UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Second semester first topic

+24
cbezies
Flavien P
Louis ROGER
thibault olivier
Thomas Moreau
Tom Corrivaud
Jardin victoire
Simon Martinet
youri b
Larbre
Théo DANGOUMAU
Lydie Maroteix
Rgnicolas
ecolde01
florian
tom renoulleau
Pauline Lachevre
Anais Quéré
alefev10
Admin
gbillaud
Lucie Proux
Nathan Quiry
Mathis Tachdjian
28 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Second semester first topic Empty Second semester first topic

Post by Admin Tue Jan 12, 2021 12:18 pm

The topic chosen by your colleagues is Donald Trump, Twitter and America. 50 to 100 words people.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Second semester first topic Empty Re: Second semester first topic

Post by Mathis Tachdjian Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:35 pm

Hi John, it's a pleasure to be able to talk to you again during these tough times. The recent events occuring in the USA kicked Donald Trump out of twitter for the sake of limiting incitement to hatred the former president might have provoked with some tweets. That is not the first time twitter has been acting against Trump, they already limited his account back in the time during the presidential election.
In my opinion, i like seeing big company acting for rights, however, it feel hypocritical from twitter cause they are banning him while some senators from autoritarian regim all around the world have free access to twitter. Twitter in a way is just following the trend to have some clout and appreciation from users : it's a trend to hate Trump honestly (i'm not saying i'm routing for him calm down aha).

Mathis Tachdjian

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathan Quiry Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:04 pm

Okay so let's talk about the most fabulous (objectively no) man in America ! To me this man is an entire joke, it's the archetype of a man raised with everything he wanted already in his hands (his father gave him one million dollars when he was eighteen) and one day he came at the head of the most powerful country in the world and for me he just had no idea how to rule or anything. And that's why he's always lying and he never admitt when he's wrong. And as I'm already around one hundred words I'll end with this quote that I like "a strong man who as known power all his life will lose respect for that power. But a weak man knows the value of strength, and knows compassion.". That's also what I think all our presidents, prime minister or whatever are not able to rule anymore, the have forget the value of real things.

Nathan Quiry

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Jan 12, 2021 4:36 pm

Mathis Tachdjian wrote:Hi John, it's a pleasure to be able to talk to you again during these tough times. The recent events occuring in the USA kicked Donald Trump out of twitter for the sake of limiting incitement to hatred the former president might have provoked with some tweets. That is not the first time twitter has been acting against Trump, they already limited his account back in the time during the presidential election.
In my opinion, i like seeing big company acting for rights, however, it feel hypocritical from twitter cause they are banning him while some senators from autoritarian regim all around the world have free access to twitter. Twitter in a way is just following the trend to have some clout and appreciation from users : it's a trend to hate Trump honestly (i'm not saying i'm routing for him calm down aha).

I agree with you. Trump may be a dangerous fool but there are many more like him and worse who are not banned. Why do these companies have such power?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Jan 12, 2021 4:37 pm

Nathan Quiry wrote:Okay so let's talk about the most fabulous (objectively no) man in America ! To me this man is an entire joke, it's the archetype of a man raised with everything he wanted already in his hands (his father gave him one million dollars when he was eighteen) and one day he came at the head of the most powerful country in the world and for me he just had no idea how to rule or anything. And that's why he's always lying and he never admitt when he's wrong. And as I'm already around one hundred words I'll end with this quote that I like "a strong man who as known power all his life will lose respect for that power. But a weak man knows the value of strength, and knows compassion.". That's also what I think all our presidents, prime minister or whatever are not able to rule anymore, the have forget the value of real things.

Again I agree with you but if we believe in democracy the man was voted in ....
Admin
Admin
Admin

Nathan Quiry likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucie Proux Tue Jan 12, 2021 5:14 pm

Me, I wan't to talk about of mixing the three topics, because indeed at the moment we hear a lot about America and so the old President Donald Trump but especially of his Twitter account.
Indeed I heard on NRJ12 with Cauet (this animator I hate very much for a lot of stupid thing that come out of this mouth...) I heard that Donald Trump's Twitter account has been deleted for X reasons. It's stupid because, yes is not perfect men but it was never in non-respect. Today many children are harass, many racist publications, against Islam... etc circulate and they remove during a long days or weeks before being deleted. Donald Trump's account was deleted very quickly, I don't understand....

Lucie Proux

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by gbillaud Tue Jan 12, 2021 5:54 pm

Hi ! I confess that this subject doesn't inspire me so much but I will still give the only opinion I have on it. So indeed, I heard that Donald Trump lost his twitter account. For my part, I don't think that's very fair and I think it's only because he's a famous person and he has a lot of followers that his account has been deleted. Since he hasn't always published very intelligent things but it has never been in disrespect of others and I find that there are much more serious publications today that harass morally by mocking or denigrating people and their account is not deleted for all that because it is considered as humor. However, we must not forget that words can hurt more than blows ....

gbillaud

Back to top Go down

Post by alefev10 Wed Jan 13, 2021 4:07 pm

Bonjour,

Pour moi Trump est loin d'être un imbécile né de la dernière pluie.
Malgré sa vulgarité, et sa grossièreté d'acteur, Trump a avec lui la plus grande puissance énergétique actuelle: les pétroles et gaz de schiste du Moyen-Orient.
Il agit par intérêts économiques. Notamment dans la quête de l'énergie pétrolière du Moyen-Orient.
Les élections américaines sont liées au changement énergétique et à la COVID19 en grande partie.
En vérité une guerre mondiale s'opère entre les grandes puissances énergétiques. Cependant cette guerre est énergétique et non guerrière..
Le but est de faire tomber un ennemi commun de plusieurs nations, la Chine.
On va doucement passer au nucléaire pour passer à l'utilisation de l'hydrogène comme énergie première. D'où les crises pétrolières et les variations du coût pétrolier au moyen orient, en Russie et en Amérique.
Le réchauffement climatique joue aussi un jeu pour les nations américaines, par exemple, le canada avec le réchauffement sera exploitable à long terme pour l'exploitation agricole.

alefev10

alefev10 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Jan 13, 2021 4:46 pm

alefev10 wrote:Bonjour,

Pour moi Trump est loin d'être un imbécile né de la dernière pluie.
Malgré sa vulgarité, et sa grossièreté d'acteur, Trump a avec lui la plus grande puissance énergétique actuelle: les pétroles et gaz de schiste du Moyen-Orient.
Il agit par intérêts économiques. Notamment dans la quête de l'énergie pétrolière du Moyen-Orient.
Les élections américaines sont liées au changement énergétique et à la COVID19 en grande partie.
En vérité une guerre mondiale s'opère entre les grandes puissances énergétiques. Cependant cette guerre est énergétique et non guerrière..
Le but est de faire tomber un ennemi commun de plusieurs nations, la Chine.
On va doucement passer au nucléaire pour passer à l'utilisation de l'hydrogène comme énergie première. D'où les crises pétrolières et les variations du coût pétrolier au moyen orient, en Russie et en Amérique.
Le réchauffement climatique joue aussi un jeu pour les nations américaines, par exemple, le canada avec le réchauffement sera exploitable à long terme pour l'exploitation agricole.

It's a shame that you couldn't write in English - as that is the work asked for here - but to forget to translate your work into English is poor. Rolling Eyes
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by alefev10 Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:00 pm

For me Trump is far from being a fool born of the last rain.
Despite his vulgarity and coarseness as an actor, Trump has with him the greatest current energy power: the oil and shale gas of the Middle East.
It acts out of economic interests. Notably in the quest for oil energy in the Middle East.
The US elections are linked to energy change and COVID19 in large part.
In truth, a world war is taking place between the great energy powers. However, this war is energetic and not warlike..
The goal is to bring down a common enemy of several nations, China.
We are going to move slowly to nuclear power to use hydrogen as a primary energy. Hence the oil crises and the variations of the oil cost.

alefev10

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Anais Quéré Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:40 pm

Hello John,
So, I don't know what I say about Trump and his life or his country. So, I tell you about just Trump and not about the politics around. So, Trump was born in June 14th in 1946. He's the 45th President of the United States and a businessman. He was elected in 2016. This year was complicated for him because there have been and there is still the COVID-19 crisis. But on top of that, there were the votes for new election ! And as we hear everywhere on television, Trump doesn't accept his defeat and the victory of Joe Biden.
But in January, Joe Biden will join the White House and will in turn become the President of the USA.

Anais Quéré

Birthday : 2001-11-12

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pauline Lachevre Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:06 pm

Hi John,
This topic does not make me want to talk but I will still say what I think. According to media reports, Donald Trump’s ban is a landmark decision on the Twitter platform. On the one hand, I find this decision correct because I have never liked the way in which this former American president expresses what he thinks on this network and especially what he sometimes says, I find it a bit inappropriate. D.Trump is simply a bad player who does not accept to have lost in the elections. Despite everything, this sanction of banning him permanently from twitter is perhaps a bit harsh, I think the sanction should have been rather temporary. To see how the situation will evolve..

Pauline Lachevre

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tom renoulleau Fri Jan 15, 2021 11:33 am

Hello mister, first of all I wish you a happy new year and I hop you had a great holiday. On twitter i'm not active at all, but I have heard about the deletion of Donald Trump's account, I think Donald Trump is a huge idiot and a larges part of américan citizens for electing a like that to the leadership of the country. Bot I thing that unfortunately it's not only by deleting his twitter account that you're going stop a person that like. This man must be judged for his words and his edeals.

tom renoulleau

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by florian Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:07 pm

Hi John, it's been a long time since we last spoke! I don't know who the students who chose this subject are, but I admit that I hear too much about it on the news and that like COVID, it's starting to be repetitive. So, my opinion on excluding trump from this wonderful social network that is twitter is that it doesn't make sense to me. Yes what he did in his country is totally stupid for a president. However, twitter is for me the most malicious social network. Every day there are outbursts of hate on every tweet I see and that's not why they are all banned.
Then it prevents him from a right that even terrorists have, freedom of expression. So for people who are going to take this value and last ban someone (even though I'm against the opinions of trumps)
On those, good day

florian

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ecolde01 Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:20 pm

Hello John, so today we are going to talk about to talk bad faith, dubious tweeting and very clumsy.
I find that the sequence of events cannott be directly related to one of the world's greatest powers, it's simple we have a person with a mandate that has been catastrophic, public appearances and very clumsy and questionable speeches, who continues after the votes to challenge, the counts to try to influence the people counting the votes.
Talking now about twitter, often politicians have had training in communication, or have community managers who take care of their own communication. Why do we let a man who can say so many dubious things a minute speak?
I would like the fact that censoring Trump launches a kind of "hunt" for people who incite hatred, who discriminate, or who just feel superior to someone just in terms of their community, or their social class.

ecolde01

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Rgnicolas Fri Jan 15, 2021 3:22 pm

Basically, USA at the moment is hardly real. If everything was happening in a TV show, we wouldn't find it realistic. When I think about "truth going further than fiction", I think about sciences progress and new technologies. Not a battle about who will be the worse. Sometimes, I think that if I want to live a happy and safe life, I just have to look at them and do the exact opposite. Trump isn't a good president, he says a lot of dumb stuff, his supporters are not using the good points to defend him and his opponents are not using the good points to attack him either. It's like everyone decided to be stupid and stop thinking. If they evey started thinking at any given moment in history.

Rgnicolas

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Lydie Maroteix Fri Jan 15, 2021 3:45 pm

Hi John,
this week we have to talk about the futur ex President of the Uniteds-States Trump. We could start by asking ourselves the following question: How could Trump have been elected president ? How a businessman billionaire, misogynistic, unscrupulous and openly racist has risen to the head oh the state ? After all, elections are still elections, never mind. Let's stop at the end of his mandate. Donald Trump is standing for election for the second time. After the last few years, Baiden is elected ! A miracle ! But not for Trump, like a child never happy with what he has, as if he hadn't played his role as president enough. He is now inciting "his followers" to rebel against Baiden's Election because from his point of view, the votes have been sabotages. He uses social networks, notably Twitter, to communicate to the rest of the world rather than traditional media, to be able to tell what he wants and how he wants. but witch the recent revolution that he and his fans have been going through in the last weeks, and to keep as much peace and respect towards the next president as possible, twitter has decided to ban him from the platform.
2020 will have given us no gifts

Lydie Maroteix

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Théo DANGOUMAU Sat Jan 16, 2021 3:03 pm

Hello John,

For me, Donald Trump points out the negative aspects of the American constitution. The laws that put the rich above the poor. In America, the poor have no support compared to the different countries in Europe. We can see this transparently on Twitter thanks to uncensored videos that reveal all the racist violence, gender and social inequalities.
All these different forms of violence have multiplied since Trump was in power. We can see that the current health crisis has been taken lightly by the government of the United States and other American countries (the number of deaths is staggering).
I am proud and happy to be in a country that despite the various economic and social crises.
For yes, France is implementing means for the protection of its population, and you can see this when you look at the rest of the world.

Théo DANGOUMAU

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Larbre Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:04 pm

In my opinion, I think the social network Twitter was right to permanently suspend the account of the former President of the United States who is none other than Donal Trump.  Just because he is a former president does not mean that he should be allowed anything. However, I think this sanction is very light given the words of Donal Trump. It would be another person who would have little power, so that person would have been banned from Twitter and probably arrested, but since he is an important person we close our eyes. I think there is a great injustice in our social status.

Larbre

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by youri b Sun Jan 17, 2021 12:04 pm

Hi John, so i chose de topic of twitter ; for me twitter is one of the best social network because of the quickly global information you can find about news in different subjects.Personally i use a little bit twitter it's time consuming and addictive, sometimes i read some informations when i have time. recently we heard about the suspend of Donald trump account , he didn't use the right words to talk to a community
his sanction is not at the level of his act ....

youri b

Back to top Go down

Post by Simon Martinet Sun Jan 17, 2021 2:46 pm

Hi John, I hope you are doing well and had a great party. Through his mandate the President of the United States has been the only one to use the social network Twitter, several times a day to comment on his impressions, his emotions and his world views. But lately these words have gone beyond a stage, giver the current political context with a change of president, he incited the riot through Twitter, hence the deletion of his Twitter account. I think that Twitter did well to desactivate his account on the spot to avoid a drama and everything calms down

Have a nice day

Simon Martinet

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Jardin victoire Sun Jan 17, 2021 9:20 pm

Hello John, for my first written expression 2021 I'm a little sad to talk about such an unimaginative subject on human stupidity that Donald Trump embodies to perfection.
I heard quite briefly, probably because it's a subject that doesn't interest me much, that the President of the United States has been permanently suspended from tweeting after yet another inciting to violence.
On the other hand, I also heard that this dear man would like to create his own social network... What do I think about it? Although he will be happy to be surrounded by people as perched as he is and that this social network will only gather Trump supporters. Considering the fabulous character that Donald Trump plays, I wonder if the news feed won't only be composed of many posters of his big orange head ahahahahaha !

Jardin victoire

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Jan 18, 2021 11:42 am

Jardin victoire wrote:Hello John, for my first written expression 2021 I'm a little sad to talk about such an unimaginative subject on human stupidity that Donald Trump embodies to perfection.
I heard quite briefly, probably because it's a subject that doesn't interest me much, that the President of the United States has been permanently suspended from tweeting after yet another inciting to violence.  
On the other hand, I also heard that this dear man would like to create his own social network... What do I think about it? Although he will be happy to be surrounded by people as perched as he is and that this social network will only gather Trump supporters. Considering the fabulous character that Donald Trump plays, I wonder if the news feed won't only be composed of many posters of his big orange head ahahahahaha !

I hope that you will suggest a subject this week Victoire.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tom Corrivaud Mon Jan 18, 2021 6:13 pm

hi john, hope you're fine and your familly too!

Donald Trump, Twitter and America... there is too much tings to say.

Before everything, I want to say that Donald Trump is the dumbest president we ever seen.
I think he should be in a jail because he incited the pro-Trumps to do what they did and this is really serious.

I guess Joe Biden can not be worst, so it's already a good thing.

How he can seriously believe that the election has been rigged, and how the pro Trumps can believe him saying that?
In addition with his racism and other good qualities like that, he is a bad player and a lier, and the pro-Trumps think with their asses to support him like that.

Really hope that Joe Biden will be a better president even if it's not complicated

Tom Corrivaud

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomas Moreau Mon Jan 18, 2021 7:14 pm

Hello John,
For me, the topic is very interesting but it's a controversial topic because he speaks about the American president, a great world power and a very fashionable social network.
First, I want to say that Donald Trump is the dumbest president we ever seen in the world.
Donald Trump is a character who wants to be on TV and make the buzz with his different tweets: he uses tweeter to show his ideas.
I am very happy that he is not re-elected because I absolutely do not like him. What happened at the capitol is totally his fault because he’s fueling hatred.
I hope joe biden is better.

Thomas Moreau

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next