UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Week 5 subject - Winter Sports

+25
Louis XVI
R naceri
RDebarre
Grandidier lilian
Tom Régnier
Charlie vieira
Naomi ARSIVAUD
Maria Caulot
Mathis Hayet
victor bouveret
Adrien PLANET
PELLADEAUD Kilian
Marion Gilet
Corentin FAITY
moreau julien
Julien DAVID
julien blay
nicolasrenaudon
Valentin Delias
Léoauguin
Florian Brédif
Julien Causeur
Léo Meirinhos
diogocalheirosantamarinha
Admin
29 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Week 5 subject - Winter Sports Empty Week 5 subject - Winter Sports

Post by Admin Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:23 am

I know that they are sports in the cold weather.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Week 5 subject - Winter Sports Empty Re: Week 5 subject - Winter Sports

Post by diogocalheirosantamarinha Mon Oct 07, 2019 12:57 pm

Sports winter are very particular because of the conditions they need to have to be practiced, i hate winter sports because i hate cold and i don't like the feeling of being in the snow, however, i think it's a type of sports that is not very known or even respected by people because most of them don't care too much about the winter olympics for example, even if i hate it i try to support my country in the olympics, and that's how people should do it, even if let's be honnest Portugal only had 2 athletes in the 2018 winter olympics.

diogocalheirosantamarinha

Back to top Go down

Post by Léo Meirinhos Mon Oct 07, 2019 1:06 pm

This week, we have to talk about Winter sport. There is a lot of winter sports like skiing, snowboarding, and snowmobiling. The sport are playing on the snow and they may be competitive or not. Indeed there is skiing and snowboarding's competition but we can also do this because we love that. The is Winter Olympics with a lot of Winter Games. The next Winter Olympic are un Bejing, and after the Winter Olympic, there is the winter Paralympic.

Léo Meirinhos

Back to top Go down

Post by Julien Causeur Mon Oct 07, 2019 3:11 pm

Hi John,
Winter sports are very varied and there are many. Personally, in winter, I practice ski. I’ve been doing it since I was 6 and since I was 6 I go to the mountains almost every year. I spent my bronze star skiing with my class in college. Skiing is really a great and affordable sport for everyone because you can go fast if you want but you’re not obligated. Also, even though it’s cold, the landscape is beautiful.

Julien Causeur

Back to top Go down

Post by Florian Brédif Mon Oct 07, 2019 3:45 pm

There are many of winter sprots, outside (varieties of skiing, sledding, snowboarding...) and inside (curling, ice hockey and skating). All are regroup during the Olympic Winter Games every 4 years.
I partice rugby (XV) and many people say that a winter sport because: most of the time when we play, it was during winter (September to April) and for exemple in Europe, the 6 nations tournament is during winter (fabruary)

Florian Brédif

Back to top Go down

Post by Léoauguin Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:48 pm

Winter sports are practiced in snow and ice countries such as Europe and north America. There are two types of winter sports; those ice with the different kind of skating and those of snow, skiing tobogganing or even bobsleigh

Léoauguin

Back to top Go down

Post by Valentin Delias Wed Oct 09, 2019 3:34 pm

Winter sports are all activities that can be done in winter, mainly on snow or ice. I like to follow these activities such as the Olympic Winter Games. This competition includes different sports such as biathlon, curling, ice hockey, sledging, skiing, skating ... I prefer and I sometimes practice skiing when I go on vacation, it's very interesting and it gives a lot of sensation.

Valentin Delias

Back to top Go down

Post by nicolasrenaudon Sat Oct 12, 2019 2:40 pm

This week, we will speak about the winter sports. This type of sport is practicing during the cold period of the year (autumn and winter) because they need a great cold to have ice and snow, who are vital to the good opération of practicing. It existing different winter sports: skiing, curling, hokey, biathlon, bobsleigh... There are the Olympic Games where the best athletes of the world want to win the good medal in their discipline and become the best sportsman of the discipline. It tournament is organized all the 4 years, with the first edition in Chamonix (in French Alpes) in 1924. The next Winter Olympics starts the 4th February 2022.

nicolasrenaudon

Back to top Go down

Post by julien blay Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:43 am

Winter sports are a set of disciplines such as skiing, curling, biathlon, sleeding, snowboarding, and so on. In France the most famous athlete in winter sports is Martin Fourcade. He is five-time Olympic champion and eleven-time world champion in biathlon. He also holds many records.

julien blay

Back to top Go down

Post by Julien DAVID Sun Oct 13, 2019 10:16 am

Hello John,
I pratcie every years winters sport because i have family in Savoie in french Alpes and i go to do ski one or two times for years.
I practice ski since I am 3 years old and i have all my star today i prefer go off the paths and take big bump.
I have already practice snowboard but i have never take classes i learn alone and i like it it is like the surf on the see but in the snow.

Julien DAVID

Back to top Go down

Post by moreau julien Sun Oct 13, 2019 12:21 pm

I think it's nice to play sports when it's cold. It shows that you are really motivated to get out of the house and train. This can sometimes be dangerous if, for example, you run and slide because the ground is frozen, but it rarely happens.
I have already played tennis under -4 degrees outdoors but with its conditions it is not necessarily a pleasure.
You have to be careful to warm up well so as not to hurt yourself.

moreau julien

Back to top Go down

Post by Corentin FAITY Sun Oct 13, 2019 3:21 pm

hi john,
This week’s topic is winter sports. I love going to the mountains to practice these sports, I ski and snow, but unfortunately I haven’t been there for 5 years. For the record, the last time we went there with my family, my little brother wanted to try some kind of scooter to go on the snow ( I don’t know how to describe it ) and fell with it. He didn’t get anything broken just a huge bump in the forehead which is kind of funny when you think about it now. I think it is for this reason that my parents don’t want to go to the mountains and prefer holidays to the beach

Corentin FAITY

Back to top Go down

Post by Marion Gilet Sun Oct 13, 2019 4:38 pm

This week the topic is about winter sports. I admit that they are not sports that I practise because you need snow and here there are don't. So for practises these sports you have to go to the mountains but it’s cold and I don’t like this feeling so this is why I don't practise these sports. Over there you can skiing or snowbording, but there are also a lot of winter sport. Only few are practicing for leisure. Others are known thanks to the winter olympic games.

Marion Gilet

Back to top Go down

Post by PELLADEAUD Kilian Sun Oct 13, 2019 5:44 pm

Hello,
Winter sport refers to all sports played during the winter season due to metrological conditions. There are several winter activities such as biathlon, curling, ski jumping, speed skiing. There are Olympic Games held all four years. The last Olympic Games were held in South Korea. The French won five gold medals, four bronze medals and six silver medals.

PELLADEAUD Kilian

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrien PLANET Sun Oct 13, 2019 6:26 pm

Hi Mister ! Today, I talk about winter sport. Like his name, that sport who praticed in Winter. The winter sport, I think, was popularized by winter olympics games. After, except winter olympics games, thers are several world competition like ski world championship or the biathlon who is famous in French with Martin Fourcade. But there are other activies who are less famous, less popular. Thanks to olympics winter games, these activities less popular are highlighted.

Adrien PLANET

Back to top Go down

Post by victor bouveret Sun Oct 13, 2019 7:20 pm

For me one of the most impressive winter sports is the skeleton, a kind of sledge that runs down an ice slope. This can be a deadly discipline. Indeed they can reach impressive speeds.
On the other hand, according to the definition, we can consider as winter sport any sport that is practiced in snow or ice. Indeed the term winter sports does not refer to the season but especially the coating. Athletes who practice these sports must therefore enough to change countries to have good climatic conditions.
Personally I practice very little skiing downhill in the Pyrenees. I prefer multi-day snowshoe treks in winter in the snow. That, it forges the character.
Cross-country skiing is also a winter sport that I appreciate because of the physical qualities required. Indeed it is not enough to use gravity to descend a slope ...

victor bouveret

Back to top Go down

Week 5 subject - Winter Sports Empty winter sport topic 5

Post by Mathis Hayet Sun Oct 13, 2019 7:31 pm

winter sports are sports that are not practiced by everyone ar to practice igreen sports it takes snow and ice which is not much spread in France. I would love to try winter sports. I wonder if sTAPS in the mountains practice winter sports? If I were to play a winter sport I would like to ski

Mathis Hayet

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria Caulot Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:28 pm

Winter is coming and winter sports too! For my part I have the chance to go to the mountains almost every year ... Small I was sledging with my grandma. At 4 years old, I went to a ski school for several years to learn how to ski. Then I learned snowboarding. This year, I'm still going sledding with grandma, skiing with grandpa and snowboarding with mum and dad!
And winter sports with the faculty STAPS when?

Maria Caulot

Back to top Go down

Post by Naomi ARSIVAUD Sun Oct 13, 2019 11:40 pm

The only winter sport I've ever practice is snowball fight in my garden but this game is not an Olympic sport and I think it's a shame... we must invented a sport like dodge ball but with snowball and we could call it dodge freeze ball .. I think I have something..
So before became the first world champion at dodge freeze ball in winter Olympics games in 2022 I continue to practice sport in water but liquid not freeze!

Naomi ARSIVAUD

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlie vieira Mon Oct 14, 2019 12:34 am

I have not had the opportunity to go many times to the snow, but I have already done winter sport (ski) , I was 10 years ol. it was with my class at the Mongie in french. otherwise there are many competitions, and a lot of sports in winter sports, skiing, snowboarding, sledging, biathlon...
these are basic technical sports.

Charlie vieira

Back to top Go down

Post by Tom Régnier Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:27 am

Hi john ! Sport winter for me is quite terrible because when i was young i had a sugery at my knee so it is hard to be confident when i am skiing. But winter sport is great for holydays because you can est "raclette" or some junkfood . Winter sport is this only place that you go to do sport and you go back home heavier that before coming. This is not my favorite type of sport haha.
Tom Régnier
Tom Régnier

Back to top Go down

Post by Grandidier lilian Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:19 am

Winter sports are not very diversified since they are all related to snow and ice. It's a lot of "sliding" sport. Skiing is very well represented in many forms and skiing is also a sport that can be practiced by everyone on holiday

Grandidier lilian

Back to top Go down

Post by RDebarre Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:39 am

Hey John,
To tell you, i have nerver skied, but i already practice skated.
There are plenty of sports related to the snow. But there are also indoor winter sports. For example : swim, basketball ...
It's not because there's no snow, that it's not a winter sport. The best winter sports are still those related to the snow.
I LIKE winter sports, bu I especially like playing in the snow. And you john ?

RDebarre

Back to top Go down

Post by R naceri Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:25 am

the development of winter sports is linked to social and cultural conditions - cross-country skiing has rural origins while skating is an urban leisure and for me bobsledding is an ice sport. The extension of the winter sports resorts came with the arrival of alpine skiing after the First World War with the practice of the military and the creation of the Winter Olympic Games in 1924 in Chamonix to propagate these winter sports.

R naceri

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:13 am

R naceri wrote:the development of winter sports is linked to social and cultural conditions - cross-country skiing has rural origins while skating is an urban leisure and for me bobsledding is an ice sport. The extension of the winter sports resorts came with the arrival of alpine skiing after the First World War with the practice of the military and the creation of the Winter Olympic Games in 1924 in Chamonix to propagate these winter sports.

Remi, every week you do your homework during class!
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next