UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Group D discussion topic 1

+13
Penalva Théo
Philomène Pagnoux
Brian Coudert
Gaborit Valentin
Clémentine Canon
Mathis FARDIN
Angeline Da Costa
Honorine
Lajoie
sylvain dybich
Yohana Dumont
Johan Mary
Admin
17 posters

Go down

Group D discussion topic 1 Empty Group D discussion topic 1

Post by Admin Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:19 am

This week's homework is to discuss either depression or homophobia related to Sport. Try to add something interesting and new to the discussion. You should have intelligent views on both of these subjects. a 50 word minimum post is expected.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Group D discussion topic 1 Empty Re: Group D discussion topic 1

Post by Johan Mary Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:46 pm

Hello John, i'm going to give my opinion about depression in sport.
Today, i think that athletes are regurarly under the pressure of the result, to win, to be the best...
That is a reason to create the depression. For example, in high level sport athletes, many are critized very easily... You have to be ready to take the blows, the obstacles, the criticisms ... this is not easy for everyone.
Johan Mary
Johan Mary

Back to top Go down

Post by Yohana Dumont Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:55 pm

Hi John !
I am going to speak about the homophobia in the sport. The homophobia remains a taboo subject in the sports world. Many gay falls in depression because they have a big stress via in the homophobia in the sport. For me in the sport we shouldn't speak about homophobia because the sport is for everybody and the attraction sexual dont show the level of expertise which the person has. In my opinion, a homophobic sports person it's just a person who is affraid of losing and it's just an excuse. Everybody can love everybody.

Yohana Dumont

Back to top Go down

Post by sylvain dybich Sun Sep 23, 2018 6:26 pm

Hello,
I'm going to talk about homophobia in sport, to begin I think there is a lot of homophobia in this environment. There are few sportsmen talking about their sexual orientation. They are afraid of being judged and insulted. Many people don't have a way of thinking openly. This homophobia in sport comes from the fact that some sports are classified as a sport for men or women. For example in rugby it's difficult to confess this different sexual orientation.

sylvain dybich

Back to top Go down

Post by Lajoie Sun Sep 23, 2018 6:41 pm

Hello,
I choose depression in sport for subject. I think an athlete can fall in depression for different reasons .it can be because of an injury, athlete's entourage, poor performance and stress. Sometimes an athlete can also become depressed due to pressure.Some get out of the depression while others never recover, that of the degrees of depression and the mind of the sportsman.

Lajoie

Back to top Go down

Post by Honorine Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:31 pm

Depression or homophobia has become a common topic across the sport. Today, sport is becoming important in the media, which is putting a lot of pressure for the best athletes. It is necessary all the time to be at the top which can lead for some to the depression.
Moreover, in the world, homophobia is common but it also exists in the sport. Many gay athletes are afraid to disclose their sexuality because of people's opinion. They are afraid of being excluded from any competition, that they are not noticed anymore for their performance. For some athletes, they prefer to remain in silence but this leads them to a lot of anxiety and depression.

Honorine

Back to top Go down

Post by Angeline Da Costa Tue Sep 25, 2018 5:45 pm

Hello, I am going to talk about depression in sport. At the beginning some people start a physical activity to fight against depressions. Other side, people who practices a lot of sport, in a high level, develop depressions. Because in that conditions, the athlete has got a lot of obligations like : be strong in his mind, be performant every days and every trainings, accept the concurrency … With all the that, they have to manage their own life ; the family problems, little things of the life …
So, I thing that we need to find a middle situation. For people who are alone, isolate and in a depression situation, they should practice some sport to feel better.
For the athletes, they need to find a balance to feel good in their mind. They should practice relaxation and psychology to help them.

Angeline Da Costa

Back to top Go down

Post by Mathis FARDIN Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:09 pm

Hello,
Sport at beginning was just competition and that was hard. There was an ideal of the sport's man. Yes there was no women in the first competition. And it was just for white people. So in sport there's always been a fight, to be accepted, as a women, as a colored people. People who was different from this ideal was not welcome. Colored people and women have done their fight and now they have a great place in each sport, at Olympics too.
For now couple of years there is a new fight in sport, a fight against homophobia.
Gay people hide themselves to not be discriminated. But today, there is not as fear as before.
And at the 2018 Winter Olympics in Pyeongchang, there were 2 openly gay athletes in the USA team. And one is one of the biggest free skier of the world, he is really famous, and after his slopestyle run, he kissed his boyfriend. But it was filmed, and he was really happy of it because he says that : "
"Never in my youth, I could not imagine two men kissing on TV during the Olympics, but for the first time, a young person watching TV can see it. Love is love. "
He says too, that he wanted to do it before but he was afraid of the impact it will have on them.
This act is known in the whole world, but was of course not well seen by everybody.

Mathis FARDIN

Back to top Go down

Post by Clémentine Canon Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:06 pm

Hello, I’m going to give my opinion about homophobia in sport.
If more and more sportsman, and sportsgirl openly recall their homosexuality in the cloackroom, mentalities evolve less quickly than in the rest of society. Homosexuality is a taboo subject in the world of sport, we have a rejection of the homosexual who is win ground in any discipline.

Firstly, homophobia translates into insults to training, coming from other players, or during games by supporters, like Amelie Mauresmo.This can even train to no acceptance of homosexual people in clubs like Yoann Lemaire.
Moreover homophobia can train to the feeling of disgust, being shocked, or not understanding.

Secondly, in 2011, the associations identified 1200 homophobic acts in the world of sport. This causes the marginalization of homosexuals.
Nevertheless it also train the creation of formation and big international tournaments to deconstruct the ideas received, like gays games which are different JO.
It is a sporting, cultural, global event open to everyone without any selection. These are the most inclusive games in the world that bring together not only the best sportsman but athletes from 91 countries, to give another image of transsexual, homosexual, bisexual and heterosexual.

Clémentine Canon

Back to top Go down

Post by Gaborit Valentin Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:16 pm

I would speak about Larry Sanders, he was a basketball player. It was the best blocker of the NBA 2 seasons ago (His tall is 2 meters 11 centimeters). He didn't like the basket. When it was the days of rest, he stay in his house, to do what he prefers, like write, paint, draw, play comedy. He even play in a movie. At one point he didn't play for more than a month. To explain for what he wasn't playing anymore. He made a video where he explains that he had to cure his anxiety, his mood problems and his depression.
As we can see, all sportsmen, good or bad, they can fall into depression.

Gaborit Valentin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Coudert Wed Sep 26, 2018 3:05 pm

I'm going to talk about the depression in sport. Firstly I think in sport in high level they must have a big mind for resist to the critics of all the people. I think with the mediatization of sport, the athlete have every time the pressure. For example in football a player make a bad game, he will be critized by the journalist or maybe the supporter. I think that it's why the athlete doping for escape to the pressure.

Brian Coudert

Back to top Go down

Post by Philomène Pagnoux Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:28 pm

Hello, i am going to develop my thought about homophobia in sport. I think in many sport homosexuality is a taboo, especially in sports practiced by mens. For example, in football nobody know if some footballers are homosexual because everybody think footballers are mens with many girls and a lot of money.. A big prejudice wich favors the homophobia in sports.. i think homosexuality chock less and less people but in sport it isn't so much accepted and sportsmen must be more open-minded to accept homosexuality. What's more, i think sport is a good way to bring people together so why do people make difference just with sexuality?

Philomène Pagnoux

Back to top Go down

Post by Penalva Théo Fri Sep 28, 2018 12:01 pm

Hello John,

I am going to talk about homophobia in sport. Firstly, You have to know that 50% of athletes have got a negative attitude to the homosexual population. So many athletes don't mention their homosexuality out of fear of lose sponsors or shock. We can find this more in high level sport because coaches, athletes or staff are more intolerants than in amateur sport.

To protect integrity of homosexual population, associations try to denounce this problem. "Marche des fiertés" in Paris assemble 500 000 persons to sentence support song or insults we can heard in stadium.

Penalva Théo

Back to top Go down

Post by Marceau Jarrossay Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:53 pm

Hello John,

In my opinion, there are homophobia in sport because since children we are taught in the sport of notions of virility, because if you want to practise rugby you need to be a "strong man", and I think, if there are homophobics people it's because there're against the least people who are different, there is a lack of education and no tolerance, it's ridiculous. After that if there is depression in sport, it's because too often sportsmen give everything and often they crack because they are low psychologically.

Marceau Jarrossay

Marceau Jarrossay

Back to top Go down

Post by Benjamin Boux Wed Oct 03, 2018 3:10 pm

The depression in sport and for me something serious, because training as hard for our mind to crack and can no longer overcome the efforts shows a training overload and goals too high.

For the homophobia, i think is a probleme of the past. we are in the 21st century and we should move forward, men like men, girl like girl is not my problem and even less that of others.

Benjamin Boux

Back to top Go down

Group D discussion topic 1 Empty Depression in sport

Post by GENTILHOMME Benjamin Thu Oct 04, 2018 2:43 pm

Hi John,
I'm going to give my opinion about depression in sport.
Today, i think that athletes are regurarly under the pressure of the result, to win, to be the best...
That is a reason to create the depression. For example, in high level sport athletes, many are critized very easily... You have to be ready to take the blows, the obstacles, the criticisms ... this is not easy for everyone.

GENTILHOMME Benjamin

Back to top Go down

Post by APPERE Guillaume Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:46 pm

Het John,
I'm going to talk about the depression in sport. In my opinion the depression can be related to sport because if you do a sport, most of the time, you want to progress in this sport. But if you do things to progress it don't works and you combine it with others things in life like family or job you can quickly fall in depression.

APPERE Guillaume

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down