UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Semester 2 topic 3

+10
Idier Sarah
Albane de Braqu
GaiaBenoist
Corentin Chotard
Eva.P
Opale
Valentin_Bourdon
MARECHAL Mathilde
Ilona Brugiere
Admin
14 posters

Go down

Semester 2 topic 3 Empty Semester 2 topic 3

Post by Admin Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:52 pm

Unpopular opinion.

You have to give an opinion that you believe that most other people disagree with and explain why you believe it.

It could be something serious like "Not all people should be allowed to have children" or something less serious like Maltesers are better than Ferrero Rochers.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Semester 2 topic 3 Empty Re: Semester 2 topic 3

Post by Ilona Brugiere Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:23 pm

Chocolatine or pain au chocolat? For me, it's a chocolatine but for many others it's not... It's the eternal debate...
Yet the majority of the French population uses the word “pain au chocolat”.
"Chocolatine" is "reserved" for the Bordeaux and Toulouse regions. We should therefore say "pain au chocolat" for pastries made from milk bread dough, and use another term to designate those made with leavened puff pastry. A reason to return to the initial term "Chocolatine"...
Historically, logically, culinary speaking, we are right. But now why do we have to call a pain au raisin, a pain au raisin?

Ilona Brugiere

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MARECHAL Mathilde Wed Jan 26, 2022 10:44 am

For me, electric cars are not environmentally friendly. Nevertheless, with industrialists and politicians, it would be the "clean vehicle". However, the production of batteries due to the extraction and processing of these metals (lithium, cobalt and manganese, among others) leads to soil pollution, drying up of rivers, and can also lead to an increase in poisoning and serious diseases for local populations. In addition, once the car is at the end of its life, the lithium contained in the battery is only minimally recycled.

MARECHAL Mathilde

Admin and Valentin_Bourdon like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Valentin_Bourdon Thu Jan 27, 2022 12:51 am

I desagree with feminism. Of course, I don't think women place is in the kitchen or doing the housework, absolutely not ! However, I do not beleive in the ideology of equality, I beleive in equity. Indeed, equality for feminism is that all the time, a man and woman must be judged same, do the same task, ... But, there are biological, psychological, physiological or behavioral differences which make impossible this equality. Equity is, in my opinion, much better because the judgement is adapted to the person, male or female or anything else. You can see that in our APSA practice tests, girls and boys are on a different scale and it's more fair.

Valentin_Bourdon

Admin and Yael Duquene like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Opale Thu Jan 27, 2022 2:42 pm

There are many unpopular opinions. Especially on the objects that we use on a daily basis. This is due to the fact that we can refer to the same object using a different name. For example the pocket/the bag/the jug/the pot of water, or even the pitcher/the carafe, the since/the mop, the apple of bread/the pine cone, the pencil/the wooden pencil.... This can lead to many endless debates. These names change mainly between regions. Each region does not use the same name for the same object. I think it can be really hard for foreigners to learn our language because we have a lot of words for exactly the same thing. Even living here forever I'm still learning words I didn't know. I knew the object but I used another word to talk about it. I think it's special but also funny, it makes the regions stand out from each other.

Opale

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Eva.P Fri Jan 28, 2022 2:36 pm

yes I'm not afraid to say it, I think the best kinders are the country kinders.
Yes I think it may offend some people but they are not kinder buenos, although they are good they don't beat country kinder.
In no way do I want to talk to people who like kinders pingui.
I dare to say things, I hope everyone will understand and no one will be offended

Eva.P

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Corentin Chotard Fri Jan 28, 2022 10:38 pm

You must have already heard about: cereals before milk? or milk before cereals? For this debate, I think... Actually I don't drink milk and I don't eat cereal in the morning so I don't care. But as for the debate: Pain au chocolat or chocolatine? The only good answer is chocolatine of course. Chocolatine is one of the best pastries ever, but pain au chocolat is different, it's bread with chocolate in it. I'm sorry, but I don't like people who say "pain au chocolat"... Long live the chocolatine and the alcohol!

Corentin Chotard

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by GaiaBenoist Sat Jan 29, 2022 11:02 am

I could have chosen a less serious subject, but that one interests me a lot so… I think that most will not agree with me, but I am against intensive farming, against excessive consumption of meat and simply against animal abuse just for our little pleasure. I think animals have their place on this earth as much as we do and that's why I don't understand the concept of eating so much meat. Here I am talking about meat consumption, but animal cruelty is present in many other areas and it is really terrible!

GaiaBenoist

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Albane de Braqu Sat Jan 29, 2022 6:54 pm

My unpopular opinion is about ballerinas, not dancers, which I admire a lot, but shoes.
I do not understand why they are left out when at first they are very practical indeed in summer one can wear it barefoot and still have a shoe closed. Moreover they are very convenient to put on and go just as well with a dress as a pants. They are chic and refined, pleasant to wear and good style to the outfit. I think they don’t have the visibility they deserve, and should be back in fashion with the young public, here is my unpopular opinion.

Albane de Braqu

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Idier Sarah Sun Jan 30, 2022 4:46 pm

I am against the signs that warn that there are speed cameras.
Despite everything, I know that if he wasn't there, I will have been flashed, but I think the speed cameras should be hidden.
In France we put up warning signs because we do "prevention and not repression".
On a national you are overtaken by a guy who drives at 180, you see him brake in front of the speed camera (since he is clearly visible and that we are warned by a sign) and he doesn't get flashed.
But it's guys like that who will kill people on the roads (among other things of course) or kill themselves.
I don't want the police knocking on my door to tell me that a guy like that killed my family on the road.

Idier Sarah

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Ninon Ragot Sun Jan 30, 2022 6:52 pm

I'm going to tell you about an opinion on a destination that is talking about at the moment. Dubai! This place makes everyone dream, except me. Really, even for holidays I say no. This city impresses people with its buildings, modern architecture, luxury shopping. I prefer to go to a poor country than to visit this city. There is nothing natural there, everything is superficial. I had a stopover in dubai, and even the airport is oversized. They sell gold bars and bigger cars in the airport. Only the appearance counts, it's disappointing to come to this I think. Nature does more beautiful things than that!

Ninon Ragot

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Semester 2 topic 3 Empty Semester 2 topic 3

Post by Nina Rodriguez Sun Jan 30, 2022 9:13 pm

I don't like beer and generally speaking alcohol. I don't understand people who like beer. Personally I find it bitter, and disgusting... I have tried to taste fruity beers but I don't like them. The problem is when you go to a party or for a drink, it's the beer. It exists in all forms, in draught, in cans... And with all the tastes and different colors. But don't forget that beer is alcohol and alcohol is bad for your health. Moreover, beer makes you fat because it contains carbohydrates and ethanol which are energy molecules. So the more you drink beer regularly and the larger the quantity, the fatter you will get. Hence the existence of the famous "beer belly". In short, I don't like beer.

Nina Rodriguez

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Julia Mon Jan 31, 2022 10:38 am

Apple or Samsung? All those who have an iphone say that Samsung not well, and all those who have a sumsung say that iphones are too expensive for what it is while the battery does not hold. Personally, my first phone was a samsung, and I dreamed of having an iphone. Since that day I have only had iphones and I could not change to a samsung.

Julia

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Piekarski Mon Feb 07, 2022 11:41 am

I'm going to tell you about a somewhat stupid debate. Do you put the cereal before or after the milk? For me, we put the cereal before the milk. Otherwise the cereals float on the milk, and you can put less in the bowl. And cereals are also drier and less soaked in milk.

Paul Piekarski

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum