UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2nd week topic 3.

+4
Romain Muzzolini
Pillet Quentin
Suzanne Zhou
Admin
8 posters

Go down

2nd week topic 3. Empty 2nd week topic 3.

Post by Admin Wed Oct 07, 2015 5:21 pm

This week there are 3 subjects you can comment on 1, 2 or all 3.

Topic 3 is:

Marvel or DC?
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

2nd week topic 3. Empty Re: 2nd week topic 3.

Post by Suzanne Zhou Sun Oct 11, 2015 10:32 pm

How to say ? I don't read the comics of these two companies but you may find they are investing increasingly in movies and television series. It's hard for me to differentiate their works. I am a little bit in the dark about it.
I have a friend who loves watching movies and superhero series, I think for her that isn't a problem to love Marvel films and appreciate DC series. They certainly have differences but for me it's still super-hero stories fighting evil to bring peace.
I think many people like me don't really distinguish Marvel and DC, I hope others who are fans of these comics can say more.

Suzanne Zhou

Back to top Go down

Post by Pillet Quentin Mon Oct 12, 2015 5:18 pm

I think DC characters are more interesting . Indeed, the characters are more human . We can identify with super heros easier . over there the character of Batman that is for me the best super hero . because it does not have super powers and happens to fly , saving the innocent,

Pillet Quentin

Back to top Go down

Post by Romain Muzzolini Mon Oct 12, 2015 6:55 pm

What a topic! There is a lot of thing to say, when you know a bit about the competition between DC Universe and Marvel Comics.
Those two companies are competitor in the world of the super-heroes. Indeed, at the beginning the rivalry was only in the comics book. And the first on the market was DC, if I’m not wrong! In the thirties. Whatever, today those two companies are huge, and control every movie that talks about super-heroes.
Indeed, currently DC universe is going to broadcast in the movie theater his last movie, “Batman VS Superman”. What a big blockbuster! Indeed, since the beginning of the Superman’s movies, all fans wait for this monumental confrontation. Otherwise, it’s not the first rodeo for DC, indeed after the success of “Man of steal” or the trilogy of the Batman’s movies, Dc started to develop his own universe, but in a different way. The competition imposes his rules! Indeed, recently DC started to creates series like Arrow and Flash. Series, witch are a success for the brands. Actually, they develop in series what they did in cartoon before! Finally, they cover a long distance from the justice league’s cartoon!
In the other side, Marvel is a really good challenger! Indeed, with a lot of series like “Daredevil”, “Agent of shield” and in the near future “Jessica Jones”, not to mention all cartoons like Guardians of the Galaxy, Spiderman and Avengers. Let’s talk about this last team! We already know Marvel before the “Avengers movies”, with Hulk’s movies or the famous trilogy of “Spiderman” and the X-men’s movies. But the success wasn’t bigger than the Avengers movies, which was a huge success all around the world. By the way, Marvel is really good to prepare his public. I mean in terms of suspense! Indeed, they do a movie about Hulk, and after Iron Man, then Thor, and finally Captain America! All this to pile up those heroes in one single movie. It’s really clever, isn’t it?
It’s a strategy establish on the creation of different state! Currently we are in the beginning of the second state, with “Ant-man”, “Avengers 2” and “Deadpool”.

In conclusion, I will say that those two companies represent two way of think! In one hand we got super heroes who come from the real world fighting against evil people in the center of New York. Maybe Marvel believes that one-day the super heroes will come to save us!
In the other hand, we have another world, with other city like Central city, Starling city, Gottam city or Metropolis. Thus DC universe is more fantastic and stay out of the reality, witch are in my opinion better because the idea stay in the optic of an unrealistic world.

Whatever, it’s like, if those two companies highlight the fact that the United States are the saviors of all people on earth, with all their super-heroes! Like if we came back to the Cold War. What an amazing vision??!

Romain Muzzolini

Back to top Go down

Post by thomas sauzet1 Wed Oct 14, 2015 1:07 am

Hahaha , this topic is the best .
But can we compare the two univers ?
All of super heroes in the two univers are good and i can t choose one but if i have to choose one part of the heroes , i think its Guardians of the galaxy . (I dont read the comics , i speak about the movies ). After , is batman , the human super heroes .
But the movies of marvel became difficult to follow because all of movies have a referency of an other movies and im loose in that .

thomas sauzet1

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Oct 14, 2015 9:48 am

Guardians of the galaxy was a really great movie but I grew up with Batman - he's the hero we all want to be.

Having put this as a topic I saw that Batman Begins was on French TV (in English) this week, so I stayed up and watched it. The Dark Knight Trilogy is one of my favourite set of movies.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin G Tue Oct 27, 2015 5:53 pm

How you can say Guardians of the galaxy was a really great movie !!!
It's a piece of shit.
But i'm agree the Dark Knight Trilogy are gorgeous due to mainly beautiful theme song realized by Hans Zimmer and a good perfomance from the actors (Cristian Bale, Morgan Freeman, or Gary Oldman for example).
I haven't preference between DC and Marvel, but this two companies rocked my childhood with their cartons, movies, and a litlle bit their Comic Book.

Kevin G

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Oct 28, 2015 11:16 am

GotG was one of the most watchable movies of the year. IMHO.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Yu wenshun Sun Nov 01, 2015 11:24 pm

OMG!!! I can't BELIEVE I didn't see this topic until Today!!!!

what aaaaaaaaa adorable topic!?

I love The Avengers:( but Heath Ledger's clowns image is my favorite role in all movies i have watched. the third batman THE Dark Knight Returns is also top5 of my favorite films. ! they are all SO graceful and smart!

OK Marvel got my Scarlett Johansson SoMarvel win. Absolutely

BTW. the second and Third series of Arrow man SUCKS

Yu wenshun

Back to top Go down

Post by Yu wenshun Sun Nov 01, 2015 11:29 pm

Tom Hiddleston......
Robert Downey Jr ......
Chris Evans ......
HughJackman .....

I’m a straight ....

Yu wenshun

Back to top Go down

Post by Léa martineau Wed Nov 04, 2015 10:40 am

Marvel without hesitation !!!

I'm very fan about this type of movies, but i prefere Marvel. I find that DC comic is more borring. The heros was seriously like superman "I'm american and I will save the word". Superman is a borring man compared to Iron Man incarnated by Robert Downey Jr. The hero is the perfect mixture between superhero and a bad guy addicted about sex alcool, very proud, it's just an unbearable man but we love him !!

The movie GotG incarned the Marvel'brand, some heroes mainly funny and after superhero. I find that i prefere Marvel because their heroes was a lot of thing but not the classic hero with his tights.

Léa martineau

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Nov 04, 2015 10:47 am

Léa martineau wrote:

The movie GotG incarned the Marvel'brand, some heroes mainly funny and after superhero. I find that i prefere Marvel because their heroes was a lot of thing but not the classic hero with his tights.

So you're not too keen on men in tights?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down