going to talk to you about the subject : the Omar Sy polemic. Although I do not think it is a polemic at all. But rather people who do not like the character (Omar Sy), in the middle of the celebrity are called these people haters. Indeed, the controversy comes from a parody of the song Doudou posted by Omar Sy on his Instagram account. In the short video, we can notice that Omar Sy slips into the clothes of his cult character "Doudou", in order to interpret the eponymous hit by Aya Nakamura. A skit that amused many Internet users, but also provoked the anger of some. Following the video, Omar Sy was accused of racism for allegedly caricatured the African woman. Omar Sy racist ? It is very good this one, on the contrary it is committed to the fight against racism. We can see him in the cult French series of the moment Lupin where Omar Sy plays the role of the famous gentleman burglar Arsène Lupin (a series that I advise you to watch John). In addition, the character that Omar Sy plays is also a victim of racism in terms of police violence... so through this series he also wants to show that racism is always present and that it is not a good thing.

Larbre

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Feb 01, 2021 11:52 am

I have put Lupin on my to watch list.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Louis ROGER Mon Feb 01, 2021 3:26 pm

Hello, this week i decided to talk about the topic of fishing. I choose this theme because when i was younger i loved fishing, and even today i like it. It was my grandfather who taught me to sin. He took me fishing fot trout when i was very young, then he taught me how to fish for carp. When he died he gave me all his fishing equipment that i keep preciously. I never dared to use his equipment. Even for going fishing whis my father who prefers to fish at sea. Fishing is the link that united me with my grandfather.

Louis ROGER

Back to top Go down

Post by Antoine Delval Mon Feb 01, 2021 5:09 pm

Hello Mr COX!
Today i will talk a little about fishing because i find this topic so funny. For my part, i never do fishing but my grandfathers do that and was good in this subject. I find i wasn't born in the great period for do that. With cell phone, and technology it separ us with the natural life like fishing or hunt. But who knows? Maybe one day, i take a little boat and i will going try to catch fishes on the charente, the Nouere or the touvre, notihng is impossible. Maybe when i will be retired ( if i can have this in the future..), i am fishing. I don't know but i think it's a great idea because it allows you to get some air and see other things that work work and still work....

Antoine Delval

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by cbezies Mon Feb 01, 2021 5:11 pm

Hi John,
I decided to talk about the subject of fishing because I don't understand the other. So, I would speak to talk about what fishing evokes to me. When I speak fishing, I remember the firs time, it was with my grandparents. We were in a montignac and my grandpa had bought me a fishing rod and we spent the afternoon fishing by the river. I had taken a place and my grandpa was a few mtres next to me but we are separated from the tress. I had been waiting for 3 hours but I don't have a fish....my grandpa had already been fishing 2 fish....So as I was bored, I decided to throw a stone into the river and my grandpa who didn't see me think it was a jumping fish... when I heard this I continued to throw stone into river and my grandpa thought jumping fish ahahah.....At moment he decided to stop and realease the fish.....Since that day I hate fishing.....too much wait for little results.......Bye John

cbezies

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Tom Corrivaud Mon Feb 01, 2021 8:03 pm

Hi John

I don't know about the polemic, I didn't ear nothing so let's talk about fishing.
I think fishing is a good way to relax with friends, furthermore if there is some beer and picnic.
We must be patient because sometimes there is no fish which want to fuckin' bite this fuckin' fishing hook.

Yes I'm not patient tho.

There are some TV shows which show professional fisher, and oddly, I enjoy watching that, I guess I'm an old man, but when I see that Mike can fishing a 200 kilos fish, I'm impressed.

Really hope that the subject will be better next week because I don't know what to say

Tom Corrivaud

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Mathis Tachdjian Mon Feb 01, 2021 8:15 pm

I'm gonna talk about fishing cause I like fish as a food and right now i'm hungry as hell.
I never really fished growing up, maybe like 2 or 3 times. To be honest, the wait was too long, waiting for like 30 minutes just to catch a fish the size of a finger "hesitated like 3 minutes about throwing right here the word you're thinking about John". Futhermore, fishing is pretty expensive, a good fishing rod is worth something like 200 euros i think.
Fishing is not for me, ima stop here because i'm gonna eat a fried fish Wink.

Mathis Tachdjian

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tom renoulleau Mon Feb 01, 2021 8:19 pm

Hi mister, I going to speak of fishing because I didn't know he have a polemics on Omar Sy, but I love Omar Sy I find it is a excellent actor. The fishing, I like it, is my grandfather who transmitted this passion to me. when I was younger, my grandfather took me fishing and since I love it. I going with my friends fished all the night with little aperitif for pass a good night Laughing I really like it.

tom renoulleau

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Rgnicolas Mon Feb 01, 2021 8:25 pm

Hey. Let's quickly talk about Omar Sy's polemic. I truly don't even understand how people can be offended by that. "Oh, you said that evil policeman are bad, how DARE you play a policeman !". Well, you dumb f*ck, you're against global warming how DARE you even think about using your car ?? Does it mean that people that plays evil antagonists in films have to be evil too in their real life ?
Those people that created this "polemic", did they got pissed at Gaston in Beauty and the Beast because he was a bad guy ? Did they threatened his voice actor ?
How can people that stupid make it over 12 years old is beyond me.

Rgnicolas

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum