UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

S2 week 3 Disco

+27
Pierre Faivre
Paul Bressy
Valentine Berron
desaunay amaury
Cloé Meyraud
BARRAUD Jeanne
Binson Mathilde
Emma Goichon
Tmaulin
Joep-L
Corentin roger
Weiss Romain
Boismorand Victoria
Christian FLANNERY
Onillon Dorian
Louis
Julia Ceaux
Killian Torlois
AxelQuantin
Marie LEQUEC
GAILLARD Marin
lisa.chivot
Thomas Figueira
GERON Eva
Virginie GAUDRIAUD
Cloé
Admin
31 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

S2 week 3 Disco Empty S2 week 3 Disco

Post by Admin Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:03 pm

Anecdotes, interesting stories, favourite disco tracks
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

S2 week 3 Disco Empty Re: S2 week 3 Disco

Post by Cloé Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:00 pm

The '70s is really one of my favorite periode, if not my favorite. Discover the very first technologies, shared great moments to dance on the new music styles that emerge, like disco on the juke-box. The 70’ is the golden age of the disco period. I would also loved to live there for the mentality of before and for the dress style who I think, is missing nowadays and it’s a pity because these people with their look, were I find, free and more extroverted than today. During this time, icons and musical references emerge as prince or Elvis prelsey who I like so much. Especially presley who put a lot of atmosphere with his rocks and disco outfits, he was a very charismatic character, with an sex-appeal really important and who knew how to assert himself. These songs marked the 1970s, but more importantly, they made it through the years to our own people, and this is talent and it’s worthy of a great person Very Happy
S2 week 3 Disco Elvis-13

Cloé

Back to top Go down

Post by Virginie GAUDRIAUD Mon Jan 20, 2020 8:57 pm

I love disco music, indeed a lot of disco music is listened to at parties with friends and family. It allows to put atmosphere and joy to celebrate events such as birthdays and anniversaries... My favourite period is the 80's. A lot of their music is also covered or other. My favourite disco music is "nuit de folie" by William Picard and Sacha Goëller. This joyful music brings back a lot of good memories, especially with my family. I love a many other music disco. Especially those that make you want to party, to share moments together, to dance, to funny

Virginie GAUDRIAUD

Back to top Go down

Post by GERON Eva Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:00 pm

I don't know what i can told to you about it except disco is a musical genre and dance that emerged in the United States in the mid-1970s. But this you know it because it's the favorite period of your wife. So i'm gonna told to you a little anecdote. Once time my aunt participate at a night fever with her friend. For the occasion she had to dress up in "disco"! So i helped her to choose her costume. She had a curly pink wig with earings in the shape of mirror balls. She wear a silver sequined elephant pants with a sequined blue tunic. It was all in the shots but it was the "reality". It was all in the shots but it was the "reality". Now i'm gonna thinking about you disguised in disco with your dog.

GERON Eva

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomas Figueira Tue Jan 21, 2020 1:59 pm

I really don't know what to say about disco. It's a style of music but personally I don't listen to that. It's a style that was born in America
but at that time I was not born. It's sounds that surround a lot in the party certainly but I prefer to listen to something else. There are disco balls which exist, it is a ball which has full of square and which makes effects of light. And that's all I can say on this subject.

Thomas Figueira

Back to top Go down

Post by lisa.chivot Tue Jan 21, 2020 4:35 pm

I'm not going to talk about disco because I have nothing to say and also because I voted for something else. So I'm going to talk about "the best" fast food. I don't have a favorite fast food because the ideal would be for me a mix of MacDo and burger-King. Indeed the chips from MacDo are really tasty but I prefer the good burgers from burger-King and I also love the crunch of their chips but I don't find them salty enough!
From my descriptions one would think that I prefer the burger-King BUT no! Because the MacDo is cheaper! So I remain undecided...

lisa.chivot

Back to top Go down

Post by GAILLARD Marin Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:52 am

Wow disco, you have missed of good ideas? It's not really current and give more difficulties to find, what to said about it....
Discobitch is the most recent song about disco that I know Surprised , the most representative guy of disco in my childhood is disco stu from the simpson.
To me it's a period really important about party, the beginning and commoditization of nightclub, drinking a lot ... And like fashion (which works by cycle) it will come back few times and listened everywhere.
Ps: christian and I will be back monday, unfortunatly we have a water damage this monday

GAILLARD Marin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:23 am

Disco Elysium
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Marie LEQUEC Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:49 am

I always thought I was born too late, not that I regret being part of the twenty first century but I am pretty sure I would have been so popular in the 70's, with my trousers, my short orange cut sweater and my shoes way too large and thick.

When I was younger my father was constantly listening some albums of ABBA, he’d put the dvd in the dvd player and the sound was all over the house and it was ringing against the walls and he’d tell me "When I was a teen it was really popular", I mean my father was born in 1961, he was 15 when "Dancing queen" just came out in 1976.
When I rethink about it, ABBA was probably the first lyrics songs I have ever learned even before knowing the meaning of words.
Lady Diana was my mother's rolemodel.

People born in the 70's have known Michael Jackson young and black, Madonna was young too.
The 1970s marked a break, fashion completely changed, women wears short dresses, with bright colors, curly hairs, some men began to feminize.

In 1970's QUEEN was born, and I have to say that Freddie Mercury was really early with his extravagant outfits.

1970's is the disco, I barely can imagine John Cox in a blue glitter moulding suit with elephant legs and roller skates on the feet and an afro cut on the skull with an orange bandana.
Must be pretty funny and especially very fashionable for these years.

I think that’s when his wife fell madly in love with him.
In fact I would probably have fallen under the spell too. Wink
Marie LEQUEC
Marie LEQUEC

Birthday : 2000-10-08

Back to top Go down

Post by AxelQuantin Wed Jan 22, 2020 1:12 pm

Disco is a musical genre and dance that emerged in the United States in the mid-1970s. Coming from the funk, soul, pop, salsa and psychedelic genres, disco was particularly popular during the 1970s, and was briefly revived for some time. Its initial audience came from the African-American, Latin American, Italian-American, and psychedelic communities of New York and Philadelphia in the late 1960s and early 1970s. Disco emerges as a response to the dominance of the rock scene and the stigmatization of dance music by counter-culture during this period. The genre will become popular among many groups of the time with a certain notoriety.
The best disco song for me is born to be alive that takes us back to the 80’s with timeless songs.

AxelQuantin

Back to top Go down

Post by Killian Torlois Wed Jan 22, 2020 4:09 pm

I don’t often listen to disco music but I like to listen to it. Disco music has a nostalgic side and it gives the joy of living, we are in a good mood. It’s not a style of music like rap, electro, metal or reggae, or it’s hard to dance. When I think about disco, it reminds me of the '70s music that my parents listened to when they were young. A beautiful time apparently.
Killian Torlois
Killian Torlois

Back to top Go down

Post by Julia Ceaux Fri Jan 24, 2020 7:20 am

I love disco (for my mother’s greatest despair) ! These music put me in a good mood, I want to dance and sing too (not always very right and not always following the lyrics Laughing ). I don't really have a favorite track but I like "Born to be alive" from Patrick Hernandez's and "Gimme! Gimme! Gimme!" from ABBA.

Julia Ceaux

Back to top Go down

Post by Louis Fri Jan 24, 2020 12:33 pm

Today, I'm not going to talk about disco music but rather about the disco film with Franck Dubosc. This film was released in 2008, it is humorous. This is the story of Didier, who is unemployed and has a son who will only come to see him if he offers him vacations abroad. He is a former disco dancer, and he launches out in a contest with his old troop to gain the first price, vacations in Australia. Will he succeed?

Louis

Back to top Go down

Post by Onillon Dorian Fri Jan 24, 2020 5:09 pm

It’s funny that the subject of this week is disco because this Sunday when the bus came back from the match against Cadaujac ( the match we won ) the subject of the evening was DISCO. This theme is a source on to have a good evening, there will always be wacky disguises and good music ( according to taste ). Moreover it seems to me that the disco years falls on your years of fiery young man then I would be curious to see a Monday morning if you have lost nothing to the rhythm and disco dance.

very good bus returns ...

S2 week 3 Disco 83072310

Onillon Dorian

Back to top Go down

Post by Christian FLANNERY Sat Jan 25, 2020 10:41 am

Back in the 70s the whole disco scene became a real phenomen ! All the young teens and adults would go out on weekends to the local nightclubs to have a good time. All of this was influenced by the artists of the time like Elvis who set the trend. With the activity came the style ! Disco goers would dress up for the occasion often with bright colorful baggy shirts (bearly closed to show off chest hair!) and even superskinny leather pants that flaired out at the bottom. For men, moustaches were a must with an optionnal afro ! I don't know if this whole trend was started by the mad cows disease or the discovering of LSD ! We will probably never know for sure.
Christian FLANNERY
Christian FLANNERY

Back to top Go down

Post by Boismorand Victoria Sat Jan 25, 2020 11:21 am

Hello John, today I would like to speak about a movie DISCO with major players such as Franck Dubosc  Emmanuelle Béart, Gérard Depardieu.This film is really excellent for laughing, that funny gags do not tire of it. I will now talk about the synopsis.
It’s the story of a 40-year-old tanguy still living at his mother’s house, he’s up to his neck in debt and made a big order for water-filled mattresses. Unfortunately he stumbled upon a fraudulent company. It is then that in the region resumes disco competitions a good average for Franck Dubosc for earn some money, he finds those good old disco friends so he can take all the podiums. I can really recommend this film with its mythical scenes.

Boismorand Victoria

Back to top Go down

Post by Weiss Romain Sat Jan 25, 2020 11:40 am

"Disco" is the name of a French film which appeared in 2008. It retraces the crazy adventure of a father who decides to participate in a disco competition to be able to win the check promised to the winner and thus be able to pay the holidays of his son. For this, he finds these old disco partners from the 80s. Except that time has passed and he is starting to look old and rusty. Their only solution: a classical dance teacher. If you want to remember your youngster and your crazy disco party Mr. Cox, I invite you to go see this film.

Weiss Romain

Back to top Go down

Post by Corentin roger Sat Jan 25, 2020 12:19 pm

disco is a musical genre and a dance that emerged in the United States in the mid-1970s. Coming from the genres of funk, soul, pop, salsa and psychedelic, it is no longer listened to by young generations but is still present during in the evening either in a nightclub or during other evenings such as camping or other evenings. In addition I like because it allows to share good times and delusions whether with friends or even our family which, for them, is a category of music that rocked their youth. Besides, I don't have a favorite disco group, I listen to them all

Corentin roger

Back to top Go down

Post by Joep-L Sat Jan 25, 2020 12:54 pm

when someone talk about disco i will immediately imagine john cox dancing on the dancefloor with this music, you might know john that there is an other john who can dance like a god as you,S2 week 3 Disco John-t10

otherwise if you ask me to talk about it i don't know what to say No
Joep-L
Joep-L

Back to top Go down

Post by Tmaulin Sat Jan 25, 2020 1:28 pm

Disco is a music and dance style which was born in 70's in USA. It includes differents genre like soul, pop, salsa, funk and psychedelic. This music is made to dancing in particular in nightclub. A new social movement and a new dress style accompagnies this new music genre, people put colourful clothes, baggy pants, afro cut hair and lots of glitter. The most popular songer or group are Abba, Claude Francois, Freddie Mercury, The Bee Gees ... I don't like this music style so I don't give a song that I like.

Tmaulin

Back to top Go down

Post by Emma Goichon Sat Jan 25, 2020 6:53 pm

Disco, I never ask myself the question but I think I like it. At least I like what it stands for. It alone symbolized the weekend: fast tempo and festive atmosphere, glitter, faceted balls, and well-oiled choreography. The genre dates back to the 60s. It was aimed at all night owls who wanted to party, regardless of race, gender, age or sexuality. Better yet, newcomers were encouraged to emphasize eccentricity from the moment they joined the club, in order to stand out from the crowd. The disco walked hand in hand with the rainbow-coloured flags of the gay pride, and accepted both women and men. Donna Summer's erotic sighs on "Love To Love You Baby" were a sign of sexual liberation.

Emma Goichon

Back to top Go down

Post by Binson Mathilde Sun Jan 26, 2020 11:37 am

Disco is a style of music and dance that appeared in the 70s. Honestly it's not really the kind of music I listen to but I know that disco was very popular and was listened to a lot during its period, mainly in discotheques. Nowadays disco is listened to at least once in a wedding, a party... It still remains the mark of an era.
   My favorite disco music is Disco de Surf Curse, I discovered it while looking for disco music, it's a band that started in April 2019. For the moment they have only 3 songs released on the youtube platform, and they don't have the same kind of music but they still keep a very strange style.

Binson Mathilde

Back to top Go down

Post by BARRAUD Jeanne Sun Jan 26, 2020 11:54 am

I don't know much about disco and years around it.
The only thing that I know is that it was a style of music and dance that is quite special and clothes, hair, and the way they looked were so extravagant
I think it could be nice to know these years. It sounded cool and fun

BARRAUD Jeanne

Back to top Go down

Post by Cloé Meyraud Sun Jan 26, 2020 3:40 pm

I think disco period is really amazing!
I would have really lived it, but my parents weren't yet thinking about my conception. I think that what marks me the most is the musical styles of this period (as well as the clothing styles OMG). The Village People, a real legend. Even now it comes out easily in party playlists! Y M C A ! I don't even know what these letters mean but who cares, the music is cool. What man of village people do you want to be, John? The cowboy? Or maybe the Indian guy with feathers on his head? Or even the super manly policeman with the moustache and the great sunglasses? I know, it's hard to choose.
S2 week 3 Disco Villag10

Cloé Meyraud

Back to top Go down

Post by desaunay amaury Sun Jan 26, 2020 6:27 pm

i'dont what to say about disco cause I don't really listen song like that even when i's the end of the Thursday party and we all drunk but on Wikipédia their is a lot a information so now I now that the disco musical mouvement start in the 70's in new-work. In France Claude François is the most famous singer with his 'Claudettes" who are some dancer.he do song like "Alexandrie Alexandra", "cette année-là"

desaunay amaury

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next