UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Week 6 The Education system

+8
Gaëtan GARCIA
Sarah LAVIGNON NASRI
Anthonin Garnier
Nina Brissonnet
Vigié Alexis
Mathilde Donguy
Romain HUMBERT
Admin
12 posters

Go down

Week 6 The Education system Empty Week 6 The Education system

Post by Admin Mon Oct 19, 2020 2:54 pm

Tell me what you think, like and dislike about the French Education system.

Last edited by Admin on Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Week 6 The Education system Empty Week 6 - French Education system

Post by Romain HUMBERT Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:10 pm

I think we have a very good education system even though there are some changes to do, it remains good overall. Our public schools are pretty good and there is a lot of help for the students who have some problems in the school or outside. Also, I find that private schools are fairly accessible, for the most part of them, unlike to USA for example where good universities are pretty expensive for a student.

Romain HUMBERT

Back to top Go down

Week 6 The Education system Empty Re: Week 6 The Education system

Post by Mathilde Donguy Thu Oct 22, 2020 2:16 pm

I think that the French education system is no longer in line with current attitudes.
From the middle school, all students must enter into a «mould» (society mould). We quickly understand why the dropout rate is increasing and the level of French students is dropping sharply.
This problem in French education also depends on social inequalities since pupils who are not as culturally advantaged have to catch up with privileged pupils.
In addition, we can mention the differences between the different colleges and high schools (grades, assessment of achievements, learning...) which are a source of inequalities within the French education system.
However, French education has some positive points: the appearance of special schools for students in difficulty, scholarships to limit social inequalities...

Mathilde Donguy

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Week 6 The Education system Empty WEEK 6 - FRENCH EDUCATION SYSTEM

Post by Vigié Alexis Mon Oct 26, 2020 1:57 pm

The French education system is based on major principles which are: free, secular and compulsory schooling. It is the principle of free public primary education that is first implemented and then free was extended to secondary education. Education in schools and public establishments is free. Secularism corresponds to the obligation of instruction and secularism of personnel and programs.
School is compulsory from the age of 3, for all French children or children living in France up to the age of 16

Vigié Alexis

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Nina Brissonnet Sat Oct 31, 2020 8:46 am

I find that the French education system is good despite some negative pounts,
it is good because it obliges school up to the age of 16 and training for all young people from 16 to 18 years old. it is essential because to this day without a diploma without much more complicated to find a job. The system is good because it allows you to learn foreign languages, and it offers a large number of training courses. France also attracts a lot of foreign students. However, French students go to school less (162 days) while Spanish students, for example, go there 185 days. In France the level of education has less influence than elsewhere on income.

Nina Brissonnet

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Anthonin Garnier Sat Oct 31, 2020 1:47 pm

I'm really not a fan of the French education system because we force students to learn things by heart without even really understanding what they are learning and, if the student fails, we will say that it is his fault, that he didn't make it work and revise enough. I don't think it's necessarily the students' fault if they fail certain evaluations, it's also the fault of some teachers who don't question themselves or who don't question their course or their way of doing things, which is not necessarily suitable for all students. I'm not saying that I know the perfect answer for all students to be successful but I think everyone could benefit from listening to each other. This is one of the reasons why I would like to go and teach abroad, in countries which correspond a little better to my way of seeing teaching.

Anthonin Garnier

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarah LAVIGNON NASRI Sat Oct 31, 2020 4:08 pm

About the French Education System, I don't like the organization of schedules. In fact, I know that in some countries such as Spain, students only have lessons in the morning in order to give them time in the afternoon for extra-curricular activities. Whereas we sometimes have lessons until 6 or 7 p.m. !
Also, the graduation ceremonies of countries like United States make me dream, while in France it's bad.
However, the French Education System is free and it's a huge chance. It's also pronounced by other great principles :
- the neutrality
- the laicity
- the freedom of education
- the compulsory schooling.
So I think it's a good system, as long as these principles are respected.

Sarah LAVIGNON NASRI

Back to top Go down

Week 6 The Education system Empty french education system

Post by Gaëtan GARCIA Sun Nov 01, 2020 5:50 pm

To my mind French education should be improved for the good of the students. Since I am three years old, I have been in classes of 25-27 minimum. However I could have experienced classes between 10 and 15 students and this is completely different. I found that it was much more easier to learn and understand the lessons. Moreover we had much more attention from the teacher and it was more practical to ask questions than if we were in a class of thirty students. To conclude I would said that smaller groups are better for the students. IT is a pitty that this system can't be applied in France.
However I feel lucky to live in France because our education system is free. That is a huge privilege that most of countries don't have. It allows every citizens to have an access to education and knowledge. To my mind the instruction from 3 to 16 years old is truely benefic and must be maintained such as the secularism.
Because the schooling is compulsory, provided free and still claim secularism I would say that we are widely fortunate to live in France because many other people don't have this opportunity.

Gaëtan GARCIA

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Elisa VINCENT Sun Nov 01, 2020 7:53 pm

Personally I think that the French system is not the best, because on the one hand we do very long days, sitting and having to be attentive sometimes 4 hours in a row, which is very hard. On the other hand the more one advances in the system from college to high school the more sports hours decrease, or teenagers need to move a lot and are not made to sit all day.
Going back to the first point on the length of the hours of classes, for example in Russia, students only have 30-40 minute classes so that they have all their attention during this course. This allows them to do shorter days and go home to do their homework without it being a chore and it takes them personal time.
Finally, to return to the second point on insufficient sport in the French system, for example the United States has a course that in the morning and their afternoons are dedicated to their sports practice, outside or within the framework of high school/college.
Finally, I think that each system has its advantages and disadvantages depending on the personality of the person who attends them, because some people appreciate the French school system.

Elisa VINCENT

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by clara ernesto Wed Nov 04, 2020 4:33 pm

From my point of view the French educational system is not the best or even the worst! It has positive and negative points. The biggest negative point for me is that there is not enough physical activity and sport in time stumps. There is little sport and it counts for very little whereas it is important in the development of a child and that it promotes good health!
Unlike the German, English and American educational systems where there is a large part of physical, sporting and artistic activities in the timetables (university competitions, music, theater, sport ...). The other negative point for me is that from higher education it becomes complicated and we do not have access to all the studies that we would like to do as before at the time of our parents ...
But in France the positive point is the equality of opportunities that there are and specialized establishments for children in difficulty.

clara ernesto

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by valentin.faydel Tue Nov 10, 2020 7:11 pm

I think french education system have good point and bad point (i'll mostly talk about college and lycee). I'll start with bad point. First I think we have to big day, for exemple att the lycee we started at 8h and we finished at 18h at this we have to add transport (for me 1h30 every day) and after this if we are serious studient we have about 2h of homework. I think the programe in living tong are stupid, I've mostly learn englinch alone thanks to all manga that I've read in english (about five thousand), so for exemple in english why are we stutying migrants or feminisme while we can't even anderstant a simple text or audio. Why have we to talk about thing that are rather usless for a simple trip in engand ? And another bad point, I think sport are to abandon, just 2h at the lycee... And why in a lot of pays there is school competion and in france its a war to find a shcool club ?
So now the good point. I think teachers care about trere students, they hear them and try there best to interest the majority. At shool we have some freedom, we have a lot of social interaction. And global student are rather high, so I think it's a sign.

valentin.faydel

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by maxine navarro Wed Nov 11, 2020 5:50 pm

The French education system is very good because since Jules Ferry, the school is compulsory for all there for even the most deprived because it is free not like in all countries. in France, school is compulsory until the age 16. After 16 years normally one can leave the ranks of the school but the best is to go to higher schools for certain trades.i'm some cases, students may learn after the certificate. for me learning is the diploma the effective one to learn a trad. in the USA, people who do not have enough money cannot do higher study because the lower schools are expensive

maxine navarro

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down