UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Week 7 - Education

+7
Julien Chaubénit
Simon Martinet
Evan Rebierre
Emma Gauduchon
Jordan Rak
Lydie Maroteix
Admin
11 posters

Go down

Week 7 - Education Empty Week 7 - Education

Post by Admin Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:18 am

What do you think about the French Education system and especially the way it evaluates you and orients you for your future? And what about the teaching of English?
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Week 7 - Education Empty Re: Week 7 - Education

Post by Lydie Maroteix Mon Oct 28, 2019 9:55 pm

I don't really have an opinion about education in france, because actually we can't compare stystems if we know only one, for me the french system is effective, however it certainly doesn't suit everyone. I think france has a lot of progress to make to integrate sport or art in school and even languages, which means that many people miss out on exceptional vocations. Sport is not practiced or very little in a competitive way, everyone has already seen an American film where the school has sports teams of all kinds or even artistic and creative activities which allows students to be more integrated and do something other than study at school, which no longer makes it a place of work but a place of knowledge transmission. these activities are possible because the American system, like many others, offers students the availability to practice one of them which is impossible with a French student since he is only studying from 8am to 6pm with a break for lunch. The language are also very poorly integrated and poorly transmitted. I think that learning English should be done very early, and even at school, and that teachers must ensure that young students practice as much as possible by encouraging them to speak rather than write, a language is spoken, a child is taught to speak and then in the 5th or 6th year of his life he is taught to write, why should students be able to write a correctly controlled sentence if they don't even know what they want to write?

Lydie Maroteix

Back to top Go down

Post by Jordan Rak Wed Oct 30, 2019 10:47 pm

The French educational system is quite unbalanced in several domains. We can see it at first thanks to the figures which show that the French pupils are much less powerful than other nations at the school level like Norway. We observe first of all that in matter like mathematics, that the level is not high enough. But especially, for example, at the language level, the pedagogy demanded by teaching is not enough access to the spoken word, and that the terms discussed are not always the most interesting to acquire a good level.
Compared to the English system for example the place of sport is not the same. In France sport is often associated with those who do not really have intellectual capacity, whereas in the Anglo-Saxon countries sport is very recognized and valued so much that crenals are reserved for sport in the afternoon which is not the case in France.
In the end the French education system is good but very incomplete. Regarding the future of it's students it still remains powerful, thanks to internationally recognized diplomas.

Jordan Rak

Back to top Go down

Post by Emma Gauduchon Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:00 pm

I think the French education system is not crazy. They don't rate us at our true value, and categorize us very much. French education does not guide us properly because they do not have the right training.
In the case of English, my English is very bad, as you can see, because no teacher has been able to help me progress and help me without lowering me.

Emma Gauduchon

Back to top Go down

Post by Evan Rebierre Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:24 pm

About French Education system, so much to say. I don't think french system is bad because it is too different between primary school, secondary school and higher education. I think that french people criticize the system because there are lots of changes today and because they only know this one, they can't compare so they yell at the state because it makes them feel better.
about the way it evaluates us, there is a problem, you must choose a global rating system and not change between colours, letters, numbers...And for example, I don't think that a multiple-choice test refelcts a person's competencies, but just its capacity to learn or just its chance.
About orientation, a disaster, stop trying to orient people quickly and let them discover by themselves what they like and what they really want to do, it's not because someone is good at physics and maths that he want to become an engineer, it's not because someone is bad at orthography that he can't become a writer. I am 18, and I don't even know what I'll do after STAPS, I just know that I love music and sport.

Evan Rebierre

Back to top Go down

Post by Simon Martinet Tue Nov 05, 2019 9:08 am

The French education system is very selective, so it is difficult. It takes a lot of work to succeed. There are several categories. On the one hand it is good because it insists us to work twice as hard to succeed however there can be too much pressure. So the French system is very selective and you have to find the special trick to stand out. The learning of English is well we start from the young age lpus what is beneficial however, I don’t think we make enough school trips to anglophone countries to immerse ourselves in their language. How one can claim to speak English correctly after years of learning, even if the language is not very hard I think an immersion will be beneficial

Simon Martinet

Back to top Go down

Post by Julien Chaubénit Tue Nov 05, 2019 9:34 am

The French education system was experiencing difficulties in some areas. First at the school level, the school success rate is much lower in France than in other European countries. There are gaps in subjects such as Mathematics but the main problem remains the linguistic gaps. The French educational system does not offer the right topics as well as the good courses essential for learning important languages such as English.
Compared to the English system, for example, the place of sport is not the same. In France, sport is often associated with those who do not really have the intellectual capacity, while in the Anglo-Saxon countries, sport is highly recognized and valued.
In the end, the French education system is good but incomplete. Regarding the future of its students, it remains powerful, thanks to diplomas recognized internationally.

Julien Chaubénit

Back to top Go down

Post by florian Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:38 am

in France, the educational system is made somehow that everyone is formatted to follow classical training courses around 3 main subjects maths French and history. The big problem is that the manual trades, they are put aside and are enormously discriminated as for people who are in difficulty at school or for people who are less intelligent. Out, if you are neither manual nor made to fit in the mold of education, you quickly become marginal and badly earned a living and have trouble finding training and therefore trades.
As far as English education is concerned, I do not know much about it

florian

Back to top Go down

Post by NOUZILLE Jeanne Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:31 pm

In France, the education system is not very effective. We have to be good at school and if we are not, we are not taken care of. For example without the baccalaureate, according to the education system we can’t go far in life while some people still succeed even though they don’t have it.
Furthermore, many french people cheat in class. This is because the education system focuses on success and not on class understanding.
Teachers don’t choose the way they teach their students and I think it is disappointing.
But I find it good that we can easily do school exchanges.

When I was in middle-school, I went 2 months in Germany and I found the educative system excellent. There is no homework, there is a big complicity between teachers and students, they always do group work instead of individual work. Moreover, German students end school at 2 or 3pm. They have a lot of time to do sports or other extra-curricular activities.

French people are bad in English. I think we can blame the education system. There are not enough hours and we start learning it way too late at school when we could start in pre-school instead of elementary school.

NOUZILLE Jeanne

Back to top Go down

Week 7 - Education Empty Week 7 - Education Empty Week 7 - Education

Post by Leane.angot Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:12 pm

I think that in the french educative system there is some good and bad things. First of all, the notation system doesn't value the work done by the student but intend to compare him to the others. Moreover the grades are based on arbitrary criteria which are chosen to induce a way of thinking convient to the society. On another hand the French system has positive points like the control in continue system where the evaluations are spread along the year and not at the end like in England. That method allows the students to have less pressure at the end of the year and i think that being evaluated along the year allows a better comprehension and better results.

Leane.angot

Back to top Go down

Post by Theo Avril Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:16 pm

Talking about education is complicated. For education it is "a social class" that teaches another. For example, in college music, we learned popular songs but no rapper. The national education leaves very little room for the artistic trades (singer, painter, dancer, actor, actor, ..) one has the choice without really having the choice. I think it's unfortunate to underestimated sports education because the more we advance in the studies the less it is present. In addition to the baccaulareat the sport has a small importance to compare to the other matter.

Theo Avril

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down