UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Week 1 Food

+3
Elise
julia durand
Admin
7 posters

Go down

Week 1 Food Empty Week 1 Food

Post by Admin Wed Sep 21, 2022 1:00 pm

Week 1 Food IStock-1093661558
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Week 1 Food Empty Homework Julia Durand

Post by julia durand Sat Sep 24, 2022 2:03 pm

Vegan food:

Vegan food is boring, without flavor, and disgusting,… All of those opinons are what many people think about this type of food. Those thoughts are generally wrong and from close-minded people. This summer I experienced some vegan meal and restaurant and I can tell you that it was delicious and really tasty. If you haven’t tried vegan food I’ll give you two advices. First don’t expect the « meat » to have the exact same taste or consistency as the real. The second advice is be prepared to experience new flavors and textures. There are a lot of possibilities and combinations of foods that we are not used to eat but let me tell you that they are very interesting.

julia durand

Admin, Clement G, selma and efobert like this post

Back to top Go down

Week 1 Food Empty The “pâté lorrain” is the most incredible thing in the word and I’ll tell you why

Post by Elise Sat Sep 24, 2022 6:39 pm

Week 1 Food Patzo_10

Hi everyone!

Today, we’re going to talk about the famous “pâté lorrain”. For those who don't know, it's a pork and veal-based delicatessen surrounded by puff pastry from a town close to mine in Lorraine, in France. It’s only found in this region and all holidaymakers buy dozens or more to freeze at home. It’s the typical dish that everyone loves and it’s the only dish that I know of that can be eaten at any time of the day, morning, afternoon or evening, whether it’s cold or hot. So, to me, it’s the most incredible course of the world. It’s also easy to do it yourself and then you can amaze your guests !
I have so many memories around this dish, all fantastic. It’s a source of joy, convivial moments and great meetings. Did you know that it’s the only food that every Vosgiens buy after a party on the morning?
At 5 am or 6 am, we knock on the bakery’s door even if it’s not open, they’re always working and we buy them for breakfast and continue the party. So, take your car and hurry up to enjoy this wonderful “pâté lorrain”, you will not be disappointed, I promise !

Elise D ✿

Elise

Admin, Clement G, selma and efobert like this post

Back to top Go down

Week 1 Food Empty Algerian street food: Karantika

Post by selma Sat Sep 24, 2022 7:52 pm

Week 1 Food D6wwDPdXkAAI2dT

Hello everyone!
For this topic, I am going to introduce you to Algerian food. I think you all know about the typical North African meals such as Couscous or Tajine. But have you ever heard about Karantika?

Also called the poor man’s meal, Karantika is an Algerian-Hispanic dish only made of:
- chickpea flour;
- water;
- and salt THAT’S ALL!

It looks like a pudding and we typically eat it on a piece of bread with some harissa sauce and cumin on top.

Actually, the word “Karantika” comes from the Spanish “caliente” which means hot (it’s ready to be eaten as soon as it is cooked). It takes its origin in the 16th century in the second greatest city of Algeria: Oran, then occupied by the Spanish.
If you ever visit the western part of Algeria, you’ll be able to find Karantika street vendors on every corner. And I really recommend it to you if you have the opportunity to taste it, it’s just delicious!

In resume, Karantika is good, cheap, healthy, vegan and gluten-free. What could be better?

selma

Admin and efobert like this post

Back to top Go down

Week 1 Food Empty Re: Week 1 Food

Post by Océane Mon Sep 26, 2022 7:12 pm

Hello everyone
As well as being a region surrounded by beautiful coastlines, Brittany is also famous for its gastronomy (Crepe, salted butter caramel, buckwheat pancake ...). Today, I decided to tell you about one of my favourite cakes: The Amman kouign.
The kouign Amman is a cake whose name literally means "butter cake". Indeed, this cake, made of bread dough, contains a very large amount of butter and sugar. It may not be the best dessert from a nutritional point of view, but it is really delicious. To give you an idea of the taste, I think that the kouign amann is a mix between a brioche and a croissant (but with more butter and sugar).
If one day you have the opportunity to visit the most beautiful region of France, I advise you to try this delicious cake
Tip : remember to reheat it before eating it, it's even better!
Week 1 Food Kouign10

Océane

Admin and efobert like this post

Back to top Go down

Week 1 Food Empty THE Apple pie

Post by cgadouas Tue Sep 27, 2022 10:45 am

Hello Hello,

To begin with, I’m not a fan of a lot of recipes. And I don’t like a lot of aliments, but I have a few comfort foods which I eat whenever I feel stressed, tired or even lonely.

My favorite recipe ever is my grandma’s apple pie. I only eat my grandma’s one because she is the only person on earth (I definitely mean it) who is capable of having the right amount of sugar, butter, apple and the right texture of dough (a soft dough but at the same time a crispy dough) in an apple pie. I tried multiple times to make the recipe she gave me (and made it herself) but I couldn't deliver the same result and the same taste as her own apple pie. But whatever, I'm stubborn so I will try again until I make it perfect.  Cool

Bye,

cgadouas

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Week 1 Food Empty Poitevine specialty: The crushed Poitou (Le broyé du Poitou)

Post by Julie C Wed Sep 28, 2022 12:15 am

Among the specialities of Poitou I could have mentioned the “Chabichou”, the famous goat cheese, the undisputed star of the region, the “Farci Poitevin“, a typical dish of Poitou which could be qualified as a vegetable pâté, or the “Tourteau fromager”, a cake with an unengaging look, but which will surprise you by its freshness and lightness. No, I'm here to tell you about the unique “Broyé du Poitou”, which for me is the butter cake by excellence!

A dry cake whose texture is both hard and crumbly, seduces both adults and children. Traditionally, you had to punch it in its centre or hit it on the table to share and eat it, hence the name "Broyé du Poitou". This way, everyone can find a piece to satisfy their hunger and their sweet tooth!

This is surely one of the simplest and most fun cakes to eat and make (don't worry, you'll find the recipe at the end of the article). It used to be eaten at weddings, at wines of honor or on days of communion whenever there was a gathering

This galette is a bit like my Proust madeleine of family meals. My grandmother in charge of its realization used to add a little rum, sometimes a little too much to be honest. She let her talents as an artist express and drew with a fork and dice to sew pretty arabesques on top of the cake before putting it in the oven.

And finally, here is the recipe for "Broyé du Poitou" as promised!

Ingredients :
250g of butter
250g sugar
500g of flour
1 egg
A pinch of salt

In a bowl, start by making a well with the flour, before adding the pinch of salt, sugar, butter and the egg. Mix it all together with your hands, which have been washed before of course! After kneading the dough to make a ball, flour your worktop spread the dough 1.5 cm thick and brown it with egg yolk. Make way for the artistic part of the recipe. Using fork draw pretty arabesques before putting in the oven at 180 ° C for 15 minutes. Let it cool completely before eating.

Good tasting!!!

Julie C

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Week 1 Food Empty Re: Week 1 Food

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down