UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Week 10 topic - Domestic violence

+7
Le Foll Camille
Camille GENNESSON
Axelle Fardeau
carolinemaggi
Jessica Mauricio
earnau06
Admin
11 posters

Go down

Week 10 topic - Domestic violence Empty Week 10 topic - Domestic violence

Post by Admin Fri Dec 13, 2019 12:11 pm

Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Week 10 topic - Domestic violence Empty Re: Week 10 topic - Domestic violence

Post by earnau06 Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:22 pm

Hello John.
I find this subject a little delicate and not very happy... However, the fact that people are talking about it more and more makes it possible to make the voices of women who don't dare leave their homes heard, but also to shame men who raise their hands on their wives. The fact that a lot of people walk down the street is great, but it would be nice if more people walk down the street as well. This is a subject that concerns mostly women because it's more often women who get beaten rather than the other way around, but men also have to demonstrate to make the voice of the movement heard. It would also allow battered men (more than you think) to free themselves and talk about their experiences.

earnau06

Birthday : 1999-02-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessica Mauricio Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:51 pm

Hello John,

I have read the two articles and I personnally think it's a good idea that doctors can legally have the right to call the police if they think that a women is victim of domestic violence.
Even if they are over 18, I think they must do it because most of the time victims are too afraid to ask help to authorities.

I am really shoked that France is part of the ten first countries with the higher rate of murders committed by a Partner.

Now, we start to hear about it but for years this subject was taboo and it should not be ! More preventive ads and campaigns have to be done.
Jessica Mauricio
Jessica Mauricio

Back to top Go down

Post by carolinemaggi Sun Dec 15, 2019 6:50 pm

Hi John,

I agree with Elea, this topic is not the most joyful...
However it's a sensitive topic that touch me. I follow Nous Toutes movement on Instagram for several months.
I'm mad of this, those men who are killing their women because "they love them"........ Actually they are just insane.
But what makes me more angry is that some of these feminicides could have been avoided, because the women had already filed complaints...
carolinemaggi
carolinemaggi

Back to top Go down

Post by Axelle Fardeau Mon Dec 16, 2019 10:33 am

I find this subject very interesting and concerns us all. As the articles put it well, we must stop the silence to make as many people as possible react. It can't go on like this.

"A woman is killed in France by a partner or former partner every three days, one of the highest rates in Western Europe." => these figures show that this problem cannot be neglected.

I don't understand why nowadays women are reduced to objects like that and can be killed like that. Women have difficulty talking about it out of fear or shame, but now more and more women are able to denounce these cruel acts and things could be changed.
Axelle Fardeau
Axelle Fardeau

Back to top Go down

Post by Camille GENNESSON Mon Dec 16, 2019 7:53 pm

Hi everyone !

In 2019, I think it's totally crazy that there are still men who hit their wives ! It should not exist.

Concerning the first article, i agree with this step. During these marches, we can see the names and faces of the women killed by their partners or ex-partners this year (115 in 2019 ??? is that normal ???). I think it may get people to realize that there are too many feminicides.

Even if nowadays the words get out, we still have some progress to make.
Camille GENNESSON
Camille GENNESSON

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Foll Camille Tue Dec 17, 2019 6:43 pm

I don't and I would never support domestic violence. I find it unacceptable that people come to hit their partners.
I find that in France, not enough is being done to punish them.
I recently saw that in Spain new laws had been put in place and that since then there had been much less feminicide. For me, France should take an example and carry out more prevention and condemnation so that this phenomenon does not get worse every day.
Le Foll Camille
Le Foll Camille

Back to top Go down

Post by AdélaïdeSagnes Wed Dec 18, 2019 7:46 pm

Hello, I think it’s a good idea to speak about domestic violence at school. It will allow people (girls and boys) to understand that it’s not normal to “””accept””” violence from our partner. They don’t do this because of love but because of psychologic or psychiatric troubles, and people who are able to do this one time will probably start again.
I didn’t know that in France is part of the ten first countries with the higher rate of murders committed by a Partner. I’m shocked about this informations and I would like to understand why.

AdélaïdeSagnes

Back to top Go down

Post by Saradl Thu Dec 19, 2019 12:16 am

Hey,
This is so sad! I hate this topic because no one deserves this cruelty! Why demolish a women life, the future of a family actually! Kids who will grow without a family, a dead mother and a father who is in jail! I hope that one day this will stop.

Saradl

Back to top Go down

Post by katia katy Thu Dec 19, 2019 10:08 am

Hello,
I think that domestic violence is a sensitive topic.
it's very unbelievable when we think that we are in 2020 and there still domestic violence in some families it's a shame. We should sensibilise parents and children about this topic.

Domestic violence can lead to many psychological problems, especially for children.
We should reevaluate the laws concerning the protection of children and wives.
See you.
katia katy
katia katy

Back to top Go down

Post by Lauralee Spadat Sun Jan 05, 2020 11:05 pm

Hello,

This topic is close to my heart because I have a woman in my family who has been a victim of it for years, and she managed to get away with it, she even published an article about it.

Today, in my town (Ussel) a 28-year-old woman died at the hands of her husband who beat her up because he thought she was cheating on him. It is January 5th, and since the beginning of 2020 already 3 women have died of femicide. When is this going to stop? Never. When are we going to be able to help these women completely? Not today appearently... this situation really saddens me.
Lauralee Spadat
Lauralee Spadat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down