UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Second semester first topic - Survival

+28
Lemarquis Mathis
Léoauguin
Louis XVI
Valentin Delias
PELLADEAUD Kilian
Julien Causeur
margotgregoire
Maria Caulot
Vince Lepine
Corentin FAITY
djibril17
grammont.theo
Mathis Hayet
Charlie vieira
Adrien PLANET
Fusiller Simon
Marcuccini Luigi
Tom Régnier
thibault maret
Léo Meirinhos
julien blay
Gaspard Pouzin
Ribault Geoffrey
Nathan Raveraud
Nicolas Jakow
Pierre Bonnefont
diogocalheirosantamarinha
Admin
32 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Second semester first topic - Survival Empty Second semester first topic - Survival

Post by Admin Tue Jan 21, 2020 6:27 pm

If there was a cataclysmic event on the earth and the world as we know it was wiped out with only a few survivors do you think you could survive? what type of people could survive and which type of people couldn't survive? What do you think the most probable way the people of earth will be decimated?

If you were lucky enough to be taken to a new planet with a small group of people and you were given 2 extra places - only for celebrities NOT for your friends or family - which 2 people (1 male and 1 female) would you take? what would be your ideal organisation for the new planet?
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Second semester first topic - Survival Empty Re: Second semester first topic - Survival

Post by diogocalheirosantamarinha Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:35 pm

I don’t think I could survive in an event like that because I am very stressed so if anything happened, I would probably freak out and die stupidly. I think brave people and very smart people could survive but in events like that, sometimes you can be very brave or smart, if you aren’t lucky enough you die so maybe only the lucky ones can survive. I think the ones who would not survive would be the scared ones and the hopeless because when you say to yourself « yeah I think it is over » it will probably be over for real. I can imagine two possible ways of the decimation of earth people, and both are related to humans themselves. I can think about a nuclear war or also the pollution of the planet until it is nothing left to eat or drawn by the ocean because of global warming, so it only depends on ourselves the humans.

If I was lucky enough to be taken to another planet and I had to choose 2 celebrities to go with me I would probably choose Sylvester Stallone because he can protect everyone with his Rambo skills and the United Kingdom’s queen because she is immortal anyway and she would rule the new world

diogocalheirosantamarinha

Back to top Go down

Second semester first topic - Survival Empty Re: Second semester first topic - Survival

Post by Pierre Bonnefont Fri Jan 24, 2020 12:41 pm

I think the most probable way the people of earth will be decimated is a worldwide contamination with a very easily and quickly contagious virus. The year 2020 starts well on this path with the example of the coronavirus.It will probably be more effective than a classic ww3.
I think that if I was lucky enough to be taken to a new planet with a small group of people, I would take everyone but not celebrities who are people like everyone else and I don't see why these celebrities would pass in front of my family or my friends.

Pierre Bonnefont

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicolas Jakow Fri Jan 24, 2020 5:52 pm

Yes, I think I could survive well i hope ! Because I'm resourceful, intelligent and I can protect myself alone. But I think, the most rich could survive thank's to their money, and the most poor will die the first… The most probably way is an environmental problem, a pandemic or a third World War. On a new planet, i take with me Bear Grylls, to help us to survive and explain how we can do that and Mos Def because what is a new world without a legend of rap us ?

Nicolas Jakow

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathan Raveraud Mon Jan 27, 2020 1:06 pm

I don't know if I can survive in this world because if we need to live without all the purposes that we have today like the food that we can buy in the supermarket I will be very hard for me to go hunt and make my own vegetables grow. The people who will survive will not be the rich ones but the people who can survive by themselve because the economic system of the world will be gone. I think that the most probable way of the earth to be decimated is a virus who cannot be countered and who transfer around the world very fast.For my 2 extra places I will take Elon musk because he has a very well knowledge of the scientif domain and Greta Thunberg so that the new planet can be less degraded by the pollution and the inegalities between people.

Nathan Raveraud

Back to top Go down

Post by Ribault Geoffrey Mon Jan 27, 2020 5:24 pm

It's hard to know if we could survive but since I am 7, I do expeditions with my father and so I know how to leave with the bare necessities. Maybe it would no be enough but it remains not useless.
First, I think it’s crucial to keep alive scientific people like doctors, engineers, scientists... because they will be very useful to refund the civilisation and to save lives. Indeed, doctors are the most willing to cure people from diseases but they need medicines that can be craft by others scientists. It’s also important to have the best craftsmmen because they would be useful to work the different materials on this new planet.
I would take Mike Horn because he knows how to survive and seems to be a great man. For the other one I truly don’t know.

Ribault Geoffrey

Back to top Go down

Post by Gaspard Pouzin Mon Jan 27, 2020 11:59 pm

I don't know if i can survive it's impossible to predict the futur but i hope survive because i have a mental of survivor lol. for me it's importante to keep alive the army, president of each countries,scientific,economist,sociologist,doctor,teacher, and other person must importante for keep the control of humain in alive and also i keep alive many beautiful women as actrice and top model for refund the civilisation.
I think I take thomas pesquet because he's fucking intelligent and smart, and kendall jenner because it's really fuckable but also for refund the civilation it's crucial.

Gaspard Pouzin

Back to top Go down

Post by julien blay Tue Jan 28, 2020 7:17 pm

It's a question very hard but I don't know if I will survive but i said yes.
I think that the people who could survive are those who have a soul of survivor like Mike Horn or they know everything about nature, ...
I think a hurricane with a tsunami could destroy everything
I'll take Mike Horn with me to survive and Williams to play tennis!
On this planet, it would be a problem-free utopia, it would be better to live.

julien blay

Back to top Go down

Post by Léo Meirinhos Wed Jan 29, 2020 3:49 pm

If there is a cataclysm in earth, I don't know if I can survive. Because nobody can know how he will react to an apocalypse. People can change against the difficulty. People can be shy in the past can become leader in the future. So I don't know if I can survive, but I hope so.
And if I'm lucky to choose to celebrity to go on an other planet with me, I will take Zinedine Zidane because he is the best for everything. And if we met bad people he can head but-them.

Léo Meirinhos

Back to top Go down

Post by thibault maret Thu Jan 30, 2020 10:05 am

I think i could survive to a cataclysm. But not all the cataclysm. If it's a type of coronavirus, i don't think that i will be able to survivr, due to the virulence of the disease. if it's a hurricane, i think i will be able to survive, due to my basement. I have a lot of food, medical equipement. I have some skills on survival. I practice run-orienteering during a few years in competition, so i will be able to search of situate myself anywhere with a simple map. I also have some medical skills, so I will be able to heal myself or my family. Unfortunetly, i don't have enough money to buy some survival-equipement.

If it's was possible to choose two people to go with me through space, i think i will take with me Bear Grylls, the actor of the tv serie "man vs wild" and also Mike Horn. There are male, but it doesn't matter, without girl, we will be peaceful.

thibault maret

Back to top Go down

Post by Tom Régnier Mon Feb 03, 2020 2:51 pm

Hi John ! I hope I will survive if tomorow it's the end of the world.
It is my list to survive : - Few baseballs (if I lose some of them) and 2 gloves (because with the gravity i can play alone but it is less fun than throwing to another person)
- My family (because it's to much important) / girlfriend (rebuild the world you know)
- Mike Horn (He can be helpful)
- Ninho (a french rapper, because music is too important)
- A spaceship (why not ?)
- And a Corona Virus vaccine
More seriously, I think the most likely end of the world is World War III / Disease / Naturel disaster. All of these are very actual (Trump decisions / Corona Virus,Ebola / Australia burning) so can we say that end of the world is coming ? If it is, I think the poor and the less resourceful will die first because everybody on the coastline and in really hot country should move out but it is expensive.
Tom Régnier
Tom Régnier

Back to top Go down

Post by Marcuccini Luigi Mon Feb 03, 2020 6:05 pm

I think, if a cataclysm appears, the only guys that can survive are the strongest men and women. You need to have a mental that support everything. This last one is called natural selection. I'm sure that i could survive for few days or weeks, but i couldn't survive more. If i can take two guys, i woud take Geoffey Ribault because he's an explorer, and i would take Mike Horn, a real pro!

Marcuccini Luigi

Back to top Go down

Post by Fusiller Simon Mon Feb 03, 2020 6:32 pm

Survival ... The only time in my life where I had to survive was in the minecraft video game when I was twelve years old, and even then I did not succeed.
I think that today, if I had to survive, alone, in the forest, I would absolutely not succeed. We are a generation where technology is an integral part of our lives. This influences our ability to survive, we do not study this either during our schooling. However, we have physical capacities which will allow us to withstand several hours of walking and even several days.

Fusiller Simon

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrien PLANET Mon Feb 03, 2020 6:56 pm

Hi John. If a cataclysm appears, a few people will survive. After, everything depends of cataclysm because it has several kind of cataclysm. Many end of the word will be possible like the nuclear war, nature disaster, a overcrowdiing who trains a war between population just have to food and eat. It's possible let epidemic appear. For this situation, all people will not survive. Only the most courageous and the most resourceful will survive, the others will be eaten.
If I go to the new planet with 2 celebrities, I will leave with Boob because it's a french rapper and the music is balanced of life and is also a jokeman. After, I take zlatan because with him, we can recreate football.
My best dispositions for the new planet will be targeted on the ecological aspect.

Adrien PLANET

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlie vieira Mon Feb 03, 2020 11:26 pm

I think I could survive on an annihilated land. But it will not be done alone, we can survive only if we are united with a group. people alone, or who want harm from other people on this earth are the people who will not survive. in this world we will have to be courageous and united.
on this new planet I took with me two people, a brave person and another person who is strong in medicine and science. these are two ideal types of people to survive and advance on this planet.

Charlie vieira

Back to top Go down

Second semester first topic - Survival Empty the survival

Post by Mathis Hayet Tue Feb 04, 2020 11:21 am

I think that the end of the world will be caused by the madness of men and their thirst for glory and power that will lead to a war for the territories but also for the resources. I think that the people who can survive will be the rich and powerful because they will have the means to finance their protection, people who cannot afford it will not be able to survive. If I had to go on a new planet with two celebrities, I chose Bear Grylls, a former U.S. Special Forces soldier who has a huge culture of nature and combat.

Mathis Hayet

Back to top Go down

Post by grammont.theo Tue Feb 04, 2020 12:42 pm

I think I can survive, after all will depend on where I am, the environment if I find myself in the forest...
I will try to find food and water first then if not to make a garden, to cultivate ...
I think that people who are "stupid" and too stressed will not be able to survive, it is important to keep calm and think about how we are going to do. People who will use their brains, who are resourceful and not to complain all the time will survive. Otherwise if one day the population comes to die it would be because of an illness, it is the most problematic today.
I don't know which celibity to choose, but I think I would choose someone who already participated in a reality TV or he had to survive.
And then I would take a pretty girl no matter if she is gifted or not ...

grammont.theo

Back to top Go down

Post by djibril17 Tue Feb 04, 2020 1:03 pm

In my opinion im not a genious so i couldn't survive and i think no one could survive to a cataclysmic event. The only people who could survive more is rich people because they can buy an underground house with protection etc...
The people could be decimed by a big earth quake and every people could die from that.
If i could choose 2 peoples to go on other planet it will be singers because we will die in every case so i prefered that with music and a football player to play. I go to other planet with Damso to listen his song and Marion Torrent to play football for having fun .

djibril17

Back to top Go down

Post by Corentin FAITY Tue Feb 04, 2020 1:38 pm

If there was a cataclysmic on earth, and there should be only a few people who could go to another planet to survive, I hope to be one of them, even though I believe very little, for two reasons. the first is that, our society being so done, the journey to another planet will surely pay and very expensive so there will be only the richest who can access it. The second reason is that on the new planet, we will have to rebuild everything, and that is why architects, engineers... will be privileged. in addition, all those working in the field of medicine will be as well as teachers so that they can educate the next generation and establish a new world

Corentin FAITY

Back to top Go down

Post by Vince Lepine Tue Feb 04, 2020 2:01 pm

Hello John for me the people who don't survive if the earth was in a bad situation are the people with a little survival instinct, the people who can't do without their comfort. I think in survival condition i'm not the good man because i have a little health and i'm not very resourceful, for me the most interesant stars for survive in the apocalypse is Bear Grylls for his knowledge and Maité for her capacity to cook everything.

Hugo :
Hello dear M. Cox,
When apocalypse come true, so much pople will die. Rich people, survivalist, and farmer will stay alive. People who live in the ciy will be the fisrt people who die. I don't think I will survive, I'm a princess !
If I have a chance to survive and go in space, I would like to go there with my wife even it's just my girlfriend to now and with my future mistress if you know what I mean isn't it mister Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Vince Lepine

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria Caulot Tue Feb 04, 2020 2:26 pm

If we decide that money rules the world like today, wealthy people will survive. I am not rich so I will have to die. But I'm smart and I will surround myself with the best: Mike Horn and Clémence from Koh Lanta! To choose I would have taken a second man but it is not your order. After arriving on the new planet I will remove power from money.

Maria Caulot

Back to top Go down

Post by margotgregoire Tue Feb 04, 2020 2:32 pm

If a cataclysm takes place I think I will not survive because I am nothing for! There are a few people on earth who prepare their whole life for the end of the world. I am not one of those people. Indeed I prefer to live life and enjoy it like this every day is the last.
If even if I survive then I will find it sad because all my family and friends would be dead.
If I am taken to another planet with a small group of people and two celebrities I think I will take a handsome young man like Shawn Medes (so I could continue to learn English) and a girl like Michelle Obama who will always find solutions so that the whole small group get along well.
Because for a new planet, it will already need good people to manage it, that the environment is paramount and respect for others.

margotgregoire

Back to top Go down

Post by Julien Causeur Tue Feb 04, 2020 2:44 pm

Hi John,
I think in order to survive a cataclysm you have to have a survival instinct, you have to know things about survival, you also have to be lucky, at the right time in the right place. I think the people who wouldn’t survive will be the people who don’t know much about survival and don’t have much luck.
If I had 2 extra places I would give one to Mike Horn because he is someone who knows a lot about survival and for the second I don’t know.
For the new planet, we need a more ecological organization, with less inequality between people.

Julien Causeur

Back to top Go down

Post by PELLADEAUD Kilian Tue Feb 04, 2020 3:06 pm

Hello John,
If there’s a cataclysmic event on earth, I think I could survive because I’m pretty resourceful in life and I’m not afraid to eat weird things to survive. The people who could survive unfortunately are the people with the most money because they could pay big money in order to go to another planet. The most likely way to decimate the entire world would be an unknown pandemic that could not be cured.
The two people I will bring with me would be first of all Mac HORN because he is a very resourceful man who made survival in various extreme environments would be of great help to us then I would take Alban IVANOV to make me laugh and have fun.

PELLADEAUD Kilian

Back to top Go down

Post by Valentin Delias Tue Feb 04, 2020 3:13 pm

If there was a cataclysmic event on the earth I think that I could survive, I will live that rather like an adventure! Then anyway we wouldn't have a choice, it's a new life. I think I’ll survive because I’m used to sleeping in the wild or spending nights out fishing. MOreover, I also hunt so I can eat while hunting.
Those most likely to survive would be those who know nature and those who would be most independent and courageous
If we go on a new planet, I hope I will be the leader of this group. For this new planet, I will bring Bear Grylls who is best known for survival in the wild and another person who knows how to live in the wild.

Valentin Delias

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next