UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Week 7 Subject: Education

+16
qguyet
lucasanci
Gaëtan Morin
Théo Ben Saada
Thibaud Denis
Pierre-Louis
Yoann SCHWARTZ
Charloote NIORT
lguilb04
Alexia Barraud
Chris Boutenet Lardy
Thomas Moreau
Théo P.
Swann Giraud
dmarti
Admin
20 posters

Go down

Week 7 Subject: Education Empty Week 7 Subject: Education

Post by Admin Mon Oct 21, 2019 5:00 pm

What do you think about the French Education system and especially the way it evaluates you and orients you for your future?
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Week 7 Subject: Education Empty Diégo

Post by dmarti Mon Oct 21, 2019 6:40 pm

I think French education system could be better particularly for the way it orients the student for his future. Indeed, in France, there are many students who don’t have an academic track guidance or who haven’t been accepted into the university they wanted because there are not enough post. So, the system is much criticized, during certain periods, in France and is constantly evolving. In my opinion, the positive point of the latter is the way it evaluates because the students are noted on various works whether in group or individual, written or oral. And this way of evaluating makes the student acquire a lot of skills.

dmarti

Back to top Go down

Week 7 Subject: Education Empty Re: Week 7 Subject: Education

Post by Swann Giraud Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:39 pm

In my opinion, we are lucky to be a part of the french education system. Indeed, in France the national education is one of the largest budget of the state, especially to help students succeed (according to a study by KPMG, a university student costs the state an average of 8,000 euros per year), and it's not the same in every country. So, the french education system puts students in good condition. Moreover, with the new system "parcoursup" admissions after baccalaureat are easier. Indeed, marks are importants, but a commitment to an association or other certificates can also be taken into account and I think it's a very good thing. Of course, some students do not have admission, but it's only a small part.

Swann Giraud

Back to top Go down

Week 7 Subject: Education Empty Théo P. - French Education

Post by Théo P. Sun Nov 03, 2019 12:52 pm

I think the French education system has advantages and disadvantages. Let's start with the advantages: a lot of money is given for national education, so we can have school trips, good buildings, playgrounds in schools, we can start postgraduate studies without paying a lot of money like in USA. On the other hand, the disadvantages are many. One of the negatives of the French school is the fact that we are considered as a group, not all students are taken apart. We are not trying to help everyone individually but rather that the majority of the class gets a good grade. Gifted children, autistics and other "different" children are misguided. We can not do a collective education when we are not all the same. And so, these children, feel bad at school, they're bored, the insults of other children because they are different, their '' sidelined ''. Then, as the school does not interest them anymore, they will not work, and the grades will be bad, they will feel stupid although they are smarter than all the students in the class. Because of bad grades, their future will be different from what they would have had if the school would have taken care of them. Finally, the school does not help us to orient ourselves, we must do it alone.

Théo P.

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomas Moreau Mon Nov 11, 2019 2:39 pm

French education has adventages and disadvantages.
First, we have school trips, goog schools, playgrounds in schools and the politics give a lot of money for education. But, the system don't have good results. In France, the results of the assessments in French and mathematics are not good. Why? the French pupils do not have the bases iMany reforms are being made, but this does not necessarily improve the situation.n the two main subjects because the programs are very busy with new subjects as informatic ...Maybe we should review the school calendar as well and reduce school days. And it's difficult for higher education as well because you have to know the orientation quickly. Finally, the school does not help us to orient ourselves, we must do it alone.

Thomas Moreau

Back to top Go down

Week 7 Subject: Education Empty chris education

Post by Chris Boutenet Lardy Sat Nov 16, 2019 6:45 pm

For me, the French education system can improve. First of all, he attaches too much importance to the notes during evaluations. Students are therefore always competing with each other and this can affect their performance. Moreover, the class days are much too long and this affects the involvement of the students. Finally, French education does not attach importance to the practice of sport unlike English education, it will allow to have a healthier population.

Chris Boutenet Lardy

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexia Barraud Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:19 pm

I think that the French education system is not adapted to all students. Indeed, a student who likes work will succeed. On the other hand, a student who does not like going to school will fall apart. It will not flourish by being three quarters of the day sitting in a chair listening to a teacher talk. In addition, in terms of how students are assessed, the system classifies students, much as if it were a competition. But the one with the highest score is not necessarily the smartest in the class. Each person has knowledge, knowledge, but this varies according to the individual. The student with lower grades will therefore feel inferior to the student with very good grades. Students are often oriented according to their grade. A good student, that is to say one who has very good marks, will be able to do what he wants to study, he will be able to choose his career path. However, the student who does not have good marks will have to move towards an orientation that he does not necessarily like, but since he is not "good" he will not choose his path completely.

Alexia Barraud

Back to top Go down

Week 7 Subject: Education Empty French education

Post by lguilb04 Mon Nov 18, 2019 5:34 pm

I think the French education system has flaws in guidance. Indeed, professors are trying to direct us to studies according to our grades and courses, which is not necessarily the right solution. In addition, we are young when we have to choose our direction and we are not sufficiently informed. For example, we should do more internships because the third one is not enough and we change a lot between the third and the end of high school. Moreover, the rating has not criticized in my opinion because there will always be injustices, inequalities on this subject but we can do nothing there that is part of our learning and life.

lguilb04

Back to top Go down

Post by Charloote NIORT Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:57 pm

The French educational system is like any system: it has advantages and disadvantages. Indeed, it has sufficient budgetary backgrounds to meet the needs of most young people in France, which is not the case in all countries. unfortunately, it is becoming more and more difficult to find a trade these days. Indeed, the bachelor's degree prepares very little for a future profession and it is almost imperative to continue studying to train in a trade. For me, the educational system pushes us too much to the general bac despite the professional bac, which nevertheless, form at the very early age the youth has a future profession. In addition, very little time is given to post-bac orientation, leaving students in doubt and sometimes without plans for the future.

Charloote NIORT

Back to top Go down

Week 7 Subject: Education Empty Education, Yoann SCHW

Post by Yoann SCHWARTZ Tue Nov 19, 2019 6:54 pm

Education is essential for the construction of a young individual.
It is first given by our parents during our childhood. We learn what to do and what not to do. One learns politeness as well as to speak correctly.
Then there is the school that educates us. It teaches us to live in community, to be understood and to listen.
Some people have trouble with these essential points for life in society and are also noted by that.

Yoann SCHWARTZ

Back to top Go down

Post by Pierre-Louis Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:46 pm

According to the foreigners, the French Education system is among the worst in Europe. From my point of view, many points can explain the bad reputation of the Education system in our country :
- First, school days start at 8 AM and do not let enough time to students to have a restful sleep. That has an effect on the ability to concentrate and to memorize. Students in France are tired and are not at 100% of their capacities, mostly on the morning and on the evening.
- Secondly, the way that the Education system evaluates the students is not good : the grades focus too much on the content and not enough on the skills of the students, on what they think about.
- And finally, schools and teachers promote way too much pathways and do not pay enough attention on the students' goals. That's why a lot of students are not motivated, unhappy and decide to switch of pathway.

Pierre-Louis

Back to top Go down

Post by Thibaud Denis Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:15 pm

I think the French education system is overall good, we are lucky to have been born in a country that cares about the education of all children as is not the case for example in most of Africa. The French state does not discriminate between girls and boys.
I think that national education does not prepare us enough for working life, no one teaches us to fill in a CV or tax form.
luckily our parents are there to teach us what we’re lucky to have them always.

Thibaud Denis

Back to top Go down

Week 7 Subject: Education Empty Education

Post by Théo Ben Saada Wed Nov 27, 2019 4:24 pm

Personally I come from a teacher's family (only my mother) so I can give a slightly more critical opinion than the others. So personally, I find that teachers in general do not pay attention to students, they put aside students in difficulty and progress with those who do not need it. I think that the teachers have to question themselves on their priority because I have heard a lot of teachers tell us that it is absolutely necessary to finish the school program before the end of the year or if we finish the program but that only one student understood out about thirty it n It's no use. For me the primary goal and the ultimate goal of a teacher is that as many students as possible understand the courses and that it makes them want to continue learning. I mentioned the zero teachers but there is an exception to the rule and it is you sir, I hope you will return me the camera sir Wink

Théo Ben Saada

Back to top Go down

Post by Gaëtan Morin Fri Nov 29, 2019 2:36 pm

I think that education in France is very good even if there are exceptions like everywhere. We are part of people who are lucky to have an education since small. In France many people complain about the education system of France. But the majority of these people do not imagine that other people are not lucky enough to have education. I find that the way we are rated is stressful but fair. Unfortunately I find that those who do long studies are not necessarily rewarded and this is the biggest problem from my point of view.

Gaëtan Morin

Back to top Go down

Post by lucasanci Wed Dec 04, 2019 3:26 pm

for me education in France is very good because all of the family have different types of education. but in education we can also see evolution because in for exemple the 1900's the education was more strict because I thinks for the conditions of life and now the education has evolve a lot I think.

lucasanci

Back to top Go down

Post by qguyet Wed Dec 04, 2019 3:46 pm

For me, education has a very important role in the education of a child. The edcation that the parents received will play a role when they themselves will educate their child. We are part of people who are lucky to have an education since small. In France many people complain about the education system of France. The way that the Education system evaluates the students is not good : the grades focus too much on the content and not enough on the skills of the students, on what they think about.

qguyet

Back to top Go down

Post by Bouviala Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:58 pm

Hello, for me we don’t have a bad education system but in what it is about guidance however we can not say the same thing since it was browsed. Now with this platform that allows schools to choose students without really criteria, some people who have had their diplomas and who have made wishes on brows do not have a school just because they were refused by all the schools they asked for. There are more and more senior students who are doing this because they don’t study after graduation.

Bouviala

Back to top Go down

Post by Mathieu Lafaurie Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:02 pm

I my opinion, we are lucky to grew up in a developed country with a good education system and good infrastucture. But compare to many country in Europe, the french system is way behind in particular in learning languages. During the class we are only listening the teacher and we don't talk so i's very difficult to progress.

Mathieu Lafaurie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ropied Fri Dec 06, 2019 7:00 pm

From my point of view, I think that French national education is very advantageous compared to certain countries. Children are forced to go to school very young compared to some African countries such as Burundi, where school is not compulsory, or otherwise, there are far too many students in a class, this which makes learning complex. School is free, secular and compulsory in France. But, national education also has flaws such as post-bac orientation. In my opinion, students are not well oriented, which explains the many reorientations and failures of high schools. We do not have much information about the different schools and faculties. Guidance counselors are, to my taste, unqualified or unqualified because they think we can do a good job (with a good salary) only if we have good grades and good behavior. Which is entirely wrong. Another important negative point is the passivity of teachers towards their own students. They do not guide them and tell them that it is up to us alone to get out, to have information. I think there is a very big difference between school and higher education where the level is much higher. So, I understand the many people who say that the quality of education in France is not satisfactory but we are also lucky to be part of the French education system.

Ropied

Back to top Go down

Post by clara ernesto Sat Jan 18, 2020 7:09 pm

I think that the French educational system has bad aspects compared to some other educational systems like that of Canada, China or Japan which are much more rigorous and where there is more success in children. it is not suitable for all children like those with disabilities or those in difficulty because it widens the gap between them and others. it is less rigorous than some others and less focused on spending children (like sport). For exemple un Germany the morning is devoted to the courses because the concentration is the best and the midday they are courses of sport or leisures.

clara ernesto

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down