UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Semester 2 3rd topic

+11
alizé
Trilla Ines
Johan Milliot
mateo philippon
Khaled HAMMOUTEN
Thibaut Brunet
DUMAS Alexis
Alfred
Yael Duquene
Romain HUMBERT
Admin
15 posters

Go down

Semester 2 3rd topic Empty Semester 2 3rd topic

Post by Admin Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:52 pm

Unpopular opinion.

You have to give an opinion that you believe that most other people disagree with and explain why you believe it.

It could be something serious like "Not all people should be allowed to have children" or something less serious like Maltesers are better than Ferrero Rochers.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Semester 2 3rd topic Empty Re: Semester 2 3rd topic

Post by Romain HUMBERT Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:47 pm

This kind of subject reminds me a debate I had with friends of mine some months ago during a party. It was a debate regarding abortion. Of course, they were in favor of abortion so I questioned them about how would they feel aborting because, as I said at this moment, "it's like a murder".
Very bad idea on my part, it was almost the last sentence of my life but, for me, it was similar because you stop the birth on a human. Their anwser was that the "baby" wasn't really born he was still at the embryo stage to which I retorted "Yeah, but the process is started so the life is coming even if it hasn't a human form for the moment".
We fought for several minutes but I don't remember how it finished, I think we just gave up, get a drink together and cheer a toast to our friendship (good ending for me tho)

Romain HUMBERT

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Yael Duquene Sat Jan 29, 2022 11:58 am

My unpopular opinion is that I believe that the world is beautiful and we live in a child's fantasy and a perfect world, let's me explain myself.
I want to believe that inside of each single person on Earth, it exists a little piece of kindness, of humanity that could be used to make the world better. I know I'm naive and too idealistic but I think it would be pessimistic to only watch the dark sides of our society, of how the current business are corrupt. Of course, we have to change something and of course it would not be easy to disrupt our whole organisation, but if we do it with an optimistic mentality and if, deeply inside our hearts we won't change our mentality, if we keep the little piece of kindness that each single person on Earth have, we will make the world a better and a safer place.

Yael Duquene

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfred Sat Jan 29, 2022 4:55 pm

My unpopular opinion is that the mullet is an extraordinary haircut!
Indeed, the mullet prevents sunstroke in summer, because its long hair protects the skull and neck from the sun. Moreover, it allows to retain perspiration, and thus not to put it on our clothes.
In winter, it keeps the head warm, unlike the gradient, which is done in white, and prevents us from catching cold.
The mullet also improves our sporting performance: with its aerodynamic profile, it makes it possible to run faster because the hair moves with the wind.
In addition, this long hair is very popular with the women, who can use it to try out new hairstyles or other ideas.
I recommend wearing this haircut, which has only advantages.

Alfred

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DUMAS Alexis Sun Jan 30, 2022 8:13 pm

The unpopular opinion I have chosen is the licence for the elderly. It is not, for me, really a problem of age but of ability. Some people become over time unable to drive. They can become a real danger to themselves and to others. I think that doctors working with elderly people should have the right to prescribe a battery of tests to prove driving ability (like a renewal). Or else use a system similar to that of truck drivers with an equivalent of licence renewal.

DUMAS Alexis

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Thibaut Brunet Sun Jan 30, 2022 10:46 pm

Many people study or plan their future jobs based on the income it brings. I envision my future job not for the money but for the values ​​it releases. Personally I want to become a soldier because I have at heart to defend my country and these citizens, but everyone knows that the salary of a soldier is just above the SMIC. One does not become a soldier for the money but for the duty. At a time when influencers and TV stars advocate luxury living and where making money is more important than well-being, I totally distance myself from this idea.

Thibaut Brunet

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled HAMMOUTEN Mon Jan 31, 2022 1:17 pm

I'm going to talk about the right to abortion, a lot of people say they don't agree with that, it's respectable because it's their opinion, but they force people who want an abortion not to do. Especially since nowadays young people don't always protect themselves and there can be accidents, even if I'm not for it, I don't force anyone not to do it. We must also adapt to the laws that exist in the country where we live.

Khaled HAMMOUTEN

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mateo philippon Mon Jan 31, 2022 2:11 pm

i'm going too talk about your goal , some people dream about his goal , think about and just see the end and not and not the way to get there. it's you you vs you you have too be disciplaned , dedication and hard work some people forget that nobody can make that for you. wake up you the morning , take your hand for you up when you fall , if you want achieve your goal, you have to stop dreaming about , you have too take your life between his lives

mateo philippon

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Johan Milliot Mon Jan 31, 2022 4:49 pm

I’m going to talk about VAR in football. It’s a video arbitration that allows you to review gaming actions that allow for justice sometimes. Many people are against it because this process is long, cuts the pace, and sometimes can spoil the passion of football. I am for when it is well used. It must not replace a central referee, nor a touchdown. Referees are the main leaders in the field and must therefore make choices without hiding behind the VAR. It must be used quickly and in the right moments, during bad behavior or validation of a goal. This tool must be faster and more efficient to avoid cutting the pace of the game.

Johan Milliot

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Trilla Ines Wed Feb 02, 2022 4:30 pm

if I want to say something to someone I tell them regardless of their hierarchy in society, their level of study or their beliefs. I always remain in respect but I do not prevent myself from saying what I think. Young people nowadays are docile, they don't dare to say anything anymore because they are afraid of losing their place, whether people think badly of them or otherwise. I don't care, I have principles and values that I promote.

Trilla Ines

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by alizé Thu Feb 03, 2022 5:20 pm

I'm going to talk about abortion, a lot of people don't agree with that. But I think that if a woman does not want a child she can abort for her good and for the good of the child. Because some children are abused or sent to foster care because their parents didn't want them.

alizé

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Mathieu Sun Feb 06, 2022 11:54 am

About game videos, I think parents limit their children too much. For me it must of course remain a hobby, but which we know can take up a lot of space in life in terms of hours per week. I think parents should let their children play after all their chores are done, whether it's homework or household chores. I think that everyone should be free in their free time to do what they like, and I'm sure that one day the children grow tired and want to do something else, like meeting their online friends in real life, which brings a real social bond for people in case of obesity or handicap for example.

Mathieu

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomas HERONNEAU Mon Feb 14, 2022 2:25 pm

I'm going to talk about the unpopular opinion that I find all sci-fi movies like Star Wars uninteresting. I find it so long as a film to see just men fighting in space with characters that are very badly done and don't look like anything real. I find this kind of film almost childish. I hope I'm not the only one in this class thinking that.

Thomas HERONNEAU

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by BENJAMINAUBRY Fri Feb 18, 2022 1:36 pm

I think I'm gonna say something that can be wrong for many people, but I really think to everything is possible at the moment you want it.
This is an unpopular opinion

BENJAMINAUBRY

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Bastien Morin Mon Feb 28, 2022 9:20 am

I am going to talk to you about the possible creation of a football championship with the best teams in the world, everyone would like to have this championship for high-level matches with the best players, but I do not agree, that will not help small high level clubs and I think that the champions league is already a competition with the best teams in europe and therefore in the world

Bastien Morin

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down