UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What did you think of the last episod of...

+9
Mathilde L
mguyader
Alex Lasserre
MisterSTAPS
CamilaCristanchoDuque
Manon.C
Eloïse B
Gaëlle
Laure
13 posters

Page 7 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

What did you think of the last episod of... - Page 7 Empty Re: What did you think of the last episod of...

Post by Admin Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:45 pm

Don't you watch Sherlock Gaelle?

Sherlock new series eps1:

There was further sad news this week when it was announced that Marco Polo is not going to be renewed for a third season. I loved it for it's historical story, strong acting and the most beautiful costumes I've ever seen in a TV series. apparently it's too expensive to renew. This is on the back of news that Longmire (a cowboy detective) won't be renewed after the 6th season and the end to another detective series I like called Ripper Street (end of the 18th century based drama) which at least had it's storylines ended unlike Marco Polo.

I enjoy British detective series so I'm happy that the 20th season of Silent Witness started last night and the new Endeavour series will begin in a few weeks.

There is also Grimm - Gaelle that's not on your calendar - new season starts this weekend.

I've also just started a crime/mystery drama called Fortitude that looks promising.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

What did you think of the last episod of... - Page 7 Empty Re: What did you think of the last episod of...

Post by MisterSTAPS Wed Jan 04, 2017 1:00 pm

Gaëlle wrote: My series are coming back Smile (sorry for the law quality ><)
What did you think of the last episod of... - Page 7 Captur10

What's this fake calendar? Razz
Do you really like fishing?? Wink
"Take a shower"... Twice a month Laughing

Last edited by MisterSTAPS on Wed Jan 04, 2017 1:03 pm; edited 1 time in total

MisterSTAPS

Back to top Go down

Post by Gaëlle Wed Jan 04, 2017 1:02 pm

Grimm is written in that calendar on the 7th !
Tonight it's Bones for me Smile
And I'm not watching Sherlock, maybe one day I'll put it on my list of "to watch" !

Gaëlle

Back to top Go down

Post by Gaëlle Wed Jan 04, 2017 1:04 pm

MisterSTAPS wrote:

"Take a shower"... Once a month Laughing

hahaha, I'm not the creator of that calendar, it's my website betaseries that creates it for me Smile that's why you can read those funny things ^^

Without, that website I'll be lost, and I would have to search for infos like when a series is starting, when it's not renewed like sadly Mister Polo (RIP)...

Gaëlle

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Jan 04, 2017 2:19 pm

Gaëlle wrote:Grimm is written in that calendar on the 7th !
Tonight it's Bones for me Smile
And I'm not watching Sherlock, maybe one day I'll put it on my list of "to watch" !

7th, 14th, 21st, 28th ...
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Laure Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:56 pm

MisterSTAPS wrote:

Feed the cat (if it is still alive)

Laure

Back to top Go down

Post by Gaëlle Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:59 pm

Laure wrote:
MisterSTAPS wrote:

Feed the cat (if it is still alive)

For that I would need to have one :'(

Gaëlle

Back to top Go down

Post by Laure Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:59 pm

MisterSTAPS wrote:
Admin wrote:
Vikings eps14,15:

NOOO I read your quote because I thought that I watched Ep 15 yesterday, but not yet. I've spoiled myself. Embarassed Sad

HAHAHA I'm sorry for you MisterStaps

Laure

Back to top Go down

Post by Laure Thu Jan 05, 2017 1:08 pm

vikings ep15:

Laure

Back to top Go down

Post by Gaëlle Thu Jan 05, 2017 1:32 pm

Laure wrote:
vikings ep15:

Gaëlle

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Jan 05, 2017 1:39 pm

Laure wrote:
vikings ep15:

reply:
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Laure Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:33 pm

Admin wrote:
reply:

John I think you just spoiled us in your answer! I knew it was based on real history event, but I didn't want to watch what really happened on wikipedia because I didn't wanted to be spoiled! I did the same for Victoria or The Tudors, I read the wikipedia story at the end of the show...
And I didn't know about the actor who played Rollo, I should have guessed!

Laure

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Jan 05, 2017 8:07 pm

[quote="Laure"][quote="Admin"][spoiler="reply"]  This is based on history and perhaps the most accurate portrayal of the Vikings ever made. Ragnar was a real leader, so I don't see a John Snow - come back to life - scenario. Ivar was a true viking leader - perhaps the most famous disabled leader of all time. He was vicious and boneless (not spineless) I think he'll be a pleasant contrast to Bjorn. BTW I've said it before but the actor who plays Rollo is from Leicester so being hauled around the keel is no problem. We're made special in Leicester.[/spoiler][/quote]

John I think you just spoiled us in your answer! I knew it was based on real history event, but I didn't want to watch what really happened on wikipedia because I didn't wanted to be spoiled! I did the same for Victoria or The Tudors, I read the wikipedia story at the end of the show...
And I didn't know about the actor who played Rollo, I should have guessed![/quote]

It's not a spoil as I have no idea what happens in the series. I only know my history of viking myths. btw. I've only read Game of Thrones and in the last book Snow is dead - now you tell me he comes back to life affraid

Actually I guessed that's what would happen. I just wish that George would get on with writing the books. Bad to know tha
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gaëlle Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:04 pm

Admin wrote:
Admin wrote:
reply:

And I didn't know about the actor who played Rollo, I should have guessed!

It's not a spoil as I have no idea what happens in the series. I only know my history of viking myths. btw. I've only read Game of Thrones and in the last book Snow is dead - now you tell me he comes back to life affraid

Actually I guessed that's what would happen. I just wish that George would get on with writing the books. Bad to know tha[/quote]

Snow's story is a common knowledge, I won't believe you learn it just now by reading the comment ! haha

viking EP 16:

Gaëlle

Back to top Go down

Post by MisterSTAPS Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:47 pm

Gaëlle wrote:
viking EP 16:

viking EP 16:

MisterSTAPS

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Jan 07, 2017 9:18 am

MisterSTAPS wrote:
Gaëlle wrote:
viking EP 16:

viking EP 16:

episode 16:
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gaëlle Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:27 pm

Is anyone here going to watch A Series of Unfortunate Events ?
I read the books when I was younger and I loved them.
I think it's a good idea that Netflix restarted it because the film wasn't enough.

I hope the spirit of the book will be unchanged !

Gaëlle

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:38 pm

Gaëlle wrote:Is anyone here going to watch A Series of Unfortunate Events ?
I think it's a good idea that Netflix restarted it because the film wasn't enough.

I don't know it but if you recommend it I'll give it a try.

Mostly watching detective series at the moment. Sherlock, Endeavour, Unforgotten, midsomer murders (I know) Silent Witness all have new but short seasons going alongside Vikings, Grimm and Homeland. wondering if I'll have time for the new season of fortitude too.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Laure Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:43 pm

Hi Aele, 

I saw a trailer of this show this morning and I really think I will watch it (the trailer is great great great) and is the old guy Barney Stinson??? Because if it is, it's a second very good reason to watch it!! I miss him! I'm this close to watch the smurf to see him again Smile

Laure

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:51 pm

Laure wrote:

Hi Aele, 

I saw a trailer of this show this morning and I really think I will watch it (the trailer is great great great) and is the old guy Barney Stinson??? Because if it is, it's a second very good reason to watch it!! I miss him! I'm this close to watch the smurf to see him again Smile

It's Gale, get it right Law. Very Happy

Yeah it's that guy from HIMYM. I don't really like him so the series would need to be good for me to watch. I guess we have different tastes in Men Wink
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Laure Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:00 am

vikings ep18:

Laure

Back to top Go down

Post by MisterSTAPS Fri Jan 20, 2017 1:01 am

Laure wrote:
vikings ep18:

vikings ep18:

MisterSTAPS

Back to top Go down

Post by Gaëlle Fri Jan 20, 2017 1:40 pm

viking ep 18:

Gaëlle

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:44 am

It was a bit of a throwback episode wasn't it.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MisterSTAPS Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:50 am

Admin wrote:It was a bit of a throwback episode wasn't it.

Ohh yes, the new generation is coming: new leader, new wars, new territories. I'm in a hurry to see the next ones.

MisterSTAPS

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next